Comfort Zone

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

Does anyone like to take themselves out their comfort zone here... push yourself to do something out of the ordinary?

Phobias for example, the best way to beat your fear can be to actually face them. It could be anything from holding a tarantula to sky diving, can you imagine the adrenaline rush from conquering something that may be holding you back?

Mine would be having to speak in front of a group... always has been, so what have I done, started uni where I HAVE to talk in seminars, eventually I will have to do a presentation - yikes, pass me the valium now! :o
Nomad

Comfort Zone

Post by Nomad »

Yes.

Im attacking several things.

So far I havent died.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1148158 wrote: Yes.

Im attacking several things.

So far I havent died.

Thats good, care to share :-6
Nomad

Comfort Zone

Post by Nomad »

Betty Boop;1148159 wrote: Thats good, care to share :-6

Not being afraid to ask for what I need or want.

Being a leader.

Honing my 'presence' in job related tasks.

Undoing a lifetime of believing Im a worthless piece of ****.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1148162 wrote: Not being afraid to ask for what I need or want.

Being a leader.

Honing my 'presence' in job related tasks.

Undoing a lifetime of believing Im a worthless piece of ****.

Well done you, we've both changed since those first days huh, I'm proud of you Nomad and so pleased that you were my first friend here. Keep believing mate, you are a great guy! :-6:-4
Nomad

Comfort Zone

Post by Nomad »

Wow.

This is uncomfortable.

Ill have to disappear for awhile now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1148173 wrote: Wow.

This is uncomfortable.

Ill have to disappear for awhile now.

:wah::wah: thought you would...
Chezzie

Comfort Zone

Post by Chezzie »

Not much to be honest Betty.

Wish I was as brave as Nommie:wah:

Shall we rename this the Nomad Appreciation Thread:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

Chezzie;1148217 wrote: Not much to be honest Betty.

Wish I was as brave as Nommie:wah:

Shall we rename this the Nomad Appreciation Thread:yh_rotfl

You want to give it a try, it feels bad at first, but once you've conquered something it's great. :)

Look what I did though, I took him out of his comfort zone :sneaky: :yh_rotfl
Chezzie

Comfort Zone

Post by Chezzie »

Betty Boop;1148226 wrote: You want to give it a try, it feels bad at first, but once you've conquered something it's great. :)

Spiders and creepy crawlies are my worst fear....No BB I wont do it :-2
Odie

Comfort Zone

Post by Odie »

I won't go in a airplane, nope, won't do that and not gonna go in one to get over my fears..........enclosed places......not for Odie!

but you are right, the only way to get over fears and phobias is to face them.....worked for me years and years ago with thunderstorms.

worse part was when my shrink put headphones on me and I listened to several of them.:-5:-5

best part, going outside repeatedly in them, yup, got soaking wet, but it worked.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Comfort Zone

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Well, I've given public speeches and been on an airplane several times..........so these events are not outside my comfort zone. Driving solo in a large city.....I've done that as well. I will not parachute out of an airplane........that's for sure. ;)

I think if you want to attempt something new, just take a deep breath........and go for it. You may regret missing the chance.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Comfort Zone

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1148289 wrote: I won't go in a airplane, nope, won't do that and not gonna go in one to get over my fears..........enclosed places......not for Odie!

but you are right, the only way to get over fears and phobias is to face them.....worked for me years and years ago with thunderstorms.

And yet you will nuzzle right up to a tiger.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

Comfort Zone

Post by Hamster »

I spoke in front of 900 people once and that was the worst thing I could have imagined before that. Once I got over it I found my comfort zone kept moving. When you conquer something then the next thing seems so much bigger but you have so much more confidence to do it.
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Imladris

Comfort Zone

Post by Imladris »

Looking back I've done a lot of things that if you told me I was going to do them I'd have said no way! Sometimes you have no choice but to jump in or sometimes things just happen and you think why not?

When I started my first job I was sent on an outdoor pursuits training week, something I had never wanted to do, I was an unadventurous, quite shy 17 year old and initially I dreaded it. Then I thought what the heck, I've got to do it so I might as well pretend to enjoy it - then I really did enjoy it. I went caving, abseiling, climbing, sailing and had a whale of a time. That week taught me to just get on with things.

Still won't have anything to do with a daddy-long-legs though!! :wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
minks

Comfort Zone

Post by minks »

Betty Boop;1148226 wrote: You want to give it a try, it feels bad at first, but once you've conquered something it's great. :)

It certainly is,

I think my biggest step outside of my comfort zone was being on my own. Facing the fear of making it, providing for my daughter, making the major household and financial decisions... and now I am loving it. Boops your right alot of us have come a long way. I bet you can say the same as me.

My other comfort zone step... work ugh it's still not comfortable ahahahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Comfort Zone

Post by minks »

Odie;1148289 wrote: I won't go in a airplane, nope, won't do that and not gonna go in one to get over my fears..........enclosed places......not for Odie!

worse part was when my shrink put headphones on me and I listened to several of them.:-5:-5

best part, going outside repeatedly in them, yup, got soaking wet, but it worked.;)

Aw hun that is a shame, I remember feeling that way too I have had to fly all my life my parents forced me from an early age. I was always a wreck. In my 40s I went to the doctor, she told me my fear was an unreasonable fear, as in there was no cause for it as nothing traumatic happened to me to cause the fear and she gave me these little pills, they numbed my brain and she told me to use them as long as I needed.... well I am not a pill fan but tried them for a couple trips then one day I had to fly on a 12 hour trip and decided no more pills because I had my daughters with me and I had to have my wits with me. Well it worked I managed it was great. The next big flight I took was an 8 hour (the whole 8 hours in the plane this time) to the UK alone all by me self... it was LIBERATING and I am cured.

Faced my fear I did I did, that and going into a crowd alone, going to a strange place, meeting strange/new people all in one shot.

Again it was amazing.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Comfort Zone

Post by Betty Boop »

minks;1149374 wrote:

It certainly is,

I think my biggest step outside of my comfort zone was being on my own. Facing the fear of making it, providing for my daughter, making the major household and financial decisions... and now I am loving it. Boops your right alot of us have come a long way. I bet you can say the same as me.

My other comfort zone step... work ugh it's still not comfortable ahahahahahaha

We have all come a long way, uni is a huge place right outside my comfort zone, maybe after three years it won't feel so bad.

I've never been really worried about being alone, I'm comfortable with my own company, but I wouldn't want to be on my own forever.

I guess work and using my degree will be my next challenge on the list - cool!

Here's hoping that work becomes more comfortable soon Minks, you have another trip to England to fund :-6:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”