Buying into the whole touch screen craze...

lalalala

Post by lalalala »

Have you already bought a touch screen cell phone or thinking about it? Seems every phone company has their own version of the touch screen phone, that all look like an iPhone! I like the Motorola Krave because it gives a new look to the touch screen phones since it's also a flip phone:

What you think?
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

lalalala;1065243 wrote: Have you already bought a touch screen cell phone or thinking about it? Seems every phone company has their own version of the touch screen phone, that all look like an iPhone! I like the Motorola Krave because it gives a new look to the touch screen phones since it's also a flip phone:

What you think?

Its ok, im not mad on flip ones, Im just itching for a Iphone....Cant see me ever getting one but one can dream:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Chezzie;1065246 wrote: Its ok, im not mad on flip ones, Im just itching for a Iphone....Cant see me ever getting one but one can dream:D

Just a matter of time Chez before your daughter's are begging for these things.:wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Iphone is the best one out there. I deal with people phones all day long. They want them synced to Outlook etc. The Iphone rocks..;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I love the iPhone platform - which is why I have an iTouch.

But when it comes to my cell phone (think lots of text messaging) I just can't get proficient typing on a non-responsive touch screen. Because of that, I have a Blackberry Curve.

Is there any hope for me? :p
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Tombstone;1065438 wrote: I love the iPhone platform - which is why I have an iTouch.

But when it comes to my cell phone (think lots of text messaging) I just can't get proficient typing on a non-responsive touch screen. Because of that, I have a Blackberry Curve.

aww Blackberry's rock...I want one and a Iphone
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

The old king of SMS'ing?

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Tombstone;1065445 wrote: The old king of SMS'ing?

screen could do with a wipe:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Chezzie;1065446 wrote: screen could do with a wipe:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

it's squeeky clean!

squeek
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I hate it! every time i pick it up i'm accidently changing settings and even though it's a tilt phone the only time that option is used is when my daughter is playing games on it..:wah:

the most embarrassing thing though, is when someone hands you their phone to use and you sit there poking the the screen but nothing happens..:o:yh_rotfl

it's hell getting old..:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Tombstone;1065438 wrote: I love the iPhone platform - which is why I have an iTouch.

Tombstone, Do you love your blackberry...I asked questions about this phone.....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... lease.html
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Two good choices are:

1. IPHONE - Texting can be tricky everything else is excellent. (AT&T)

2. BLACKBERRY STORM - Great for texting or keying. Not impresses with its email interface. (Verizon)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1066631 wrote: Two good choices are:

1. IPHONE - Texting can be tricky everything else is excellent. (AT&T)

2. BLACKBERRY STORM - Great for texting or keying. Not impresses with its email interface. (Verizon)

Carla, can you give me some advice on what phone to buy from Verizon?

I'm in a quandry....and am picking out a phone this week.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... lease.html
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If your into everything texting, internet, the newest "Blackberry Storm" is very nice. It has a great keyboard and the touch screen it different in the sense you actually press not just touch to do what you want to do. It is a beautiful piece of work. The Motorola touch flip phone that is on the first post of this thread is nice. I have always been a fan of Motorola Phones they are durable and reliable in my opinion. Also the "Blackberry Curve" is good as well. I'm not a fan of Blackberry's as they are difficult for me to sync with our servers. The tiny keys really get on my nerves. :-5 But thats just me. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

:-6CARLA;1066636 wrote: If your into everything texting, internet, the newest "Blackberry Storm" is very nice. It has a great keyboard and the touch screen it different in the sense you actually press not just touch to do what you want to do. It is a beautiful piece of work. The Motorola touch flip phone that is on the first post of this thread is nice. I have always been a fan of Motorola Phones they are durable and reliable in my opinion. Also the "Blackberry Curve" is good as well. I'm not a fan of Blackberry's as they are difficult for me to sync with our servers. The tiny keys really get on my nerves. :-5 But thats just me. ;)

Oh Carla, thank you so much. You've given me a lot to think about

Thanks again:-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Oh and the "Blackberry Storm" opens up to a full keyboard which is a plus, or you can turn up and it goes to the double keys.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

lalalala;1065243 wrote: Have you already bought a touch screen cell phone or thinking about it? Seems every phone company has their own version of the touch screen phone, that all look like an iPhone! I like the Motorola Krave because it gives a new look to the touch screen phones since it's also a flip phone:

What you think?

Thank you La and Carla...because of your good advice and my extended reading I ordered a Motorola Krave....

Thanks
lalalala

Post by lalalala »

No problem Kathy! I hope you love your Krave when it gets in! To clarify what Carla meant when she said , "it has a great keyboard and the touch screen it different in the sense you actually press not just touch to do what you want to do" is because of the Krave's "Haptic" Feedback. Basically that means every time you touch a key you can FEEL the phone "respond". It's really helpful if for texting and composing emails. Did you check out the Motorola.com/krave site for that extended reading you were talking about? They have a great flash/interactive demo that lets you check out the phone more thoroughly.

:D Glad to hear our info could help!
Peter Benders

Post by Peter Benders »

yeah i like the blackberry .. but the thing is i find the motorola touch screen phones more good looking compared to blackberry. i-phone,well nothing can beat it ..i-phone rocks
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I have just purchased an IPhone and I can only say what a piece of equipment. I truly can't imagine why I waited so long. It is a PC that I make phone calls love it, love it..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Peter Benders

Post by Peter Benders »

The samsung touch phones are good... Gud value for money :)
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Anyone got an LG cookie?

Daughter wants one for her birthday, I can get it on Tesco Mobile PAYG for under £90. Dont know much about them except for reviews online..I think she only wants it for the stick:thinking:

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”