Taking time off

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Victoria

Taking time off

Post by Victoria »

Not that anyone will miss me anyway but I thought I would make it known...

I am taking some time away..

I cant help it but there are some people here who just give me a headache, they start posts which are deliberatly designed not to debate but to inflame and hurt and anyone offering a different opinion is mercilessly shot down in flames.

I left the forum I used to be on and joined here to get away from that sort of behaviour..

I thought about it yesterday and the fact is I wouldnt normally let these people into my home so why give them the chance via the PC.

I may lurk a while, I may even come back as and when I feel stronger but right now FG is more of a tormentor than a comfort.

I hope things return to normal soon.
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Victoria;1235967 wrote: I cant help it but there are some people here who just give me a headache, they start posts which are deliberatly designed not to debate but to inflame and hurt and anyone offering a different opinion is mercilessly shot down in flames.The only way to improve the site is to name names, show instances, get your problem properly out into the open and have it fixed. You'd be doing everyone a favour that way.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
hoppy

Taking time off

Post by hoppy »

Victoria;1235967 wrote: Not that anyone will miss me anyway but I thought I would make it known...

I cant help it but there are some people here who just give me a headache, they start posts which are deliberatly designed not to debate but to inflame and hurt and anyone offering a different opinion is mercilessly shot down in flames.

I left the forum I used to be on and joined here to get away from that sort of behaviour..

I thought about it yesterday and the fact is I wouldnt normally let these people into my home so why give them the chance via the PC.

I may lurk a while, I may even come back as and when I feel stronger but right now FG is more of a tormentor than a comfort.

Was it my dog thread? If so, I'm sorry it affected you that way but, I have my own horror stories and fears concerning dogs. At any rate, you should stop thinking threads are aimed at you. Don't take them personal. You seem to be a kind, loving and sensitive person. Don't deny this board that.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1235969 wrote: The only way to improve the site is to name names, show instances, get your problem properly out into the open and have it fixed. You'd be doing everyone a favour that way.

Can't be done. Mods are handing out bans, infractions and warnings like smarties.

It's no longer a free board.

You have to watch every word you type or they'll slap you with one of the above.

It's even been said that you can't report mods posts because you'll be in trouble for complaining about them.

I once said they think they're Gods, not mods.

I was wrong, they are untouchable.

:(
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

I've been here 4 1/2 years and never got a thing.

Now 3 infractions/warnings in the past month.

And when people have asked what for - and I've shown them - they've said "Why did you get an infraction for that?"

Nothing I've said was bad.

Nothing worse than I've said here or in the post above.

So these will probably get me another infraction or even a ban.

Why?

What is so bad about what I have said?

Will they say I'm flaming them?

Not true, I'm just commenting on the current situation.

I don't feel I can comment honestly on anything at the moment if it doesn't agree with the mod POV.

It feels like Tombstone's taken a back seat since Anastrophe left and the mods are running wild.

Not all mods, just some.

But they're wielding the power of God on the board and there's nothing you can do or say to disagree with them.

The last board I was on and this happened.

Then one day the mod in charge banned everyone she didn't like.

That left her and one other person!

The board kinda died after that!

I understand why people left now to go to 24.

I didn't want to go at the time but maybe the way this site is going there'll be no choice.

It's a shame!

It feels like the mods have an agenda and they're sticking to it like glue.

I don't know why.

But I do know there is a lot of resentment in the ranks and if they're not careful there will be another huge exodus from FG by good members who have just had enough.

But maybe that IS their agenda?

Who knows.

Some honesty from a mod would be good instead of all their platitudes.

If I am banned for this I want my membership money back.

And then you'll be able to find me at 24, where hopefully I'll be more welcome than I've been here lately.
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

What's 24????
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

Victoria, you make a good point about letting people into your home. Never thought of it that way.

I for one, will miss seeing you here if you decide to go. Who else will help me defend the animals?

To both you and Rapunzel. if you two feel unwelcome, consider this. I am about as desired here as a venereal disease. When I started posting here again, a mess of people told me how happy they were that I was back. Yet the whole time I was gone, not a one ever bothered to contact me to see why I left or to just say hi. There are a mess of other good solid members who have split and that is to FG's considerable loss. We used to have actual discussions around here. I have hope because I saw some good ones yesterday so maybe....if someone doesn't run those new members off too.

