new bike

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... 1900Sg.jpg
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1161864 wrote: I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

No, but I do own a Mongoose:wah:
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

qsducks;1161866 wrote: No, but I do own a Mongoose:wah:

You should get better fuel mileage......:)
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1161868 wrote: You should get better fuel mileage......:)

We just took the training wheels off a year ago & pumped up the tires yesterday.:wah: No gas needed.
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

qsducks;1161872 wrote: We just took the training wheels off a year ago & pumped up the tires yesterday.:wah: No gas needed.

always need fuel even if it's a sandwich:wah:
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1161873 wrote: always need fuel even if it's a sandwich:wah:

The way he ate yesterday he could have taken off on a motorcycle.:wah: We don't own a motorcycle but where I live the weather is getting warmer & I can here the peeps who own them revving up.
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

qsducks;1161875 wrote: The way he ate yesterday he could have taken off on a motorcycle.:wah: We don't own a motorcycle but where I live the weather is getting warmer & I can here the peeps who own them revving up.

Still A bit cold here in fact we have snow on the ground this morning with 10cm on the way for tomorrow so it's no big deal that I will only receive this bike in May.
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1161877 wrote: Still A bit cold here in fact we have snow on the ground this morning with 10cm on the way for tomorrow so it's no big deal that I will only receive this bike in May.

No snow here in S.E. Pennsylvania anymore. Flowers are popping up. It was around 55F yesterday and sunny.:-6
Odie

new bike

Post by Odie »

fisher;1161864 wrote: I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

awesome bike!
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

new bike

Post by Peg »

Welcome back Fisher! Where the heck you been the last 5 months?
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1161985 wrote: Welcome back Fisher! Where the heck you been the last 5 months?

Riding on his other bike:wah:
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Peg;1161985 wrote: Welcome back Fisher! Where the heck you been the last 5 months?

Thanks peg. Been busy with the fishing season and house renovations. I do drop in from time to time and do a bit of reading. I will see if I can hang around a bit more....
minks

new bike

Post by minks »

Beauty bike ya got there young man.

Can't wait for a ride on it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

[QUOTE=minks;1162019]Beauty bike ya got there young man.

Can't wait for a ride on it.[/QUOT

Thanks Minks I am glad you like it. The rider seat will be waiting for you:)
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1162021 wrote: [QUOTE=minks;1162019]Beauty bike ya got there young man.

Your bike looks familiar as I think my neighbor down the road has one that looks exactly like it but its a Harley.
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

qsducks;1162024 wrote: [QUOTE=fisher;1162021]

Your bike looks familiar as I think my neighbor down the road has one that looks exactly like it but its a Harley.

The raider does resemble a Harley in a few ways with the raked out front end and low profile but not in the price....
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1162031 wrote: [QUOTE=qsducks;1162024]

The raider does resemble a Harley in a few ways with the raked out front end and low profile but not in the price....

Are Harley's more expensive?:thinking:
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

qsducks;1162034 wrote: [QUOTE=fisher;1162031]

Are Harley's more expensive?:thinking:

Yes they are more expensive and mostly cause of the name. This raider was put up against a Harley rocker for Handling, comfort, style Horsepower and torque and the Raider won hands down. The Rocker is priced around 6000 more that the Raider.
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1162041 wrote: [QUOTE=qsducks;1162034]

Yes they are more expensive and mostly cause of the name. This raider was put up against a Harley rocker for Handling, comfort, style Horsepower and torque and the Raider won hands down. The Rocker is priced around 6000 more that the Raider.

Makes sense when you compare cars, etc. The big name vs the other name.
minks

new bike

Post by minks »

fisher;1162021 wrote: [QUOTE=minks;1162019]Beauty bike ya got there young man.

sweet

― Mae West
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

[quote=fisher;1161864]I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

Oh dude ! DUUUUDE !

I love this bike.

I LUV THIS BIKE.

