Who's the weirdest person you've met?

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Post by koan »

I meet weird people so often its hard to think of them as weird anymore. The latest is a psychic drywaller. He told me a few of his psychic friends who, along with him, did work with the police and government, were all killed by a woman who overdosed them with heroine and made them look like drug user accidents. He claims to be on the run now...hope I didn't blow his cover! He is weird because he is a successful business owner not some quack on a street corner. And he doesn't seem schizophrenic...I've known a few and its not the same.

I get a kick out of him anyway and he laughs at all my jokes so its a good relationship.

What breed of people make you go hmmmmm?
koan

Post by koan »

Update on the psychic drywaller. He directed me to a church in Vancouver which, he claims, a lot of aliens like to go to. He said I would recognize them as not being human. If this is true, does it mean that aliens haven't found "God" either and they think they will find "Him" here? Some might say the aliens are proof that the Christian church is the best. Maybe they think it is the weirdest? I wonder what they would say if they knew aliens liked to hang out and listen to their sermons. Would they try to incorporate alien issues into the sermon?

Maybe I should go to this church and meet the aliens so I can add them to the "weirdest people" list.

I'm starting to think maybe I am the weirdest person you all know.

There has to be some other stories out there. I don't say 'weird' like its a bad thing.
koan

Post by koan »

I don't mean weird like it's a bad thing!

I knew this guy about twelve years ago who was convinced he knew how to create the Star Trek replicator using holograms to create the form and power the device by tapping into energy ffom the core of the Earth.

Need I say more?

PS There's gotta be some Trekkies out there who think he could do this.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Hmm...I'm the weirdest person I know... :wah:
Cass

Post by Cass »

I have some weird neighbours, they run away if you try to talk to them... avoid eye contact and peek out from behind the blinds at us when we are on the street or getting in the car... creepy.

One day Fedex delivered something and they would not open the door.. I signed for it because I happened to be out front... I figured they would eventually have to ask me for their package... a couple of days later I found a note scrawled on a piece of cardboard sticking out of my mailbox instructing me to leave the package on their porch.. I looked over at the house and saw the curtain move.. they were watching me. :eek:

She disappeared for a while (the wife) and I had my husband look over the back fence to make sure there were no mounds of freshly dug earth back there.

Then one day out of the blue... my doorbell rang and here was the wife at my door with a cake.. she said it was extra and asked if I liked cake.. I didn't want it - but didn't want to hurt her feelings.. so I said okay and took it from her... and there was this ackward silence and then she said..

"I will wait while you cut the piece you want' so I had to go and cut a slice and then bring the rest back to her... very odd.
koan

Post by koan »

That is soooooo great! I love weird people...can't leave them alone. Your neighbours would hate me.

Hysterical she took the cake back. Why didn't she just bring a few slices? You survived that one quite well.

I had some friends that used to peek out their blinds constantly while I was there. Never completely figured out why but planned a few tricks that I never had the opportunity to play out.

My neighbour likes to spy. I like to wave at her whenever I catch her. Usually stops it for a while. (Especially if you are naked at the time.) Heehee.
persephone

Post by persephone »

My dad has to be the wierdest most misunderstood person I know.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Cass

Post by Cass »

letha wrote: My dad has to be the wierdest most misunderstood person I know.
letha.. do you understand him?

koan ~ these people are bizarre, I have only seen them leave home maybe 3 times in the past year and their car is one of those starsky and hutch cars.. Grand Torino. Tomato Red with a big white stripe :D

I didn't eat the cake!!!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

koan wrote: a psychic drywaller

I'm having trouble with this term. Has it got anything at all to do with building walls?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Koan where are you from? your ideas are so intense, there are weirdos everywhere, i just don't pay-attention...on occasion i will chat with people, depends on my mood, DRYWALL -- sheetrock hangers, right? so for Miriam, the Miriam we rented our first home from and the one that lives with us.... :-3 my husband wants to know if you feel anything else from the letter? :D
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Paula wrote: DRYWALL -- sheetrock hangers

Plasterboarders.
koan

Post by koan »

Bill Sikes wrote: I'm having trouble with this term. Has it got anything at all to do with building walls?

