What will appear in my skip?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1182511 wrote: We live in a throw away materialistic society now. I can remember my mother having kettles and toasters that lasted 20 years and i changed mine because of the colour :rolleyes: We drove a salesman mad yesterday having a disagreement over the colour of a new fridge freezer. I wanted black, he wanted white so we compromised and got the silver one :wah:

I'm doing a big car boot with all the stuff i don't use. I love doing them but i come home with other peoples unwanted stuff :wah:I laughed when I saw read that.....I bought a Deco Style Pink and Chrome Toaster yesterday just cause I loved it so much and there was nofing wrong with the old one I had fgs.I also have this other problem....apart from dead stock that I want to move on I wont get rid of anything.....I wish I could but I just cant an therefore have sheds full of stuff I will never use including some really good gear as im a gadget freak but once I get whatever I dont use it:-5.Ye know something.....I really get on me own nerves at times:(:rolleyes:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Carolly;1182521 wrote: I laughed when I saw read that.....I bought a Deco Style Pink and Chrome Toaster yesterday just cause I loved it so much and there was nofing wrong with the old one I had fgs.I also have this other problem....apart from dead stock that I want to move on I wont get rid of anything.....I wish I could but I just cant an therefore have sheds full of stuff I will never use including some really good gear as im a gadget freak but once I get whatever I dont use it:-5.Ye know something.....I really get on me own nerves at times:(:rolleyes: Well i found a black kettle and toaster and just had to have them. Christmas i bought a new dinner service, red with gold stars.... have i used it?..... NO :wah:

Mr O is the gadget freak in this house but won't throw out the old gadgets. With me, it's handbags :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1182519 wrote: A skip is a big dumpster that they charge £150 for a week. Due to the cost, no-one in Britain gets them until they are desperate and then in the middle of the night your neighbours creep out their houses with their rubbish and dump it in your skip. There has been fights over skips here and is a hanging offence if caught throwing your stained matress in your neighbours skip when they are out.

I don't like cactus and can understand you giving the vicious bugger away. I've never had one with a used condom though. Is there a shop near you that sells them especially? Or do you get free condoms with every cactus you buy?

:wah:

Standard cactus practice.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1182509 wrote: I assume this is a garbage can ?

If my finger accidently touches the cat food I surgically scrub my hands.

I assure you Im not a trash digger.

Even if I were trust me I really really dont want to know whats in your trash.

Which reminds me. I was moving and had a 7 foot cactus in a nice pot I gave to a friend and his wife, I was done with it.

Several months later at their house for a bbq they informed the party in my presence they found a used condom in the cactus I gave them.

I still get a nervous twitch thinking about the moment of that announcement.

Well done with the recycling, you fell down at the last hurdle though. :D
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Nomad;1182509 wrote: Several months later at their house for a bbq they informed the party in my presence they found a used condom in the cactus I gave them.

They should have had a condom for every little pr*ck. :wah:

Oh come on......you were all thinking it! :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Betty Boop;1182530 wrote: Well done with the recycling, you fell down at the last hurdle though. :D

Yea.

No idea.

I still remember that ugly feeling while 20 people stared at me thinking whatever it was they were thinking.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1182535 wrote: Yea.

No idea.

I still remember that ugly feeling while 20 people stared at me thinking whatever it was they were thinking.

Had you recycled the condom it would never have been found :p:wah:

I'm sure they thought, wow, lucky git, they were just envious I'm sure. :-6
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1182535 wrote: Yea.

No idea.

Was it a very small condom? :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1182533 wrote: They should have had a condom for every little pr*ck. :wah:

Oh come on......you were all thinking it! :wah:
There was me thinking only Carolly was the smutty one on here :wah:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

oscar;1181843 wrote: We have wheelie bins here which are good for keeping rodents out for household waste but a skip takes rubble and furnature. Some skips are like a small house here. The reason people dump their waste in a neighbours is the cost. £150 for a week which is alot of money just to get rid of rubbish.
I guessed right.

