The Passion of the Cruise

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Tom talks frankly for the first time about why Scientology is "the ****, man"

An interesting read. Comments?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story? ... 6.0.11.847
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
illuminati

Post by illuminati »

I liked this part:

On the surface, Cruise seems to be at a turning point in his life and career. Romantically, he is alone, having divorced Nicole Kidman after ten years and broken up with Penelope Cruz after three. And he recently left his longtime -- and notoriously overprotective -- publicist, Pat Kingsley, preferring representation by his family.

What kind of turning point is that? Good or bad?
illuminati

Post by illuminati »

Oh! Here is a great website. I'm sure Cruise would point the finger at this guy and yell: "**** You, Too!"

http://www.xenu-city.net/intro.html

At least gives another perspective. (Maybe a little more based in reality.)
illuminati

Post by illuminati »

plazul wrote: There were quite a few Scientologists in the community where I used to live and every so often one would try to recruit me with the promise that I would become "clear." The last time it happened I listened to the guy's lecture and when he was through I said, Wow, that's really interesting. But you know, I never knew that L Ron Hubbard is really a woman. He just stared at me for a few seconds and said, "He is?" Sucker. Scientology scares me.

:D Funny!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

plazul wrote: There were quite a few Scientologists in the community where I used to live and every so often one would try to recruit me with the promise that I would become "clear." The last time it happened I listened to the guy's lecture and when he was through I said, Wow, that's really interesting. But you know, I never knew that L Ron Hubbard is really a woman. He just stared at me for a few seconds and said, "He is?" Sucker. Scientology scares me.

I haven't seen or heard from a Scientologist since I was in college. The last joke I heard about them was that you needed to be pretty wealthy to join their "religion".

Founded by a science fiction writer. Very interesting....
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”