Toys

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
princessladedah

Toys

Post by princessladedah »

When you were growing up what was your favorite toy that you got?

Mine was the Barbie town house complete with elevator, I also had the Barbie pool, Barbie airplane, Barbie car, etc. I loved that thing
Peg

Toys

Post by Peg »

I had a toy hutch. The doors of the toy box were chalk boards, and it had bookshelves built on top. I used to spend hours playing school. I also had a toy register and would play store a lot. :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Books
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

Er sorry but I dont think I will ever grow up as this is just some of my Dolls.....Teddies are somewhere else:o

Attached files
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
woppy71

Toys

Post by woppy71 »

Lego! :wah:
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Boys
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
woppy71

Toys

Post by woppy71 »

oscar;1169869 wrote: Boys
:wah::wah:

I would go on to say Wi**y, but i might get banned, lol
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Peg

Toys

Post by Peg »

Carolly;1169866 wrote: Er sorry but I dont think I will ever grow up as this is just some of my Dolls.....Teddies are somewhere else:o

Beautiful!
Odie

Toys

Post by Odie »

princessladedah;1169798 wrote: When you were growing up what was your favorite toy that you got?

Mine was the Barbie town house complete with elevator, I also had the Barbie pool, Barbie airplane, Barbie car, etc. I loved that thing

omg, me to, Barbie and Ken were my fav's.

even had their carrying cases for all of their clothes and accessories!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Toys

Post by Peg »

I used to love playing with Barbies. That was back when they had the fun ones that you could dye their hair, or push a button to make their hair longer and shorter.
Oscar Namechange

Toys

slugs, snails and spiders..... i used to race them.
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

Peg;1169876 wrote: Beautiful!Thanks for calling me that as you aint bad yerself Peg:-4..................oh you mean the dolls!!!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:D;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169920 wrote: Thanks for calling me that as you aint bad yerself Peg:-4..................oh you mean the dolls!!!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:D;) :yh_rotfl

Yor dolls are lovely. Did you ever visit the antique doll museum in Brighton?

Brighton & Hove Museums - Discovering Dolls
Daniyal

Toys

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1169869 wrote: Boys

You Know The Diffrent Between Men & Boys Are The Price Of Their Toys '' Yes ''
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Daniyal;1169927 wrote: Boys Hummmmmmmmmmmmm I had no choice D..... My father sent me to a private Grammar school for BOYS :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Daniyal

Toys

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1169930 wrote: I had no choice D..... My father sent me to a private Grammar school for BOYS :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_flower
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169923 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Yor dolls are lovely. Did you ever visit the antique doll museum in Brighton?

Brighton & Hove Museums - Discovering DollsNot Brighten but they have an amazing one in East London....trouble is I want to take them all home:(:-5:rolleyes:;)
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169939 wrote: Not Brighten but they have an amazing one in East London....trouble is I want to take them all home:(:-5:rolleyes:;) It was never dolls for me, it was teddy bears..... still is. It got so bad Mr O had to fill a suitcase with a lot and put them in the garage. Then he buys me more :yh_rotfl

There was a dolls hospital in Brighton when i was a kid but i'm not sure if it's still there.
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169946 wrote: It was never dolls for me, it was teddy bears..... still is. It got so bad Mr O had to fill a suitcase with a lot and put them in the garage. Then he buys me more :yh_rotfl

There was a dolls hospital in Brighton when i was a kid but i'm not sure if it's still there.I saw an amazing Bear yesterday on QVC and went to order it but they sold out:-5How can you let him put your babies in a suitcase....ahh poor little fings:-1:-1.Mind you thats so much like a man.....no more of this an that an then goes an gets you some more:wah:I have also some 3ft high figures of Betty Boo...Donald Duck.....Tom and Gerry and Mickey an Minnie.....have a bleedin job putting them in a case:wah::D;)
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169952 wrote: I saw an amazing Bear yesterday on QVC and went to order it but they sold out:-5How can you let him put your babies in a suitcase....ahh poor little fings:-1:-1.Mind you thats so much like a man.....no more of this an that an then goes an gets you some more:wah:I have also some 3ft high figures of Betty Boo...Donald Duck.....Tom and Gerry and Mickey an Minnie.....have a bleedin job putting them in a case:wah::D;) :wah: It had got silly Carolly.... We were even adding bookshelves in the bedroom to display them.

I bought my nephew a musical Stieff for his christening. Cost me a fortune but he can sell it in 25 yrs time and buy a house :yh_rotfl

I dare not spend too much on them as often i see one in one of the dogs mouths. :wah:
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169954 wrote: :wah: It had got silly Carolly.... We were even adding bookshelves in the bedroom to display them.

