50 days!!!!!.....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have had builders in my house for what seems like a year now and apart from some painting, it's finally over.

I got all excited as the fun part comes in now....... shopping for new furnature.

We picked out two black leather sofa's that i'd wanted for ages and was told by this well known store that i have to wait up to 50 days for delivery dispite us paying them. ........ WHY??? That is just stupid. The new cabinets are going to take up to 30 days and i just don't get it especially in these economic times.

I just wish i knew this before i put my furnature in a skip. I now have nothing to sit on :-5:-5
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hamster

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by Hamster »

Yeah you would think they were doing you a favour by taking your money off you :thinking:
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Kindle

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by Kindle »

oscar;1149839 wrote: I have had builders in my house for what seems like a year now and apart from some painting, it's finally over.

I got all excited as the fun part comes in now....... shopping for new furnature.

We picked out two black leather sofa's that i'd wanted for ages and was told by this well known store that i have to wait up to 50 days for delivery dispite us paying them. ........ WHY??? That is just stupid. The new cabinets are going to take up to 30 days and i just don't get it especially in these economic times.

I just wish i knew this before i put my furnature in a skip. I now have nothing to sit on :-5:-5

Yes you do............... and you carry it with you! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
qsducks

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by qsducks »

I hope you saved your old furniture.:wah:
Oscar Namechange

50 days!!!!!.....

qsducks;1149867 wrote: I hope you saved your old furniture.:wah: No..... it's gone seriously. This is so not funny. I kept one armchair back because it was a recliner but all i got now is dining chairs. 50 days!!!!!!!!! That's just mad. There's a second hand furnature shop near me so i might have to go and get a sofa. I was expecting 2 days but not up to 50. :-5
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1149870 wrote: No..... it's gone seriously. This is so not funny. I kept one armchair back because it was a recliner but all i got now is dining chairs. 50 days!!!!!!!!! That's just mad. There's a second hand furnature shop near me so i might have to go and get a sofa. I was expecting 2 days but not up to 50. :-5

That's crazy! I can see two weeks but not 50 days. Have you threatened them with a vaccuum cleaner yet?:wah:
Oscar Namechange

50 days!!!!!.....

qsducks;1149872 wrote: That's crazy! I can see two weeks but not 50 days. Have you threatened them with a vaccuum cleaner yet?:wah: :wah: That's a good idea. I thought you just went into a store, paid for it and they delivered a few days later.
qsducks

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1149875 wrote: :wah: That's a good idea. I thought you just went into a store, paid for it and they delivered a few days later.

That's a normal store:wah:. Do you have an Ikea over there....you can take it with you.
Oscar Namechange

50 days!!!!!.....

qsducks;1149881 wrote: That's a normal store:wah:. Do you have an Ikea over there....you can take it with you. It is Ikea :wah::wah:
Nomad

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1149870 wrote: No..... it's gone seriously. This is so not funny. I kept one armchair back because it was a recliner but all i got now is dining chairs. 50 days!!!!!!!!! That's just mad. There's a second hand furnature shop near me so i might have to go and get a sofa. I was expecting 2 days but not up to 50. :-5

Go check the field. Maybe a chaise lounge fell from the sky last night.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1149883 wrote: It is Ikea :wah::wah:

And they wouldn't let you take the floor model? Wait, maybe Nomad sat in it so best to wait 50 days for a new one.:wah:
Oscar Namechange

50 days!!!!!.....

qsducks;1151204 wrote: And they wouldn't let you take the floor model? Wait, maybe Nomad sat in it so best to wait 50 days for a new one.:wah: :wah: I wouldn't want the floor model with common British people full of germs testing them and there was a strange stain on one so i think Nomad had sat on that one.

When you get the cabinets, you have to bloody build them yourself. :(

Ikea do have some fab furnature though.
qsducks

50 days!!!!!.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1151229 wrote: :wah: I wouldn't want the floor model with common British people full of germs testing them and there was a strange stain on one so i think Nomad had sat on that one.

When you get the cabinets, you have to bloody build them yourself. :(

Ikea do have some fab furnature though.

My daughter has their nice double bed with matching dresser & the boys have the steel bunk beds with the unmatching dresser:wah:. I have a hand me down coffee table...grrr, which keeps falling apart. Have to turn the screws all the time and knock the legs together on it.:mad:

Return to “General Chit Chat”