Bin City

cogob

Bin City

Post by cogob »

Our local council (Rochford, Essex) has recently distributed three wheeley bins per household, one for non recylable waste, one for compostable waste and one for recyclable waste. You now drive anywhere in the district and it now looks like the invasion of the wheeley bins. They are an eyesore!!!
abbey

Bin City

Post by abbey »

Welcome to the wheelie bin club. :-6
kayleneaussie

Bin City

Post by kayleneaussie »

we have two bins but a lot of other suburbs have the three.....we should have the third one sometime this year.....I think they are a good idea :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Victoria

Bin City

Post by Victoria »

We have one for paper, one for compostable, one for household, a small red container for batteries medicine bottles old film and various chemicals,

glass goes to the recycle bin at the end of the road.

In some areas they are now bringing in a plastics bin! Honestly,some people will need a second house just to have room for all the bins!
qsducks

Bin City

Post by qsducks »

kayleneaussie;1182191 wrote: we have two bins but a lot of other suburbs have the three.....we should have the third one sometime this year.....I think they are a good idea :D

We have one wheelie can...I inherited it on a windy day months ago & whoever owned it has never come to retrieve it:wah:...too late now as I've put our address on it. Also have two yellow recycle cans for aluminum only and the paper get put out in boxes. Glass is also recycled but you have to take that up the road.
Rapunzel

Bin City

Post by Rapunzel »

cogob;1182188 wrote: Our local council (Rochford, Essex) has recently distributed three wheeley bins per household, one for non recylable waste, one for compostable waste and one for recyclable waste. You now drive anywhere in the district and it now looks like the invasion of the wheeley bins. They are an eyesore!!!

We have four! Nah nah nah nah nah! :p :wah:

We have a black landfill bin and a green recyclables bin, collected on alternate weeks. We have 2 brown bins for waste food to be composted. You put the small one in your kitchen and then empty it into the larger bin outside, that's collected weekly. Then there is a smaller black bin for monthly collection of glass and batteries.

I agree, they are ugly and an eyesore but at least they're an attempt at saving the planet! When we were given our brown compostable waste bins we were told that 30% of landfill was food waste! That's a hell of a lot of landfill wasted and a hell of a lot of methane produced!

There are places online where you can buy pictures to stick onto the sides of wheelie bins to make them a bit more interesting. I think thats about the best you can do to put up with what is really a necessary evil. :-6

Return to “Conservation The Environment”