Hello from Michigan

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Mariposa Traicionera

Hello from Michigan

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Hi, I'm Mel. I live in Michigan in the US with my 14yo DD. I also have a 22yo DD and 2 DGDs, 4yo and 2yo. I'm a liberal, vegan, lesbian, secular humanist. My mom is so proud. :)
chonsigirl

Hello from Michigan

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Mariposa, welcome to FG.
hoppy

Hello from Michigan

Post by hoppy »

Wow. A liberal, vegan, lesbian, secular humanist. All at once? Imagine that, if ya kin.
qsducks

Hello from Michigan

Post by qsducks »

Welcome to FG Mel...where in Michigan are you from?
spot

Hello from Michigan

Post by spot »

Mariposa Traicionera;1235728 wrote: I live in Michigan in the US with my 14yo DD. I also have a 22yo DD and 2 DGDs, 4yo and 2yo.They're some sort of Dalmatian?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mariposa Traicionera

Hello from Michigan

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

qsducks - Dearborn, just south of Detroit.

spot - DD = dear daughter.
spot

Hello from Michigan

Post by spot »

Mariposa Traicionera;1235743 wrote: spot - DD = dear daughter.How foolish of me not to have known.

Just leave now, go from flower to flower seducing the pistils and fly near the sun so you feel what pain is.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Rapunzel

Hello from Michigan

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1235737 wrote: They're some sort of Dalmatian?

Lol. DD means Darling Daughter, Spotty-Wotty, not Dotty Dalmatian. :wah:

and 2 DGDs means 2 darling grand daughters, 2 and 4 years old,

but then, ya knew that really didn't ya? :sneaky: :wah:

Edit: Well ya do now, doncha? :wah:

Welcome Treacherous Butterfly, are you a fan of Maná or of all popular pop/rock bands?

I like your name but had never heard of the band or the song, so have just googled it on You Tube. It was really good, I liked the song. I'll have to listen to more of their tracks now. :)

Mariposa Traicionera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Maná - MARIPOSA TRAICIONERA

We have 2 more Mel's on FG (we're becoming very common! ;) :wah: ) one in the UK (that's me :D ) and one from Canada.

Welcome to FG, I hope you have a great time here. :-6
spot

Hello from Michigan

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;1235754 wrote: Lol. DD means Darling Daughter, Spotty-Wotty, not Dotty Dalmatian. :wah:I did think 22 was a bit old for a dog.

You live and learn.
Accountable

Hello from Michigan

Post by Accountable »

hoppy;1235734 wrote: Wow. A liberal, vegan, lesbian, secular humanist. All at once? Imagine that, if ya kin.
Comes as a kit. I've met a few. :)

How ya doin', Mel? Glad you made it!

eta: BTW, we'll likely disagree on everything. :D
Rapunzel

Hello from Michigan

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1235761 wrote: I did think 22 was a bit old for a dog.

You live and learn.

Ohhh, the temptation to make a witty remark about that comment :sneaky: :yh_rotfl

Sadly some folks will take it the wrong way, so I'll just have to restrain myself and be good. ;) :D
buttercup

Hello from Michigan

Post by buttercup »

Hi and welcome.

I also had no idea what a DD or DGD was and i got confused with the whole lesbian thing as you have a daughter. As you brought the subject up i take it its ok to ask if you used to be bi sexual or always been lesbian?

The subject always raises some interesting debates around here. ;)
mrsK

Hello from Michigan

Post by mrsK »

Hello & Welcome:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Snowfire

Hello from Michigan

Post by Snowfire »

Mariposa Traicionera;1235728 wrote: Hi, I'm Mel. I live in Michigan in the US with my 14yo DD. I also have a 22yo DD and 2 DGDs, 4yo and 2yo. I'm a liberal, vegan, lesbian, secular humanist. My mom is so proud. :)

A liberal vegan from Lesbia ? How do you do ?

Nice to meet you
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Mariposa Traicionera

Hello from Michigan

spot;1235750 wrote: How foolish of me not to have known.

