Forcing Narcissus

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
G-man

Forcing Narcissus

Post by G-man »

Forcing Narcissus

Perhaps it's merely my aggressive nature :p , but... I enjoy forcing narcissus during The Holidays. This year my narcissus took just two weeks to bloom. Hopefully, they will still be in bloom by the 25th. If not, there's still time to force some more bulbs by this weekend. Who else here forces narcissus?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

Forcing Narcissus

Post by Odie »

G-man;1273573 wrote: Forcing Narcissus

Perhaps it's merely my aggressive nature :p , but... I enjoy forcing narcissus during The Holidays. This year my narcissus took just two weeks to bloom. Hopefully, they will still be in bloom by the 25th. If not, there's still time to force some more bulbs by this weekend. Who else here forces narcissus?

are these ones yours?

I don't force them, however I do buy them in the store in Jan. and Feb. for a show of spring flowers when its so terribly cold out.

my favorites are tulips.
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Forcing Narcissus

Post by G-man »

Odie;1273576 wrote: are these ones yours?

I don't force them, however I do buy them in the store in Jan. and Feb. for a show of spring flowers when its so terribly cold out.

my favorites are tulips.

I never buy them. I only force mine from bulbs. I love watching how fast they grow... sometimes you can actually watch them grow several inches in a few hours! Once they bloom you can cut the stems off after a bit and start it all over. They don't even need soil to grow, just water.

Odie

Forcing Narcissus

Post by Odie »

G-man;1273582 wrote: I never buy them. I only force mine from bulbs. I love watching how fast they grow... sometimes you can actually watch them grow several inches in a few hours! Once they bloom you can cut the stems off after a bit and start it all over. They don't even need soil to grow, just water.

Oh I know how to do it, thing is when they are ready to come upstairs....the cats will chew them.:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Forcing Narcissus

Post by G-man »

I'll post some more narcissus photos later on.

Is anyone growing Amarylis for The Holidays?

Return to “General Chit Chat”