As for infractions and bans and that stuff, sure it's irritating when people who are no better than you try to slap your wrist. It's also comical. And you know what, at the end of the day, it doesn't change who you are. All it really was was somebody's ego trip and that's not even worth our pity.

Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

spot;1235969 wrote: The only way to improve the site is to name names, show instances, get your problem properly out into the open and have it fixed. You'd be doing everyone a favour that way.

You little devil.
I AM AWESOME MAN
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

How do I always seem to miss all the real action???

I like it here and don't like seeing the regulars leave, but there must be more going on than what I get involved in.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

mikeinie;1235979 wrote: What's 24????

24HourForums.com
flopstock

Taking time off

Post by flopstock »

Rapunzel;1235971 wrote: Can't be done. Mods are handing out bans, infractions and warnings like smarties.

It's no longer a free board.

You have to watch every word you type or they'll slap you with one of the above.

It's even been said that you can't report mods posts because you'll be in trouble for complaining about them.

I once said they think they're Gods, not mods.

I was wrong, they are untouchable.

:(

Name one instance. There hasn't been one since I've been back there. And that's a fact! That's the beauty of statements like yours. It's even been said, is all the fact that is required, isn't it?:rolleyes:

#1 If you complain about a mod, it is handed off to TS, if requested. The mod pit has no involvement after that.

#2 If you complain about a mod to the mod area, the mod in question doesn't comment on the report unless asked a question by the other mods. If the mods can't resolve an issue they pass it on up the line to TS.

Just because folks are sure, in their own mind, that they have forever damaged their existence in the garden amongst the mods... sorry, very few and very very far between.

We don't moderate folks we can't stand. Unfortunately, I can stand just about everyone the same.:D But seriously, I reported a post the other day... Diane the member, not diane the mod. Guess what... nothing. Not even a PM telling me nothing was being done. ********!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl But my actual point is, that although I am without doubt their favorite co-mod... it got me nothing.

It's a real pisser that I have to agree with them when I think about it..:p

But please also note that I didn't go off and infract the post just because I thought it was horse**** on a stick..:lips:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

Taking time off

Post by Snowfire »

Rapunzel;1235975 wrote: I've been here 4 1/2 years and never got a thing.

And when people have asked what for - and I've shown them - they've said "Why did you get an infraction for that?"

Why?

I don't feel I can comment honestly on anything at the moment if it doesn't agree with the mod POV.

It feels like Tombstone's taken a back seat since Anastrophe left and the mods are running wild.

Not all mods, just some.

But they're wielding the power of God on the board and there's nothing you can do or say to disagree with them.

I didn't want to go at the time but maybe the way this site is going there'll be no choice.

It's a shame!

I don't know why.

But I do know there is a lot of resentment in the ranks and if they're not careful there will be another huge exodus from FG by good members who have just had enough.

Who knows.

And then you'll be able to find me at 24, where hopefully I'll be more welcome than I've been here lately.

I'm with you on this one to a great extent. My licence is clean but I know a few who have been given points for going that extra 1mph.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

And when people have asked what for - and I've shown them - they've said "Why did you get an infraction for that?"There's a rule in Rugby against piling on, Rapunzel. It looks like the same rule's been applied to your inflaming situations that the mods were trying to damp down.

Victoria has a legitimate problem, your intervention in this thread's pretty self-serving and regrettable. For goodness' sake if you prefer playing with Frankie go play with Frankie.

Meanwhile let me reiterate to Victoria that my post was good advice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

flopstock;1235986 wrote: Name one instance. There hasn't been one since I've been back there. And that's a fact! That's the beauty of statements like yours. It's even been said, is all the fact that is required, isn't it?:rolleyes:

#1 If you complain about a mod, it is handed off to TS, if requested. The mod pit has no involvement after that.

#2 If you complain about a mod to the mod area, the mod in question doesn't comment on the report unless asked a question by the other mods. If the mods can't resolve an issue they pass it on up the line to TS.

Just because folks are sure, in their own mind, that they have forever damaged their existence in the garden amongst the mods... sorry, very few and very very far between.

