being right vs the truth

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
farmer giles

being right vs the truth

Post by farmer giles »

without putting myself up for attack on all fronts ,i think i'm a person who has an open mind (and i dont just mean our fg friend on my friend list) if i think i am right

i will look at the facts and i am big enough to admit i'm wrong if it looks like i am ,how about you guys does being right blind you to the facts or will you find some fact then twist to try to prove you are right no matter what :sneaky::sneaky:

come on be honest :D:D
Clodhopper

being right vs the truth

Post by Clodhopper »

I hope I'm honest enough to admit it when I'm wrong...

...not that that ever happens of course.:sneaky:

btw, are you the person formerly known as Jimbo?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Daniyal

being right vs the truth

Post by Daniyal »

farmer giles;1169811 wrote: without putting myself up for attack on all fronts ,i think i'm a person who has an open mind (and i dont just mean our fg friend on my friend list) if i think i am right

i will look at the facts and i am big enough to admit i'm wrong if it looks like i am ,how about you guys does being right blind you to the facts or will you find some fact then twist to try to prove you are right no matter what :sneaky::sneaky:

come on be honest :D:D

Truth is likened unto fire , Its outcome depends upon the holder , either it can burn , destroy , consume , kill or it can lighten the atmoshere for the reader to obtain , it can warm , or it can prepare the soup for the hungry .

I don't claim to know everything , But if wrong I can admit , But If a person Only disagree with what post only because they don't like it , And haven't reserach it doesn't get it with me .
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
G-man

being right vs the truth

Post by G-man »

I'm usually right, so... it doesn't hurt me to admit when I'm wrong on the rare occasion. :p Actually, even when I know that I'm right, I'll admit that I'm wrong just to keep the peace... that's usually only in group settings, though... like in the mod forums... for some reason that one stands out, recently. :wah:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

along-for-the-ride

being right vs the truth

Post by along-for-the-ride »

The truth is not always pleasant to hear. Some folks prefer silence, it's kinder that way.

Some folks keep questioning a truth until this truth becomes a forum for debate. Then this debate can turn into a soliliquoy.This truth gets lot in the shuffle.

Sometimes being right means you have to let someone else have the last word.

Too much deep thinking here, Jimbo. :wah:

Other peoples responses to my posts do matter to me. But I have seen that some posts can be interpreted differently. I express my opinions and my truths, but I may not always be "right" in these expressions as others see it. That's okay.

Just don't shoot the messenger. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G-man

being right vs the truth

Post by G-man »

Clodhopper;1169827 wrote: I hope I'm honest enough to admit it when I'm wrong...

...not that that ever happens of course.:sneaky:

btw, are you the person formerly known as Jimbo?

I believe that Farmer Giles is Jimbo's serious alter ego, but I could be wrong. :wah:

Daniyal

being right vs the truth

Post by Daniyal »

along-for-the-ride;1169888 wrote: The truth is not always pleasant to hear. Some folks prefer silence, it's kinder that way.

Some folks keep questioning a truth until this truth becomes a forum for debate. Then this debate can turn into a soliliquoy.This truth gets lot in the shuffle.

Sometimes being right means you have to let someone else have the last word.

Too much deep thinking here, Jimbo. :wah:

Other peoples responses to my posts do matter to me. But I have seen that some posts can be interpreted differently. I express my opinions and my truths, but I may not always be "right" in these expressions as others see it. That's okay.

Just don't shoot the messenger. ;)

You have some veryyyyyyy good point there :) , This one the best [ Just don't shoot the messenger ] .

Oh yes some are to lazyyyyyyyy to do any Research And Still Claim there truth is the real truth and I find veryyyyyyyyyy :wah:
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Daniyal;1169914 wrote: You have some veryyyyyyy good point there :) , This one the best [ Just don't shoot the messenger ] .

Oh yes some are to lazyyyyyyyy to do any Research And Still Claim there truth is the real truth and I find veryyyyyyyyyy :wah: Some don't even read a newspaper D ;););)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

being right vs the truth

Post by Odie »

oscar;1169917 wrote: Some don't even read a newspaper D ;););)

I do read our newspaper, but writers at times, stretch the truth or there is no truth in it whatsoever.
Life is just to short for drama.
Daniyal

being right vs the truth

Post by Daniyal »

You Know That The Truth Nor Do Some Pick Up A Book :)

Snowfire

being right vs the truth

Post by Snowfire »

Well, some dont read the Daily Mail. Which is a start ;)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
qsducks

being right vs the truth

Post by qsducks »

I always admit when I'm wrong...so much easier.
G-man

being right vs the truth

Post by G-man »

qsducks;1170081 wrote: I always admit when I'm wrong...so much easier.

Erm... well, actually... you're wrong on this one. In fact, you're wrong so frequently that it's actually easier to just admit to being right on the few occasions that you are. :yh_rotfl

abbey

being right vs the truth

Post by abbey »

Some read and quote too many. :D
G-man

being right vs the truth

Post by G-man »

abbey;1170090 wrote: Some read and quote too many. :D

Yeah, and you know that you can't believe everything you read either! :wah:

princessladedah

being right vs the truth

Post by princessladedah »

for me its a small person who cant say oops I was wrong and an even bigger oops when it is something serious
farmer giles

being right vs the truth

Post by farmer giles »

yes tis I jimbo :D

the reason i ask is i had a visitor during the week at my house and during conversation i said about something i was interested in ,this person said outright that i was wrong so i got the relevant facts up on google this person then changed the whole subject around to what i said was was what he said and that what i pulled up on google supported their point both myself and suzy just sat there open mouthed not able to say anything :thinking::thinking:

does proving you are right whilst knowing you are not really massage that ego i wonder :D:D
abbey

being right vs the truth

Post by abbey »

