Infraction?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

I have come back to visit the garden after a long time away, with a view to becoming a paid member again, only to discover I have been givien an infraction? would it be possible to given exact details of what I Have done, so that I can change things?
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
spot

Infraction?

Post by spot »

Is it not dated, woppy? Has it not expired?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

OK, I realise what it may have been (self promotion)... it was iasn't intended to be and i hadn't realised that was what i was doing, and surely a two point infraction is a bit steep, why not a PM asking me to remove what ever it was, I would have complied, no worries.

Seems a bit harsh, I'm shocked, to be honest, I dont think I'll bother with the paid membership now :(
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Rapunzel

Infraction?

Post by Rapunzel »

You don't CHANGE things Wopster, you COLLECT them.

They're like those jingly charms on a charm bracelet.

I have 73! :sneaky: :D :wah:
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

I dunno, I have never, ever been infracted on any forum before... I'm just a bit taken aback.

I was comming back for a little friendship and the sort, as i'm feeling a bit down and saw the infraction.

Hmmmm
Oscar Namechange

Infraction?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

woppy71;1294076 wrote: I have come back to visit the garden after a long time away, with a view to becoming a paid member again, only to discover I have been givien an infraction? would it be possible to given exact details of what I Have done, so that I can change things?
Good to see you back.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Thanks Oscar :)
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294080 wrote: I dunno, I have never, ever been infracted on any forum before... I'm just a bit taken aback.

I was comming back for a little friendship and the sort, as i'm feeling a bit down and saw the infraction.

Hmmmm

don't take it to heart, a lot of us have also gotten them, sometimes were not sure why either.

welcome back.........and please.....stay.;)

You don't have to be subscribing member to have fun here.:D
Life is just to short for drama.
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Have paid for 6 months, so, I am here to stay :)
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294095 wrote: Have paid for 6 months, so, I am here to stay :)

whoopee Woppy!:D
Nomad

Infraction?

Post by Nomad »

woppy71;1294080 wrote: I dunno, I have never, ever been infracted on any forum before... I'm just a bit taken aback.

Hmmmm

I myself hard as it may be to believe have been infracted. Actually I asked for the infraction because I was afraid of being labeled as too "fluffy".

Youre not to be fooled with. Daddys in the house and people had better watch out.

Good to see ya.
I AM AWESOME MAN
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Hmmmmm.... I have paid for a six month subscription, but I dont seem to have been given my Paid member status or features yet.... does an infraction stop a subscription from working?
abbey

Infraction?

Post by abbey »

Not too sure how long it takes woppy, it may be because of the time difference. TS will be asleep now.

Welcome back :-6
cars

Infraction?

Post by cars »

Welcome back Wop, infraction and all! :)
Cars :)
G#Gill

Infraction?

Post by G#Gill »

Welcome back Woppy ! I think most people on FG have had an infraction at some time or another. Yours will expire soon, so it will be back to a clean sheet. Would love to see you posting more often now you are back, a lot of people have missed you here ! :D :-6 ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294110 wrote: Hmmmmm.... I have paid for a six month subscription, but I dont seem to have been given my Paid member status or features yet.... does an infraction stop a subscription from working?

infractions have nothing to do with it, it should have shown up immediately.

re-check your subscription just to make sure paypal received your payment.
spot

Infraction?

Post by spot »

Odie;1294134 wrote: infractions have nothing to do with it, it should have shown up immediately.There's no automated link between a Paypal receipt and the Supporting Member switch, it has to be set by the site's administrator. It's a manual operation in response to a Paypal-generated email. It's still only 6am over there. Abbey did mention this earlier.

Why the rush and pressure anyway?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

spot;1294137 wrote: There's no automated link between a Paypal receipt and the Supporting Member switch, it has to be set by the site's administrator. It's a manual operation in response to a Paypal-generated email. It's still only 6am over there. Abbey did mention this earlier.

Why the rush and pressure anyway?

anyone can check their paypal account just like a bank account.

It's always showed on mine.

and did he not ask if it had to do with his infraction?

geez just helping a friend Spot!:rolleyes:
spot

Infraction?

Post by spot »

I'm continually amazed at your ability to miss the point, Odie. I've no idea how you manage it so consistently.
Nomad

Infraction?

Post by Nomad »

spot;1294161 wrote: I'm continually amazed at your ability to miss the point, Odie. I've no idea how you manage it so consistently.

Its really not that hard. Once the glazed over look in the eyes appears its all downhill.
I AM AWESOME MAN
minks

Infraction?

Post by minks »

Welcome back Woppy I hope you don't get infracted away from FG again.

Cheers
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Jazzy

Infraction?