We don't moderate folks we can't stand. Unfortunately, I can stand just about everyone the same.:D But seriously, I reported a post the other day... Diane the member, not diane the mod. Guess what... nothing. Not even a PM telling me nothing was being done. ********!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl But my actual point is, that although I am without doubt their favorite co-mod... it got me nothing.

It's a real pisser that I have to agree with them when I think about it..:p

But please also note that I didn't go off and infract the post just because I thought it was horse**** on a stick..:lips:

Ok thats the cover story but what really happens?
I AM AWESOME MAN
hoppy

Taking time off

Post by hoppy »

This sounds like the board I was on before I came here. They banned me for life for disagreeing with a mod.

Another board I still post on is deteriorating fast. The mods are deleting posts and threads almost immediately in some cases. No one knows why. A friend has the right idea. He started his own board. Lots of freedom. Only a local board though.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Rapunzel;1235975 wrote:

Rapunzel;1235983 wrote: 24HourForums.com

Now see to me that just looks like a recruiting drive or why mention it?
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

buttercup;1236008 wrote: Now see to me that just looks like a recruiting drive or why mention it?

Why ask why my little butter baby, hmmm? Got some Scottish mischief up your sleeve?

STAND DOWN AND HANDS UP AGAINST THE WALL FOREIGNER !
I AM AWESOME MAN
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Hi Sweetie pie

No, i just remember Franks tactics from before. ;)
hoppy

Taking time off

Post by hoppy »

Rapunzel;1235983 wrote: 24HourForums.com

Hmmm. Looks interesting.
gmc

Taking time off

Post by gmc »

Victoria;1235967 wrote: Not that anyone will miss me anyway but I thought I would make it known...

Why do you bother reading threads like that then? It's not what people say that matters it's how you decide to react to it. There are one or two who take someone disagreeing with them as being a personal attack and find offence where none was intended, just as there are those or those who try and be offensive. It's an anonymous forum with people you will never meet unless you choose to. Whey get worked up about it?
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

hoppy;1236020 wrote: Hmmm. Looks interesting.

You should join Hoppy, you'd love it there. You'll recognize all the top posters, all members or x members of the garden. In fact he'll give you a forum all of your own to show you how special you are and what you mean to him.
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

buttercup;1236024 wrote: You should join Hoppy, you'd love it there. You'll recognize all the top posters, all members or x members of the garden. In fact he'll give you a forum all of your own to show you how special you are and what you mean to him.

Yea. I joined the biker forum at baby riders request and those guys jack hammered me into the ground. I said something really lame back to them then got my phone # unlisted.

Those guys are animals.
I AM AWESOME MAN
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Never even knew you owned a bike, what you got?
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

buttercup;1236029 wrote: Never even knew you owned a bike, what you got?

Oh thank you for asking. Let me scare up a picture so you can say...coool
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Nomad;1236030 wrote: [quote=buttercup]Never even knew you owned a bike, what you got?Oh thank you for asking. Let me scare up a picture so you can say...coool

buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

:wah:
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

spot;1236032 wrote:

I took the training wheels off a long time ago thank you.

I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Oh come on, that doesn't have a chain either and it has to be propped up at the side!!
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Nods approvingly ;)
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

buttercup;1236037 wrote: Nods approvingly ;)

Actually I was looking for jumping up and down while clapping your hands.

Whatever.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kazalala

Taking time off

Post by kazalala »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Why?

Not all mods, just some.

It's a shame!

I don't know why.

Who knows.

I hope not ,, i would miss you:D

RedGlitter;1235980 wrote: Victoria, you make a good point about letting people into your home. Never thought of it that way.

I for one, will miss seeing you here if you decide to go. Who else will help me defend the animals?

To both you and Rapunzel. if you two feel unwelcome, consider this. I am about as desired here as a venereal disease. When I started posting here again, a mess of people told me how happy they were that I was back. Yet the whole time I was gone, not a one ever bothered to contact me to see why I left or to just say hi. There are a mess of other good solid members who have split and that is to FG's considerable loss. We used to have actual discussions around here. I have hope because I saw some good ones yesterday so maybe....if someone doesn't run those new members off too.

As for infractions and bans and that stuff, sure it's irritating when people who are no better than you try to slap your wrist. It's also comical. And you know what, at the end of the day, it doesn't change who you are. All it really was was somebody's ego trip and that's not even worth our pity.

