The Corries

sharedfastlane

The Corries

Post by sharedfastlane »

I'm trying to find out which of their cassettes, yes going back a bit, had , amongst others, these songs: ( Or perhaps it was merely a Scottish folk compilation thing)

Jock O'Hazeldean and Kate Dalrymple.
gmc

The Corries

Post by gmc »

sharedfastlane;1217983 wrote: I'm trying to find out which of their cassettes, yes going back a bit, had , amongst others, these songs: ( Or perhaps it was merely a Scottish folk compilation thing)

Jock O'Hazeldean and Kate Dalrymple.

There's a 1980 compilation entitled "the corries" that has kate dalrymple, jock o'hazeldean appears on some of the other compilations they made.

The Corries - 21st Anniversary Concert (DVD) - MusicScotland

you'll find jock of hazeldean here.

The Corries – Discover music, videos, concerts, & pictures at Last.fm

They made hundreds of recording most of which you can find digitally re-mastered. A lot of them are traditional scot's songs-they played a major role in reviving interest in them. Why cassettes in particular?
sharedfastlane

The Corries

Post by sharedfastlane »

[ Why cassettes in particular?

Thanks.

Wanted to find the original I used to wear out listening to then track ( Haha) it down on C. D. Not sure I can really remember the cover. Haunting stuff some of it. Seem like regular guys too.
gmc

The Corries

Post by gmc »

sharedfastlane;1218316 wrote: [ Why cassettes in particular?

Thanks.

Wanted to find the original I used to wear out listening to then track ( Haha) it down on C. D. Not sure I can really remember the cover. Haunting stuff some of it. Seem like regular guys too.

They did right their own-like this one for instance.

YouTube - The Corries Flower of Scotland (1975 ???)

Return to “General Music”