Happy USA Thanksgiving !!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends. What is everyone doing?

My whole family is meeting at a beautiful Victoriana restaurant. Then we plan to dance the night away in their fabulous ballroom.

We're also planning to stay at this lovely hotel so no one has to drive home.

In the morning we'll swim in their pool and have a gourmet brekkie before heading home.

I can't wait to see everyone:-4

Peg

Post by Peg »

We had our family Thanksgiving at my niece's house on Sunday. It was wonderful. I'm cooking tomorrow. It'll probably just be me, hubby, and our daughter.

Have a wonderful time KE!
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Happy thanks giving to all our American members:-6

Have a great weekend of celebrations:-6
G-man

Post by G-man »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm already here in the kitchen getting a head start on the feast! I've got a spare turkey just in case the unspeakable happens and if something happens with the backup, I'll just grab a gun and shoot a wild one from my porch! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I ordered a cooked turkey this year with all the trimmings, etc...just have to heat it up tomorrow...no mess dinner from the oven to the plate to the trash can:wah:
cars

Post by cars »

Yes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING KE, & to all!

Sounds like you're going to have one fine Thanksgiving, ENJOY!

We have Thanksgiving at our house traditionally. Years ago, we had in the high 20's even sometimes low 30's for dinner. However, over the years that number has dwendled down to 9 or 10. Still have a great time! :)
Cars :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Wishing my neighbors a Happy Thanksgiving!

as you know ours was last month, so any leftovers please send to Odie's house.:sneaky:

Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Happy Thanksgiving all. :)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Happy Thankgiving everyone time for family and friends..!! Enjoy.. :-6:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Wow, Kathy Ellen! Sounds like you will be having a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy! :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1265985 wrote: We had our family Thanksgiving at my niece's house on Sunday. It was wonderful. I'm cooking tomorrow. It'll probably just be me, hubby, and our daughter.

Have a wonderful time KE!

That sounds wonderful Peg. Have a wonderful day with family:-4

Chezzie;1265987 wrote: Happy thanks giving to all our American members:-6

Have a great weekend of celebrations:-6

Thanks so much Chezzie. I love Thanksgiving more than Christmas now.

G-man;1266015 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm already here in the kitchen getting a head start on the feast! I've got a spare turkey just in case the unspeakable happens and if something happens with the backup, I'll just grab a gun and shoot a wild one from my porch! :D

:wah: Gman....I love a man who cooks:p I only cooked a turkey once and had to throw it out, but I had a spare one like you. The next year, I had a restaurant deliver the whole meal:yh_rotfl don't think I'd shoot my own though:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

G-man;1266015 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving!

:eek:

I'll bring the Nanimo Bars!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1266016 wrote: I ordered a cooked turkey this year with all the trimmings, etc...just have to heat it up tomorrow...no mess dinner from the oven to the plate to the trash can:wah:

You are a very smart girl there Ducky:-4 Wishing you a lovely day.

cars;1266019 wrote: Yes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING KE, & to all!

Sounds like you're going to have one fine Thanksgiving, ENJOY!

We have Thanksgiving at our house traditionally. Years ago, we had in the high 20's even sometimes low 30's for dinner. However, over the years that number has dwendled down to 9 or 10. Still have a great time! :)

Our numbers have dwindled also Cars but now we have newcomers joining us. Have a wonderful day.

Odie;1266105 wrote: Wishing my neighbors a Happy Thanksgiving!

as you know ours was last month, so any leftovers please send to Odie's house.:sneaky:

Thank you Odie....I'll save you a big, heaping dish;)

chonsigirl;1266178 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving all. :)

Happy thanksgiving Chonsi:-4

CARLA;1266203 wrote: Happy Thankgiving everyone time for family and friends..!! Enjoy.. :-6:-6

Happy Turkey to you also Carla:-6

along-for-the-ride;1266206 wrote: Wow, Kathy Ellen! Sounds like you will be having a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and family Diana:-4 Yes, we're going to have a ball. Plus I get to finally shop in one of my fav stores....Trader Joes...on the journey home;) Wooohoooo...love that store.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'd like to post some pictures of this hotel we are going to tomorrow. It is a beautiful hotel owned by friends of my parents. We used to visit as a family a few times a month for dinner, dancing and partying:wah: We love this hotel and know every nook and crannie. We stopped visiting after my parents passed as it was difficult thinking of all our memories there. That's why we're happy visiting again...to renew our memories...

