Is This What Its All About!!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Vesuvius;1192435 wrote: Oh tell me about the moustache :mad: All fine whiteish hairs, but in MY magnifying mirror I can see every little one :yh_rotfl I would rather have the hairs back on my legs, why did they feel they had to move upwards :-2

damn magnifying mirrors!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I hate it when I am thinking back to 25-30 years old and then I look in a mirror and wonder who in the heck is that old lady?

Yes, I have a hairy lip...well, until I pluck it to death.

I have hot flashes from hell and can't see for crap without my glasses anymore

Getting old is full of all kinds of suprises and you discover parts of your body that you didn't know you had cause the all of a sudden they hurt for no reason at all.

Ahh the Golden Years. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

[QUOTE=Sunshine;1192577]I hate it when I am thinking back to 25-30 years old and then I look in a mirror and wonder who in the heck is that old lady?

Oh I dont have to wonder cos every time I look in the mirror I see my mother looking back at me its like having a permenant stalker following me around...I catch myself doing things she does or hear myself say something she says ..and much as I love my mum, its awful !
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1192577 wrote: I hate it when I am thinking back to 25-30 years old and then I look in a mirror and wonder who in the heck is that old lady?

Getting old is full of all kinds of suprises and you discover parts of your body that you didn't know you had cause the all of a sudden they hurt for no reason at all.

Ahh the Golden Years. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

your only old if you feel old, and your not old!:-5:-5
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

Good Morning!

Good Topic!

Funny responses!

The great plus about loosing the eyesight is you can't see the wrinkles, or menapausal skin, and other "perks"!

Ah yes, the 'daze' of olde....

:)
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

All men do is loose hair, somehow we were gipted:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1192617 wrote: your only old if you feel old, and your not old!:-5:-5

Odie, I feel old there in lays the problem. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

I think my sense of humor has gotten better,... which comes in handy!!;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

princessladedah;1192696 wrote: All men do is loose hair, somehow we were gipted:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

we were!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

frugalgrannie;1192743 wrote: I think my sense of humor has gotten better,... which comes in handy!!;)

that's is soooooooo true!
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

when you start to get funeral plan leaflets through the door!!!:-5:-5:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Carolly;1192107 wrote: I've seen two shows lately that went on and on about how mid-life is a great time for women. Just last week Oprah had a whole show on how great menopause will be . .. . Puhleeeeeeeze! I've had a few thoughts of my own and would like to share them with you. Whether you are pushing 40, 50, 60 (or maybe even just pushing your luck), you'll probably relate. Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.:-5

In mid-life women no longer have upper arms, we have wing spans. We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag. :mad:

Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your rear without turning around.:-5

Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only time someone will ask you to appear topless. :(

Mid-life is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream, 'Listen, honey, even the Roman empire fell and those will too.':p

Mid-life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and we're sitting on our biggest ones.:o

Mid-life is when you look at your know-it-all, beeper-wearing teenager and think, 'For this I have stretch marks?' :-5:-5

In mid-life your memory starts to go.. In fact the only thing we can retain is water.:o

Mid-life means that your Body By Jake now includes Legs By Rand McNally--more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of Wisconsin .:rolleyes:

Mid-life means that you become more reflective. You start pondering the 'big' questions. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice? :-3

But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important. We realize that breasts sag, hips expand, and chins double, but our loved ones make the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now, for the body you had way back when? Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired.. That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it! ;):D:guitarist

OMG!! so this is what I have to look forward too? :-5
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

valentine;1193208 wrote:

That is so much fun, isn't Kaz? Yeah, I really wanna plan my funeral...

Over here we get the dreaded AARP crap. I think it's stands for American Association of Retired Persons or something like that. My Dad calls it "the Old Farts Organization", pretty close to the truth. I got my first one at 50.

