trying to lose weight this year

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
lovemyway

Post by lovemyway »

that's my resolution, anyway. anyone want to share their success stories to inspire me? i'm not going to do one of those soup fads, but i think i should probably join some sort of program, otherwise i know i'll just lose control.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

I think different approaches work for different people. There are many programs out there because it is a big money industry. The basic way of losing weight, no matter which plan you may choose, is to eat less (portion control) and exercize more.

Good luck with your resolution. They say a loss of 1-2 pounds a week is all one should be losing for lasting results.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

I want to lose weight this year and am going to do what Kindle suggested....portion control.....I am going to use a smaller plate for everything and walk more:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

I have been on that HORRIBLE roller coaster ride for nearly 40 years now. I am to the point. If i STARVE i can loose weight. I refuse to STARVE any longer.:mad:
Odie

Post by Odie »

lovemyway;1102766 wrote: that's my resolution, anyway. anyone want to share their success stories to inspire me? i'm not going to do one of those soup fads, but i think i should probably join some sort of program, otherwise i know i'll just lose control.

It would depend on what you like doing as far as exercise is concerned.

Treadmills are awesome, and you can buy them much cheaper nowadays, start off with just 5 minutes a day and work up slowly at only 3 days per week if your out of shape, the phrase no pain, no gain, is not true....when your body hurts, it means you have done damage to it.

or a Gazelle is top notch as well, its a slower weight loss, but its not hazardous on your body.

When doing the treadmill, I got up to 40 min. per day/6 days a week and 400 calories loss per session.

but also, cut back on your food portions, try and eat fish 2-3 times a week, watch the carbs as they turn into sugar which turns into fat.

2 slices of bread per day is fine, whole wheat is lower in fats/calories and is better for you than white.

pita's are also low in fat....water packed tuna/tomato/lettuce makes an awesome sandwich!...you can also add as many veggies as you want to fill you up, this with a low-salt/low fat soup is a great meal.

your pasta's are all carbs as well, buns/roll/danishes/muffins/etc.

choose lower fat foods, Danone % fat is awesome!

cottage cheese

Lean cuisine meals are awesome!

low-fat granola bars

rice krispie squares

3 ounces of meat/fish which is the size of a deck of cards

eat all the veggies you want

fruits are great, but they are packed with sugar, so twice a day is recommended.

make sure you eat 3 meals a day, you can also have 3 low-fat snacks per day.

use low fat dressings for salads

use low fat mayonnaise
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee

Themis;1102790 wrote: I was secretly confined to a maximum security sell in Uganda for 10 days without food and makeup, I may have looked like **** but hey.. apart from the Cholera at least I lost 4 stone. That is what a another diet means to me:mad: some are meant to be thin, some are not.
Odie

Post by Odie »

jimbo;1103002 wrote: i have lost over half a stone since new year

no bread ,no rubbish ,porridge for breaky ,simple lunch and meat and veg for dinner

lots of mountain biking ... lots of dog walking ... its easy :):)

that and the credit crunch and i cant afford to eat and drink much:rolleyes::rolleyes:

awesome Jim, now that's the way to do it!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Boogalette

Post by Boogalette »

I`m in a similar position. I quit smoking 3 years ago and have plumped up a bit. I`m tired of it.

So I have joined the gym and go even when I don`t want to. I go 4x a week at least. I am doing spin classes . I have also reduced my snacking. I try to not eat past 8pm. I have been drinking more water than anything.

I`m down about 10lbs. This progress makes me happy. It`s taken close to 10 weeks to do it, but I`m very OK with that.

I`m not sure if I have anything to offer, but I hope so. Good luck, and keep making better choices. I think that is all that we each need to do. :)
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
southern yankee

u know i have thyroid DRAMA, hypo. i have to eat nearly nothing to lose weight. very depressing. yes, i am on meds. they make me not hungry. makes no difference. the dr. told me it is hit or miss with these meds. really stinks:mad::-1
simply

Post by simply »

I find if i pack and plan my snacks ahead of time i am less likely to indulge in the high fat and sugar choices so readily available. Granola bars, a bag of raisins, sunflower seeds, whole wheat crackers, fruit juice fruit snacks. You also have alot of healthy choices to pick from at work, go for the salads and the lean chicken. You just have to decide to be aware and make the choice to live and eat healthy.

Return to “Women's Health”