Virginia Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

The State of Virginia issued the Amber Alert Friday morning (1-15) after the boy was reportedly abducted by the suspects from his home in Roanoke late Thursday. The boy's stepfather was knocked unconscious by the suspects and a note demanding money was left at the scene.

Aveion Malik Lewis, a black male, 2 years old, 2' 6", 26 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Hhe was last seen wearing a yellow Sponge Bob Squarepants Footie Pajamas.

There are three suspects. The first is know as Tony, a black male in his late 20's, 6' 2", stocky build with a full beard. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie shirt, black Puffy fur collar jacket and a black du rag. The two additional suspects are described as black males, both about 5'11" and in their early to mid 20's, One was wearing a brown hat with white writing. He has a light complexion and no facial hair. The second has Dreadlocks hair a light complexion and was wearing Red baseball cap.

The suspect vehicle is a white 1990's Chevy Blazer.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453 or dial 911.

More at Amber Alert Issued for 2 Year Old Virginia Boy, January 15, 2010
Jazzy

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Jazzy »

I will be praying for this little boy to be found safe and unharmed. This kind of story just breaks my heart. :-1
FUBAR

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by FUBAR »

I just can't think how scared this little child must be. Hope he returns safe and sound. Do you ever report on the results for these alerts?
Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Yes, I do. I will look in a few and see if there are any updates.
Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

No new updates. :-1 He's a cute little guy.

Attached files
Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Still no updates. :(
CARLA

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by CARLA »

UPDATE 5:20 pm 1-19-2010

In a news conference a few minutes ago Roanoke City police say they do NOT believe that 2-year-old Aveion Lewis was abducted. Chief Joe Gaskins says they think the toddler was dead before the 911 call was made last Thurday. The step father, Brandon Lockett, is in custody but has not been charged with the crime.

no body found yet. stepfather admits baby died. the mother never came out to speak to the 'kidnappers'.

and police refuse to comment on real (biological) father. weird.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

CARLA;1283589 wrote: UPDATE 5:20 pm 1-19-2010

In a news conference a few minutes ago Roanoke City police say they do NOT believe that 2-year-old Aveion Lewis was abducted. Chief Joe Gaskins says they think the toddler was dead before the 911 call was made last Thurday. The step father, Brandon Lockett, is in custody but has not been charged with the crime.

no body found yet. stepfather admits baby died. the mother never came out to speak to the 'kidnappers'.

and police refuse to comment on real (biological) father. weird.

Thanks for the update Carla.
spot

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by spot »

Chief Joe Gaskins would look very silly if he's wrong.

We've had several instances in the UK where a relative has been put on TV to appeal for the safe return of a child and subsequently been charged with its abduction or murder, sufficiently often for it to make things difficult for the parents of genuine kidnap victims to face press interviews.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by CARLA »

UPDATE 1-20-2010:

The step-father of two year-old Aveion Lewis has been charged with felony child neglect, improper disposal of a human body, and obstruction of justice. Brandon Lockett was charged today.

Police continue to search for the child's body and will continue looking in wooded areas and near the banks of the Roanoke River.

they can't charge him with murder until they have a body and cause of death.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Ahso!

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Ahso! »

CARLA;1283801 wrote: UPDATE 1-20-2010:

The step-father of two year-old Aveion Lewis has been charged with felony child neglect, improper disposal of a human body, and obstruction of justice. Brandon Lockett was charged today.

Police continue to search for the child's body and will continue looking in wooded areas and near the banks of the Roanoke River.

they can't charge him with murder until they have a body and cause of death. They must not have a confession either, otherwise wouldn't that be enough?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Jazzy

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Jazzy »

Ahso!;1283814 wrote: They must not have a confession either, otherwise wouldn't that be enough?

Would you confess? OMG, this is just so tragic and that poor little boy laying somewhere waiting to be put to rest. Thank you for the update Ahso. :-1
FUBAR

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by FUBAR »

Makes you wonder sometimes about humanity and if some of us really are thinking humans inside.
Ahso!

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Ahso! »

Jazzy;1283848 wrote: Would you confess? OMG, this is just so tragic and that poor little boy laying somewhere waiting to be put to rest. Thank you for the update Ahso. :-1Tell me, jazzy, what it is you think I meant by my post? It wasn't an update.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Peg

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Ahso!;1284088 wrote: Tell me, jazzy, what it is you think I meant by my post? It wasn't an update.

I think where you quoted Carla made her think you did the update.
CARLA

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by CARLA »

UPDATED: 5:08 p.m.

Roanoke police chief Joe Gaskins said today that searchers found the body of a small boy in the Smith Gap Regional Landfill in Western Roanoke County today at 12:30 p.m.

Police looking for missing Roanoke toddler Aveion Lewis had isolated trash originating from the 2100 block of King Charles Avenue in Roanoke, where the 2-year-old lived with his mother and stepfather, Morgan and Brandon Lockett. Teams of searchers found the body in the isolated trash.

The medical examiner's office in Roanoke will identify the body and determine a cause of death. Police did not release details about the age or race of the child found. They also would not say how they believe the child died.

ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by Nomad »

Amber Alert.

WTF is that?
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Virginia Amber Alert

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1295174 wrote: Amber Alert.

WTF is that?

Look up above this post.:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”