40 years old and still counting!

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Call Him Big Old Bird—Sesame Street Turns 40!

10 November 2009

This may take Count von Count a while, but it's A-ok—Sesame Street marks its 40th anniversary today. The PBS stalwart debuted on Nov. 10, 1969, and, after more than 21 million minutes aired, 122 Emmys and a Lifetime Achievement award, has managed to stay relevant—and sometimes controversial (remember that Bert-Bin Laden hookup?). Cookie Monster, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch and friends will be celebrating in style with Michelle Obama and the letter H. The first lady's appearance presumably won't be ticking off right-wingers—unless they're offended by vegetable gardens and Big Bird's measuring stick. "Are you part bird?" the fine-feathered... »

my two sons grew up watching Sesame Street, it's the best learning show out there for kids!:guitarist

I loved Cookie Monster............ cookie!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

YouTube - Sesame Street: Kermit And Cookie Monster And The Mystery Box

who else watched it or their children?
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

wow, that's sad, no one here has ever watched this?

It's a wonder I hate doing threads.:p
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

It wasn't as big over here I'm afraid. I grew up on Playschool,

“A house with a door, 1 2 3 4, ready to play, what's the day? It's... Monday (or whatever day it was)”
cars

Post by cars »

"Big Bird" we thought was going to be the hit of our grandson's (who loved watching BB on TV) 3rd BD party a few years ago. So we rented a BB costume, & had his uncle wear it to the party! The party was going great, till after a while, his uncle went & put on the costume, and appeared on the sean. Our grandson went ballistic, crying & screaming, yelling, it seemed he was terrified seeing BB in person! So ofcourse, his uncle dressed as BB dissapeared, & reappeared as himself, and the party resumed. Go figure! :wah:
Cars :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

cars;1262688 wrote: "Big Bird" we thought was going to be the hit of our grandson's (who loved watching BB on TV) 3rd BD party a few years ago. So we rented a BB costume, & had his uncle wear it to the party! The party was going great, till after a while, his uncle went & put on the costume, and appeared on the sean. Our grandson went ballistic, crying & screaming, yelling, it seemed he was terrified seeing BB in person! So ofcourse, his uncle dressed as BB dissapeared, & reappeared as himself, and the party resumed. Go figure! :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1262685 wrote: It wasn't as big over here I'm afraid. I grew up on Playschool,

“A house with a door, 1 2 3 4, ready to play, what's the day? It's... Monday (or whatever day it was)”

you were deprived!:yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1262685 wrote: It wasn't as big over here I'm afraid. I grew up on Playschool,

Playaway surely - who can forget Toni Arthur :-4

And, surprisingly, an early outing for Tony Robinson before the arrival of Baldric.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1263492 wrote: Playaway surely - who can forget Toni Arthur :-4

And, surprisingly, an early outing for Tony Robinson before the arrival of Baldric.

Who?? :wah:

No, I definitely grew up on Playschool

I remember Floella too. Vaguely remember Tony Robinson as well, not sure where though, Crackerjack?? :-3
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oh my, and Rainbow :wah:

YouTube - Paint the whole world with a Rainbow

with Bungle, Zippy and George and that poncy guy Jeffrey :wah:
Tan

Post by Tan »

Odie;1261921 wrote: Call Him Big Old Bird—Sesame Street Turns 40!

10 November 2009

This may take Count von Count a while, but it's A-ok—Sesame Street marks its 40th anniversary today. The PBS stalwart debuted on Nov. 10, 1969, and, after more than 21 million minutes aired, 122 Emmys and a Lifetime Achievement award, has managed to stay relevant—and sometimes controversial (remember that Bert-Bin Laden hookup?). Cookie Monster, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch and friends will be celebrating in style with Michelle Obama and the letter H. The first lady's appearance presumably won't be ticking off right-wingers—unless they're offended by vegetable gardens and Big Bird's measuring stick. "Are you part bird?" the fine-feathered... »

my two sons grew up watching Sesame Street, it's the best learning show out there for kids!:guitarist

I loved Cookie Monster............ cookie!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

YouTube - Sesame Street: Kermit And Cookie Monster And The Mystery Box

who else watched it or their children?

OMG I love this:p
Tan
Tan

Post by Tan »

I also love this:

YouTube - Pinball Countdown
Tan
Odie

Post by Odie »

Tan;1263560 wrote: OMG I love this:p

finally, someone who knows what this thread is about!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1263496 wrote: Who?? :wah:

No, I definitely grew up on Playschool

YouTube - playschool from 1973

I remember Floella too. Vaguely remember Tony Robinson as well, not sure where though, Crackerjack?? :-3

No, Floella was part of the Playaway team, along with Brian Cant.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1263620 wrote: No, Floella was part of the Playaway team, along with Brian Cant.

She's listed under the Playschool team too :wah: Confused :thinking: I possibly watched both.

Return to “General TV Shows”