New member :o)

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Oops

Post by Oops »

oscar;1226812 wrote: It was not a waltz.... I saw it more as a tango or fox trot.

I have two left feet so it was more of a kind of shuffle if im honest :p
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Guys - It's been mega tough but I've managed to diffuse the issue and break up what could have been a very nasty situation.

The Spiders of the World Liberty Equality Fraternity Foundation (SWLEFF) had apparently decided to picket this thread which they felt showed a lack of understanding towards Arachnoids, who, just want to go about their business, making pretty webs, raising their kids and snacking on the occasional bug. They felt their rights to life liberty and the pursooot of happiness had been somehow dissed. They just want to be loved, to be your friend.

Anyway, they have agreed to go quietly back where they came from, as long as the brother held by the evil Fuzzy is released forthwith and a small but extremely reasonable in all the circumstances amount of damages is paid. Five thousand Scottish pounds and the rights to the any Bonnie Banks or Bonnie Braes in the Loch Lomond vicinity should be sent without delay to AussiePam Taking Care of Business Co, Bahamas.

No need to thank me effusively. I like to be of service.

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AussiePam;1226971 wrote: Guys - It's been mega tough but I've managed to diffuse the issue and break up what could have been a very nasty situation.

The Spiders of the World Liberty Equality Fraternity Foundation (SWLEFF) had apparently decided to picket this thread which they felt showed a lack of understanding towards Arachnoids, who, just want to go about their business, making pretty webs, raising their kids and snacking on the occasional bug. They felt their rights to life liberty and the pursooot of happiness had been somehow dissed. They just want to be loved, to be your friend.

Anyway, they have agreed to go quietly back where they came from, as long as the brother held by the evil Fuzzy is released forthwith and a small but extremely reasonable in all the circumstances amount of damages is paid. Five thousand Scottish pounds and the rights to the any Bonnie Banks or Bonnie Braes in the Loch Lomond vicinity should be sent without delay to AussiePam Taking Care of Business Co, Bahamas.

No need to thank me effusively. I like to be of service.

I'll have my people talk to your people, That's all I'm willing to offer at this point.

I would also like to state that at this point in time "brother spider " still has all his legs and that no sanctioned torture procedures (ie; subjected to magnifying glass on a sunny day) has been implemented. But I am unable to confirm that this will not be carried out in the near future.

Conferring with Kim Jong-il on the diplomatic issues arising from this transfer of prisoner as we speak.
Oops

Post by Oops »

:yh_rotfl
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Look Fuzz - you and I are both fair dinkum true blueish aussie shielas, capeesh. We can sort this out in the usual amicable way... but maybe without the mudwrassling sideline. Personally I don't mind if you get a little bit creative, but no marks on da bro. Psychological stuff only. Leave him in the dark, torment him with constant buzzing insects, drip honey onto his goolies.. enjoy. Then drop him back in the Garden, and I'll see you get a small commission for your trouble. :sneaky:

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Hi Oops

Welcome to the Garden:-6

Sorry Im a tad late, ive been up in Acharacle on me holidays..Its on the Ardnamurchan peninsula..Loch Shiel in the West Highlands. It was awesome, total bliss...:-4
Oops

Post by Oops »

Chezzie;1227901 wrote: Hi Oops

Welcome to the Garden:-6

Sorry Im a tad late, ive been up in Acharacle on me holidays..Its on the Ardnamurchan peninsula..Loch Shiel in the West Highlands. It was awesome, total bliss...:-4

Hiya and thanks for the welcome :D

the West Highlands are gorgeous! i love it up that way :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1227911 wrote: Hiya and thanks for the welcome :D

the West Highlands are gorgeous! i love it up that way :-4

hey, what about Canada?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1227973 wrote: hey, what about Canada?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:wah:

We were actually booked to go to Canada for our honeymoon 3 years ago, but sadly we had to cancel :-1

There are two counties in the world that i hope to visit at some point in my life, Canada and the other is New Zealand :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1227979 wrote: :wah:

We were actually booked to go to Canada for our honeymoon 3 years ago, but sadly we had to cancel :-1

There are two counties in the world that i hope to visit at some point in my life, Canada and the other is New Zealand :D

I was just joking you!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I still want to see Australia.

but, I don't fly!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1227982 wrote: I was just joking you!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I still want to see Australia.

but, I don't fly!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:p

i've never flown and that's partly why we had to cancel :o

its something i'll regret forever, unless we get to go one day!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1227988 wrote: :p

i've never flown and that's partly why we had to cancel :o

its something i'll regret forever, unless we get to go one day!

