I told on someone....

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

:-5

I have labored over this for 24 hours and finally yesterday I had to file a complaint (yeah bloody again) against another co-worker.

While haveing a serious work conversation with one of my co-workers a second co-worker whom we shall call "donkey" joined us and deliberately sidled up to me and engulfed me in a bear hug and said "hey baby how's your day going" I promptly slapped his arms off me, took a swinging kick at him and told him to get lost. Then tried my best to carry on my conversation. When I was done I went back to my area to work. Shortly after "donkey" came into my area and said "I am sorry I offended you everybody is so serious today" and I simply stated "I was having a very serious conversation and yeah you made me mad" . Donkey then left.

I took a day to weigh the seriousness of this idiots behavior and went to my supervisor and asked that he speak to "donkey" because I was tired of him making me uncomfortable. I simply asked that he be told to stop.

The reason this was reported was because it was not the first stupid thing this idiot has done/said to myself and the other girls. He has yelled across our shop to me "I still think you are sexy", "Good morning/afternoon sexy" to all 3 of us girls. And just won't stop with the sexual overtones.

I am a problem solver, I never make myself the victim, and I can take a joke, and I can work with men. I do NOT invite this kind of behavior in the work place it's wrong. I can laugh most things off but I had reached my limit.

I have also been told by some of my other co-workers that this guys comments and actions offend them.... these other co-workers... are males, they have told us girls repeatedly to report Donkey. My shop is 95% male and believe me I don't have this problem with any of the other guys there.

What bothers me is that fine fine line.... for the first while you can just laugh it off and if you don't let the person know you are offended is that like inviting repeated incidents?

I am not a princess, or prude, I have a grand sense of humor I can get as down and dirty as the best of them with humor but my limits were pushed too far. I only seek an end to it.

�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1165125 wrote: :-5

I have labored over this for 24 hours and finally yesterday I had to file a complaint (yeah bloody again) against another co-worker.

While haveing a serious work conversation with one of my co-workers a second co-worker whom we shall call "donkey" joined us and deliberately sidled up to me and engulfed me in a bear hug and said "hey baby how's your day going" I promptly slapped his arms off me, took a swinging kick at him and told him to get lost. Then tried my best to carry on my conversation. When I was done I went back to my area to work. Shortly after "donkey" came into my area and said "I am sorry I offended you everybody is so serious today" and I simply stated "I was having a very serious conversation and yeah you made me mad" . Donkey then left.

I took a day to weigh the seriousness of this idiots behavior and went to my supervisor and asked that he speak to "donkey" because I was tired of him making me uncomfortable. I simply asked that he be told to stop.

The reason this was reported was because it was not the first stupid thing this idiot has done/said to myself and the other girls. He has yelled across our shop to me "I still think you are sexy", "Good morning/afternoon sexy" to all 3 of us girls. And just won't stop with the sexual overtones.

I am a problem solver, I never make myself the victim, and I can take a joke, and I can work with men. I do NOT invite this kind of behavior in the work place it's wrong. I can laugh most things off but I had reached my limit.

I have also been told by some of my other co-workers that this guys comments and actions offend them.... these other co-workers... are males, they have told us girls repeatedly to report Donkey. My shop is 95% male and believe me I don't have this problem with any of the other guys there.

What bothers me is that fine fine line.... for the first while you can just laugh it off and if you don't let the person know you are offended is that like inviting repeated incidents?

I am not a princess, or prude, I have a grand sense of humor I can get as down and dirty as the best of them with humor but my limits were pushed too far. I only seek an end to it.

I just hope everyone in your shop lines up behind you and points the finger at this sexist basterd and I hope your boss lines Donkey up against the wall.:-5
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1165129 wrote: I just hope everyone in your shop lines up behind you and points the finger at this sexist basterd and I hope your boss lines Donkey up against the wall.:-5

Thanks Duck, I know the donkey irritates many of my co-workers and as I said I am not the grand tattle tale or a wimp I only want an end to his stupid behavior. I am hugely supported at work as I have already been through a bout of harassment there and I took the doormat approach. After that guy was let go, the truths started to come out and many of my co-workers were appauled that it was allowed to happen. I was pushed by some of my co-workers to report the guy, they knew the past and they honestly care about us girls.

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1165132 wrote: Thanks Duck, I know the donkey irritates many of my co-workers and as I said I am not the grand tattle tale or a wimp I only want an end to his stupid behavior. I am hugely supported at work as I have already been through a bout of harassment there and I took the doormat approach. After that guy was let go, the truths started to come out and many of my co-workers were appauled that it was allowed to happen. I was pushed by some of my co-workers to report the guy, they knew the past and they honestly care about us girls.