It fits me like a glove.

The styling is spectacular.

The pipes, those wheels, the laid back way it sits. Its a really aggressive look.

It looks like a RAIDER doesnt it ?

When do you get it ?

You have to be walking around with a perpetual h**d ** right ? (no reply necessary)

Blue black or red ?

Did they let you take it out ?

This Yamaha is water cooled right ?

Belt driven ?

1900 cc :-6 be careful that is some serious torque.

DUUUUUUDE !

Still A bit cold here in fact we have snow on the ground this morning with 10cm on the way for tomorrow so it's no big deal that I will only receive this bike in May.

May ?

May ???

Oh for Gods sake.

That is crushing me.

Ive been out 3 times. Theres still a little snow but weve had a couple of 55 60 deg days. Perfect weather.

May ? Oh maaan.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1162079 wrote: [quote=fisher;1161864]I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

Oh dude ! DUUUUDE !

I love this bike.

I LUV THIS BIKE.

It fits me like a glove.

The pipes, those wheels, the laid back way it sits. Its a really aggressive look.

When do you get it ?

You have to be walking around with a perpetual h**d ** right ? (no reply necessary)

Blue black or red ?

Belt driven ?

DUUUUUUDE !

You might want to add a third seat there Fisher. I think Nomi is jealous:wah:
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1162079 wrote: [quote=fisher;1161864]I have a new bike on order It's a 09 Yamaha Raider s 1900 cc. This a new design for Yamaha in 08 and is getting great reviews. Anybody in the Garden own one?

Oh dude ! DUUUUDE !

I love this bike.

I LUV THIS BIKE.

It fits me like a glove.

When do you get it ?

Blue black or red ?

Belt driven ?

DUUUUUUDE !

May ?

May ???

Oh for Gods sake.

Thats is crushing me.

Ive been out 3 times. Theres still a little snow but weve had a couple of 55 60 deg days. Perfect weather.

May ? Oh maaan.

Ya will only receive this bike in may had to order it. There was only one in Canada when I decided on this bike and the other dealer would not let my dealer have it. So mine is on it's way from Japan.

It is black and yes it is air cooled and belt driven and it is listed as 123.7 ft lbs of torque with 113 cubic inch wow I can't wait......
qsducks

new bike

Post by qsducks »

fisher;1162104 wrote: [QUOTE=Nomad;1162079]

Ya will only receive this bike in may had to order it. There was only one in Canada when I decided on this bike and the other dealer would not let my dealer have it. So mine is on it's way from Japan.

It is black and yes it is air cooled and belt driven and it is listed as 123.7 ft lbs of torque with 113 cubic inch wow I can't wait......

Make sure you drive down to my town and pick me up and we can go down the shore to visit Kathy Ellen.:wah:
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1162104 wrote: [quote=Nomad;1162079]

I could have sworn these were water cooled.

I hope you wear a helmet. Ive tried a few times without and it makes me uncomfortable.

Late last year I went to a full face helmet, Took a few rides to get accustomed to it but I did and feel much safer now.

I dont know why a dealer in Oregon or somewhere closer couldnt ship to you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
minks

new bike

Post by minks »

alright you 2 enough bragging I am jealous as hell.... Bad men bad bad bad.

― Mae West
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

[QUOTE=Nomad;1162130][quote=fisher;1162104]

I hope you wear a helmet. Ive tried a few times without and it makes me uncomfortable.

Late last year I went to a full face helmet, Took a few rides to get accustomed to it but I did and feel much safer now.

I dont know why a dealer in Oregon or somewhere closer couldnt ship to you.[/QUOT

Helmets are mandatory here in Canada and I always wear a full face. lots of redtape to go through getting a bike through the border. I would of looked into it if My dealer was unable to get me one.
minks

new bike

Post by minks »

fisher;1162176 wrote: [QUOTE=Nomad;1162130][quote=fisher;1162104]

I dont know why a dealer in Oregon or somewhere closer couldnt ship to you.[/QUOT

Helmets are mandatory here in Canada and I always wear a full face. lots of redtape to go through getting a bike through the border. I would of looked into it if My dealer was unable to get me one.

