whats wrong with me?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Betty Boop

whats wrong with me?

Post by Betty Boop »

mindindistress;1159566 wrote: so all i have to say is that joe has impeccable timing. havent talked to him since the day before my husband found everything out. have been strong and realizing it is an obsession and talking myself out of thinking about him and working on making the feelings disappear. and as i sit here at work today minding my own business i get a text! yeah..... it said "hi?" all i want to do is punch him you know. i just get to a point where im starting to be able to control my thoughts about him then boom right back in my mind. i know this is crazy. it is so hard to fight these urges i want to talk to him so bad and feed the desire, then i have to stop myself go back to the conversation i had with my husband and remember the promises i made and that we are going to get through this. it is just so hard to keep telling myself that these feelings for joe arent real and it was an obsession, because the feel pretty damn real!!!!!! advice??????

You need to make a decision on what you REALLY want, Joe or your husband. If you didn't want Joe you would block him from your cellphone, he pops up when he does because you allow him to. If you were fully committed to your promises you have made to your husband that text message would not affect you at all, you'd just hit delete and forget about it.
Patsy Warnick

whats wrong with me?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

My Dear you & I have talked in length.....

Betty is right and I'm surprised the blocks haven't been applied.?

Your making this harder on yourself.

You say you & your husband have talked?? You two haven't discussed & worked out Husbands infidelity & child..

How committed is your Husband? is it " Ya Ya we'll work on it " and another day goes by..... and on with playing house?

or

is Husband attentive to your needs - and both talk openly on issues on a regular basis? open to counseling? works with you on issues? & visa versa?

I hope you've thought about points I've brought up in our chats & here.

because you fell In-Love with this Joe - otherwise.??

By now things should be getting a little easier for you - because you & your husband are In-Love right.??

Patsy
Betty Boop

whats wrong with me?

Post by Betty Boop »

mindindistress;1162206 wrote: just an update to my madness......6 days "joe" free and counting..................:)

If you were really free you wouldn't be counting the days.... :)
Odie

whats wrong with me?

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1162210 wrote: If you were really free you wouldn't be counting the days.... :)

not really, its hard saying goodbye to someone.
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

whats wrong with me?

Post by Odie »

mindindistress;1162536 wrote: thanks odie.........

:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
laneybug

whats wrong with me?

Post by laneybug »

Yeah.

Well.

I think it's a bad idea to try to "give it a go."

Do you really want your children growing up learning that love is being with someone you don't really want to be with and daydreaming about someone else? Do you want your little girls to develop relationships like the one you're in and be hurting all the time?

Guaranteed that's what will happen.

Seen it again and again.

I don't like Dr. Phil, but he's so right when he says, "It's better for children to come from a broken home than to live in one."

I honestly don't give a flying crap about your guilt or your feelings or whether or not you're a whore or how much you've muddled up your life. That's just the blunt truth of the matter. Your counselor is there to lead you through all that, not anyone from the internet.

But I do care about those young girls, like so many other young girls, who are being set up to fail by their very own parents. And that, to me, is the true outrage here.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”