Greatest All Around Album Of All Time ?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Uncle Kram;1162668 wrote: Recently I went to see my boyhood idol Paul Rodgers perform with Queen and they did a rendition of Bad Company. Alright Now was their only other nod to his back catalogue. :guitarist

Ok, and now I'm humming that song in my head:guitarist. You should hear what they insist on listening too, horrible Black Sabbath:lips:. Uggh!!!! I remember we were coming home from the shore & I had to go over a bridge, their was traffic backup & so I turned that cr*p off to listen to the news. Sweet revenge.:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

qsducks;1162676 wrote: You should hear what they insist on listening too, horrible Black Sabbath:lips:. Uggh!!!!Hey! Less of the disrespect for the God of Metal. The Oz-man's still as cool as it gets - hail Ozzy! I volunteered to be his first ever sacrifice, you know, but I had a cold on the day so he had to find a chicken instead.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

spot;1162686 wrote: Hey! Less of the disrespect for the God of Metal. The Oz-man's still as cool as it gets - hail Ozzy! I volunteered to be his first ever sacrifice, you know, but I had a cold on the day so he had to find a chicken instead.

No, he used a live bat didn't he?:sneaky: Have you seen their reality show?:wah: He sounds constantly stoned:wah:. Mumbo jumbo!:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

He graduated onto bats. My stand-in was a chicken. It was yellow all over and had feathers anyway. Canary, that's the word I couldn't remember. It was a canary.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

spot;1162691 wrote: He graduated onto bats. My stand-in was a chicken. It was yellow all over and had feathers anyway. Canary, that's the word I couldn't remember. It was a canary.

Still gross. Hey at least it wasn't a DUCK!!!!!:yh_rotfl
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Purple Rain > Prince

Remain in Light > Talking Heads

Classic Queen > Queen

Substance > New Order

101 - Depeche Mode

Anything by Abba

Very Best of ELO > Electric Light Orchestra

Theirs loads, I will be back tomorrow:sneaky:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Chezzie;1162710 wrote: Purple Rain > Prince

Classic Queen > Queen

Substance > New Order

101 - Depeche Mode

Anything by Abba

I'll take the Talking Heads anyday. Forget Abba:lips:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

[quote=Nomad;1162434]

I like everything Peter Gabriel has done except the stuff that went mainstream. Id love to see him live.

Uriah Heap....havent heard that for a long time.

Very 'eavy, Very 'umble - another brilliant album as were all of them until Wonderworld. After that I drifted away from the whole Heavy Metal scene.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Pink Floyd....WYWH or DSOTM or ....etc etc

Genesis....Selling England by the Pound ( Isnt that what Gordon's doing ? )

Elton John...Captain Fantastic

Black Sabbath.....Black Sabbath

Beatles.....today Revolver, tomorrow Abbey Road, yesterday The White Album

Radiohead....The Bends

Air....10,000 Hz Legend

Zero 7..... Simple Things

Red Jerry....Deep and Chilled Euphoria

Chicane.... Far from the Maddening Crowd

BT....ESCM

Ozric Tentacles..... Jurassic Shift

Dream Theatre....Six degrees of Inner turbulance

Led Zeppelin....Led Zeppelin IV

Molly Hatchett....Flirtin' with Disaster

Peter Frampton....Frampton comes Alive

Rush....2112

Queen....Queen I and II

Craig Armstrong....The Space Between Us

Steely Dan....Reelin' in the Years

Ulrich Schnauss....A Strangely Isolated Place

Conjure One.... Conjure One

Solarstone ....Anthology

Metallica....Metallica

T.Rex....Electric Warrior

The Isely Brothers....3+3

Alice Cooper...Billion Dollar Babies

I know. I know. I broke all the rules. I just cant pick just 3 albums. These are just a fraction of albums I couldnt bare to be without. Just to be pompous about it - the sound track of my life up to now
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Chezzie;1162710 wrote: Purple Rain > Prince

Classic Queen > Queen

Substance > New Order

101 - Depeche Mode

Anything by Abba

I live 5 minutes from Paisley Park, Princes recording studio. Its a magnificent building. He often invites audience members to the studio after concerts in small venues like 1st Ave downtown. Ive never been but I know some who have.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Oh god, how did I forget Steely Dan, I actually love the recent retrospective, "Showbiz Kids" what a bloody brilliant band. :guitarist
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1162816 wrote: Pink Floyd....WYWH or DSOTM or ....etc etc

Genesis....Selling England by the Pound ( Isnt that what Gordon's doing ? )

