What's your weather like today?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Barman

Post by Barman »

qsducks;1228251 wrote: raining?:confused:

Yup, cats and dogs.
Barman

Post by Barman »

Wettest July since 1914 i hasten to add.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hot down here too duckie. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Barman;1228267 wrote: Wettest July since 1914 i hasten to add.

wow, same here, been 125 years since we had so much rain.
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1228277 wrote: Hot down here too duckie. :-6

just a nice day to hang out in the air conditioning & have a cold one later:wah:
cabbage patch guy

Post by cabbage patch guy »

not here in the uk its pretty wet,,, always rain in liverpool they should call it the pool:-5
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

It's hazy, hot and a humid 94ºF.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

95F at the beach and 100% humidity...yuk:mad:
Oops

Post by Oops »

Raining here :-2
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Oops;1228354 wrote: Raining here :-2

Had rain yesterday and overnight. Too much rain this summer if you ask me. :p And another severe t-storm heading our way within the next few hours again.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1228350 wrote: 95F at the beach and 100% humidity...yuk:mad:

same as here, the humidity should break a bit overnight.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I don't see any thunderstorms down here yet, I guess I'll have to take out the trash after all........
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1228378 wrote: I don't see any thunderstorms down here yet, I guess I'll have to take out the trash after all........

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

do you have a/c Chonsi?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, but I am a cheap skate this summer. Window a/c, not central air on this summer. So upstairs bedrooms are 100+ I think, I don't do my exercises in them, but the kids sleep in them. I told them to sleep out in the living room, we would camp out for a few nights.

I think I need to have the system fixed, but am afraid of the cost. The heat will pass, it is winter I worry about. I cannot have $550+ /month bills again, I don't know what I am going to do. I signed up for extra work after school this year, to pay for electric bills. :-1

Yesterday, I really was hot, which is unusual for me. I think borderline heat stroke stuff, I behaved last night when it was really hot. I will have to rethink it, and ask tomorrow the guys at church if they know someone who can come out and look at it. I tried the new thermostat, that wasn't the problem.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1228388 wrote: Yes, but I am a cheap skate this summer. Window a/c, not central air on this summer. So upstairs bedrooms are 100+ I think, I don't do my exercises in them, but the kids sleep in them. I told them to sleep out in the living room, we would camp out for a few nights.

I think I need to have the system fixed, but am afraid of the cost. The heat will pass, it is winter I worry about. I cannot have $550+ /month bills again, I don't know what I am going to do. I signed up for extra work after school this year, to pay for electric bills. :-1

Yesterday, I really was hot, which is unusual for me. I think borderline heat stroke stuff, I behaved last night when it was really hot. I will have to rethink it, and ask tomorrow the guys at church if they know someone who can come out and look at it. I tried the new thermostat, that wasn't the problem.

I don't blame you, as I have to cut down on the a/c this summer also, have hardly had it on.....and learn to live with fans.

but here, even is you have central air, it never reaches the upstairs.....I am thankful I am in a bungalow.

Great idea asking others if they know someone, I know its only a few days a year, but I found yesterday and today....unbearable.

wow, that's an expensive electricity bill!

are you on gas or electric heating?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

All electric, that is expensive. I had gas heating in the West, so much better and cheaper.

I said no space heaters this winter, but that probably won't last. (probably me first) I can only layer so much, than not move. We shall see what happens.
Peg

Post by Peg »

After a hot, humid day, we got some much needed rain this evening. The storms went all around us. :D I'm betting gardens are happy now.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1228422 wrote: All electric, that is expensive. I had gas heating in the West, so much better and cheaper.

I said no space heaters this winter, but that probably won't last. (probably me first) I can only layer so much, than not move. We shall see what happens.

that's why your bill is so high when its electric.

my x mother-in-law has electrric.....in the winter, the only rad she has on is the living room.....omg...the entire house is freezing.......

she's used to it all budlled up, we went bundled up and still froze.....she uses her electric blanket at night......her bill was just way to high.

don't you have rads in the rooms?
Oops

Post by Oops »

Its still raining :-2
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

First time I've seen the sun in a while. Should really head to the beach, it maybe our only window of opportunity :wah:

No, I have to go to the dentist instead, should have made the appointment for a rainy day it seems. :thinking:
Oops

Post by Oops »

Betty Boop;1228548 wrote: First time I've seen the sun in a while. Should really head to the beach, it maybe our only window of opportunity :wah:

No, I have to go to the dentist instead, should have made the appointment for a rainy day it seems. :thinking:

oooh check up or treatment? :p
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oops;1228549 wrote: oooh check up or treatment? :p

Raging toothache all weekend, so treatment that will combine a check up as I am on a huge waiting list for an NHS dentist. This one's private so no doubt will have a huge bill. Not sure whether it's the thought of sitting in the chair or the cost that's making me feel so sick now, I'll be in the chair within the hour :-1 (God, I'm such a wimp, although these private dentists are so much better with you if you're scared witless)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

got, humid & 91F with a t-storm later today, supposed to be hot the entire week & weekend...pool for the kids.
Oops

Post by Oops »

