M J Autopsy

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

M J Autopsy

Post by spot »

SuzyB;1212893 wrote: Talking of autopsies, did anyone in the UK watch a show on the tv where they were performing live autopsies in front of an audience? I couldn't watch it but a couple of friends did, they said they found it interesting.:thinking:

If that was Jonathan Miller's "The Body In Question" I went to a showing at the National Film Theatre where he gave a question-and-answer session after and yes, it was one of the most amazing pieces of television I've ever seen.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
SuzyB

M J Autopsy

Post by SuzyB »

spot;1212901 wrote: If that was Jonathan Miller's "The Body In Question" I went to a showing at the National Film Theatre where he gave a question-and-answer session after and yes, it was one of the most amazing pieces of television I've ever seen.

Thats the one, a couple of friends said it was interesting, I couldn't of watched that as I have some problem with death, I can watch surgeries being done on tv but the thought of them being dead and seeing them, no way not for me.

Hope you are well Spot :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SuzyB;1212893 wrote: Talking of autopsies, did anyone in the UK watch a show on the tv where they were performing live autopsies in front of an audience? I couldn't watch it but a couple of friends did, they said they found it interesting.:thinking:
Are you refering to the ' Gunther von Hagens' who wears the hat and looks like kieth Richards on a bad day? He exhibits real bodies that have been removed of all flesh and plasticised.

I watched the whole series and it was indeed fascinating.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

Odie;1212892 wrote: The only reason you posted such tastelessness is because you hate MJ. ;)

No, I never hated MJ, nor do I now and it's interesting that you think so just because of what you call a tasteless post. I just do not revere, worship or stand in awe of him as some people with such limited interests.
SuzyB

M J Autopsy

Post by SuzyB »

Actually Spot I think I was on about the one Oscar just said :o:o I really should start paying more attention to fine details :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think if I didn't have such a problem with death I'd of probably been able to watch it but if I saw a real dead person that'd leave me really disturbed :-3:-3

farmer giles

M J Autopsy

Post by farmer giles »

SuzyB;1212933 wrote: Actually Spot I think I was on about the one Oscar just said :o:o I really should start paying more attention to fine details :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think if I didn't have such a problem with death I'd of probably been able to watch it but if I saw a real dead person that'd leave me really disturbed :-3:-3

yup the sight of a stiff does that to her :thinking::thinking:
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

farmer giles;1212935 wrote: yup the sight of a stiff does that to her :thinking::thinking:
She has no worry of that with you then.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

SuzyB;1212933 wrote: Actually Spot I think I was on about the one Oscar just said :o:o I really should start paying more attention to fine details :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think if I didn't have such a problem with death I'd of probably been able to watch it but if I saw a real dead person that'd leave me really disturbed :-3:-3 Monday night on tv there's going to be an autopsy of a whale.

Just thought i'd mention it.
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

Lon;1212931 wrote: No, I never hated MJ, nor do I now and it's interesting that you think so just because of what you call a tasteless post. I just do not revere, worship or stand in awe of him as some people with such limited interests. So pray tell dear Lon....... if some-one finds Mj's music and dance genious, why do they have limited interest? As Rap said, i'd much rather watch MJ dance than read what you've had for dinner.
SuzyB

M J Autopsy

Post by SuzyB »

oscar;1212940 wrote: Monday night on tv there's going to be an autopsy of a whale.

Just thought i'd mention it.

I could watch that as long as it don't interfere with Britain's Next Top Model :wah:

Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

Autopsy------only view if over age 45

Attached files
SuzyB

M J Autopsy

Post by SuzyB »

Lon;1212950 wrote: Autopsy------only view if over age 45

That just nearly made me sick you could of just put a link with a warning, thats horrible:mad:

Bruv

M J Autopsy

Post by Bruv »

Inappropriate post......dontcha think Lon ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

And this is acceptable I suppose----MJ----Thriller

Attached files
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

How about this one-----is it acceptable?

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

Lon;1212950 wrote: Autopsy------only view if over age 45

why's he got a banana in there?
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

Lon;1212955 wrote: And this is acceptable I suppose----MJ----Thriller
Fantastic :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:driving::driving:
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

The autopsy isn't even real-----it's a plastic dummy that is used to demonstrate. Wanna see the real thing?
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

oscar;1212959 wrote: why's he got a banana in there?

It's not a banana, it's a plastic liver.
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

his best video!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

oscar;1212959 wrote: why's he got a banana in there?

they're hard to digest!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

M J Autopsy

Post by chonsigirl »

Here's a virtual cow's eye dissection, use this with the students all the time.

Virtual eye Dissection: The Anatomy of an Eye
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1212990 wrote: Here's a virtual cow's eye dissection, use this with the students all the time.