Red. i always used to say that even though i disagreed with you at times i still liked and respected you. I got the feeling a little while before you left i had done something to uspet you , or you just didnt want to be bothered with me for some reason,which i am bringing up now just to explain why i have not conatcted you,,i thought i should respect the fact you didnt want to talk to me, fair enough its your choice if course who you want to associate with:)But why i have highlighted that sentence is to ask ,,, did you keep in contact wth those people?,,or get in touch with them? just saying,, it works both ways sometimes:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

kazalala;1236051 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Red. i always used to say that even though i disagreed with you at times i still liked and respected you. I got the feeling a little while before you left i had done something to uspet you , or you just didnt want to be bothered with me for some reason,which i am bringing up now just to explain why i have not conatcted you,,i thought i should respect the fact you didnt want to talk to me, fair enough its your choice if course who you want to associate with:)But why i have highlighted that sentence is to ask ,,, did you keep in contact wth those people?,,or get in touch with them? just saying,, it works both ways sometimes:thinking:

Since were being honest, everyone thats ever left was because of something you said or did.

I hope you can correct that and we can all move on.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kazalala

Taking time off

Post by kazalala »

Nomad;1236054 wrote: Since were being honest, everyone thats ever left was because of something you said or did.

I hope you can correct that and we can all move on.

:eek:omg ,, its all my fault isnt it:-1

if only i could correct it ! ...erm no:D:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

flopstock;1235986 wrote: Name one instance. There hasn't been one since I've been back there. And that's a fact! That's the beauty of statements like yours.

OK, not being funny but this is a difficult one.

I know someone who feels that one or two mods are out to get him/her whatever he/she says.

He/She is quite upset about something a mod said and something a friend of a mod said.

What the friend said, I was completely shocked by and said they should report it.

This person refused because they feel the mod (above) will just punish them for daring to complain.

It's not my place to tell you how this person feels or who this person is.

If you laid it on the line to this person and allowed them to speak freely about how they feel, without the threat of infraction or ban over their heads, then maybe they could talk to you or another mod and sort it out.
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

kazalala;1236055 wrote: :eek:omg ,, its all my fault isnt it:-1

if only i could correct it ! ...erm no:D:yh_rotfl

Oh...wait a minute. Thats me not you.

Never mind.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Taking time off

Post by Odie »

I will miss you.:-4

I do know what your talking about. These posts are done deliberately, and its flaming, and there is nothing you can do about it..

......some just keep carrying it on for spite or jealously, and again as you said, if you offer a different opinion, your shot right down.

and if something gets personal, were told to take it to a pm?

what's the point, pms are just reported.:rolleyes:

do come back, just take some time off.
Life is just to short for drama.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1235989 wrote: There's a rule in Rugby against piling on, Rapunzel. It looks like the same rule's been applied to your inflaming situations that the mods were trying to damp down.

Victoria has a legitimate problem, your intervention in this thread's pretty self-serving and regrettable. For goodness' sake if you prefer playing with Frankie go play with Frankie.

Meanwhile let me reiterate to Victoria that my post was good advice.

I understand what you're saying Spot but it's a 2 way street. Maybe in anger I helped inflame the situation but the mods in question, in anger, inflamed it further. No calming oil, nothing to soothe the situation. I'm not unreasonable, I try hard to be very reasonable and see everyone's point of view. But I want my point of view to be accepted and discussed also. I don't mind someone pointing out the pros and cons of a situation and then saying sorry but no. But being slapped with an infraction or a warning for no real reason is unfair as is not being allowed the freedom to say what you want. And what I want to say is in no way as contentious as most of the things said by Joona or by Abrahim is Muslim!

Self-serving? If you mean do I want to be listened to, then yes.

Regrettable? No. I have come across other posts I consider to be regrettable, but mine? No. What is regrettable about speaking up about how you feel about a situation? Would you rather I wore purdah and stayed indoors and did as I was told by my patriarch? Sorry, no.

And fyi, I don't want to play with Frankie. I like playing in this sandbox. I just want the other kids to play nice with me and not throw stones.
Bruv

Taking time off

Post by Bruv »

As a relatively new comer here I have to chip in.

I try to say what I think with respect for whoever might be reading it ( I can have a foul mouth at times)

If I think I have been personally offended I will back off and re-read the following day, 9 times out of 10 it was me, reading too much into the post.