Betty Boop;1228551 wrote: Raging toothache all weekend, so treatment that will combine a check up as I am on a huge waiting list for an NHS dentist. This one's private so no doubt will have a huge bill. Not sure whether it's the thought of sitting in the chair or the cost that's making me feel so sick now, I'll be in the chair within the hour :-1 (God, I'm such a wimp, although these private dentists are so much better with you if you're scared witless)

We've got that many NHS dentists up here we are all falling all over each other! So unfair for you guys :mad:

Good luck! Although you probably wont read this until you come back, and i bet its not half as bad as your expecting it to be! ;)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Oops;1228559 wrote: We've got that many NHS dentists up here we are all falling all over each other! So unfair for you guys :mad:

Good luck! Although you probably wont read this until you come back, and i bet its not half as bad as your expecting it to be! ;)

Its hot again..its so stinking hot, there is no point at going to the beach unless you are sitting right on the water:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oh I can breathe!:D

less humidity and 25C!
Barman

Post by Barman »

Gorgeous sunny evening, firework display on Plymouth Hoe later. Could have sat on the decking and watched it from there if i hadn't forgot it was on and went and sprayed the entire decking with a protecting wax about two hours ago.:wah:

Could watch from the window, mustn't open it though, bloody smell is horrendous.
minks

Post by minks »

20C with a threat of rain (conversion 70F with droplets pending):o
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

finally the temp is going down a bit...like from 92/f to 89F:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

minks;1228858 wrote: 20C with a threat of rain (conversion 70F with droplets pending):o

Odie likes that temp!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

a nice 25C and no humidity...........whoopee!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

86F with humidity...partly sunny
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ducky,

Did you get the storm????? It's supposed to thunder/lightning at 7 PM and it's here NOW.....lots of thunder/lightning/rain...had to run outside and batten down the hatches again...:p

Oy vey....weather channel is hardly ever right:thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Odie;1229234 wrote: a nice 25C and no humidity...........whoopee!

spoke to soon!

thunderstorms and rain now!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
cabbage patch guy

Post by cabbage patch guy »

pretty cloudy but no wott the weather man said heavy rain all day,,,, so its a bonus

still warm... just been to the baths and sauna with me oldest son only stayed 1 hour he wanted to get out for a smoke ,,,, i gave them cough in nail up 3 years ago but i still chew the nicotine gum so we when home ,,,,,
Odie

Post by Odie »

cabbage patch guy;1229262 wrote: pretty cloudy but no wott the weather man said heavy rain all day,,,, so its a bonus

still warm... just been to the baths and sauna with me oldest son only stayed 1 hour he wanted to get out for a smoke ,,,, i gave them cough in nail up 3 years ago but i still chew the nicotine gum so we when home ,,,,,

I find it depressing when its always cloudy.

good for you on giving up cigarettes.....the nicotine gum is a life saver.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

well it's been trying to rain here all week! :-5 :)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Steamy.

Fair to partly miserable with a chance of passing intolerable.
I AM AWESOME MAN
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

68 and a thunderboomie going on.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

71 right now, a lovely summer morning. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1229447 wrote: 71 right now, a lovely summer morning. :-6

22C here, and a lovely summer morning!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

30C later with high humity.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

It will be hot later, but I took my car into the shop. I got a spiffy loaner car, I will put on the air full blast if Igo anywhere in it! :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

80F, very low humidity & have opened all the windows. Cloudy & darn it we didn't get to see the meteor shower last night...rain.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1229451 wrote: It will be hot later, but I took my car into the shop. I got a spiffy loaner car, I will put on the air full blast if Igo anywhere in it! :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

one place I worked at.......no a/c.....sat in my a/c car for awhile when I was on lunch!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Rained last night, sunny with puffy cumulus clouds today - might shower at any time, still quite humid, gentle breeze. Very pleasant on the whole. Forecast poor.

Haven't had a thunderstorm for a week or so - could do with a few more to clear the air (though not on the truly spectacular scale you folk across the Pond seem to be getting!).
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1229461 wrote: Rained last night, sunny with puffy cumulus clouds today - might shower at any time, still quite humid, gentle breeze. Very pleasant on the whole. Forecast poor.

Haven't had a thunderstorm for a week or so - could do with a few more to clear the air (though not on the truly spectacular scale you folk across the Pond seem to be getting!).

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

ours has been a wrotten summer, rain heavy every 2 days, now, no rain for a week.........I will gladly send you some.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
abbey

Post by abbey »

39c here in Spain and I feel like I'm blummin melting!
Odie

Post by Odie »

abbey;1229463 wrote: 39c here in Spain and I feel like I'm blummin melting!

omg Abbey, that's just horrid.

I keep taking cold showers and it feels soooooooo good!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Hope you enjoy your holiday!:guitarist
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I keep taking cold showers and it feels soooooooo good!

Ok, you talked me into it. See you later!

(Hope you're having a good time on holiday, Abbey.):-6
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1229452 wrote: 80F, very low humidity & have opened all the windows. Cloudy & darn it we didn't get to see the meteor shower last night...rain.
Nice that you have caught a break Ducky. 80 here right now...humidity-51%. Not opening the windows for that just yet. Sheesh, almost Autumn, where did the summer go? :-3:confused:

Return to “General Chit Chat”