Finally Got Out of the Shelter

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

To anyone here who cares, I finally got out of that horrible place where I was living.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Right ON! That place was not healthy. May good stuff start rolling your way! Looks like it already has! :-6 :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Thats good news Saffron, where are living now then?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;498348 wrote: That's great saffron.. and I do care:-6

I almost put you in the 'I miss' thread, but I put cher there and she wasn't really gone...so I thought perhaps I'd stop..:wah:

You spend too much time in the arcade! :p
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

that's good news, and i hope it means 2007 will be a much better year! :-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

Great news Saf, hope you're happy where you are. :-6
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

This thread has been doubled so I shall repeat myself.

"Hi saffron, sorry I didn't know you were in such dire straits, I don't follow everyones news about whats happening with them. Anyway, I am happy for you if you have managed to get somewhere better, I would imagine that sheltered accommodation would be pretty horrid".
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

Hi Saffron,

I am so happy for you, that must have been awful, to say the least. I hope that 2007 will be a MUCH better year for you!

Insomniac
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
guppy

Post by guppy »

I am so glad ot hear this saffy. i hope you are happier where ever you are...may 2007 treat you really well.....:-4
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

step step step....always baby steps in between the big leaps. Keep moving.
I AM AWESOME MAN
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I am very happy for you Saffron and missed you as well!! Hope your new living arrangements suits you just fine and dandy!!

Happy New Year, here is to New Beginnings!!
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

great news!!!! hope your new year is great!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as you are happy that is the best thing.:-6
Peg

Post by Peg »

What a wonderful way to start out the new year. Good luck to you.:D
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Good news!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Great news, Saffron!!! Sending lots of loving thoughts and good wishes for a much happier 2007!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

that's great news!! :-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Saffron we all care, I had wondered like Floppy where our were? I though maybe you were off for the Holidays.. :o So glad to hear you moving forward, and not looking back..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

:-4 Thanks everyone. I finally feel as if I can concentrate on my life. I'm working at Disneyland a lot lately, over the holidays. And I think that this place where I am living for the last week has a list and a kind of program that, at the end of the 6 month stay I can move into a studio apartment. And I have to get on some kind of a list. Also, I have my own bedroom, with a closet and dressers. It's like a huge nice motel with free food and it's also $65 per week. I already paid for my first week. And there is a pc lab, where I am now on the computer. They have a thing called a "case worker" but I have not been assigned one yet. I actually found this place last summer and was going to come here at that time, but I was in school at night on the nights when they have mandatory meetings. A sort of counseling. so I had to wait till school was out.

I was here at x-mas and we all got a lot of gifts.

So I even quit smoking. I could not even stop over at the old place, way too much stress. And I was going to totally cut off all communication with everyone there, but last night after 9 p.m. when I had free minutes on my cell I began calling my old roomies, but nobody answered, as they had the "lights out" at 9 p.m. rule there. Here where I am, we can sleep in late and can stay out late if we are working. AND there are no men here! A much needed thing for me.

So this morning one of my old guy friends from the old place returned my late night call and he said "so what happened to you?" and I told him about leaving that jerk who I was involvoed with there. And how I got so mad at him and sort of snapped and left. So he told me that the jerk was there last night too. But I was so surprised, thinking that he is still spending the night with that other girl who he was also seeing. Jesus, how did I ever get myself into that mess, I will have to figure out a way to never have to be in a place like that ever again. And be thankful and glad that I found this place.

So I'll keep everyone updated. And hopefully I will get my own place at the end of this stay.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

You've found a way to never be there again.

You got out.

Good work, Saffron.

Keep it up. :D
Belladonna

Post by Belladonna »

I agree! Keep up the good work you are doing for yourself, you are for sure in my thoughts!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Thanks for the update...and glad things are getting better for you! Hope you have a Happy New Year celebration.
Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

Saf, that is such good news! I am very happy for you, and I can tell from your posts that you have learned a lot and become much wiser about avoiding the traps that got you into that old place. I wish you strength and peace in the New Year!

Sue
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
Red

Post by Red »

Didnt realise ur situation saff, not on much so takes me ages to catch up lately sorry! but glad to hear your great news pet

xxx
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Wow! Just logged in here after so long. :-3 And read this post that I did so long ago.

I've been in my own apartment now for like 3 years. I have such a different life now. And I have a cute precious cat named Nala, and 2 dwarf bunnies. One is a tri-color, I named her Priti. And the other is a cream, almost white dwarf bunny with pink eyes and ears, named her Pinkie.

I was so grossed out reading how I lived before. I still have nightmares about that time of my life.

I think that this year will me a good one for me, that's what I've been told.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

It's lovely to see you again, Saffron, and to hear that you've had the courage and determination to make a new start, and that it's working for you!!!! You sound happy!! I wish you a wonderful 2010. Do come back in when you can - there are many new members, but also a lot from those other days who'll remember what you were dealing with.

What's the weather like down your way? Humid and overcast here today. And not a flake of snow in sight... :-6

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

AussiePam;1280152 wrote: It's lovely to see you again, Saffron, and to hear that you've had the courage and determination to make a new start, and that it's working for you!!!! You sound happy!! I wish you a wonderful 2010. Do come back in when you can - there are many new members, but also a lot from those other days who'll remember what you were dealing with.

What's the weather like down your way? Humid and overcast here today. And not a flake of snow in sight... :-6

It's so hot, like around 78 degrees. Hot enough to not wear a jacket. But it gets chilly at night and I put on my heater.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

We're in summer here, of course, and the sea is just the perfect temperature to swim in. For weekend it's shorts and tees, and sleeping, uncovered on top of the bed at night.

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

AussiePam;1280157 wrote: We're in summer here, of course, and the sea is just the perfect temperature to swim in. For weekend it's shorts and tees, and sleeping, uncovered on top of the bed at night.

That's something else, summer. Well here in south Cal, it's never all that cold. It's warm now in January.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I imagine the climate in Sydney is not dissimilar. It doesn't get cold here in winter like it did when I lived in Canberra in the high country.

Sydney and San Francisco are on the same latitude, I think, different sides of the equator.

Are you on the coast? Coastal is usually quite different from inland.

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

AussiePam;1280163 wrote: I imagine the climate in Sydney is not dissimilar. It doesn't get cold here in winter like it did when I lived in Canberra in the high country.

Sydney and San Francisco are on the same latitude, I think, different sides of the equator.

Are you on the coast? Coastal is usually quite different from inland.
I'm not far from the coast, between inland and coast.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website

Return to “Members' News”