Re: being right vs the truth

I love my team but if they play crap I admit it and never make excuses for them. :wah:

farmer giles

being right vs the truth

Post by farmer giles »

abbey;1170158 wrote: Re: being right vs the truth

I love my team but if they play crap I admit it and never make excuses for them. :wah:

as do i abbey :):)

:thinking::thinking:

BORING

:wah::wah:
abbey

being right vs the truth

Post by abbey »

:yh_rotfl Sorry.
CARLA

being right vs the truth

Post by CARLA »

Everyones truth is different that is a lesson I have learned the hard way. I find no pleasure in pointing out someone errors. I would rather they find it out themselves if they so choose. ;)

Then again I'm always right so there..!! :yh_rotfl

[QUOTE]…people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.

~J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Clint

being right vs the truth

Post by Clint »

I was wrong so much I tried to go into conversations/situations looking for where I could be wrong. Sadly, I was still wrong too much because I looked through the filters my experiences had created. Now, being aware of that, I have perfected my processes making me infallible and now I'm always right.:D
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

I'm never wrong:

But then i could be wrong :confused::confused::confused:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

being right vs the truth

Post by Clodhopper »

yes tis I jimbo

:) Good to see you back, old thing!

the reason i ask is i had a visitor during the week at my house and during conversation i said about something i was interested in ,this person said outright that i was wrong so i got the relevant facts up on google this person then changed the whole subject around to what i said was was what he said and that what i pulled up on google supported their point both myself and suzy just sat there open mouthed not able to say anything

Interesting. Hmm.

I wonder if there is a control/security thing going on there? Being right is about the world being as you think it is, which for some people entirely defines your place in it and perhaps even who you are.

If someone shows that sort of person they are wrong they have threatened (or demolished) their worldview and therefore they no longer know where they fit in the world and feel their identity is under attack, so they react in a way that reaffirms their rightness about the world and their place in it...?

Just speculating. Could be wrong.:D

does proving you are right whilst knowing you are not really massage that ego i wonder

Or is it just a dominance thing? Or maybe (if my answer above is relevant) they really believed that they said what you said and you said what they said.

Either way it's a headf**k!

Funnily enough I'm dealing with a bloke at the moment who cannot admit he's made a mistake, no matter how unimportant it is, which is very similar. Under the circumstances (very dull) I just move on...

Daniyal

being right vs the truth

Post by Daniyal »

farmer giles;1170121 wrote: yes tis I jimbo :D

the reason i ask is i had a visitor during the week at my house and during conversation i said about something i was interested in ,this person said outright that i was wrong so i got the relevant facts up on google this person then changed the whole subject around to what i said was was what he said and that what i pulled up on google supported their point both myself and suzy just sat there open mouthed not able to say anything :thinking::thinking:

does proving you are right whilst knowing you are not really massage that ego i wonder :D:D

The Above Is Call Fliping The Script You Can See Alot Of That Here , This Happen When A Person Doesn't Have A Real Answer And Now They Have Egg On Their Face And Don't Know How To Wipe It Off Without You Seeing Them .

YZGI

being right vs the truth

Post by YZGI »

Google has stifled many a good argument or disagreements.:D
Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

YZGI;1170807 wrote: Google has stifled many a good argument or disagreements.:D
I'm sorry customer but your reply has been rejected by google as being in-conclusive.

Please try again. :D
YZGI

being right vs the truth

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1170809 wrote: I'm sorry customer but your reply has been rejected by google as being in-conclusive.

Please try again. :D
I should have known. It would take a Gaggle of Googles to stifle a disagreement with you.;):D
Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

YZGI;1170811 wrote: I should have known. It would take a Gaggle of Googles to stifle a disagreement with you.;):D
Negative. google search engine does not recognise 'gaggle' in association with google. Google only recognises 'gaggle' with geese. A malfunction has manifested in your initial post. Please try again :D
YZGI

being right vs the truth

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1170812 wrote: Negative. google search engine does not recognise 'gaggle' in association with google. Google only recognises 'gaggle' with geese. A malfunction has manifested in your initial post. Please try again :D
It would take a rather silly Goose to research that.:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

YZGI;1170830 wrote: It would take a rather silly Goose to research that.:yh_rotfl a duplicate malfunction has occured. Goose terminology is in the singular. Geese terminology is in the plural. Google may not be contracted to cross reference. Please check your source and try again. :D
Clodhopper

being right vs the truth

Post by Clodhopper »

....I'd goggle at a gaggle of googling geese. :D

Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

Clodhopper;1170871 wrote: ....I'd goggle at a gaggle of googling geese. :D ah. bu could you gag at a gaggling goggle of googling?
Clodhopper

being right vs the truth

Post by Clodhopper »

ah. bu could you gag at a gaggling goggle of googling?

Nope. But I could gag at a googling gaggle of goggling geese.

Gosh.

Oscar Namechange

being right vs the truth

Clodhopper;1170892 wrote: Nope. But I could gag at a googling gaggle of goggling geese.

Gosh. But what about ogling a gaggling googling goggling gaggle of goosling?
Odie

being right vs the truth

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1170081 wrote: I always admit when I'm wrong...so much easier.

-it is so much easier, the truth.........I admit when I am wrong also.

sometimes it may hurt for awhile, but being truthful and honest is the way for me.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”