I like it when the cashier's ask if you are over 62 so you can qualify for the senior discount - no, but I'd really like to see what you look like wearing a half gallon of milk... :-5 (nice, ain't I? :yh_rotfl )

Yes Hope, and sooooooo much more. The big "M" is a trip. They aren't hot flashes, they're power surges ;)

I know!!! and ihave had phone calls from stairlift salespeople:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Glad to hear I'm not alone....

Carolly - perfect description.

Valentine

Stalker...:yh_rotfl too funny

I see my Mother looking back at me - I hold up a cross - get back..!:yh_rotfl

Patsy
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I just got done mowing the yard in my swimsuit. Folks out and about in two of the yards around me and no privacy fence in sight..:eek:

headphones on and singing along with aerosmith..:guitarist

I do put my shirt over for the front yard, but that's it...

I'm old and I'll be paying my mortgage for at least another 10 years..

But I'm in my yard, so I'll dress how I damned well please. If it puts you off your supper that's just too damned bad..:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Oh, and did I mention that I am almost as round as I am tall?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Sunshine;1192577 wrote: I hate it when I am thinking back to 25-30 years old and then I look in a mirror and wonder who in the heck is that old lady?

Ahh the Golden Years. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!I cannot see I cannot pee.

I chew I cannot screw.

My memory shrinks my hearing stinks.

No sense of smell I look like hell.

My bodies drooping I got trouble pooping.

The Golden Years Have Come At Last.

The Golden Years Can Kiss My A...:-5:-5

By Kimers.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Carolly;1193322 wrote: I cannot see I cannot pee.

I chew I cannot screw.

My memory shrinks my hearing stinks.

No sense of smell I look like hell.

My bodies drooping I got trouble pooping.

The Golden Years Have Come At Last.

The Golden Years Can Kiss My A...:-5:-5

By Kimers.

perfect!!!! Now that was written by someone who has been there.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Sunshine;1193329 wrote: perfect!!!! Now that was written by someone who has been there.I reckon they were talking about me.....I do nuf miss me smeller:( I still buy perfume but the difference is I have to remember what it smells like:(
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Carolly;1193333 wrote: I reckon they were talking about me.....I do nuf miss me smeller:( I still buy perfume but the difference is I have to remember what it smells like:(
Darlin, I am in the same boat as you. Wonder why the sense of smell goes. Funnny, I sometimes wear cologne and folks ask me what the name of it is...ummmm heck if I can remember which bottle I used. What's it smell like to you? :-3:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Sunshine;1193337 wrote: Darlin, I am in the same boat as you. Wonder why the sense of smell goes. Funnny, I sometimes wear cologne and folks ask me what the name of it is...ummmm heck if I can remember which bottle I used. What's it smell like to you? :-3:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl so you have lost your smeller also:-2 wow......orrible aint it....no smell of bacon frying....no smell of fresh bread baking....no smell of tar....I used to love that smell:wah:.....no smell of me Youth Dew or Georgio....not even garlic fgs....mind you....it has it pluses also:D;):rolleyes::lips:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Carolly;1193339 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl so you have lost your smeller also:-2 wow......orrible aint it....no smell of bacon frying....no smell of fresh bread baking....no smell of tar....I used to love that smell:wah:.....no smell of me Youth Dew or Georgio....not even garlic fgs....mind you....it has it pluses also:D;):rolleyes::lips:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl certain smells I don't miss at all if you know what I mean.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Sunshine;1193341 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl certain smells I don't miss at all if you know what I mean.:yh_rotflTrouble is.....id even put up with that if I had me smeller back again:-1:-1:-1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

flopstock;1193321 wrote: Oh, and did I mention that I am almost as round as I am tall?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl love this as a follow up to your first post:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1193341 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl certain smells I don't miss at all if you know what I mean.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

you've lost your sense of smell? I've never heard of that.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Thoughts...

The older I get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1193429 wrote: Thoughts...

That's why I just go to Netflix...so much easier:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1193429 wrote: Thoughts...

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

flopstock;1193320 wrote: I just got done mowing the yard in my swimsuit. Folks out and about in two of the yards around me and no privacy fence in sight..:eek:

headphones on and singing along with aerosmith..:guitarist

I do put my shirt over for the front yard, but that's it...

