Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Several weeks ago, I put a thread on asking for idea's to convert my back yard. I liked the idea of a pond and some Koi Carp but all this talk of fox hunting has made me change my mind.

Besides, there will come a time when I am just too old to go rampaging through the countryside spraying obnoxious substances at fox hounds and threatening physical harm to the Gentry.

My years conditional discharge means i must not get into trouble until july so i have had to be carefull anyway.

While talking about this, my impending age and what to do with my back yard, I was asked 'Why don't you convert it to a cub nursery?. I have been on the phone all day and ...... I'm sold.

With Mr O's illness, it seems likely that i will not be able to return to the kind of work hours i am used to and i need another outlet while caring for him.

Thanks to a father who taught me to invest my money wisely, although extrememly boring when your 8 years old), Mr O and myself have some windfalls due in a couple of weeks. Although we do have to give Gordon brown some but we don't mind that on account of the wonderful job he does.

Firstly, the whole base has to come up to be tiled with gridding underneath to stop them pesky rats. Not, that i have rats, i hasten to add, but anywhere there is food, they show up.

I'm starting to get quotes tomorrow and as well for the housing. It's not a huge yard but at a push, i can get 6 units in there.

It will take a few months to complete and i have to register them etc etc but I am so looking forward to getting my first arrivals.

We will be setting up a web site once all the work is complete and have decided to call it 'Oscar Towers' Fox Rescue.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by spot »

The council will rest content? You can be certain they'll find out pretty quickly.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

spot;1159447 wrote: The council will rest content? You can be certain they'll find out pretty quickly. I don't know if you remember but i sat on council here for some years so i am hoping to pull a few strings.I certainly know the right people. However, there are guidelines providing the numbers are of a certain amount etc. I have a lot of work to do, paper wise, in the next few weeks. These will be orphaned cubs being released back into the wild so techincally, tey will not be full time residents. I believe there is a get out clause on that one. The Natioal Fox rescue will be helping me with as much as they can as well :)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by qsducks »

So you're on probation dear? And you didn't even do anything wrong.:mad:
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

qsducks;1159498 wrote: So you're on probation dear? And you didn't even do anything wrong.:mad: I got a years conditional discharge. The year is up in July and then i can mis-behave again :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1159502 wrote: I got a years conditional discharge. The year is up in July and then i can mis-behave again :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I hope it's July 2009:sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

qsducks;1159506 wrote: I hope it's July 2009:sneaky: Yes, I can mis-behave in a few months time :sneaky:
Daniyal

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1159442 wrote: Several weeks ago, I put a thread on asking for idea's to convert my back yard. I liked the idea of a pond and some Koi Carp but all this talk of fox hunting has made me change my mind.

Besides, there will come a time when I am just too old to go rampaging through the countryside spraying obnoxious substances at fox hounds and threatening physical harm to the Gentry.

My years conditional discharge means i must not get into trouble until july so i have had to be carefull anyway.

While talking about this, my impending age and what to do with my back yard, I was asked 'Why don't you convert it to a cub nursery?. I have been on the phone all day and ...... I'm sold.

With Mr O's illness, it seems likely that i will not be able to return to the kind of work hours i am used to and i need another outlet while caring for him.

Thanks to a father who taught me to invest my money wisely, although extrememly boring when your 8 years old), Mr O and myself have some windfalls due in a couple of weeks. Although we do have to give Gordon brown some but we don't mind that on account of the wonderful job he does.

Firstly, the whole base has to come up to be tiled with gridding underneath to stop them pesky rats. Not, that i have rats, i hasten to add, but anywhere there is food, they show up.

I'm starting to get quotes tomorrow and as well for the housing. It's not a huge yard but at a push, i can get 6 units in there.

It will take a few months to complete and i have to register them etc etc but I am so looking forward to getting my first arrivals.

We will be setting up a web site once all the work is complete and have decided to call it 'Oscar Towers' Fox Rescue.

Awwwwwwwwww:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Daniyal;1168019 wrote: Awwwwwwwwww:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
Thank you D. :)

Since posting this thread we have been doing more enquireys. It appears the council can not object as they will be orphaned cubs in tempory care until released back into the wild.