Here's the hotel....

This is the conservatory for weddings, breakfast and cocktail hours...

This is the conservatory at night....

Sitting room with fireplace....We've spent many nights here singing Irish songs late into the night:wah:

Part of the pool area...

Part of the lobby....

Exclusive bedrooms.....

Here's where we're eating...in one of the railroad cars, but we have a room with a long table...can't find a pic of it...

Wish you could all join me here. I can't wait to revisit memories:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1265983 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends. What is everyone doing?

My whole family is meeting at a beautiful Victoriana restaurant. Then we plan to dance the night away in their fabulous ballroom.

In the morning we'll swim in their pool and have a gourmet brekkie before heading home.

Who is your friend on the boardwalk...he looks familiar:yh_rotfl...I'm sure you'll be meeting him tomorrow:wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

:wah:Kathy Ellen;1266294 wrote: I'd like to post some pictures of this hotel we are going to tomorrow. It is a beautiful hotel owned by friends of my parents. We used to visit as a family a few times a month for dinner, dancing and partying:wah: We love this hotel and know every nook and crannie. We stopped visiting after my parents passed as it was difficult thinking of all our memories there. That's why we're happy visiting again...to renew our memories...

Here's the hotel....

This is the conservatory for weddings, breakfast and cocktail hours...

This is the conservatory at night....

Sitting room with fireplace....We've spent many nights here singing Irish songs late into the night:wah:

Part of the pool area...

Part of the lobby....

Exclusive bedrooms.....

Here's where we're eating...in one of the railroad cars, but we have a room with a long table...can't find a pic of it...

Wish you could all join me here. I can't wait to revisit memories:-4

"your friend called tonight"...he's looking forward to meat=ing you:wah: He left a message....:wah:

Odie

Post by Odie »

oh my Kathy, that hotel is above any imagination!

I remember you telling me about the rail car.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.:-4
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Kathy Ellen;1265983 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends. What is everyone doing?

Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate it

It's one of my favorite holidays!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;1266316 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate it

I'm already pooped out & have started cooking this afternoon, have a sick Quin...and still have to make shrimp lejon & a pumpkin pie...feel free to come over kevin...i'll be passed out on the sofa & you can do the rest of the cooking:wah::wah:
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Happy Thanksgiving to you all :-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

kayleneaussie;1266321 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to you all :-4

Thanks Kay...off to do some more baking...will try to get on tomorrow night if i'm not passed out:wah: and Quin is sick...just great....not!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1266313 wrote: oh my Kathy, that hotel is above any imagination!

I remember you telling me about the rail car.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.:-4

Ahhh thanks so much Odie:-4

I really appreciate your thoughts. My family and I adore this hotel because it belongs to our friends and we love them. One of the workers there, who is our friend, has refurbished all of the furniture there.

Thanks Odie:-6
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;1266317 wrote: I'm already pooped out & have started cooking this afternoon, have a sick Quin...and still have to make shrimp lejon & a pumpkin pie...feel free to come over kevin...i'll be passed out on the sofa & you can do the rest of the cooking:wah::wah:

I'll come over and show you how to make Thanksgiving dinner the quick and easy way!

1. Lay on the couch until it's time to get up and cook!

2. Heat turkey fryer!

3. Place your sweet potatoes/yams, green beans, baked beans, or whichever other sides you prefer all in their respective dishes and lay them all around the turkey fryer!

4. By this time check to see if the turkey fryer is nice and scolding!

5. Take turkey out of the freezer and insert your stuffing up what appears to be the turkey's rectum and throw turkey into the scolding turkey fryer!

6. Complete #5 with the extreme emphasis on stepping back from the turkey fryer as quickly as possible!

7. Keep an emergency response vehicle on speed dial!

(I suppose I should have placed #6 and 7 before #5!,..OH DEAR!:eek:!)

8. If all goes well all of your food items should be finished cooking at roughly:sneaky: the same time and enjoy!

qsducks can you hear me!?!??!? Dear!?!??!?!? DEAR!?!?!??!??!?

OH DEAR! :eek:!