I bought my nephew a musical Stieff for his christening. Cost me a fortune but he can sell it in 25 yrs time and buy a house :yh_rotfl

I dare not spend too much on them as often i see one in one of the dogs mouths. :wah:See thats the problem space....My living room is 30ft Long and one half is full of the dolls and prams and chairs with them and if somebody comes..........tough they aint moving the dolls:wah:One of the Bedrooms is also full of them....in a nice way of course;)I must admit I look at them sometimes and fink what a twit I am and I should grow up.......and then go and buy another one:yh_rotfl.Still Wood Green Animal Shelter will get them when Im gone so its a good excuse to keep them:D
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169958 wrote: See thats the problem space....My living room is 30ft Long and one half is full of the dolls and prams and chairs with them and if somebody comes..........tough they aint moving the dolls:wah:One of the Bedrooms is also full of them....in a nice way of course;)I must admit I look at them sometimes and fink what a twit I am and I should grow up.......and then go and buy another one:yh_rotfl.Still Wood Green Animal Shelter will get them when Im gone so its a good excuse to keep them:D I have a huge bedroom but they were taking over. I have 80 small one's on display in the bedroom from one collection. They have to be up high because of the dogs :-5

I did think of giving some of mine to the Children's hospital in Bristol.
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169965 wrote: I have a huge bedroom but they were taking over. I have 80 small one's on display in the bedroom from one collection. They have to be up high because of the dogs :-5

I did think of giving some of mine to the Children's hospital in Bristol.One of my Dogs ...Baby Boo Boo.....dont ask:rolleyes:....had a thing about one certain bear and it ended up eyeless....legless and earless and that was a steiff and Baby Boo Boo nearly ended up the same when I saw it......but I looked at his little face and thought whats a 100 quid compared to this little darling......and then I went mad:-5:-5....only joking:wah: just a little mad:D;)
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169968 wrote: One of my Dogs ...Baby Boo Boo.....dont ask:rolleyes:....had a thing about one certain bear and it ended up eyeless....legless and earless and that was a steiff and Baby Boo Boo nearly ended up the same when I saw it......but I looked at his little face and thought whats a 100 quid compared to this little darling......and then I went mad:-5:-5....only joking:wah: just a little mad:D;)
I know the feeling :wah: When mine get hold of a teddy, i get cross but then look at their little faces :wah:

Mr O goes to charity shops and buys teddys for them but as soon as they've ripped the eyes out, the nose off and pulled all the stuffing out, they leave them:wah:

I had a christmas tree angel that was passed down in the family from great grand-mothers. It had been in the family for 200 years and my old Alsation ate it :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169970 wrote: I know the feeling :wah: When mine get hold of a teddy, i get cross but then look at their little faces :wah:

Mr O goes to charity shops and buys teddys for them but as soon as they've ripped the eyes out, the nose off and pulled all the stuffing out, they leave them:wah:

I had a christmas tree angel that was passed down in the family from great grand-mothers. It had been in the family for 200 years and my old Alsation ate it :yh_rotflTeach you to feed him next time:wah:;)
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169972 wrote: Teach you to feed him next time:wah:;) :wah:That dog also ate Mr O's shed :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Toys

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1169973 wrote: :wah:That dog also ate Mr O's shed :yh_rotflGawd I bet it got indigestion:-3:-2:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Carolly;1169977 wrote: Gawd I bet it got indigestion:-3:-2:yh_rotfl And splinters :wah:

I had a cross between a Bulldog and a Shitzou once...... It was Bullshite :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Toys

Post by qsducks »

princessladedah;1169798 wrote: When you were growing up what was your favorite toy that you got?

We had all those things. Barbie world. My parents used to have a pool table in their basement and we would set up the entire Barbie world on it...so much fun. I also used to love playing with the Fisher Price little people sets...remember back then they were wooden peeps:wah:
Betty Boop

Toys

Post by Betty Boop »

I remember playing with these, Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down! Weebles toys, Weebles stuff, Playskool Weebles, Airfix weebles, Hasbro weebles, weebles stuff

No Barbie in my house, I much preferred Sindy, she was more 'normal' Sindy Dolly | www.sindydolly.com
Oscar Namechange

Toys

I collected stag beetles and held their own olympics.

Attached files
Snowfire

Toys

Post by Snowfire »

I still have my favourite toy. A tin plate robot that walked slowly across the kitchen floor. The cat was terrified of it

Attached files
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Snowfire;1170018 wrote: I still have my favourite toy. A tin plate robot that walked slowly across the kitchen floor. The cat was terrified of it
I bet you still play with it as well :yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Toys

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1170022 wrote: I bet you still play with it as well :yh_rotfl

If it needs a dust, I'll give it a wipe. Then it gets wrapped up again

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Toys

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1170028 wrote: If it needs a dust, I'll give it a wipe. Then it gets wrapped up again

You really should put it out on display!
Snowfire

Toys

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1170032 wrote: You really should put it out on display!

Ooooh Matron !

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Snowfire;1170028 wrote: If it needs a dust, I'll give it a wipe. Then it gets wrapped up again And your toy?????
Snowfire

Toys

Post by Snowfire »

When I were a very young lad, my dream was to own a Johnny 7.

It was a rifle that performed 7 different tasks.

grenade launcher etc

I never got one and would never buy such a thing for my kids/grandkids. Not the right sort of thing to be a toy

I would only buy one for collector purposes

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Snowfire;1170557 wrote: When I were a very young lad, my dream was to own a Johnny 7.

It was a rifle that performed 7 different tasks.

grenade launcher etc

I never got one and would never buy such a thing for my kids/grandkids. Not the right sort of thing to be a toy

I would only buy one for collector purposes We have a policy in our family...... the kids never have guns....full stop.

At least yours is slightly more appealling than Mr O's collection of antique ABU fishing reels. Yawn Yawn :wah:

Do you remember trogs????? I loved them.
Snowfire

Toys

Post by Snowfire »

My other favourit toy ( and I've been thinking of treating myself) was The Magic Robot

Attached files

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Toys

Snowfire;1170562 wrote: My other favourit toy ( and I've been thinking of treating myself) was The Magic Robot I never saw one of those. Some of those toys are worth a small fortune now you know especially in the original box.

Return to “General Chit Chat”