What you are calling a skip we call a dumpster. People that are remodeling thier home will rent one. And all businesses have one also.
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Carolly;1182521 wrote: I laughed when I saw read that.....I bought a Deco Style Pink and Chrome Toaster yesterday just cause I loved it so much and there was nofing wrong with the old one I had fgs.I also have this other problem....apart from dead stock that I want to move on I wont get rid of anything.....I wish I could but I just cant an therefore have sheds full of stuff I will never use including some really good gear as im a gadget freak but once I get whatever I dont use it:-5.Ye know something.....I really get on me own nerves at times:(:rolleyes:

I have the same problem as you about getting rid of anything and so I too have multiple sheds . well I have 3 sheds large enough to be called small barns and 1 shed is a 3 room house and 1 is a med. sized shed..:o :o

i apologize to my sons and thier wives each time I have one of them help me to move something into one of the 'sheds'. because after I'm gone they inherit the dubious honor of cleaning out and hauling off all MY good junk.
Oscar Namechange

scholle-kid;1182612 wrote: I have the same problem as you about getting rid of anything and so I too have multiple sheds . well I have 3 sheds large enough to be called small barns and 1 shed is a 3 room house and 1 is a med. sized shed..:o :o

i apologize to my sons and thier wives each time I have one of them help me to move something into one of the 'sheds'. because after I'm gone they inherit the dubious honor of cleaning out and hauling off all MY good junk. The problem i have is not being able to let go of anything that belonged to my late parents or sister or grandmothers etc. I have a very long will where specific items go to members of the family. My fathers log books from the war and memorabelia are willed to his grand-sons for example but i can't even get rid of a tea cup if it once belonged to my mum. My husbands mum had some hideous ornaments, so hideous that they are not displayed but kept in a box some-where yet we can't part with them. I even have some of my mums clothes. When my dad dies, i pulled his gardening jumper out of the linen basket and i've never washed it. Every now and then, i smell it to smell him.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

oscar;1182733 wrote: The problem i have is not being able to let go of anything that belonged to my late parents or sister or grandmothers etc. I have a very long will where specific items go to members of the family. My fathers log books from the war and memorabelia are willed to his grand-sons for example but i can't even get rid of a tea cup if it once belonged to my mum. My husbands mum had some hideous ornaments, so hideous that they are not displayed but kept in a box some-where yet we can't part with them. I even have some of my mums clothes. When my dad dies, i pulled his gardening jumper out of the linen basket and i've never washed it. Every now and then, i smell it to smell him.

It is almost like you have been poking through my house/shed. I have part of one room with nothing but what I have inherited from Hy dad and there are detailed instruction as to who gets what , my sons ,nephews , grand on ,grand daughter, a niece etc.. and then a whole room has just my grandparents things, my grandpa made several chests of drawers and cupboards and a desk , and my grandma had her mothers treadle sewing machine and a couple of coal oil lamps and dishes and deacons bench and assorted Nick knacks ,,you get the picture. and thier is a detailed list of who gets what. And then there is most of a whole room with my daughters and brothers things. to make a long story short i can't even turn loose of scrap papers with grocery lists in my daughters hand writing. . And all the other sheds are full of my good stuff that i have collected over a 1/2 a century of life ,25 of those years living right here in the same place the really really good stuff i have collected like my roll top desk , and hand painted beveled mirror combo wood propane cook stove 3 shelves of collectible romance novels from the 1920's and 30's ..are in my house where I can look at them all the time .

my daughter has been gone 8 years this coming October and I still haven't washed her pillow or jacket they are both wrapped up a plastic bag and kept in a rubber maid storage container . same way with my brother , he will be gone 3 years this year and his pillow is in it's own bag in the storage container with my girls things. I still have her school work papers and silly notes her and her friends passed .

