FG Poll... Should violence toward obese people be treated as 'Hate crime'?

A forum created specifically for polls.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Overweight people campaign to make Britain 'fat-friendly' | Mail Online

After an overweight lady is beaten by thugs on a train for simply being overweight, the Mail is carrying a survey to see if we think this should be classed as a 'Hate Crime'.

Votes please. :) SORRY I MESSED IT UP. NO POLL :o:o
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1253879 wrote: Overweight people campaign to make Britain 'fat-friendly' | Mail Online

After an overweight lady is beaten by thugs on a train for simply being overweight, the Mail is carrying a survey to see if we think this should be classed as a 'Hate Crime'.

The fact that a thug used a health campaign as an excuse does not make it a hate crime - the thug is still a thug.

Having said that, I despise the way the media is being used to try to manipulate public opinion and social behaviour - it is not education, it is brainwashing.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1253901 wrote: The fact that a thug used a health campaign as an excuse does not make it a hate crime - the thug is still a thug.

Having said that, I despise the way the media is being used to try to manipulate public opinion and social behaviour - it is not education, it is brainwashing.
Yes I agree with you.

Out of Interest Bryn... Did you see 'Panarama' last night about rascism? It was filmed in 'Southmead' in Bristol. I was fuming all the way through It and I see today that the folk of Southmead are up in arms over It and quite rightly so. I'd be interested in your opinion.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1253879 wrote: Overweight people campaign to make Britain 'fat-friendly' | Mail Online

I would definitely say its a hate crime.

more and more each day we find out people don't like others who are fat/obese.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1254051 wrote: I would definitely say its a hate crime.

more and more each day we find out people don't like others who are fat/obese.
When I had my spot of bother with a gang of yobs here, I was shocked at the amount of folk that came out and told me of their stories of their encounters with them. They always hung out at a particular parade of shops every day abusing the public. A neighbour of mine told me that for a year she was unable to go to those shops even though it was the only supermarket in the village. When I asked why, she told me that because she was obese, she was fair game for ridicule and verbal abuse from them. For a year, she had to drive a mile to another store to avoid running the guantlet with them. Another chap I know did the same because he had one leg and they would verbally abuse him. Bloody disgusting :-5
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1254039 wrote: Yes I agree with you.

Out of Interest Bryn... Did you see 'Panarama' last night about rascism? It was filmed in 'Southmead' in Bristol. I was fuming all the way through It and I see today that the folk of Southmead are up in arms over It and quite rightly so. I'd be interested in your opinion.

Didn't manage to catch it so cannot comment.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1254061 wrote: Didn't manage to catch it so cannot comment. I've put a thread on and a link called 'The Garbage of the press'. See what you think Bryn.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm overweight and use a cane to walk. My neighborhood seems overpopulated with seedy looking characters these days. Maybe it's the economy, or the homeless shelter a block away. Anyway, I always get suspicious when I'm walking down a street and someone near a block away changes his direction of travel so he can pass by you. After the first time, I bought a large container of bear repellant. It's purpose is to repel bears encountered by hikers. It shoots a really evil spray out a good distance. I carry it in a holster on my belt under my shirt or jacket. Once recently, I was approached by two men. One was a dirty, wino looking guy walking with another guy using a cane too. Wino said to cane man something about how he should kick my fat butt. I stopped, put my hand under my shirt on my bear spray. They passed without saying another word. I stood there watching them. They kept looking back but said no more.

The moral of my story is to get some bear spray.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

There are alternatives.....diet ? Magnum ?

I am being flippant by the way.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bruv;1254071 wrote: There are alternatives.....diet ? Magnum ?

Was always on the heavy side. Even when I worked at butt-busting jobs. Was more muscle than fat then though.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1254098 wrote: Was always on the heavy side. Even when I worked at butt-busting jobs. Was more muscle than fat then though. I like a man with something to grab hold of.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

oscar;1254104 wrote: I like a man with something to grab hold of.

I feel the same about women. I wish whoever is responsible for it, would get off this obesity kick and focus on crime.

My mom was always heavy. Her sister seldom weighed over 85 pounds. Guess what? They both lived to just over 85.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1254107 wrote: I feel the same about women. I wish whoever is responsible for it, would get off this obesity kick and focus on crime.

My mom was always heavy. Her sister seldom weighed over 85 pounds. Guess what? They both lived to just over 85. Yep and Pete's grandmother chain smoked until she died at 97 yrs old. And she quaffed large amounts of Whisky. Just goes to show eh? My sister who never once drank or smoked died of cancer.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Bruv;1254071 wrote: There are alternatives.....diet ? Magnum ?

only becasue you have lost weight now.;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1254065 wrote: I'm overweight and use a cane to walk. My neighborhood seems overpopulated with seedy looking characters these days. Maybe it's the economy, or the homeless shelter a block away. Anyway, I always get suspicious when I'm walking down a street and someone near a block away changes his direction of travel so he can pass by you. After the first time, I bought a large container of bear repellant. It's purpose is to repel bears encountered by hikers. It shoots a really evil spray out a good distance. I carry it in a holster on my belt under my shirt or jacket. Once recently, I was approached by two men. One was a dirty, wino looking guy walking with another guy using a cane too. Wino said to cane man something about how he should kick my fat butt. I stopped, put my hand under my shirt on my bear spray. They passed without saying another word. I stood there watching them. They kept looking back but said no more.

I'm overweight, perhaps I should buy some bear spray.;)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1254154 wrote: I'm overweight, perhaps I should buy some bear spray.;)

Or just get bare.:-3
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1254186 wrote: Or just get bare.:-3 I Love it when call centres say 'bear with me'... I shout down the phone.. 'RUN.. they're bloody dangerous'.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”