Favorite Freaking Christmas Cookies

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Naturally home baked rule but Royal Dansk has always been in my top 10 list. I had to demote them as theyve disappointed me. Theyre not as buttery as they used to be and they are putting more of the ones with the sugar crystals on top in the tin.

My favorite home baked are Krumkake's and Sandbakel's.

Both are Norweigen delights passed down through the generations.

What are your favorites?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

scottish shortbread..!! :-4

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nomad;1261858 wrote: Naturally home baked rule but Royal Dansk has always been in my top 10 list. I had to demote them as theyve disappointed me. Theyre not as buttery as they used to be and they are putting more of the ones with the sugar crystals on top in the tin.

What are your favorites?
I favour Traditional Scottish Shortbread in the season of festivity although I have been know to dally along the Danish selection myself only to be bitterly disapointed. One much prefers Butter shortbread if given a choice. ( On the left) On the right, I favour the Swiss variety with a generous portion of Icing.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I also favour a Stollen at the Yuletime period.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

CARLA;1261862 wrote: scottish shortbread..!! :-4

yummy, love scottish shortbread :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1261858 wrote: Naturally home baked rule but Royal Dansk has always been in my top 10 list. I had to demote them as theyve disappointed me. Theyre not as buttery as they used to be and they are putting more of the ones with the sugar crystals on top in the tin.

What are your favorites?

I've never found those buttery, that's why I make my own.

They do sell really buttery shortbread where I go shopping in the bakery section, as I find all regular brands are not real shortbread.
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Cow Patties.... they look exactly like what they are called, but OMG!!!!:-4
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

flopstock;1261873 wrote: Cow Patties.... they look exactly like what they are called, but OMG!!!!:-4

I probably would have been surprised if you had said anything else.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Doesn't matter what time of year it is, my favorite cookie is always gonna be chocolate chip. :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hope6;1261899 wrote: Doesn't matter what time of year it is, my favorite cookie is always gonna be chocolate chip. :D

Chocolate chip does not meet holiday freaking cookie criteria.

- 2 pts.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Nomad;1261904 wrote: Chocolate chip does not meet holiday freaking cookie criteria.

- 2 pts.

LOL well, I am planning to try some gingerbread ones for Jacob this year, he's been asking for them. :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hope6;1261899 wrote: Doesn't matter what time of year it is, my favorite cookie is always gonna be chocolate chip. :D

soft peanut butter for me.:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1261904 wrote: Chocolate chip does not meet holiday freaking cookie criteria.

- 2 pts.

stick a cherry on it!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1261894 wrote: I probably would have been surprised if you had said anything else.

I'll send you some and you'll eat the entire batch in one sitting, swear to god!:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

sharedfastlane

Post by sharedfastlane »

THESE don't really qualify but wanted to share my love. Marks & Spencer's Meringue Nests - they have changed a bit sadly I think they have changed the recipe, but when I first had them 2 years ago they were chewy in the centre and crumbly outside. Messy to eat and if I buy a box of 8 it's very hard to only eat two. Sooo much sugar - very bad - drool!
sharedfastlane

Post by sharedfastlane »

Ah - thread petered out!

Still want to say...tried some yesterday and they are as good again! Crumbly, spill_all_over_ your top outside and "chewychewy" inside.

:yh_drool
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

My own sugar cookies from scratch...cutting them out....baking, then frosting and decorating. So yummy!! :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1264685 wrote: My own sugar cookies from scratch...cutting them out....baking, then frosting and decorating. So yummy!! :-4

so when does this take place?:yh_rotfl
sharedfastlane

Post by sharedfastlane »

shelbell;1264685 wrote: My own sugar cookies from scratch...cutting them out....baking, then frosting and decorating. So yummy!! :-4

Yes, I've only fallen into the realisation Cooking can be very Zen in these last few years. For me its...recipe sourced from T'Internet, only if they show a photo, Radio on , Conversation about Problems banned and ... let Alchemy Commence!

:o:yh_love
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I usually make a batch of "White Christmas" ... not sure if it's "freaking" or even really a "cookie" but it's traditional for this time of the year. Shortbread here is for New Year.

Exclusively Food: White Christmas Recipe

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Has to be shortbread, any shortbread, chocolate coated, choc chips, nuts, the lot.

In Scotland I had a scottish mess:yh_rotfl ( no not in my knickers:wah:)

Meringues broken up , pieces of shortbread, chopped strawberries and cream all mixed in a glass dish served with sumptuous vanilla icecream.....Freakin Holiday Orgasmic heaven!!!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1264702 wrote: so when does this take place?:yh_rotfl

Me, the girls, and last year even grandson, make them about 2 weeks before Christmas and homemade fudge too. We usually make about 15-16 dozen cookies. I just don't know if I'll have the heart to do it this year...Grant would always come in the kitchen and stealing cookies. I"m not even sure I'm going to be able to celebrate Christmas this year. :(
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Who makes and eats cookies at Christmas!! You're all cuckoo, you eat Chocolate Log, Christmas Pudding, Quality street and Roses not biscuits, you can eat them any time of the year!! :rolleyes::wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1264907 wrote: Who makes and eats cookies at Christmas!! You're all cuckoo, you eat Chocolate Log, Christmas Pudding, Quality street and Roses not biscuits, you can eat them any time of the year!! :rolleyes::wah:

I make tons of shortbread's, chocolate peanut butter balls and oatmeal/coconut choc drops, so when I want a few...they're still there!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”