Like I said my boys know that it will be thier "dubious honor " to clean the sheds and sort the good from the scrap papers lists..they have been very understanding so far about it all.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hopefully, my across the street's bf who just beat the crap outta her.:wah: total scumbag!
Oscar Namechange

scholle-kid;1182940 wrote: It is almost like you have been poking through my house/shed. I have part of one room with nothing but what I have inherited from Hy dad and there are detailed instruction as to who gets what , my sons ,nephews , grand on ,grand daughter, a niece etc.. and then a whole room has just my grandparents things, my grandpa made several chests of drawers and cupboards and a desk , and my grandma had her mothers treadle sewing machine and a couple of coal oil lamps and dishes and deacons bench and assorted Nick knacks ,,you get the picture. and thier is a detailed list of who gets what. And then there is most of a whole room with my daughters and brothers things. to make a long story short i can't even turn loose of scrap papers with grocery lists in my daughters hand writing. . And all the other sheds are full of my good stuff that i have collected over a 1/2 a century of life ,25 of those years living right here in the same place the really really good stuff i have collected like my roll top desk , and hand painted beveled mirror combo wood propane cook stove 3 shelves of collectible romance novels from the 1920's and 30's ..are in my house where I can look at them all the time .

my daughter has been gone 8 years this coming October and I still haven't washed her pillow or jacket they are both wrapped up a plastic bag and kept in a rubber maid storage container . same way with my brother , he will be gone 3 years this year and his pillow is in it's own bag in the storage container with my girls things. I still have her school work papers and silly notes her and her friends passed .

Like I said my boys know that it will be thier "dubious honor " to clean the sheds and sort the good from the scrap papers lists..they have been very understanding so far about it all. The way i see it is that their possessions are part of their life. I like to think that my family will feel as sentimental about some of my things as i do now.

My husband has always insisted that when his time is up, I give his fishing eqipment away to youngsters who want to learn angling rather than sell it.

My husband has boxes of photographs from his uncle who helped liberate Auschwitz concentration camp. I think they would be better off going to a museum or something.

When my mother died, we had the awful task of clearing the house. The first rule was that we went and took what we had given them as gifts over the years. Then we each made a list of what furnature we wanted. Some of us put the same things but we swopped around until every one was happy. What was left was sold and the money given to cancer research. My mother stated in her will that her jewellry was only to be shared between us girls and not my brothers. My eldest brothers wife had a problem with that which is why my mother did it.

I've had to be ruthless today clearing out. We have new furnature coming but already Mr O is saying 'I'd better hang on to that' :wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

scholle-kid;1182612 wrote: I have the same problem as you about getting rid of anything and so I too have multiple sheds . well I have 3 sheds large enough to be called small barns and 1 shed is a 3 room house and 1 is a med. sized shed..:o :o

i apologize to my sons and thier wives each time I have one of them help me to move something into one of the 'sheds'. because after I'm gone they inherit the dubious honor of cleaning out and hauling off all MY good junk.The person who gets my lot will have a field day sorting the lot out:wah: and I hope they like dolls....teddies.....china.....glass.....pictures....etc :wah:Actually its all going to Charity so I have an excuse to be as I am:DOh im so bad I really am and just love my clutter...trouble is nobody else does:-5;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1183077 wrote: The person who gets my lot will have a field day sorting the lot out:wah: and I hope they like dolls....teddies.....china.....glass.....pictures....etc :wah:Actually its all going to Charity so I have an excuse to be as I am:DOh im so bad I really am and just love my clutter...trouble is nobody else does:-5;) I've left items to members of the family but the rest i have asked to be sold and the money given to my charities. My life insurence is already willed to 'Dogs Trust' animal shelters. I don't mean this as it will sound but it's no good me leaving my money to family as they are all set up in life and the kids in the family won't ever be wanting for anything. If some-thing happened to me and Mr O together.... then good luck to the one who has to clear this house :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1183078 wrote: I've left items to members of the family but the rest i have asked to be sold and the money given to my charities. My life insurence is already willed to 'Dogs Trust' animal shelters. I don't mean this as it will sound but it's no good me leaving my money to family as they are all set up in life and the kids in the family won't ever be wanting for anything. If some-thing happened to me and Mr O together.... then good luck to the one who has to clear this house :yh_rotflBeing a Trader myself and having been at the recieving end of clearing houses some years ago.......I wish I could be around to clear our houses:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1183081 wrote: Being a Trader myself and having been at the recieving end of clearing houses some years ago.......I wish I could be around to clear our houses:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I've been emptying drawers today and found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years. Some things you look at and think 'what on earth did i keep that for?' Then there's the cards and letters. I have hundreds of cards Mr O has given me over the years. I even hang on to an old shopping list my mum wrote out. You tell how old it is.... it says 'Bread 32p' :wah:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