The walls are already built. He is the drywall contractor who used to be a professional psychic. He says he is constantly under attack from spirits he calls a**holes and rubs garlic all over his neck to keep them away.

Paula,

Thanks for sending the email. I'm really tired right now so I will look at it again later and let you know what I pick up.

>>^..^>>,

It's probably a good thing you didn't eat it. Thank goodness she didn't stay and watch! I'd LOVE to have a neighbour like that.
Cass

Post by Cass »

koan wrote: It's probably a good thing you didn't eat it. Thank goodness she didn't stay and watch! I'd LOVE to have a neighbour like that. you know whats even funnier..? the mail I accepted from them was addressed to Mr. & Mrs. Munster!!
koan

Post by koan »

MUNSTER!!!!! :wah: :wah:

I think you just made my night.

You have to wonder how they make a living. Must be writers or internet folk. With a penchant for Goth. Do they have black hair? Any children?
Cass

Post by Cass »

koan wrote:

You have to wonder how they make a living. Must be writers or internet folk. With a penchant for Goth. Do they have black hair? Any children? LOL Munster ~ my husband and I were laughing our heads off at that.

They are middle aged- 45ish... she is always in beige she must have a million beige pieces of clothing and her skin and hair is just all beige - she looks like she is made of beige wax, head to toe. No kids.

He - well I have only seen him maybe 3 times, jeans/baseball cap kind of guy...

one day they had a spit over a fire going in thier backyard with this animal on it... I was looking from the upstairs window down into their backyard.... it looked like a greyhound LOL my husband said it was a goat... but I swear it looked like a skinny dog.. grosssssss..
abbey

Post by abbey »

lesley wrote: whats your definition of a werdo.....someone you dont think is like you...........
People that deviate from the norm... if i lived next to Cassies neighbours i'd be afraid..very afraid!! :eek:
Paula

Post by Paula »

My mother-in law & after 28 years, she is getting worst? Now i have to live the rest of my life with her son too. I am blessed aren't I? :mad:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Post by koan »

Tmbsgrl

For some reason this woman makes me think of the mother in Carrie.

Your lucky they moved before the pigs blood fell.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Tmbsgrl, Too Spooky......

Attached files
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I'm starting to think maybe I am the weirdest person you all know.

With all the wierd answers and questions you get it is not a big stretch of the imagination to understand why.
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: With all the wierd answers and questions you get it is not a big stretch of the imagination to understand why.

While I don't mind being "different" I am quite relieved from the stories I've heard here now that I am not a fruitcake after all. There is good weird and there is RUN AWAY weird.
rachelg

Post by rachelg »

Being a magnet for weird people, it is hard to decide who has been the weirdest of all. I think the reason I end up attracting weirdos is because I can't tell right off the bat if someone seems like an oddball. My whole family are artists and even two generations back, we have more artists, and they're all fairly eccentric. So, I have had two stalkers, one that followed me from my original state of Delaware and followed me to work daily for about 8 years. It was to the point that I left work out the fire escape to get a head start. The other one was not only a stalker but a chronic liar who talked to President Reagan daily about improving our place of employment. He was a millionaire(working at a bag printing plant), he had surgery sometimes more than once a week, etc. :wah: Then there was the fellow who came up to tell me what a bright aura I had... :-6
Jives

Post by Jives »

Ok, so I teach alternative kids....and they come from alternative families! So I guess I may be exposed to more slightly-off-the-beaten-path people than most.

I had a Parent / Teacher conference once with a little girl's mother because of excessive tardiness.

She shows up with the entire family in tow and they're all dressed in wizard's costumes. Even the little ones. You know...purple tall hats and stars and moons on the flowing robes? Right out of "A Sorcerer's Apprentice", I kid you not.

They inform me that their daughter and they are all "Wiccan" which is fine by me (It's a Witch religion) Then they inform me that she has been late every day because of the sacrificial time in the morning. (Ok, so I don't ask what they are sacrificing.) Unfortunately, I tell her that it is not OK with me if they are late to my class.