The thought going through my mind at the mo. is "what pleasure does he get out of harrassing others and do peeps laugh at his stupidity"? If your supervisor doesn't see it, you should record it....does he send emails to peeps in your office that are sexist, racist, etc.? Record everything.
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1165135 wrote: The thought going through my mind at the mo. is "what pleasure does he get out of harrassing others and do peeps laugh at his stupidity"? If your supervisor doesn't see it, you should record it....does he send emails to peeps in your office that are sexist, racist, etc.? Record everything.

get this he send pics to us 2 girls of his face photo shopped onto that awful Burt Renylds pose (do you remember that pose) he did a nude of his self lying on his side it was not so great he is a hairy guy ahahahaha but anyways 2 of us girls got that pic emailed to us.

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1165139 wrote: get this he send pics to us 2 girls of his face photo shopped onto that awful Burt Renylds pose (do you remember that pose) he did a nude of his self lying on his side it was not so great he is a hairy guy ahahahaha but anyways 2 of us girls got that pic emailed to us.

OMG! This guy is a total pig! You did save it didn't you? disgusting is the only thing coming to my mind. I was harrassed years ago at a construction company as a secretary...I finally left and they then tried to deny me unemployment comps. I fought them & won and it was a WOMAN who tried to lie about me....it was awful. The boss (a guy) let me have the comps.:-5
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1165143 wrote: OMG! This guy is a total pig! You did save it didn't you? disgusting is the only thing coming to my mind. I was harrassed years ago at a construction company as a secretary...I finally left and they then tried to deny me unemployment comps. I fought them & won and it was a WOMAN who tried to lie about me....it was awful. The boss (a guy) let me have the comps.:-5

Oh Ducks then you so get where I am coming from. When I was 20 I worked for a guy at a mens hair salon and he pulled the harassment stunt on me and back then it was his word against mine and basically he told me he could ruin me as I knew was right because he was very prominent in the upper crust society of this city. I quite simply had to quit my job and vanish from that circle. IT was humiliating and degrading to know he had that power but 20+ years ago, women just had to "suck it up" I on the other hand understand the fine line of it to, because many people either cry wolf, or cry at the slightest implication and almost abuse their rights. Tough to figure out when to make the report. Believe me it wasn't easy to go to my spv.

― Mae West
chonsigirl

I told on someone....

Post by chonsigirl »

I think you did the right thing, minks. Not an easy thing to do, but you and the other ladies will be glad that there will be an end to his comments, gestures, and *yuch* photos. Very unprofessional, and not to be tolerated these days.
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

chonsigirl;1165154 wrote: I think you did the right thing, minks. Not an easy thing to do, but you and the other ladies will be glad that there will be an end to his comments, gestures, and *yuch* photos. Very unprofessional, and not to be tolerated these days.

Thanks Chonsi, I agree, we should have the right to be treated respectfully.

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1165159 wrote: Thanks Chonsi, I agree, we should have the right to be treated respectfully.

You are there to do your job and not have to put up with this crap. I had to deal with a woman who insisted that we the secretary's kiss her ass constantly. Gawd, she was awful. I didn't get harrassed by the guys, it was the woman who was a friend of the boss.:mad: She would constantly harrass us about makeup and what was not appropriate to wear to the office, or other stupid stuff. It didn't matter that we the secretary's would dress up in our finest outfits of the day, she always found something to bitch about. She wanted us to wear outfits that were a little more "revealing" meaning that other contractors who came to the office would be willing to hire the company to do whatever. That job lasted 6 months.:mad: I guess in her book appropriate meant "dress like a slut".:-5
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1165165 wrote: You are there to do your job and not have to put up with this crap. I had to deal with a woman who insisted that we the secretary's kiss her ass constantly. Gawd, she was awful. I didn't get harrassed by the guys, it was the woman who was a friend of the boss.:mad: She would constantly harrass us about makeup and what was not appropriate to wear to the office, or other stupid stuff. It didn't matter that we the secretary's would dress up in our finest outfits of the day, she always found something to bitch about. She wanted us to wear outfits that were a little more "revealing" meaning that other contractors who came to the office would be willing to hire the company to do whatever. That job lasted 6 months.:mad: I guess in her book appropriate meant "dress like a slut".:-5

Oh Ducks good on you for getting the heck out of there. Crikey ya don't use your body to sell your services unless your name is Pro-stitute.

What a cow and what a crap way of getting ahead. I would have zero respect for a woman who behaves like that. Sadly they exist. UGH pity they stoop to such degradation.