oscar;1183086 wrote: I've been emptying drawers today and found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years. Some things you look at and think 'what on earth did i keep that for?' Then there's the cards and letters. I have hundreds of cards Mr O has given me over the years. I even hang on to an old shopping list my mum wrote out. You tell how old it is.... it says 'Bread 32p' :wah:
Go ahead if you dare ,and start tossing all them ' found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years ' kind of things and in 6 months you will be down at the 'why didn't I keep that thing store replacing it . :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I have a 10X30 shed that has been catching my collectable stuff for over 20 years . about 10 years ago me and my daughter 'cleaned' it out and found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years, and figured if I haven't needed it in the last ten or so years ,out it goes. and within the next 12 months i had replaced nearly 3/4 of those things I had tossed out.:-5:-5
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1183086 wrote: I've been emptying drawers today and found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years. Some things you look at and think 'what on earth did i keep that for?' Then there's the cards and letters. I have hundreds of cards Mr O has given me over the years. I even hang on to an old shopping list my mum wrote out. You tell how old it is.... it says 'Bread 32p' :wah:

scholle-kid;1183370 wrote: Go ahead if you dare ,and start tossing all them ' found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years ' kind of things and in 6 months you will be down at the 'why didn't I keep that thing store replacing it . :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I have a 10X30 shed that has been catching my collectable stuff for over 20 years . about 10 years ago me and my daughter 'cleaned' it out and found things i thought i'd lost and things i've not seen for years, and figured if I haven't needed it in the last ten or so years ,out it goes. and within the next 12 months i had replaced nearly 3/4 of those things I had tossed out.:-5:-5

Oh I do the same things as all of you. Toss out some drawers only to throw more stuff back in, etc. And yardsales taht I go to...more stuff!:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Oh gawd.....she still aint talking about about her bleedin skip is she :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

qsducks;1183374 wrote: Oh I do the same things as all of you. Toss out some drawers only to throw more stuff back in, etc. And yardsales taht I go to...more stuff!:wah:

Oh now ,what did I ever do to you to deserve your harsh and mean usage of that oh so tantalizing word YARDSALE :yh_drool I kicked my addiction to them years ago :yh_angel, right after I replaced it with my new addictions to Garage SALES and Flea markets,:yh_angel
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183382 wrote: Oh gawd.....she still aint talking about about her bleedin skip is she :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I found Quin's sliding board on the side of the road...perfect condition. Now I need to get rid of it..he's too big for it:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183389 wrote: I found Quin's sliding board on the side of the road...perfect condition. Now I need to get rid of it..he's too big for it:wah:Oh go an put it in Oscars...she wont mind and her neighbours would love to nick it :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

scholle-kid;1183387 wrote: Oh now ,what did I ever do to you to deserve your harsh and mean usage of that oh so tantalizing word YARDSALE :yh_drool I kicked my addiction to them years ago :yh_angel, right after I replaced it with my new addictions to Garage SALES and Flea markets,:yh_angel

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I am sitting here lmao. Garage sales, yard sales one in the same. Get most of my picture frames from these sales and yeah, I do use them.:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1183400 wrote: Oh go an put it in Oscars...she wont mind and her neighbours would love to nick it :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
We had right trouble with our skip last night Mrs..... we found teenagers in it.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

qsducks;1183403 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I am sitting here lmao. Garage sales, yard sales one in the same. Get most of my picture frames from these sales and yeah, I do use them.:wah:

they are not the same, .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Garage sales are easier, to stay longer ,going thur all of every thing ,because your in out of the hot sun. geeze whiz :rolleyes:

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1183415 wrote: We had right trouble with our skip last night Mrs..... we found teenagers in it.Where most of them belong I recon:wah::wah:...well maybe their parents put them there as they dont want them anymore:D
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Carolly;1183400 wrote: Oh go an put it in Oscars...she wont mind and her neighbours would love to nick it :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
You do know ,that when Oscar gets you and whips up on the side of your noggin ,we all are just gonna laugh at you , cuz we all know how she feels about her skip and them peskey neighbors. :p:D or wait that's pissy or peskey ??:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Giving it to one of John's friends for her sister.

oscar;1183415 wrote: We had right trouble with our skip last night Mrs..... we found teenagers in it.