They become incensed and all stand up and begin chanting. The mother waves a wand in my direction and tells me that they have cursed me. I tell her that I drive an '88 beat -up Mazda pick-up and that means I am already cursed. The rest of the conference pretty much went downhill after that.

Another time, I was hiring a young , clean cut man for a position at one of the restaurants in my corporation. He had the credentials, and the talent. I was just about to give him the job and was showing him around the shop. When I got to the big freezers, He remarks off-handedly, "You could get a couple of dead bodies in there pretty easily."

I was taken aback, but I though it was a joke so I let it go. Then he tells me, "By the Way, I will need a longer break than everyone else, because I am a vampire and it takes longer to digest blood." I look at him and realize he is deadly serious. "So i tell him, "Sorry man, I can't hire you."

He tells me, "Is it because I'm a vampire? That's my religion and you can't discriminate against me on those grounds!" He's pretty upset and I can tell this conversation has happened before.

I'm thinking that as screwed up as the legal system is, it's entirely possible he could actually win a case like that. So instead I tell him, "No, I have no problem with vampires. Some of my best friends are vampires. But if I hire you the other guys in the crew will have you out back behind the dumpster by the end of the day and beat the heck out of you."

He gave me a funny look and walked out. Sheesh!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

:) I'm quite worried I'm probably one of the weirdest people I know right now lol Not fair I need some interesting characters....I used to have them but somehow we all grew up and went seperate ways. My old youth club was full of characters. There were two groups the hip hop gang, downstairs and the metal lot (me included) upstairs. There was a total queen fan used to run round singing and performing all the time..actually he was quite cool...the girl that used to suddenly dumb down the minute a boy walked into the room and me the quiet one who used to watch and listen laugh and be there when the big characters took a dive and needed someone to talk to. I look back and think the way we were people used to think the whole bunch of us were freeks . One day we went to town and the security people went absolutely nuts following us around John Menzies until one of our merry band went straight up to one and said...we're odd we're not thieves ...the look on his face lol Ive never seen someone leave a shop so fast lol

Oh and I don't need an extra long lunchbreak...vegetarian vampire:)
Blessed be.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I'm not sure if this falls under the "weird" or just plain "sick" category, but here goes anyway:

There's a guy in an affiliated club tagged "Castro." Castro will eat anything. And when I say anything, I don't mean just weird food. He will eat A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Once, he was riding with a pack and the whole group got pulled over. Castro was talking to the cop and there was a spider on the cops car. Castro asked if they would all be let go if he ate the spider. Crazy bastard snagged the spider and ate it. He's eaten Drano, (bled out of every orifice in his body) he even had a probationary member once who he dared to take a bite of a cow-pie. When the probie wouldn't do it, Castro, of course, took a huge bite.

Yet another time, he had a dude come up to him with a toad he'd found. Castro took the toad and bit it clean in half, chewing and swallowing the half he bit off.

Weird, or sick? Probably both, huh? :-2
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

mrsK wrote: Probably myself.People say I am always thinking outside the square,if that makes me different I don't mind a bit:-6 :-6
cool I know someone weird again thanks MrsK

BabyRider wrote:

Yet another time, he had a dude come up to him with a toad he'd found. Castro took the toad and bit it clean in half, chewing and swallowing the half he bit off.

Weird, or sick? Probably both, huh? yeah that's both lol
Blessed be.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Can't say I've met anyone truly wierd yet in my lifetime, but I've seen a fair bunch on the tv. Some of them seriously need some help, because they are nuts!!!
BruiserKC