Why we love the NAFTA. pffft how sad is that.

You put a windshield on or no??

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

new bike

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Blaady 'ell that's a monster - I've only once owned a car with an engine that size :-)

Looks smart - I hope it bring you all the fun it promises and look like it should deliver.

I was out on my VFR this morning - good ride, just wish there were fewer tin cans getting in the way :-)
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

minks;1162199 wrote:

Why we love the NAFTA. pffft how sad is that.

You put a windshield on or no??

No I don't think I am I like the wind in my face and the bugs in my teeth :)
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1162205 wrote:

No I don't think I am I like the wind in my face and the bugs in my teeth :)

I dont think a windshield would look right on the raider. You could try a switchblade shorty though. Its what Ive got It blocks heavy freeway wind on the chest but its very low profile.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

new bike

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1162260 wrote:

I dont think a windshield would look right on the raider. You could try a switchblade shorty though. Its what Ive got It blocks heavy freeway wind on the chest but its very low profile.

If you sit leaning forward rather than lying back then the wind is not such a problem :p
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1162260 wrote: I dont think a windshield would look right on the raider. You could try a switchblade shorty though. Its what Ive got It blocks heavy freeway wind on the chest but its very low profile.

Thanks for the info I will keep that in mind.
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

“S” model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, etc. The Raider was inspired by the custom chopper movement, but since it’s a Star, it had to also handle, stop and go. With the addition of this machine, the Star line offers the most diverse line of custom V-twins on the planet.

The Raider S achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.2 gallons of gas.

Engine:

113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising. Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture. Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly. 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board. Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization. A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area behind the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling. Custom exhaust inspired, “down-swept” design, two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500-3500-rpm range. Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.

Chassis/Suspension:

All-aluminum frame is light, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style. Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style. A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as natural handling and straight-line cruisability: 34-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 40 degrees and 102mm of trail, while bringing the fork closer to the steering axis. Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star. 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance through 5.1 inches of wheel travel. A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads. New flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.1 gallons of fuel. Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back. Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength. Wiring harness uses lightweight AVSS wires, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.

Additional Features:

Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility. Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider S.Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics. Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.

Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.

Quality bike with some really nice features. The only thing I dont like is having the instrumentation on the gas tank. It looks nice but you have to keep taking your eyes off the road. Id rather see a speedo and tach on the handlebars. This one has a fuel gauge I believe. Thats always a plus and 176.4 give or take miles to a tank.

Im getting about 40 and usually fill up at 120-125 miles before I have to switch to auxillary.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1162456 wrote: “S” model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, engine covers, headlight housing, handlebar risers, etc. The Raider was inspired by the custom chopper movement, but since it’s a Star, it had to also handle, stop and go. With the addition of this machine, the Star line offers the most diverse line of custom V-twins on the planet.

The Raider S achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.2 gallons of gas.

Engine:

113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising. Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture. Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly. 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board. Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization. A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area behind the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling. Custom exhaust inspired, “down-swept” design, two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500-3500-rpm range. Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.

Chassis/Suspension:

All-aluminum frame is light, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style. Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style. A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as natural handling and straight-line cruisability: 34-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 40 degrees and 102mm of trail, while bringing the fork closer to the steering axis. Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star. 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance through 5.1 inches of wheel travel. A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads. New flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.1 gallons of fuel. Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back. Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength. Wiring harness uses lightweight AVSS wires, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.

Additional Features:

Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility. Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider S.Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics. Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.

Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.

Quality bike with some really nice features. The only thing I dont like is having the instrumentation on the gas tank. It looks nice but you have to keep taking your eyes off the road. Id rather see a speedo and tach on the handlebars. This one has a fuel gauge I believe. Thats always a plus and 176.4 give or take miles to a tank.