If any one feels jaded by their continued logging in to a particular forum......then its time to give it a rest.

Come back later and see how you feel.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

buttercup;1236008 wrote: Now see to me that just looks like a recruiting drive or why mention it?

It's not a recruiting drive at all. I just wanted my friends to know where I'd gone if I suddenly disappeared.
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;1236067 wrote: Regrettable? No. I have come across other posts I consider to be regrettable, but mine? No. What is regrettable about speaking up about how you feel about a situation? Would you rather I wore purdah and stayed indoors and did as I was told by my patriarch? Sorry, no.What I meant by regrettable was that the thread's about Victoria's problem and you've hijacked it. Meanwhile Victoria's problem's entirely unresolved.

As for "trying hard to be very reasonable and see everyone's point of view", you did your very best to chase off a couple of newbies until you were finally shut up. The moderators, in contrast and regardless of your perception, did all they could to bring the verbal aggression and needling to an end. Eventually it'll be sorted. I suspect it would have been sorted already if you'd not poured on petrol the way you did.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

kazalala;1236051 wrote:

Thankyou, I'm really really touched by that. :-4 :-6

And I didn't know how to contact Red either. :(
Odie

Taking time off

Post by Odie »

spot;1236078 wrote: What I meant by regrettable was that the thread's about Victoria's problem and you've hijacked it. .

did you forget you and one other hijacked mine?
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Odie;1236083 wrote: did you forget you and one other hijacked mine?

That wasn't a thread, Odie, that was an unkempt marshland with an unrepentant title.
kazalala

Taking time off

Post by kazalala »

Rapunzel;1236080 wrote: Thankyou, I'm really really touched by that. :-4 :-6

And I didn't know how to contact Red either. :(

I meant it!,I like you because what you see is what you get! you speak your mind and i feel i could disagree with you without you having a major strop:yh_rotfl and i would also miss Victoria too ,, so if you do take a break Victoria i hope its not for too long, i know i can always rely on you to bring me good information on dogs, and would always be willing to help anyone in that area:) I feel inclined to say the same as some have already said ,, post your thoughts, threads anyway on animals and tough if some people dont agree, ........ but all people are different and some cannot and do not want to fight battles about what/who is more important etc! When alls said and done, its your life, you should be happy,, if you are not happy and its because of this place ,, then yes go off take a break and be happy:D:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Taking time off

Post by Odie »

spot;1236086 wrote: That wasn't a thread, Odie, that was an unkempt marshland with an unrepentant title.

It was a thread and was started 3 months ago and it continued on......

and just because you didn't like the title?

nobody else complained did they?

It was a friendship thread just like the foc thread, and others who have their own rooms etc.......

until you hijacked it.

enough said.
Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1236078 wrote: What I meant by regrettable was that the thread's about Victoria's problem and you've hijacked it. Meanwhile Victoria's problem's entirely unresolved.

As for "trying hard to be very reasonable and see everyone's point of view", you did your very best to chase off a couple of newbies until you were finally shut up. The moderators, in contrast and regardless of your perception, did all they could to bring the verbal aggression and needling to an end. Eventually it'll be sorted. I suspect it would have been sorted already if you'd not poured on petrol the way you did.

Well, Thankyou for that rather bizarre comment.

In actual fact the two are connected. :p

Victoria is upset about the inflammatory threads. These are the threads that everyone replied to and got upset about. When, we, the members were upset, we would have liked the situation to be dealt with. What should have happened, imo, is that the threads (which were so obviously inflammatory!) should have been pulled. Instead they were left for a lot longer, a lot more angry comments were made and then the thread was pulled! Instead of calming the situation, the mods then started slapping bans/infractions/warnings on people which has just further inflamed the situation. Now people feel they can't say anything without getting one of these as a present!

Victoria talked about the cause.

I talked about the effect.

Same subject.

I didn't try to chase off a couple of newbies. I tried to point out that those threads were so obviously going to cause flame wars. Your opinion was 'No, we need new blood'. Did you mean that literally? Because there's more blood spilled from those threads than there would have been if they'd been pulled earlier. You're trying to vilify me by saying I poured petrol on the situation, but as I see it there were quite a few people who were angry about the situation and wanted it resolved. Unfortunately it was handled badly and the situation wasn't resolved, which is why it's still under discussion now.