Just leave now, go from flower to flower seducing the pistils and fly near the sun so you feel what pain is.I'll get right on that. ;)

Rapunzel;1235754 wrote: Lol. DD means Darling Daughter, Spotty-Wotty, not Dotty Dalmatian. :wah:

and 2 DGDs means 2 darling grand daughters, 2 and 4 years old,

but then, ya knew that really didn't ya? :sneaky: :wah:

Edit: Well ya do now, doncha? :wah:

Welcome Treacherous Butterfly, are you a fan of Maná or of all popular pop/rock bands?

I like your name but had never heard of the band or the song, so have just googled it on You Tube. It was really good, I liked the song. I'll have to listen to more of their tracks now. :)

(had to delete the URLs - MT)

We have 2 more Mel's on FG (we're becoming very common! ;) :wah: ) one in the UK (that's me :D ) and one from Canada.

Welcome to FG, I hope you have a great time here. :-6I am a fan of Maná, but I also enjoy other bands and singers as well. My favorite singer is Richard Shindell, an expat born and Raised in New York and now living in Buenos Aires.

Accountable;1235774 wrote: Comes as a kit. I've met a few. :)

How ya doin', Mel? Glad you made it!

eta: BTW, we'll likely disagree on everything. :DThanks for the heads up. :wah:

buttercup;1235780 wrote: Hi and welcome.

I also had no idea what a DD or DGD was and i got confused with the whole lesbian thing as you have a daughter. As you brought the subject up i take it its ok to ask if you used to be bi sexual or always been lesbian?

The subject always raises some interesting debates around here. ;)
I believe I was always a lesbian, but I was in a heterosexual marriage for 10 long years. My 22yo I had when I was still young and in denial.
Kathy Ellen

Hello from Michigan

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Mel,

Welcome to our garden. Hope you have loads of fun here.

AussiePam

Hello from Michigan

Post by AussiePam »

G'day and welcome o Treacherous Butterfly. May you flutter feistily among the strange plants of this surreal Garden, sipping nectar, liberally crosspollinating etc. Watch out for low flying bats, toxic fungus, and red hatted gnomes. And don't drink the water - it's orgasmic or was that organic. :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

RedGlitter

Hello from Michigan

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi! I see now what your name means, Mariposa. I had asked in another thread before seeing this one. I'm Red, resident animal defender and someone you will either like or loathe as many do here. I look forward to your posts. :)
gmc

Hello from Michigan

Post by gmc »

hello and welcome. I didn't know there were any liberals in america-do you live underground? I have a dalmatian but it's my only claim to fame.
spot

Hello from Michigan

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1235826 wrote: Watch out for low flying batsHe's back?? Tell me it isn't true!

AussiePam wrote: toxic fungusYou missed a thread somewhere - she posted saying the third lot of antibiotics cleared that up.

AussiePam wrote: and red hatted gnomes.Go on, he's just unavoidable.
AussiePam

Hello from Michigan

Post by AussiePam »

Hey I forgot the tarantula!

Seriously though, I wonder if every Garden has somewhere deep in its murky depths a tree of the knowledge of good and evil?????? Complete with slithery snake.

Or even Yggdrasil

An ash I know there stands,

Yggdrasill is its name,

a tall tree, showered

with shining loam.

From there come the dews

that drop in the valleys.

It stands forever green over

Urðr's well

So we get a well as well.. Oh well !!!!!

Time for coffee:sneaky:

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

along-for-the-ride

Hello from Michigan

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello Mariposa! Enjoy your visits with us.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
qsducks

Hello from Michigan

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1236193 wrote: Hello Mariposa! Enjoy your visits with us.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

I was waiting for you to give Mel the welcome mat..didn't see it last night.:wah:
Nomad

Hello from Michigan

Post by Nomad »

Dont you hello from Michigan me sister. The others may fall for that fluff but not me because Im savvy. Know what that means? It means I know stuff. Not just regular stuff but the kind of stuff that others cant even begin to comprehend. If I told you some of the stuff I know you couldnt handle it. Your mind would be blown. Its an awesome thing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Hello from Michigan

Post by Accountable »

:yh_worshp

:yh_ooooo:yh_hypno:yh_ooooo
Mariposa Traicionera

Hello from Michigan

Nomad - mind blown, mission accomplished. :wah:

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. :)

Return to “Introductions”