How about that Adam Lambert?

koan

Post by koan »

There's no such thing as bad press. :wah:

Adam's AMA performance sparked 1500 complaints from viewers of the awards show. YouTube - Adam Lambert AMA Performance HD

Apparently he's been befriended by Madonna, Lady Gaga and Elton John though I can't remember where I read that. I'm not a big fan of falsetto but I'm not bothered by a fully clothed man shoving another fully clothed man's head into his crotch on stage.
Lon

Post by Lon »

He's got talent for sure and the crotch bit bothers me not, but was unacceptable for prime time TV.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

I don't know this guy or his music from Adam (pun intended), but if he is shaking up pop music and making it dangerous again, then more power to him!

I'm sick to the teeth of all these squeaky clean, G rated popsters. It's like some Ned Flanders throwback to the Ted Mack Amateur Hour of the 1950s.

Elvis shakin' his junk on the Sullivan show in the fifties, Bo Diddley being 'way too black and scary for Ed and white America around the same time, Jim Morrison singing about getting high and Mick Jagger singing about spending the night together, also on the Sullivan show, ten years later, and Johnny Rotten using bad language on the BBC in the seventies... pushing the boundaries and shaking up the squares and the old folks.

If this Lambert fella is causing a ruckus, then Rock On,Dude!

:guitarist
koan

Post by koan »

:wah:

Definitely no chastity ring on this guy.
minks

Post by minks »

well he is entertaining, and I suppose negative attention is still attention.

I personally like the guy the antics at the awards were a bit over the top but then again hmmmmm lets look back at shock style of entertainment, Ozzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Insane Clown Posse ahhhh ya or how about Bowie in the early days, ya it's all entertainment.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I thought it was pretty bad myself, but who knows I might like him in another time and place.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Lon;1267619 wrote: He's got talent for sure and the crotch bit bothers me not, but was unacceptable for prime time TV.

You and me both, Lon. Sure I've seen worse, but my little granddaughters haven't. It wasn't OK when Janet Jackson did it, and it's not OK now. Words that come to mind: crass, tasteless, lowbrow.

There's this thing that is sadly lacking from our society these days....decency. I'd really like to get it back because when we had it, we had class.:(
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

As far as the singing goes, I haven't really liked anyone that's come out of American Idol. It's too much of a manufactured marketing machine for my tastes.

Though he does have a point about the bigotry surrounding him kissing another guy on stage. They wouldn't censor a man kissing a woman on stage. Why is there a double standard with gay guys?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

yaaarrrgg;1267902 wrote: As far as the singing goes, I haven't really liked anyone that's come out of American Idol. It's too much of a manufactured marketing machine for my tastes.

Bingo. It's really not my kind of music anyway. I like adult alternative, and they rarely play those songs. I did like the Frank Sinatra songs, though.

Though he does have a point about the bigotry surrounding him kissing another guy on stage. They wouldn't censor a man kissing a woman on stage. Why is there a double standard with gay guys?

Ummm... because society is still massively conservative and stogy? Yep, that's why. Oh, did you say that's not fair? You're right. What's your point?:D
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Who's Adam lambert?
PennyG

Post by PennyG »

I just loved Adam on AI and he is hugely talented for sure.:-6

I wasnt the least offended by his preformance, people said that "kiddies" were up watching, and while that may have been true, it was the Closing number of the show, not the Opening.:rolleyes:

I seem to remember a few years back, when 3 certain singers, Madonna, Britney and Christina made out on stage at an awards show, and no doubt little kids saw that.....but i dont remember an uproar from that.:mad:

Talk about double standards.:mad::mad::mad:

There are always singers who rub against dancers, guy on guy and girl on girl, and some of Lady Gaga preformances have been questionable, and where is the uproar for her, i can remember a show she did not too long ago where she dangled from a rope as if she hung herself covered in blood, didnt hear much about that and traumatizing the kids did we:mad:

Rock on Adam :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Return to “General Music”