Glee

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
mikeinie

Glee

Post by mikeinie »

Ok this new series has started over here, and although it may already may have been around elsewhere it has only been on tv for about 3 weeks now here.

My kids keep talking about it and last night was the first show that I saw. I was expecting to see another ‘Fame’ like show, but it was brilliant. It was so funny.

This is the football scene:

YouTube - football dance

(not great quality but the best I could find)
theia

Glee

Post by theia »

Alison Graham gave it a very good write up in the Radio Times. I think I might watch it when it's on next.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Imladris

Glee

Post by Imladris »

that bit on youtube is brilliant - might have to look out for that!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Odie

Glee

Post by Odie »

been watching it for awhile Mike, its different and tons of fun.
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

Glee

Post by mikeinie »

We are still watching this show and it is brilliant. It is like a show really for teens & kids but with humor for adults as well, so it covers the whole family.

Some of the lines are priceless, especially from Sue (the coach):

Talking about minorities:

“I know what it is like to be a minority, I am 1/16 Cherokee”

"I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one."

(she calls her cheerleaders Cheerios):

“I empower my Cheerios to be champions. Do they go to college? I don't know. I don't care. Should they learn Spanish? Sure, if they wanna become dishwashers and gardeners."

“I'm going to ask you to smell your armpits. That's the smell of failure, and it's stinking up my office."

Sue: "Iron tablet? It keeps your strength up when you menstruate."

Will: "I don't menstruate."

Sue: "Neither do I."

“I, for one, think intimacy has no place in a marriage. Walked in on my parents once and it was like seeing two walruses wrestling."

"I'll often yell at homeless people: 'Hey, how is that homelessness working out for you? Try not being homeless for once.'"

Sue: You'll be adding revenge to the long list of things you're no good at, right next to being married, running a high school glee club and finding a hairstyle that doesn't look like a lesbian.

Sue: I empower my Cheerios to live in fear by creating an environment of irrational, random terror.

Sue: The way you use your mental illness to help these kids is really inspiring.
Odie

Glee

Post by Odie »

I stopped watching it, just couldn't hold my interest.
Amythest

Glee

Post by Amythest »

I watched the show when it started and enjoyed it for the same reasons and More! It is a quality program on so many levels.

Coach Sue ( Jane Lynch) is one of my favourite female actors for a few reasons.

She's not a stereoptypical female and usually her roles push the envelope.

"40 Year Old Virgin" for example. She's the psychiatrist on "Two and a Half Men"

Her delivery, for the lines written, is sardonic and dry.

I don't watch much TV lately tho. I tend to have a few favourites that i tune in on randomly.

I do plan on watching this seasons Survivor tho.

The Heros and Villains, YEA!
mikeinie

Glee

Post by mikeinie »

Odie;1291345 wrote: I stopped watching it, just couldn't hold my interest.

To be honest, if it wasn't for my kids I don't know if I would actually watch it, but because they like it I watch it with them, and really enjoy it, if that makes any sense. :confused:
Odie

Glee

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1291523 wrote: To be honest, if it wasn't for my kids I don't know if I would actually watch it, but because they like it I watch it with them, and really enjoy it, if that makes any sense. :confused:

it happens!

When 90210 came out, my son loved it, I began watching it with him and I loved it myself.:guitarist
gmc

Glee

Post by gmc »

Big bunch of softies

YouTube - Hakka Vs Tongan Wardance
Odie

Glee

Post by Odie »

gmc;1291570 wrote: Big bunch of softies

YouTube - Hakka Vs Tongan Wardance

looks like they are trying to imitate Michael Jackson!:yh_rotfl
Amythest

Glee

Post by Amythest »

Odie;1291603 wrote: looks like they are trying to imitate Michael Jackson!:yh_rotfl

Cool Native intensity.

Maybe MJ was imitating them!:yh_hypno

Back to Glee.:driving:

YouTube - Jane Lynch: The 'Poo' Will Hit the Fan on 'Glee'
curl

Glee

Post by curl »

I had heard that someone is going to out from this season is it right??
koan

Glee

Post by koan »

I was getting worried with season two. The production quality was up but script quality way down. Finally saw some really great improvement with episodes 6 and 7. Yay!! The show is back on track.

I was disliking Will groveling to Emma. Sure she's funny and kind of sexy in a psycho way but groveling just didn't suit him.
curl

Glee

Post by curl »

koan;1344393 wrote: I was getting worried with season two. The production quality was up but script quality way down. Finally saw some really great improvement with episodes 6 and 7. Yay!! The show is back on track.

I was disliking Will groveling to Emma. Sure she's funny and kind of sexy in a psycho way but groveling just didn't suit him.

Well said I too noticed some good changes in episode 7 of Glee. Lets see how Glee seson 2 prove itself in the upcoming days..

Return to “General TV Shows”