― Mae West
Clint

I told on someone....

Post by Clint »

Thank you for being strong and taking action. You will be better off for it, the workplace will be better and so will the world. :yh_worshp. The longer it's allowed to go on the harder it is to do something about it.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

Clint;1165174 wrote: Thank you for being strong and taking action. You will be better off for it, the workplace will be better and so will the world. :yh_worshp. The longer it's allowed to go on the harder it is to do something about it.

Thank you Clint I appreciate a male perspective in this. It was tough to do as I worried I would have been perceived as "the weaker sex" in many ways.

― Mae West
CARLA

I told on someone....

Post by CARLA »

Mink this alone is ground for termination if done on company time on company equipment. Report this as well bad behavior is one thing and as you know takes time to document and resloved. Breaking company policy is immediate grounds for bye bye donkey man you screwed up.

[QUOTE]get this he send pics to us 2 girls of his face photo shopped onto that awful Burt Renylds pose (do you remember that pose) he did a nude of his self lying on his side it was not so great he is a hairy guy ahahahaha but anyways 2 of us girls got that pic emailed to us.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1165171 wrote: Oh Ducks good on you for getting the heck out of there. Crikey ya don't use your body to sell your services unless your name is Pro-stitute.

What a cow and what a crap way of getting ahead. I would have zero respect for a woman who behaves like that. Sadly they exist. UGH pity they stoop to such degradation.

I found out years later that the boss had fired her. She was actually a friend of the boss's dad who thought she "was great". She didn't even work in the office for christsakes! She would come in the office and give her "opinions" to the boss. What a bitch she was!:mad: I think she's dead now....good, go rot in hell woman!
Odie

I told on someone....

Post by Odie »

minks;1165139 wrote: get this he send pics to us 2 girls of his face photo shopped onto that awful Burt Renylds pose (do you remember that pose) he did a nude of his self lying on his side it was not so great he is a hairy guy ahahahaha but anyways 2 of us girls got that pic emailed to us.

Minks, after reading your first post and now this one.....it was definately time.

There is someone seriously wrong with this guy and it has to stop.

Hope you gave that pic to your boss also.

enough is enough!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Snowfire

I told on someone....

Post by Snowfire »

Absolutely on the button.

That behaviour is totally inapropriate, whether by verbal gestures or physical contact. Its absolutely right for you to report him. It makes me cringe that there are still people about who think thats acceptable.

Thing is, his brain is so wired up wrong, he probably thinks your a lesbian now. :rolleyes:
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

Snowfire;1165199 wrote: Absolutely on the button.

That behaviour is totally inapropriate, whether by verbal gestures or physical contact. Its absolutely right for you to report him. It makes me cringe that there are still people about who think thats acceptable.

Thing is, his brain is so wired up wrong, he probably thinks your a lesbian now. :rolleyes:

Which shouldn't even matter. Its still offensive gay or straight. Nobody should have to put up with this morons behavior. I hope they kick him to the curb.
Snowfire

I told on someone....

Post by Snowfire »

qsducks;1165219 wrote: Which shouldn't even matter. Its still offensive gay or straight. Nobody should have to put up with this morons behavior. I hope they kick him to the curb.

I think you misunderstood my post. I find his attitude abhorrant and said so. I just added that his chauvenism will probably show him for what he is, yet again
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

Snowfire;1165223 wrote: I think you misunderstood my post. I find his attitude abhorrant and said so. I just added that his chauvenism will probably show him for what he is, yet again

Oh Snow, funny thing after the incident my co-worker and I came through the back door after lunch yesterday and I bumped into her and we nearly fell over laughing and she whipped around and grabbed me in a huge hug and we both just died laughing... yep the guys saw us...

Thanks guys for your support. I really hate issues to come to being "man vs woman" but when someone steps over the line the company has to be made aware it is a problem and perhaps if it were another female that maybe wasn't so tolerant they could have a law suit on their hands.

― Mae West
OpenMind

I told on someone....

Post by OpenMind »

Minks, I for one know that you are not a prude by any means.

Nonetheless, what that guy has been doing is sexual harassment irrespective of his intentions. I know that's how it would be described over here at any rate and that behaviour is illegal whether the company approves or not.

So, you've got my support over this weird creep.
G-man

I told on someone....

Post by G-man »

Good for you, Minks! That sort of behavior is NEVER appropriate at work and certainly not outside of work if it's not wanted.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

G-man;1165260 wrote: Good for you, Minks! That sort of behavior is NEVER appropriate at work and certainly not outside of work if it's not wanted.

Thanks OM and G, I appreciate that.