Im getting about 40 and usually fill up at 120-125 miles before I have to switch to auxillary.

I have read many reviews on this bike and the instrumentation on the gas take has been brought up before and also the mirrors shake a bit at 90km to 110 km. I am willing to put up with these minor inconvenience. there seems to be a lot more good than bad.
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1162476 wrote: I have read many reviews on this bike and the instrumentation on the gas take has been brought up before and also the mirrors shake a bit at 90km to 110 km. I am willing to put up with these minor inconvenience. there seems to be a lot more good than bad.

The tank is longer than mine so the instrumentation might be higher up so looking down might just be a quick glance of the eyes. I have to move my head but you get used to it.

Mirrors...maybe you could add a rubber gasket at the thread connections to damper vibration.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1162484 wrote: The tank is longer than mine so the instrumentation might be higher up so looking down might just be a quick glance of the eyes. I have to move my head but you get used to it.

Mirrors...maybe you could add a rubber gasket at the thread connections to damper vibration.

That is something to think about for sure.

I have a Virago now and the mirrors vibrate on it as well so I am use to it.

What do you have for a bike?
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1162488 wrote: That is something to think about for sure.

I have a Virago now and the mirrors vibrate on it as well so I am use to it.

What do you have for a bike?

Yamaha 1100

I AM AWESOME MAN
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1164282 wrote: Yamaha 1100

Very nice bike.....
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1164691 wrote: Very nice bike.....

Yea....:-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

new bike

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay I think both bikes suck to be honest. Sorry. Longer the bike shorter the penis.

now this is a bike.

2009 FIAT YAMAHA TEAM on-line presentation | YAMAHA MOTOR

these guys rock!!!!!!!!
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Well I finally got to sit on my new bike today and all I can say is WOW what a machine. They have to service it and inspect it and it should be ready to pick up tomorrow. I can't wait....
Bryn Mawr

new bike

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fisher;1181504 wrote: Well I finally got to sit on my new bike today and all I can say is WOW what a machine. They have to service it and inspect it and it should be ready to pick up tomorrow. I can't wait....

Don't go too far first time out - couple of hundred miles should do it :-6
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Well it's here and I love everything about this bike I put 180km on it so far and all I can say is awesome. Very easy to handle and comfortable to ride. I can't wait till it is broken in so I can check out the torque:)
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1182135 wrote: Well it's here and I love everything about this bike I put 180km on it so far and all I can say is awesome. Very easy to handle and comfortable to ride. I can't wait till it is broken in so I can check out the torque:)

Congrats. Im sure its everything you could want and more.

That was probably 1 long month eh ?

Be careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM AWESOME MAN
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Sure was a long Waite and now that I have it it's been raining for a week:( I managed to put 300 km so far was hoping to have a lot more that that o well next week looks good. The bike sure turns heads when I ride by :)
Nomad

new bike

Post by Nomad »

fisher;1186083 wrote: Sure was a long Waite and now that I have it it's been raining for a week:( I managed to put 300 km so far was hoping to have a lot more that that o well next week looks good. The bike sure turns heads when I ride by :)

You should put them in an arm lock and say whos asking the questions now. Just so they know you mean business.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Nomad;1187546 wrote: You should put them in an arm lock and say whos asking the questions now. Just so they know you mean business.

lol I may just do that.

Well the weather is getting better and only one week left of fishing than six months off. I will be putting a lot of miles on her than.:):)
Odie

new bike

Post by Odie »

fisher;1162104 wrote: [QUOTE=Nomad;1162079]

so where is your pic of you on the bike?:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
fisher

new bike

Post by fisher »

Odie;1192799 wrote: [QUOTE=fisher;1162104]

so where is your pic of you on the bike?:guitarist

I have a pic of the bike.

Attached files

Return to “Biker Forum”