Post by BruiserKC »

tmbsgrl wrote: The Wierdest person that i have ever met was this woman that lived down the steet from us. She was nutty! She used to tell us that the Devil lived with her and her kids, ( she believed in GOD but she couldn't get the Devil to go away.) She said that he tried to have Sex with her 2 times. One time she heard Tim's brother call her psychotic and she flipped out. She scared the crap out of me! I almost started to cry. If you made eye contact with her you got this burning feeling inside you that gave you the creeps. She made my niece neal by a fake tree and pray to god. She held this girl down by head. My niece said she has unbelievable strangth. She tried so hard to get up but she couldn't Her kids were normal but she was WAY out there! One night my whole family snuk over there to see what she was doing. She was in the backyard talking to someone about what she was going to do our family. She was saying things like she was going to have the Devil put all kinds of curses on us.. We were so quiet but when we were looking through a hole in the fence she looked at us like she knew we were there. Then she started talking in some Wierd language as she was starring at us through the hole. We took off, ran in the house and locked the doors. We heard from her once since then.. She moved off the street. Every now & then we see her in the stores and she just stares at us. If we pass her she stops and turn her head. CREEPY!:eek:

You handled her much better than I would have. That woman put her hand on my niece she'd wish the Devil would rescue her. :mad:

Weirdest guy I know...I'm a supervisor for call monitoring at a local bank's collection agency. One of my employees wears sunglasses indoors all the time, can talk in great detail about art, etc. One afternoon he and I are outside on break and he says to me, "Thirty-five."

I say, "35?"

He said, "That's the number of oil changes this truck I want to buy has had according to the owner. 35."

That's all we heard from him the rest of the day.
alobar51

Post by alobar51 »

koan;8208 wrote: I meet weird people so often its hard to think of them as weird anymore. The latest is a psychic drywaller. He told me a few of his psychic friends who, along with him, did work with the police and government, were all killed by a woman who overdosed them with heroine and made them look like drug user accidents. He claims to be on the run now...hope I didn't blow his cover! He is weird because he is a successful business owner not some quack on a street corner. And he doesn't seem schizophrenic...I've known a few and its not the same.

I get a kick out of him anyway and he laughs at all my jokes so its a good relationship.

What breed of people make you go hmmmmm?

The word weird has a negative connotation, so I hesitate to use it. But I do draw an eclectic form of energy to me, as much by design as by chance. I put out a pretty eclectic energy, so that will tend to come back to me, which is what I want. Yes, there will be a lot of flotsam, but you have to simply recognize that for what it is, and move on. This is where the really instructive stuff will be, however, not in the mainstream.

I'm not sure what to make of your drywall guy. I'd probably try to go to the church in question and observe for myself, and draw my own conclusions.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

I hope that this doesn't break Forum Rule 1.5, but I met a paedophile in a backpackers in Sydney once.

He weirded me out a bit.

He was in a bit of trouble with the gangs that he used to derive income from (I assumed at the time this involved drugs of some kind), and I was tired, so I let him talk without speaking my judgements.

He spoke for a while about the events that led to his cutting off from the last gang, which he had an unusual angle on. A woman (with the gang) had found her three year old having sex with another boy. (The generalisation of which the guy thought was "cute"). The bloke claimed innocence of showing either boy anything, but had shown another in their peer-group something.

He confessed the knowledge may have propagated through the peer group in a process he described as something he'd done had "opened ... like a flower".

And this is struck me several times during our conversation, (in which I mostly listened). The fellow had no sense at all that anything he was doing could have negative social and psychological consequences later in the lives of his victims. And I would have to guess that someone would have tried to explain that there are before he spoke to me. (And I should have reiterated that to him as well, but I didn't).

I've encountered a similar mind set on the web since then. I wonder if its universal amongst paedophiles. I've certainly read that remorse is rarer than you'd hope.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

alobar51;467274 wrote: I'm not sure what to make of your drywall guy. I'd probably try to go to the church in question and observe for myself, and draw my own conclusions.

My diagnosis is paranoid schizophrenia.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

the weirdest person i met had to be andrew dice clay. very rude comedian.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Wombat, your tale takes the cake, I'm afraid. I only wish you had throttled the guy. Ever heard of NAMBLA? They see no wrong in "deflowering" children. Uggh!! I'm grossed out!

Okay here's my tale.

I once became "fast friends" with a very strange woman. At first this was an attraction as I often like weird and generally side with the underdogs but this would be an exception soon.

Her name was Karen and she was agoraphobic- afraid to leave her house. I could deal with that, we all have issues. She tried to help me with my animal rescue but it was too hard for her to leave home so that fizzled. She would send me crazy nonsensical emails about God knows what as I sure didn't and her phonecalls were worse.