― Mae West
Odie

I told on someone....

Post by Odie »

you have everyone's support on this.....something has to be done...its gone on now way to long.....he should be fired for this inappropriate behavior in a work force.
OpenMind

I told on someone....

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1165297 wrote: you have everyone's support on this.....something has to be done...its gone on now way to long.....he should be fired for this inappropriate behavior in a work force.

Either that or headbutt him smack on the nose. Put a helmet on first so you don't get covered in blood.:sneaky:
SpiderLily

I told on someone....

Post by SpiderLily »

OpenMind;1165310 wrote: Either that or headbutt him smack on the nose. Put a helmet on first so you don't get covered in blood.:sneaky:

My vote is for the headbutt...either before or after they fire him. Doesn't matter! :mad:
Nomad

I told on someone....

Post by Nomad »

OpenMind;1165256 wrote: Minks, I for one know that you are not a prude by any means.

Whats that supposed to mean ?

Heavy subliminal overtones.

Really conjurs up some promiscuous images.

You are so in for it Mister !
I AM AWESOME MAN
OpenMind

I told on someone....

Post by OpenMind »

Nomad;1165475 wrote: Whats that supposed to mean ?

Heavy subliminal overtones.

Really conjurs up some promiscuous images.

You are so in for it Mister !

Minks. I'll hold him while you pour cold water over him.:D
Victoria

I told on someone....

Post by Victoria »

TBH this guy sounds like a sad loner to me.

Does he have well developed social skills or is it that he is truely unable to judge when he has crossed the 'fine line'?

Is he really just a pig or is he trying to be one of the lads and getting a bit OTT?

So fire him, put him on unemployment, ruin his health plan it wont improve his social skills it just passes the problem to someone else.
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

Victoria;1165499 wrote: TBH this guy sounds like a sad loner to me.

Does he have well developed social skills or is it that he is truely unable to judge when he has crossed the 'fine line'?

Is he really just a pig or is he trying to be one of the lads and getting a bit OTT?

So fire him, put him on unemployment, ruin his health plan it wont improve his social skills it just passes the problem to someone else.

I don't know his issue really, he certainly annoys a great many people here I think the is a "try hard"

Anyways he was spoken to this morning as he has issued an appology to me. I politely thanked him. I hope that will be the end of it.

again thanks all for making me feel like I didn't somehow ask for that kind of mauling.

― Mae West
Odie

I told on someone....

Post by Odie »

minks;1166213 wrote: I don't know his issue really, he certainly annoys a great many people here I think the is a "try hard"

Anyways he was spoken to this morning as he has issued an appology to me. I politely thanked him. I hope that will be the end of it.

again thanks all for making me feel like I didn't somehow ask for that kind of mauling.

glad that he did apologize.....even though he was told to.
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

OpenMind;1165494 wrote: Minks. I'll hold him while you pour cold water over him.:D

Waterboarding...what a great idea!:sneaky: He has to be naked of course.:sneaky:
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1166271 wrote: Waterboarding...what a great idea!:sneaky: He has to be naked of course.:sneaky:

ewwwwwww Ducky that is a gross image now.

Yeah Odie he came in looking like a whipped puppy and I am glad it is done with.

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1166294 wrote: ewwwwwww Ducky that is a gross image now.

Yeah Odie he came in looking like a whipped puppy and I am glad it is done with.

Whipped wuss is more like it.:wah: So, did the management fire him or not?
OpenMind

I told on someone....

Post by OpenMind »

minks;1166213 wrote: I don't know his issue really, he certainly annoys a great many people here I think the is a "try hard"

I sure hope that resolves it for you. Perhaps he really didn't realise what he was doing was wrong. You did the right thing, either way.
Odie

I told on someone....

Post by Odie »

minks;1166294 wrote: ewwwwwww Ducky that is a gross image now.

I'll bet he did!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

serves him right, you did good Minks!:-4
chonsigirl

I told on someone....

Post by chonsigirl »

Glad to hear it was taken care of minks. :)
minks

I told on someone....

Post by minks »

qsducks;1166313 wrote: Whipped wuss is more like it.:wah: So, did the management fire him or not?

rumor is he has one foot out the door already as management has received numerous other complaints about him.

― Mae West
qsducks

I told on someone....

Post by qsducks »

minks;1166874 wrote: rumor is he has one foot out the door already as management has received numerous other complaints about him.

Just a matter of time now.
Odie

I told on someone....

Post by Odie »

minks;1166874 wrote: rumor is he has one foot out the door already as management has received numerous other complaints about him.

especially in troubled times.....only a matter of time now.

Return to “Work Employment”