I don't know why you're being so negative at the moment Spot.

You are normally so rational.

And your thread about an imminent nuclear war was bizarre in the extreme.

Perhaps Nomie can lend you his tinfoil hat? **winks**
flopstock

Taking time off

Post by flopstock »

Rapunzel;1236057 wrote: OK, not being funny but this is a difficult one.

I know someone who feels that one or two mods are out to get him/her whatever he/she says.

He/She is quite upset about something a mod said and something a friend of a mod said.

What the friend said, I was completely shocked by and said they should report it.

This person refused because they feel the mod (above) will just punish them for daring to complain.

It's not my place to tell you how this person feels or who this person is.

If you laid it on the line to this person and allowed them to speak freely about how they feel, without the threat of infraction or ban over their heads, then maybe they could talk to you or another mod and sort it out.

Thank god that let's me out as I don't have any friends.. but do you read just how paranoid that not only sounds, but is. We can't control the workings of another's mind and mental processes(except, of course NOMADS:p) There are folks that have been here longer then I've been a mod who are damned sure I'm just waiting for that misstep... I mean seriously, stop and think about it for a reasonable second or two..

BOTTOM LINE : That person is still here, aren't they?

I have no interest in having someone talk to me 'off the record' as it were. If there is a problem with something posted on this site that they feel is directed at them and not the topic, they need to have the balls to report it. But, if they feel they are being picked on and when I read a reported post I don't see it - I'm not gonna act just to make them feel better, sorry.

The folks I like to read most, aggravate the dickens out of me. Some, I won't even respond to... but I still read them, because they make me think. And I proved to myself the other day that I can still get a button pushed upon occassion. Even by idiots, and even when I know better:o.

But folks that want to go, should just go. Then come back whenever you want or not at all, should you choose. Everyone does it from time to time... I just don't get the need for the drama.

But I don't know about 24, rap. Wasn't there a thread the other day about good sites? I think I looked at a couple that were way better then that one. But what do I know? I like my adult sites..:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Rapunzel

Taking time off

Post by Rapunzel »

flopstock;1236119 wrote: Thank god that let's me out as I don't have any friends.. but do you read just how paranoid that not only sounds, but is. We can't control the workings of another's mind and mental processes(except, of course NOMADS:p) There are folks that have been here longer then I've been a mod who are damned sure I'm just waiting for that misstep... I mean seriously, stop and think about it for a reasonable second or two..

BOTTOM LINE : That person is still here, aren't they?

I have no interest in having someone talk to me 'off the record' as it were. If there is a problem with something posted on this site that they feel is directed at them and not the topic, they need to have the balls to report it. But, if they feel they are being picked on and when I read a reported post I don't see it - I'm not gonna act just to make them feel better, sorry.

The folks I like to read most, aggravate the dickens out of me. Some, I won't even respond to... but I still read them, because they make me think. And I proved to myself the other day that I can still get a button pushed upon occassion. Even by idiots, and even when I know better:o.

But folks that want to go, should just go. Then come back whenever you want or not at all, should you choose. Everyone does it from time to time... I just don't get the need for the drama.

But I don't know about 24, rap. Wasn't there a thread the other day about good sites? I think I looked at a couple that were way better then that one. But what do I know? I like my adult sites..:p

Lol Flops, I know it sounds paranoid but thats because I can't say what I wanna say, it's not down to me. That person is here ... but only just. I'd be very sad to see them go, thats fer sure.

So tell me, why don't you like 24 and what other sites would you recommend?

And what are these adult sites, hmmmm.........:sneaky:
abbey

Taking time off

Post by abbey »

So, Victoria decides to have some time out because some threads are upsetting her,

Why the hell has this turned into yet another mod bashing thread?
hoppy

Taking time off

Post by hoppy »

abbey;1236141 wrote: So, Victoria decides to have some time out because some threads are upsetting her,

Why the hell has this turned into yet another mod bashing thread?

Yeah, look what this is turning into. All because someone can't figure out to just not read threads or posts that she thinks will upset her. Geeze Louise, I can't take all the drama. I'm gonna have a beer, if my drunk uncle left me any.

Return to “General Chit Chat”