Gas Shortage?

Discuss the latest political news.
DesignerGal

Gas Shortage?

Post by DesignerGal »

My family was planning to come up from Atlanta to Virginia to visit me and they might not. They are worried about gas running out and getting stuck somewhere. IS this a rational concern for the weekend? ANybody out there in NC or SC noticing gas shortages at the stations?

I know about the gouging down there, my dad went to BP (British Petroleum) this morning and it was $ 6.07 per gallon!!!!

Let me know! Thank you!!

HBIC
along-for-the-ride

Gas Shortage?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

No gas shortage here in east Georgia-----------just higher prices and some gas hourding. Prices now around up to $3.49/gallon. But you know what...........those pumps have no cars attached to them. Maybe these stations will get the messege.:driving:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
actionfigurestepho

Gas Shortage?

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I think the Southern states are really going to have to be careful about preserving their gas, obviously due to the flooding and the difficulty getting supplies around. It seems as though those of us who live north or west are only seeing prices raise from fifty cents to a dollar. (I just laughed when I re-read that...prices "only" being raised a dollar!)
Clint

Gas Shortage?

Post by Clint »

I think I heard the President say today that 80% of the capacity lost due to Katrina has been restored.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
nvalleyvee

Gas Shortage?

Post by nvalleyvee »

My money comes from crude oil - produced in the US - and I am NOT making any money past $45.00 a barrell. Our domestic oil is not the sweet crude from Saudi Arabia. The crude that we get from the ground is considered asphalt or asphaltine crude which takes a LOT more refining than the OPEC crude. oil. You people need to get a grip.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
chonsigirl

Gas Shortage?

Post by chonsigirl »

Maryland has some shortages, but I think this will be just temporary.
Clint

Gas Shortage?

Post by Clint »

Seattle has some of the worst traffic conditions in the US.

No matter which city it is we have got to begin accepting and utilizing mass transit. We also need to embrace the idea of mixed use developments where people will live close to where they work.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Adam Zapple

Gas Shortage?

Post by Adam Zapple »

Call me a cynic but I don't believe for a second that there are any crucial shortages. The oil market is a manipulated market. Enough oil could be produced to make it dirt cheap but controlling interests manipulate the output to fit their profit schemes. On top of that, consumers panic at rumor and innuendo and rush to fill every container but the bathtub with gas therefore creating a temporary shortage and spiked prices. If everyone would just buy what the need, we wouldn't be having these shortages. BTW, gas has gone down about 25 cents per gal in the last week here after spiking at over $3.00. The lowest in town is at $2.59
Bez

Gas Shortage?

Post by Bez »

Petrol (gas) has reached the highest ever price in the UK this week. The Road hauliers are threatening to blockade the refineries next week. While I sympathise with their cause...when they've done this before, it's caused chaos and Jo Public suffers....loads of panic buying etc.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “Current Political Events”