Elton John...Captain Fantastic

Black Sabbath.....Black Sabbath

Beatles.....today Revolver, tomorrow Abbey Road, yesterday The White Album

Radiohead....The Bends

Air....10,000 Hz Legend

Zero 7..... Simple Things

Red Jerry....Deep and Chilled Euphoria

Chicane.... Far from the Maddening Crowd

BT....ESCM

Ozric Tentacles..... Jurassic Shift

Dream Theatre....Six degrees of Inner turbulance

Led Zeppelin....Led Zeppelin IV

Molly Hatchett....Flirtin' with Disaster

Peter Frampton....Frampton comes Alive

Rush....2112

Queen....Queen I and II

Craig Armstrong....The Space Between Us

Steely Dan....Reelin' in the Years

Ulrich Schnauss....A Strangely Isolated Place

Conjure One.... Conjure One

Solarstone ....Anthology

Metallica....Metallica

T.Rex....Electric Warrior

The Isely Brothers....3+3

Alice Cooper...Billion Dollar Babies

I know. I know. I broke all the rules. I just cant pick just 3 albums. These are just a fraction of albums I couldnt bare to be without. Just to be pompous about it - the sound track of my life up to now
I have both of these,,, brilliant!!! The Elton John one is the only Elton Album i have,, its a great album:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1162816 wrote: Zero 7..... Simple ThingsZero 7..... Simple Things

I did try with Zero 7. I do, after all, have a lot of time for Isaac Hayes' Hot Buttered Soul and I think that's the closest comparison I can draw to Simple Things. And part of the attraction of Hot Buttered Soul is the production and the huge orchestral part. I know under what circumstances I'd play Isaac Hayes, I'm not sure what part of my life would get set aside for Zero 7 but I bet it would have to involve some strange company and evil intent on my part. As for Likufanele I was as surprised by it as when Paul Simon came out with Graceland. I think their style intrudes but then, it's their album, they can cut in elements from anywhere without being unduly kind to it. I don't think they did their source justice.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

spot;1163120 wrote: Zero 7..... Simple Things

I did try with Zero 7. I do, after all, have a lot of time for Isaac Hayes' Hot Buttered Soul and I think that's the closest comparison I can draw to Simple Things. And part of the attraction of Hot Buttered Soul is the production and the huge orchestral part. I know under what circumstances I'd play Isaac Hayes, I'm not sure what part of my life would get set aside for Zero 7 but I bet it would have to involve some strange company and evil intent on my part. As for Likufanele I was as surprised by it as when Paul Simon came out with Graceland. I think their style intrudes but then, it's their album, they can cut in elements from anywhere without being unduly kind to it. I don't think they did their source justice.

I love that song Graceland and turn it way up in the car:wah:...drives the kids nuts:wah:. Also, forgot about Steely Dan, the Doobie Brothers and the Allman Bros.

I detest Amy Winehouse:lips:
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Galbally;1163038 wrote: Oh god, how did I forget Steely Dan, I actually love the recent retrospective, "Showbiz Kids" what a bloody brilliant band. :guitarist

Who is that Gaucho amigo?

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Nomad;1162976 wrote: I live 5 minutes from Paisley Park, Princes recording studio. Its a magnificent building. He often invites audience members to the studio after concerts in small venues like 1st Ave downtown. Ive never been but I know some who have.

A boyfriend of mine worked for a recording studio in London and was given Prince tickets and asked me to go but it meant a weekend in London with him and I was only 20 and shy so I said no :wah: Thats a huge regret now:thinking:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;1163234 wrote: A boyfriend of mine worked for a recording studio in London and was given Prince tickets and asked me to go but it meant a weekend in London with him and I was only 20 and shy so I said no :wah: Thats a huge regret now:thinking:

you were shy at 20!!!! omg you mssed so much:guitarist:guitarist:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Chezzie;1163234 wrote: A boyfriend of mine worked for a recording studio in London and was given Prince tickets and asked me to go but it meant a weekend in London with him and I was only 20 and shy so I said no :wah: Thats a huge regret now:thinking:
I've been onstage with him at rehearsals for Sign of the Times. Oh sorry....was that me namedropping again :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Uncle Kram;1163266 wrote: I've been onstage with him at rehearsals for Sign of the Times. Oh sorry....was that me namedropping again :D

Our Hard Rock Cafe has his purple rain frilly thing. He must be about as big as Tom Thumb.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Uncle Kram;1163266 wrote: I've been onstage with him at rehearsals for Sign of the Times. Oh sorry....was that me namedropping again :D

Yes but it makes interesting reading so carry on:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

you were shy?:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”