Ed McMahon dies in LA at 86

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

'Tonight' sidekick Ed McMahon dies in LA at 86

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer Lynn Elber, Ap Television Writer – 42 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Ed McMahon, the loyal "Tonight Show" sidekick who bolstered boss Johnny Carson with guffaws and a resounding "H-e-e-e-e-e-ere's Johnny!" for 30 years, died early Tuesday. He was 86.

McMahon died shortly after midnight at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center surrounded by his wife, Pam, and other family members, said his publicist, Howard Bragman.

`Tonight' sidekick Ed McMahon dies in LA at 86 - Yahoo! News

This is sad. The man worked hard for a long time to entertain americans from the second seat.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I always liked Ed. He did have quite a few problems later in life but he always made me laugh when he was younger.

R.I.P. Ed.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

YZGI;1207758 wrote: I always liked Ed. He did have quite a few problems later in life but he always made me laugh when he was younger.

R.I.P. Ed.

That is so sad. I've always like him and felt that he got the raw end of the deal. May he rest in peace:)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Several of his ancestors, including the Marquis d'Equilly also had long and distinguished military careers. Patrice MacMahon, duc de Magenta was a Marshal of armies in France, serving under Napoleon III, and later President. McMahon once asserted to Johnny Carson that mayonnaise was originally named MacMahonnaise in honor of this ancestor
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, he was good guy, sorry to hear of his passing.
minks

Post by minks »

May he rest in peace
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “General TV Shows”