Virtual eye Dissection: The Anatomy of an Eye

cool!:guitarist:guitarist

now I know where the retina is.

my brother started out with a detached retina....long story short, he had a retina transplant last year......it will take 3 - 5 years to see if the retina was accepted.
chonsigirl

M J Autopsy

Post by chonsigirl »

I had a student who was blind, she did the eye dissection with the rest of the class, to understand why she blind. It was a moving experience to watch.
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1212995 wrote: I had a student who was blind, she did the eye dissection with the rest of the class, to understand why she blind. It was a moving experience to watch.

I can only imagine what it was like for her.
Nomad

M J Autopsy

Post by Nomad »

How did you get a photo of him after decomposition. Coroner a friend or something ?

I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

M J Autopsy

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Can we just let this thread rest in peace.

Thank you.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

It would have died if you had not replied. Nomad's post prior to yours was over 24 hours old.
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1213186 wrote: Can we just let this thread rest in peace.

Thank you.

amen
Nomad

M J Autopsy

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1213209 wrote: amen

I know ! Why keep adding to the thread ? Its not constructive.

How do you feel about it Oddy ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1213211 wrote: I know ! Why keep adding to the thread ? Its not constructive.

How do you feel about it Oddy ?

you just added to it!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

M J Autopsy

Post by Sunshine »

the end
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

spot;1212740 wrote: That, surely, is the reason it's all so utterly trivial. Celebrities are the creation of the mass markets, consumers of celebrity are society's illness, "unique" or "genius" are the most abused words in the language. If people spent more time thinking and less time consuming we'd all have a far better environment. What Michael Jackson purveyed was dismal, trite and corrupting of moral health, and I'm not talking about his bedtime habits I'm talking about his "entertainment".

OMG! For once I actually agree with you spot!!! I never knew this day would come!! :wah:
farmer giles

M J Autopsy

Post by farmer giles »

shelbell;1213248 wrote: OMG! For once I actually agree with you spot!!! I never knew this day would come!! :wah:

OMG i'm actually agreeing with you agreeing with spot :):)
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1212704 wrote: There is no point other than to upset his fans. My brother's baby girl died two years ago and she had to have an autopsy. Thanks for the memories Lon :-5

You know oscar, my husband died just under four months ago. They did an autopsy on him...but that's not what I remember about him. I WISH they would have done a second one on him because of right now, I have no idea why he died. Just because he was a "nobody" to anyone but his family and friends means that it's less important to find out why he died compared to MJ? Not to me or anyone I know.
farmer giles

M J Autopsy

Post by farmer giles »

shelbell;1213256 wrote: You know oscar, my husband died just under four months ago. They did an autopsy on him...but that's not what I remember about him. I WISH they would have done a second one on him because of right now, I have no idea why he died. Just because he was a "nobody" to anyone but his family and friends means that it's less important to find out why he died compared to MJ? Not to me or anyone I know.

i really feel for you shellybelly

when my daughter died they had to do one ,though the thought of them doing that to my daughters little body ,they had to do it to not only find out what killed her it might also of helped some other parent not having to go through this type of thing

and your husband was not a nobody and you are right they should of done a second autopsy so maybe they could of saved other lives as well :(:(:(
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

farmer giles;1213258 wrote: i really feel for you shellybelly

when my daughter died they had to do one ,though the thought of them doing that to my daughters little body ,they had to do it to not only find out what killed her it might also of helped some other parent not having to go through this type of thing

and your husband was not a nobody and you are right they should of done a second autopsy so maybe they could of saved other lives as well :(:(:(

I just don't understand why people think it's so damned important to do multiple autopsies on someone just to find out exactly how many drugs they died from. It should be more important to find the reason someone has died, and like you said, hopefully to help medicine along to help others. To me, it's just that simple.

An autopsy is not a pleasant thing to think about being done to your loved one, but if you're like me at all, that's not how I remember them. Remember them with your love and your pain at not having them long enough. :-1
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

shelbell;1213260 wrote: I just don't understand why people think it's so damned important to do multiple autopsies on someone just to find out exactly how many drugs they died from. It should be more important to find the reason someone has died, and like you said, hopefully to help medicine along to help others. To me, it's just that simple.

An autopsy is not a pleasant thing to think about being done to your loved one, but if you're like me at all, that's not how I remember them. Remember them with your love and your pain at not having them long enough. :-1
Shelly, I'm so sorry about your husband. I can not go into details so this may make no sense at all. Very often a 2nd autopsy can find something the first missed if there is a possibility of criminal charges. For example, a murder victem may have seen brutaly kicked in the first autopsy, but the 2nd could find brittle bones due to long term illness. If there is any possibility that a criminal charge is to be brought, a 2nd autopsy is vital. The Jackson family suspect foul play so it's their right to ask for a 2nd autopsy by their own appointed people.
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1213263 wrote: Shelly, I'm so sorry about your husband. I can not go into details so this may make no sense at all. Very often a 2nd autopsy can find something the first missed if there is a possibility of criminal charges. For example, a murder victem may have seen brutaly kicked in the first autopsy, but the 2nd could find brittle bones due to long term illness. If there is any possibility that a criminal charge is to be brought, a 2nd autopsy is vital. The Jackson family suspect foul play so it's their right to ask for a 2nd autopsy by their own appointed people.