We had a guy round yesterday to give us another quote for the yard and i'm looking at costs for runs and shelter etc.

I can't wait to get my first cubs.

If Fox hunters didn't break the law in the first place, there would not be as many orphaned cubs.

The fox hounds are being infiltrated by spies. Can you spot the spy in this pic? :yh_rotfl

Attached files
Snowfire

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Snowfire »

So who gives you temporary care untill released back into the wild.

*ahem* I'll get me coat
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Snowfire;1168077 wrote: So who gives you temporary care untill released back into the wild.

*ahem* I'll get me coat

And a taxi quick :wah:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1168077 wrote: So who gives you temporary care untill released back into the wild.

*ahem* I'll get me coat

I thought she still was :-)
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Bryn Mawr;1168091 wrote: I thought she still was :-)
Foxes can be trained to hunt and attack so watch it Bryn :wah:
Snowfire

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1168091 wrote: I thought she still was :-)

I can only hope she is kept on a tight, short leash
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1168095 wrote: I can only hope she is kept on a tight, short leash

I didn't realise she was into bondage as well 8-0
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Bryn Mawr;1168107 wrote: I didn't realise she was into bondage as well 8-0
That's it..... you just carry on at my expense but i'm telling Gordon Brown all about you two. :wah:
Daniyal

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1168032 wrote: Thank you D. :)

Since posting this thread we have been doing more enquireys. It appears the council can not object as they will be orphaned cubs in tempory care until released back into the wild.

We had a guy round yesterday to give us another quote for the yard and i'm looking at costs for runs and shelter etc.

I can't wait to get my first cubs.

If Fox hunters didn't break the law in the first place, there would not be as many orphaned cubs.

The fox hounds are being infiltrated by spies. Can you spot the spy in this pic? :yh_rotfl

Name The First One Savior ...
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Bill Sikes

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1168032 wrote: If Fox hunters didn't break the law in the first place, there would not be as many orphaned cubs

How many prosecutions have there been since "the ban"? How many have actually been guilty of breaking the law?

Your mention of "orphaned cubs" is very interesting. There is *no* close season for *shooting* foxes.
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Bill Sikes;1168234 wrote: How many prosecutions have there been since "the ban"? How many have actually been guilty of breaking the law?

Your mention of "orphaned cubs" is very interesting. There is *no* close season for *shooting* foxes. It's a very wide area Bill. Cubs become orphaned for a variety of reasons. I among others pushed for the law to be changed over fox hunting. The live hunts were replaced by trail hunts but believe me, many of them cheat. Anti-fox hunters have this 'cheating' on film. Since the ban, anti-fox protesters ahve been far more active on trail hunts simply because they do cheat, do brak the law but the under-manned police force are not there to prosecute. Anti-foxhunting protesters gather the evidence on film to present to the police.

IF fox are a danger to lambing etc, I have no problem with a farmer shooting a fox in a humane way. This does happen and contributes to orphaned cubs.

Do you know the main staple diet of a fox? It may surprise you!! :)
Bill Sikes

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1168238 wrote:

Do you know the main staple diet of a fox? )

Yes.
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Bill Sikes;1168244 wrote: Yes. I have to say, I don't fancy digging earth worms up much to feed my orphans but if it must be done, It must be done. They also love fruit.

We have a pack come to the garden every night and i've fed them for nine years. They come and go but the main players stay. The alpha male is an absolute beauty we named 'Clarkson'. I went out last night and there was 9 of them that i could see and next doors tabby cat in among them waiting for scraps as well. I can not name the outlet but a high street chain of cafes delivers me a sack of beef, chicken etc every friday for them. Their existence is kept secret here and the time they arrive at night. The vixens were pregnant and have not now been seen for a while so i'm guessing they have gone to earth. I adore them.
Oscar Namechange

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Had another quote today and Monday we are going to look at some shelters.

Work will start in the next few weeks and i'm getting excited.
Daniyal

Oscar Towers Fox Rescue

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1168604 wrote: Had another quote today and Monday we are going to look at some shelters.

Work will start in the next few weeks and i'm getting excited.

:yh_dance:yh_dance:yh_clap:yh_clap

Return to “General Chit Chat”