I did fly, many years ago, but had a few scary flights.

don't regret it, just get out there and do it.;)
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1227991 wrote: I did fly, many years ago, but had a few scary flights.

don't regret it, just get out there and do it.;)

Your absolutely right and i really wish i was that type of person!

Whenever i get an urge to try something new or out of the ordinary, i tend to analyse it that much and worry if im doing the right thing or not, that before i know it ive talked myself out of it again lol :-2
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1228026 wrote: Your absolutely right and i really wish i was that type of person!

Whenever i get an urge to try something new or out of the ordinary, i tend to analyse it that much and worry if im doing the right thing or not, that before i know it ive talked myself out of it again lol :-2

try and not analyze so much.......do some research first on what your going to do.'

here's me giving you advice and I won't fly either!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1228063 wrote: try and not analyze so much.......do some research first on what your going to do.'

here's me giving you advice and I won't fly either!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

lol! :yh_rotfl :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1228102 wrote: lol! :yh_rotfl :D

don't we make a good pair?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1228134 wrote: don't we make a good pair?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

hehe we sure do :wah:
cars

Post by cars »

Hi Oops, welcome, you're gonna love in here I'm sure! :)

I hate spiders as well, once being bitten on the forearm by a "Brown Recluse" in my sleep. Had to go the E/R the next morning, (as the bite area was swollen & had a "red line" going up my arm) to have the bite area cut & cleaned out. And then got some kind (think it may have been hemogloblin) of injection! :wah:
Cars :)
Oops

Post by Oops »

cars;1228151 wrote: Hi Oops, welcome, you're gonna love in here I'm sure! :)

I hate spiders as well, once being bitten on the forearm by a "Brown Recluse" in my sleep. Had to go the E/R the next morning, (as the bite area was swollen & had a "red line" going up my arm) to have the bite area cut & cleaned out. And then got some kind (think it may have been hemogloblin) of injection! :wah:

Thanks Cars! Im finding this place really addictive already! I dont know how im going to cope when i go back to work on Wednesday and cant pop on every two minutes!

Ouch! that sounded painful. A lot of times when people get bitten they are in bed which really worries me! The thought of having company of the eight legged kind in the middle of the night gives me the willies! :eek:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1228188 wrote: Thanks Cars! Im finding this place really addictive already! I dont know how im going to cope when i go back to work on Wednesday and cant pop on every two minutes!

Ouch! that sounded painful. A lot of times when people get bitten they are in bed which really worries me! The thought of having company of the eight legged kind in the middle of the night gives me the willies! :eek:

your going back to work?

noooooooooooo!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oops

Post by Oops »

Odie;1228228 wrote: your going back to work?

noooooooooooo!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:-1

i guess i could just hand in my notice :wah:
Swimming maggie

Post by Swimming maggie »

Oops;1226218 wrote: Hello everyone :-3

Just joined and thought i'd say hi properly *waves*

My name is Lynn, im 35 and live in Loch Lomond, Scotland with my hubby and our pets. Ive been mad about animals since i was a wee lassie and well basically i prefer them to children so thats what we have instead! Luckily my other half agrees, at least he did when we met 10 years ago, perhaps i should double check he still feels the same :wah:

I work as a dental nurse and have done since i left school (which wasnt yesterday sadly) and ive seen some sights over the years that would make your toes curl! :lips:

When im not working or playing with my furry friends i can usually be found watching a horror film while eating large quantities of chocolate. Two of my most favourite things :-4

I have a terrible phobia of spiders which leads back to something awful that happened when i was a wee girl, and im allergic to cling film :o Im also extremely accident prone and could hurt myself in an empty room (hence the nickname)