She invited me to spend the weekend with her (she lived at the other end of the valley) so I accepted. I brought my sleeping bag and pillow and some soda. We ordered in food. I was eating mine when I saw her go to the silverware drawer, get out a fork and proceed to sit on the couch, scratching the bottom of her foot with the fork. Then she walked back into the kitchen and *put the fork back in the drawer!* That was flag #1.

We were talking and suddenly she told me to hush because her favorite program was on. We spent an hour in silence. Flag #2.

Then we took her dogs for a "bye-bye" as she calls them. For a ride and romp out in the desert. Thatw as okay enough until I asked if the dogs were going to fall out of the van as they were riding right on the edge of the missing door. She got indignant that I thought she'd put her dogs in danger.

That night she did laundry and I witnessed some very strange mental behavior. She decided the next day we were going to buy paint and paint up her van with all kinds of sayings and stuff. Then we were going to make ourselves t-shirts with the saying "Homie Don't Suck @ss!" (sorry but true) With a clown on them.

I was starting to doubt my usual good judgement of character by now.

That night I slept in my bag on the floor. When I woke up, I couldn't move and was very hot. I looked to see a Rottweiler at my side, one dog curled up between my feet, another dog at my other side and what was that awful snorking sound above my head??? Her giant potbellied pig!! :-2

I said "Help...!" I was afraid to move as I didn't know these animals too well.

I got a shower and was curling my hair when she came in and said that for being fat, I was cute and dressed well, and that my guy at the time must have thought I was his "little butterball." :-2 Geez.

Then I left. I had a dog issue to handle and couldn't return that night. She called and asked me some innocuous thing that required me to fib in order to spare her feelings. When she found I had fibbed, she got pissed at me for lying and said she couldn't be my friend if I wasn't totally honest. Just that morning she was telling me we should get matching tattoos!! :-2 So I went out to collect my stuff and she met me at the driveway with it in hand and said goodbye. That was that. Weirdest person I ever met.

Beware fast friends.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Our former across the street neighbors had to win the wierdness award for our neighborhood.

My husband used to call them the aliens.

The wife took the cake. Whenever we would come or go, you would see her peeking out her curtains at us. It was so obvious, we would always wave at her..and of course then she would move away from the window.

One day, it had snowed about six inches while we were at work. The husband had already shoveled thier driveway..so I went across to ask if I could put my car in thier drive, just till I got my drive shoveled. Our streets are very narrow..made even moreso when there is snow. I was told no I could not..because I may get snow on thier driveway. The husband would always park thier car lengthwise across the very end of thier drive..so that the plows would not posh snow onto thier driveway.

Once, several years back, the wife came to me and complained because a friend of a house mate I had (before Rick came into picture) turned around in thier drive way. That is it...just pulled in a bit and turned around.

I could go on..but you get the picture.
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Twenty years ago I lived next door to a woman who was an exhibitionist. She was very nice and seemed quite 'normal' when I would meet her on the stairs, but she put on quite a show on her balcony when the evenings were warm.

I miss her.

This is really the most pleasant "weirdness" I can recall.
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Perhaps my prior post wasn't quite fitting for Magic & Mystery. Not really mysterious I suppose, but the experiences were magical for me!
koan

Post by koan »

I buy it.

A lot of weird and magical stuff can happen when at least one person is naked. :D
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Thank you! I feel vindicated!

Actually she was quite a mystery, in that apparently she separated and compartmentalized her behavior so neatly. Or seemed to. We never advanced beyond "Hello", much as I enjoyed watching and she enjoyed showing off. You'd think an exhibitionist and a voyeur would find more in common!

Reminds me of a joke: Why do relationships between sadists and masochists never work?

Because the masochist emplores "Whip me! Beat me!", and the sadist sneers and says "No!".
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Pinky: I would say there's no more prone a venue for weirdness than a pub (bar, tavern, yadayada) full of people on the make. Boy, I don't miss the singles bar scene. The worst.

Return to “Magic Mystery”