So, that's where they hang these days?:yh_rotfl

scholle-kid;1183417 wrote: they are not the same, .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Garage sales are easier, to stay longer ,going thur all of every thing ,because your in out of the hot sun. geeze whiz :rolleyes:

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I went to a yardsale about a year ago...omg, it was so hot out that the woman was sweating like crazy and finally put everybody on notice that were there...everything is 25 cents...yeah baby...got Quin a pair of duck boots, curtains, and a toaster oven.:wah:

Carolly;1183418 wrote: Where most of them belong I recon:wah::wah:...well maybe their parents put them there as they dont want them anymore:D

:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

scholle-kid;1183421 wrote: You do know ,that when Oscar gets you and whips up on the side of your noggin ,we all are just gonna laugh at you , cuz we all know how she feels about her skip and them peskey neighbors. :p:D or wait that's pissy or peskey ??:yh_rotflDont say that word Whip to me woman.....have you any idea how that gets me going:yh_rotfl and Oscar will be panting as well:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183424 wrote: Dont say that word Whip to me woman.....have you any idea how that gets me going:yh_rotfl and Oscar will be panting as well:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1183424 wrote: Dont say that word Whip to me woman.....have you any idea how that gets me going:yh_rotfl and Oscar will be panting as well:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Excuse me Mrs..... we don't have any of that whip malarky in our house. My parents were Conservatives I'll have you know. ;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1183453 wrote: Excuse me Mrs..... we don't have any of that whip malarky in our house. My parents were Conservatives I'll have you know. ;)Ohhhhh and that lot are not into all that are they.....gawd forbid:p
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1183453 wrote: Excuse me Mrs..... we don't have any of that whip malarky in our house. My parents were Conservatives I'll have you know. ;)

Carolly;1183491 wrote: Ohhhhh and that lot are not into all that are they.....gawd forbid:p

They are always the worst offenders:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183506 wrote: They are always the worst offenders:yh_rotflDucky....come closer I want to tell you a secret ok.......Many many moons ago when I was singing I also organised stag and hen parties and was very friendly with all the acts including the strippers.One of them Barbara was a sex change and was also a high class pro in a very posh part of West London.She told me that her "maid" was having a week off and didnt know what to do.I asked her what the maid did.She informed me all it consisted of was to answer the phone an let the client in.....I said.....Ohhhhh I can do that :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl....God looking back I cant believe I said that fgs:o anyway I did it for her.....wont go into to much detail:wah: but I can say hand on heart...some of her clients were very kinky and they were "that lot";):wah::lips:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Carolly;1183424 wrote: Dont say that word Whip to me woman.....have you any idea how that gets me going:yh_rotfl and Oscar will be panting as well:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Kat's singing to the tune mary had a little lamb

oscar's got a little whip ,a little whip

carolly trying to jump a ship ,jump a ship

oscars catching up to her , whip whip whip snap pop whip,,,:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

scholle-kid;1183555 wrote: Kat's singing to the tune mary had a little lamb

oscars catching up to her , whip whip whip snap pop whip,,,:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

scholle-kid;1183555 wrote: Kat's singing to the tune mary had a little lamb

oscars catching up to her , whip whip whip snap pop whip,,,:guitarist:guitarist:guitaristWonder if Streisand will record it:D:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1183561 wrote: Wonder if Streisand will record it:D:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;) I'll ask 'The Stranglers'..... it's right up their street :wah:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

HA , ya'll never knew that I'm tunefully inclined did ja ?? I can't carry a tune not even in a bucket , but I can think them up for someone else to carry ???:-2 :-2 :-3 what was I saying ,,,:-3

Return to “General Chit Chat”