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1294161 wrote: I'm continually amazed at your ability to miss the point, Odie. I've no idea how you manage it so consistently.

Sorry but I missed the point as well. Instead of just saying hello and that I'm back, I'm not sure why the OP decided to tell everyone about the infraction. IMO, this should have been addressed in a private message to Admin or Moderators that could have explained it to him. So, if someone could explain the point of this thread, I would very much appreciate it.

BTW, welcome back Woppy and look forward to having you here posting with us. :-6
YZGI

Infraction?

Post by YZGI »

Way to go Woppy for your infarction..he he. Look left under YZGI---Ha!!!
flopstock

Infraction?

Post by flopstock »

Would you folks mind just missing one point at a time for those of us following along from the sidelines?:p

Multiple points is totally pointless in a place that lets you create a thread for each point in and of its-self.:thinking:

Just making the point.:sneaky:

HI WOPPY!!:-4
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1294163 wrote: Its really not that hard. Once the glazed over look in the eyes appears its all downhill.

did you have one to many again?:yh_rotfl
abbey

Infraction?

Post by abbey »

Nomad;1294163 wrote: Its really not that hard. Once the glazed over look in the eyes appears its all downhill.:yh_rotfl
minks

Infraction?

Post by minks »

YZGI;1294185 wrote: Way to go Woppy for your infarction..he he. Look left under YZGI---Ha!!!

braggart!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Patience is a virtue I need to learn, given time i'm sure it will show up. Nice to be back :-6
spot

Infraction?

Post by spot »

Jazzy;1294178 wrote: Sorry but I missed the point as well. Instead of just saying hello and that I'm back, I'm not sure why the OP decided to tell everyone about the infraction. IMO, this should have been addressed in a private message to Admin or Moderators that could have explained it to him. So, if someone could explain the point of this thread, I would very much appreciate it.It's rather like the Prodigal Son returning from years eating acorn husks among foreign swine and finding his bedroom's been turned into a second bathroom and his father's forgotten his name.

The crime's one of perception misperceived in this particular instance, there's absolutely no commercial interest involved, but even if there were it's an appalling misjudgement to infract woppy of all people after so long an absence. The infractions were very unfortunate given woppy's long standing both as a member and one-time moderator on ForumGarden. I hope consideration's being given to revoking them, apologizing and holding a week-long celebration instead.
AussiePam

Infraction?

Post by AussiePam »

Very nice to see you back, Woppy.

I reckon you've shown amazing grace and superior patience, finer feeling and heroic moral fortitude. An example to all of us, in fact.

You might however wish to take issue with the Prodigal Son image. That is of course unless you did spend your time away wallowing in debauchery, you wastrel !! (We want details!!!)

A lesser person would have returned, seen the infraction, had a meltdown, written a scathing monologue in elegiac form, flounced out again and slammed the door.

.. rhymes for infraction...

subtraction, satisfaction,

... rhymes for point ???? :thinking: anoint, smoke a joint...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

along-for-the-ride

Infraction?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Welcome back, Woppy!

It takes two hands................

YouTube - Whopper - two hands

.......to handle a Woppy!

I'm suddenly hungry.................:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

I do like BKs and yes, It DOES take two hands to handle a woppy :wah::sneaky:
buttercup

Infraction?

Post by buttercup »

Hi Woppy, nice to see you back.
Betty Boop

Infraction?

Post by Betty Boop »

woppy71;1294285 wrote: I do like BKs and yes, It DOES take two hands to handle a woppy :wah::sneaky:

:wah: Welcome back Woppy :-6
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Why, thank you all for the welcome back .. hmmmm....infraction threads seem to be quite popular....... this may turn out to be my most popular thread ever... I wonder....... wan..... no. Maybe not. :wah:
buttercup

Infraction?

Post by buttercup »

Your location says Kent, thought you were in Edinburgh? What happened?
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

My brother lives in Edinburgh... I've always been in Kent :)
pinkchick

Infraction?

Post by pinkchick »

Hey Woopy :)

Good to see you back :-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Glad to be back. :-6

I've sent a mail to the site admin as my paid sub is still not showing up, so hopefully all be sorted soon :)
Imladris

Infraction?

Post by Imladris »

I've never had an infraction, does it sting or does a cream help?
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

Nope. Just causes acute confusion and paranoia.....:wah:
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294515 wrote: Nope. Just causes acute confusion and paranoia.....:wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

did you check your pay pal account to see if it went through Woppy?
woppy71

Infraction?

Post by woppy71 »

aha! all appears to be sorted now..... A big thank you to those behind the scenes :)
Odie

Infraction?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294565 wrote: aha! all appears to be sorted now..... A big thank you to those behind the scenes :)

looking good!:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”