I'm old and I'll be paying my mortgage for at least another 10 years..

But I'm in my yard, so I'll dress how I damned well please. If it puts you off your supper that's just too damned bad..:p

I love it!!! go floppy!!!:guitarist:D:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

This is a great thread!:wah:

You all are so clever!! and hilarious!!

I never realized it before, but I think my sense of smell has decreased,too.

Offensive smells at work don't seem to bother me like the younger workers.

Kinda Handy... :D

[Did I mention I work in a Nursing Home?]

Job Security... ;)
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

Good Attitude, flopstock!

Rock On!

:yh_clap
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

re: fewer things worth waiting in line for...

So True.

Again,... kinda handy and at the same time, ...'frugal'...!

:yh_clap
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Victoria;1192581 wrote: [QUOTE=Sunshine;1192577]I hate it when I am thinking back to 25-30 years old and then I look in a mirror and wonder who in the heck is that old lady?

Oh I dont have to wonder cos every time I look in the mirror I see my mother looking back at me its like having a permenant stalker following me around...I catch myself doing things she does or hear myself say something she says ..and much as I love my mum, its awful !Oh I know the feeling babe....I have one picture with Chris that is frightening......I swear to God thats my Mother looking back at me:-2 even folk that knew her have been lost for words when they have seen it....same hair...colour......style..... the lot ....but how could that happen......she was old:rolleyes::-5:-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

frugalgrannie;1192677 wrote: Good Morning!

Good Topic!

Funny responses!

The great plus about loosing the eyesight is you can't see the wrinkles, or menapausal skin, and other "perks"!

Ah yes, the 'daze' of olde....

:)

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

:yh_rotfl:wah::yh_bigsmi:yh_laugh:yh_rotfl
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

valentine;1193826 wrote: On a similar note, I have noticed that as I've aged, when I lost a bit of weight I had on for a while, things "rearranged" themselves... not sure but think it was the big "M" that did it.

I don't have a fat a$$ anymore. I don't have any a$$ anymore.

I have a beergut instead. :-5:-5

My theory on this is well thought out (according to me :D). Menopause was invented by men, hence the "men" in menopause. To retaliate for all the bittchin' women have done throughout the ages about all the beer drinking that men do, they (men) decided that when we hit the big M, they'd give us a little bit of what they have been dealing with for eons - a beergut...

Just friggin great. I hit 50 and I look like I drank a keg of beer (and am carrying the keg around too) and no longer have a butt... :-5:-5:-

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

valentine;1193826 wrote: On a similar note, I have noticed that as I've aged, when I lost a bit of weight I had on for a while, things "rearranged" themselves... not sure but think it was the big "M" that did it.

My theory on this is well thought out (according to me :D). Menopause was invented by men, hence the "men" in menopause. To retaliate for all the bittchin' women have done throughout the ages about all the beer drinking that men do, they (men) decided that when we hit the big M, they'd give us a little bit of what they have been dealing with for eons - a beergut...

Just friggin great. I hit 50 and I look like I drank a keg of beer (and am carrying the keg around too) and no longer have a butt... :-5:-5:-

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I have the same probs....but at least I have an arse...the gut...after 4 kids...jeez you see these freegin ads on tv all the time touting tummy tuck meds...my fave those are the ones where men can get bigger dicks...:yh_rotfl...oh yes, give them more ideas. Gag.
Odie

Post by Odie »

a butt? what's that?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1194308 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I have the same probs....but at least I have an arse...the gut...after 4 kids...jeez you see these freegin ads on tv all the time touting tummy tuck meds...my fave those are the ones where men can get bigger dicks...:yh_rotfl...oh yes, give them more ideas. Gag.

you mean this one. :yh_rotfl Love all the warnings. :-3 oh, might want the kidlets out of the room for this one.

YouTube - Viva Viagra
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Welcome to the real world baby:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)

Return to “General Chit Chat”