Anyway i joined this forum in the hope of making some new friends so im off for a good nosey round the place! :D

Hi and welcome to FG, hope you enjoy your stay here:-6
Oops

Post by Oops »

Swimming maggie;1228273 wrote: Hi and welcome to FG, hope you enjoy your stay here:-6

thank you :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oops;1228237 wrote: :-1

i guess i could just hand in my notice :wah:

yes just tell them you are busy now with cyber friends!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Odie;1228283 wrote: yes just tell them you are busy now with cyber friends!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oops;1228188 wrote: A lot of times when people get bitten they are in bed which really worries me! The thought of having company of the eight legged kind in the middle of the night gives me the willies! :eek:

Hmmm . . . cybering and in bed with the willies . . . you're gonna shock the socks off everyone in Loch Lomond young lady! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oops

Post by Oops »

Rapunzel;1228390 wrote: Hmmm . . . cybering and in bed with the willies . . . you're gonna shock the socks off everyone in Loch Lomond young lady! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Lol! :p :o :D
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yup - getting bitten in bed is definitely unseemly in this family forum!!!

And as for mentioning willies in the same breath.. next you'll be getting out the superglue - hey, actually we could stick the arachnoid legs together and then fling them into Loch Lomond. A proper highland fling in fact but I digress....)

It is my duty - albeit a distasteful and sad one - to call for moderators to sanitise the inappropriate language in this thread.

Oops

Post by Oops »

AussiePam;1228529 wrote: Yup - getting bitten in bed is definitely unseemly in this family forum!!!

And as for mentioning willies in the same breath.. next you'll be getting out the superglue - hey, actually we could stick the arachnoid legs together and then fling them into Loch Lomond. A proper highland fling in fact but I digress....)

It is my duty - albeit a distasteful and sad one - to call for moderators to sanitise the inappropriate language in this thread.

:wah: :p
daunyricy

Post by daunyricy »

Hello!

Welcome to this forum. Enjoy this forum. :guitarist
:guitarist The link in your signature has been removed. :guitarist
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Oops;1227979 wrote: :wah:

I have no idea who this guy is...maybe it's Nomad...but anyways...the City of Brotherly Love should be a grerat destinationh in the summer...Philadelphia, PA
Oops

Post by Oops »

Looks fantastic! :D

We actually got onto the subject of trying again for another honeymoon maybe next year.

Need to get saving the pennies :D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Oops;1228627 wrote: Looks fantastic! :D

We actually got onto the subject of trying again for another honeymoon maybe next year.

Need to get saving the pennies :D

We just took a 2 week holiday in Ireland back in June..the wweather was outstanding except in Donegal where it rained alot:-5, it was warmer down in Killarney & I loved Galway.:-4
Oops

Post by Oops »

Sounds fab!

Ireland is beautiful :-4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Love is just a four letter word. Here's the New York one!!!

Attached files

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

AussiePam;1228867 wrote: Love is just a four letter word. Here's the New York one!!!

Never knew there was the same Love statue in NY Pammie. Although I doubt they have the clothespin.
Odie

Post by Odie »

good luck on your first day back!
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Hiya Oops, welcome to FG.

I'm a tad late I see but I've been a way for awhile.

Nice to meet ya :-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Nice peg, Duckie. And I don't think I've ever seen one of those anywhere in statue mode. I wonder what inspired the artist? Domestic bliss maybe?

I kind of miss my outdoor clothesline, now I'm in an apartment. Nothing quite like the smell of sunbleached linen. I don't use a dryer often, but it's annoying to have to drape wet washing around the lounge room. Luckily everything dries pretty fast in Sydney.

Frinstance, in Canberra it would have taken me two weeks to fully dry my ski clothes - the insides of my boots, gloves, coat, etc - even with fire on, drying cabinet above fire etc. Here - one day!!!! Amazing. And I've not had any kind of heater on all winter.

----

Sorry - that kind of digressed a bit from Oooops's intro... has anyone intro'd her to the delights of regrigerating (or not) butter yet????

Return to “Introductions”