To me a second autopsy shouldn't just be because someone suspects foul play. To me it is only to find the cause of death. The Jacksons have the money to pay for a second...I don't. So my daughters and I have to live with the fact that we will never know why my love died. It shouldn't come down to who has the money to pay for it...it should be done because it's the right thing to do. At least that family will "know"...something I never will.
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

shelbell;1213256 wrote: You know oscar, my husband died just under four months ago. They did an autopsy on him...but that's not what I remember about him. I WISH they would have done a second one on him because of right now, I have no idea why he died. Just because he was a "nobody" to anyone but his family and friends means that it's less important to find out why he died compared to MJ? Not to me or anyone I know.

If there was a autopsy the Death Certificate should list the Primary Cause of Death and what the contributing factors of his death were.
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

Lon;1213343 wrote: If there was a autopsy the Death Certificate should list the Primary Cause of Death and what the contributing factors of his death were.

That's just it Lon, and I hear the same thing from everyone else, except the coroners office. The death certificate reads "undetermined". That's it! They checked everything and cannot tell me why he died. It's extremely frustrating. :-5
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

There are some instances where autopsies are performed by a General Practitioner or General Surgeon, neither of which has the formal training of a Qualified Pathologist with Specialized Training. Generally, large cities with Coroners Offices and most hospitals are staffed with Qualified Pathologists. Los Angeles is well staffed with top notch Pathologists and having a second autopsy on MJ is nothing more than a publicity ploy. Autopsies are the only way to actually determine how a person has died and what the contributing factors were.
ZAP

M J Autopsy

Post by ZAP »

shelbell;1213349 wrote: That's just it Lon, and I hear the same thing from everyone else, except the coroners office. The death certificate reads "undetermined". That's it! They checked everything and cannot tell me why he died. It's extremely frustrating. :-5

I'm very sorry for your loss and for your frustration. I don't understand why there was no listed cause of death.
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

Lon;1213351 wrote: There are some instances where autopsies are performed by a General Practitioner or General Surgeon, neither of which has the formal training of a Qualified Pathologist with Specialized Training. Generally, large cities with Coroners Offices and most hospitals are staffed with Qualified Pathologists. Los Angeles is well staffed with top notch Pathologists and having a second autopsy on MJ is nothing more than a publicity ploy. Autopsies are the only way to actually determine how a person has died and what the contributing factors were.

Our city is around 200,000 and we have a good coroners office...they just couldn't find the cause. He just fell over dead and I found him when I woke up. No explanation is so hard to live with and move on from.
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

Zapata;1213357 wrote: I'm very sorry for your loss and for your frustration. I don't understand why there was no listed cause of death.

Thanks Zapata. You and I both don't understand...and it seems like everyone I talk to doesn't understand either. There had to be something.
Oscar Namechange

M J Autopsy

shelbell;1213265 wrote: To me a second autopsy shouldn't just be because someone suspects foul play. To me it is only to find the cause of death. The Jacksons have the money to pay for a second...I don't. So my daughters and I have to live with the fact that we will never know why my love died. It shouldn't come down to who has the money to pay for it...it should be done because it's the right thing to do. At least that family will "know"...something I never will. I'm not sure on the legalities of it but could you not ask the coroners office for a 2nd autopsy if the first was inconclusive? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's differnt here in britain to the States. I do agree with you that you deserve a 2nd investigation as peace of mind is everything.
shelbell

M J Autopsy

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1213385 wrote: I'm not sure on the legalities of it but could you not ask the coroners office for a 2nd autopsy if the first was inconclusive? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's differnt here in britain to the States. I do agree with you that you deserve a 2nd investigation as peace of mind is everything.

Not a dumb question. The only way to get a second autopsy would be to pay for it. Plus, after all this time, I would never even consider exhuming his body for my own sake. It just wouldn't be right.
Lon

M J Autopsy

Post by Lon »

shelbell;1213379 wrote: Our city is around 200,000 and we have a good coroners office...they just couldn't find the cause. He just fell over dead and I found him when I woke up. No explanation is so hard to live with and move on from.

Had your husband been under the care of a doctor or had he seen a doctor recently? Was he taking any medications? Not listing a cause of death or stating that the cause of death is undetermined could be considered an attempt to protect someone.
farmer giles

M J Autopsy

Post by farmer giles »

shelbell;1213392 wrote: Not a dumb question. The only way to get a second autopsy would be to pay for it. Plus, after all this time, I would never even consider exhuming his body for my own sake. It just wouldn't be right.

my thoughts are with you bellyshelly :-6:-6
Odie

M J Autopsy

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1213392 wrote: Not a dumb question. The only way to get a second autopsy would be to pay for it. Plus, after all this time, I would never even consider exhuming his body for my own sake. It just wouldn't be right.

and that decision was yours and you made the right one sis.:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”