*WARNING* PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME! WILL CAUSE SEVERE 3rd DEGREE BURNS AND POSSIBLY END YOUR LIFE!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

K.Snyder;1266316 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate it

Thanks Kevin:-4 I hope you and family have a wonderful holiday.

qsducks;1266317 wrote: I'm already pooped out & have started cooking this afternoon, have a sick Quin...and still have to make shrimp lejon & a pumpkin pie...feel free to come over kevin...i'll be passed out on the sofa & you can do the rest of the cooking:wah::wah:

Ahhh Ducky. I hope Quin feels better, and that you and family have a wonderful holiday:-4

kayleneaussie;1266321 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to you all :-4

Thanks Kaylene...This is a special holiday for me....more important than Christmas. I just love to relax and have fun with my family without worrying and stressed about buying pressies.:D

I can't wait to see some of my family members that I haven't seen in a bit tomorrow:-4
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Kathy Ellen;1266326 wrote: Thanks Kevin:-4 I hope you and family have a wonderful holiday.

Thank you, you too, Kathy Ellen!...:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Happy Thanksgiving :-6

I hope everyone has a lovely day:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Ten Year Old Cooked Today:guitarist

Turkey

Stuffing

Baked Potatoes

Green Bean Casserole

Corn

Gravy

Loaf of Bread Machine Bread

She made 8 big muffin tin size pies - cherry and apple last night when she made the broth we used for gravy and stuffing today.

It was wonderful. She did all the chopping(supervised) - and I did all the cleaning as we went along..:D

We invited her dad down to eat with us since his folks are out of town until Saturday and he's taking care of the farm alone until they get back -so couldn't really travel to his sisters.

They played guitar hero after while I dosed in my chair..:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;1266576 wrote: Ten Year Old Cooked Today:guitarist

Turkey

Stuffing

Baked Potatoes

Green Bean Casserole

Corn

Gravy

Loaf of Bread Machine Bread

She made 8 big muffin tin size pies - cherry and apple last night when she made the broth we used for gravy and stuffing today.

It was wonderful. She did all the chopping(supervised) - and I did all the cleaning as we went along..:D

We invited her dad down to eat with us since his folks are out of town until Saturday and he's taking care of the farm alone until they get back -so couldn't really travel to his sisters.

They played guitar hero after while I dosed in my chair..:wah:

That took three reads to establish that you hadn't cooked your ten year old :wah::wah:

Hope you all had a great day, Happy Thanksgiving to you all :-6
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've never had much of an appreciation of Thanksgiving - it's a concept we do not have over here.

Reading this thread gives a feeling of what it means to you and I'd like to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving - it sounds wonderful.
Odie

Post by Odie »

- everyone stuffed to the gills?:sneaky:

-had to much do drink?:thinking::thinking::confused:

-feeling sleepy or already sleeping?:-5:-5

just remember last months was our Thanksgiving, please send leftovers to

www.Odie.com

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

again, I hope my neighbours had a wonderful day celebrating with friends and family.:guitarist
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266596 wrote: - everyone stuffed to the gills?:sneaky:

-had to much do drink?:thinking::thinking::confused:

-feeling sleepy or already sleeping?:-5:-5

just remember last months was our Thanksgiving, please send leftovers to

www.Odie.com

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

again, I hope my neighbours had a wonderful day celebrating with friends and family.:guitarist

Thank you Odie...

I hope yours was as enjoyable

You should have made a thread :yh_wink

Then you could have followed me quick and easy Thanksgiving dinner "tips"! :yh_wink :wah: :yh_kiss
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Happy Thanksgiving :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266620 wrote: Thank you Odie...

I hope yours was as enjoyable

You should have made a thread :yh_wink

Then you could have followed me quick and easy Thanksgiving dinner "tips"! :yh_wink :wah: :yh_kiss

I did make a thread...last month as Canada's was in October....one person replied from Canada!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

were not big here eh?:yh_rotfl

did you have turkey?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266634 wrote: I did make a thread...last month as Canada's was in October....one person replied from Canada!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

were not big here eh?:yh_rotfl

did you have turkey?

Oh yes I had turkey among other varieties of deliciousness

I dare not suggest you had a muskrat even if chopping it's tail off before it's displayed on the table were of prime dining etiquette so I assume you had turkey as well! :yh_wink :wah: :yh_kiss

:confused:,..you never know!,..some people eat muskrats! :yh_rotfl :yh_wink :yh_kiss

Like people from Kentucky:thinking:,..or someden lika dat! :wah:

:yh_winks!!!!!!!

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Next year is lobster for Thanksgiving including baked clams, shrimp lejon & for the peeps who don't like lobster (?) they can have a poptart:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266651 wrote: Oh yes I had turkey among other varieties of deliciousness

I dare not suggest you had a muskrat even if chopping it's tail off before it's displayed on the table were of prime dining etiquette so I assume you had turkey as well! :yh_wink :wah: :yh_kiss

:confused:,..you never know!,..some people eat muskrats! :yh_rotfl :yh_wink :yh_kiss

Like people from Kentucky:thinking:,..or someden lika dat! :wah:

:yh_winks!!!!!!!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

a muskrat? not around these parts!:yh_rotfl

Glad you did have turkey, I never had it this Thanksgiving.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266669 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

a muskrat? not around these parts!:yh_rotfl

Glad you did have turkey, I never had it this Thanksgiving.

No musky wusky!?!??!?

:thinking: Oh well!

There's always next year right!?!??!?

Come on down to these hehills and I'll show you sum suuthern Ohio hospitality! :yh_winks!!!!!!!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Yesterdays menu was thankfully store cooked...just heated it up:

Turkey, mashed potatoes (very good), stuffing, cole slaw, gravy.

I made the appetizers: onion dip with potato chips, shrimp lejon, pigs in a blanket

Desserts which I also made: 2 pumpkin pies & a cheesecake:-4. We also had a Carvel turkey cake as my daughter's birthday is near & sometimes on Tday:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266671 wrote: No musky wusky!?!??!?

:thinking: Oh well!

There's always next year right!?!??!?

Come on down to these hehills and I'll show you sum suuthern Ohio hospitality! :yh_winks!!!!!!!

ewwwwwwww who wants muskrat?:-5:-5

oh please, show me your hospitality!:sneaky:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

qsducks;1266718 wrote: Yesterdays menu was thankfully store cooked...just heated it up:

Turkey, mashed potatoes (very good), stuffing, cole slaw, gravy.

I made the appetizers: onion dip with potato chips, shrimp lejon, pigs in a blanket

Desserts which I also made: 2 pumpkin pies & a cheesecake:-4. We also had a Carvel turkey cake as my daughter's birthday is near & sometimes on Tday:-4

I did that a couple of years ago when my daughter had just had her son - it was great! Picked it up, headed down and tada! You get all these different package sizes to choose from, but it all tasted just great!:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

flopstock;1266828 wrote: I did that a couple of years ago when my daughter had just had her son - it was great! Picked it up, headed down and tada! You get all these different package sizes to choose from, but it all tasted just great!:D

It was the total ticket imo...they had other stuff to pick out but the filet mignon dinner was off my budget...$99.00 Still think the mashed potatoes were awesome, but the turkey was a bit dried out...doing seafood next year. And I'm sure your daughter loved it & appreciated it:wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266802 wrote: ewwwwwwww who wants muskrat?:-5:-5

oh please, show me your hospitality!:sneaky:

:sneaky: :yh_wink :yh_kiss
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266935 wrote: :sneaky: :yh_wink :yh_kiss

:sneaky::lips::sneaky::thinking::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266963 wrote: :sneaky:

:yh_drool:yh_drool:yh_drool

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

:wah::wah::wah:

:yh_kiss:yh_kiss:yh_kiss
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266965 wrote: :yh_drool:yh_drool:yh_drool

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

:yh_kiss:yh_kiss:yh_kiss

are you still eating turkey.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1266971 wrote: are you still eating turkey.

I made a turkey quesadilla about an hour ago.

:yh_tong2

:yh_wink

Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1266975 wrote: I made a turkey quesadilla about an hour ago.

:yh_tong2

:yh_wink

Kevin, that sounds delicious.:guitarist
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

~sigh~ .....started out as a nice thread....:confused:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yep.. grin, but the thread's just a thread. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathy. I sent you a load of thoughtwaves. The hotel looked awesome. We had a very nice meal here too, in solidarity with American friends. I'll respond to your email tomorrow... xxxx
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1266990 wrote: Yep.. grin, but the thread's just a thread. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathy. I sent you a load of thoughtwaves. The hotel looked awesome. We had a very nice meal here too, in solidarity with American friends. I'll respond to your email tomorrow... xxxx

Thanks Pam:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”