Do you have a clean driving licence?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Oh, you do! Well done. Since when, though?

No? Oh dear. What did you do?

You've never had a driving licence? Have you tried getting one. or are you going to?

:)
minks

Post by minks »

Bill Sikes;1297393 wrote: Oh, you do! Well done. Since when, though?

You've never had a driving licence? Have you tried getting one. or are you going to?

Hey good to see you back posting, welcome back.

I have a clean driving licence and have had so for ummmmmmmm about 10 years. No tickets of any kind. I guess that comes with age, the need for speed isn't there anymore... :yh_rotfl

You mean there are people out there driving without a driving licence, I presume you mean what we call a drivers licence here, the id card that says you are legal to drive a class 5 vehicle?
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

minks;1297397 wrote: Hey good to see you back posting, welcome back.

Thank you ma'm, I thought I'd better try and "up" the posting rate, and exchange a few ideas.

minks;1297397 wrote: I have a clean driving licence and have had so for ummmmmmmm about 10 years. No tickets of any kind. I guess that comes with age, the need for speed isn't there anymore... :yh_rotf

I dunno - I did 80 miles in 40 minutes last year, 'cos I was a bit late picking up the Young Master. The old banger ran like a sewing machine. Still, I don't speed often at all these days, you may be right.

At the moment I've a "clean" licence. I have in the past had two points (for no "L" plates on a motorbike) and three (48 in a 30 limit, driving an "outfit").

minks;1297397 wrote: You mean there are people out there driving without a driving licence, I presume you mean what we call a drivers licence here, the id card that says you are legal to drive a class 5 vehicle?

There are a few people who don't drive. They have to use "public transport", God help them, or bicycles, or feet.

What's a "class 5 vehicle"? Here, we have a driving licence that allows "groups" of vehicles to be driven, e.g. cars (vehicles up to 3500Kg, with a few other restrictions, but generally all cars/light vans are OK); motorbikes (with capacity/power restrictions depending on your tested ability), lorries, etc.
minks

Post by minks »

Bill Sikes;1297399 wrote: Thank you ma'm, I thought I'd better try and "up" the posting rate, and exchange a few ideas.

I dunno - I did 80 miles in 40 minutes last year, 'cos I was a bit late picking up the Young Master. The old banger ran like a sewing machine. Still, I don't speed often at all these days, you may be right.

At the moment I've a "clean" licence. I have in the past had two points (for no "L" plates on a motorbike) and three (48 in a 30 limit, driving an "outfit").

There are a few people who don't drive. They have to use "public transport", God help them, or bicycles, or feet.

What's a "class 5 vehicle"? Here, we have a driving licence that allows "groups" of vehicles to be driven, e.g. cars (vehicles up to 3500Kg, with a few other restrictions, but generally all cars/light vans are OK); motorbikes (with capacity/power restrictions depending on your tested ability), lorries, etc.

Oh we have a class system for drivers licences,

Class 1 (professional - any vehicle)

Class 2 (professional - Bus)

Class 3 (3 axle plus)

Class 4 (professional - Taxi, Ambulance)

Class 5 (2 axle, cars, light trucks, motorhomes or mopeds)

Class 6 (motocycle & moped)

Class 7 (learners, 2 axel & motorcycle & moped)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I let mine expire shortly after my last car "expired".:wah:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I have always had a 'clean' driving licence, and am very proud of that fact (boring old frat !). That didn't mean that I always stuck to the speed limits etc. perhaps I was a little more observant than some drivers :lips:

In order to gain a reduction on my insurance, and to strike a blow for women drivers - not necessarily in that order :wah: I took and passed first time my Institute of Advanced Motorist examination! :p One thing I have always had a yen to do is drive on a 'skid pan', but I have never had the opportunity to do that :(

My car is a Volvo 850 'T5' Turbo (sh!t off a shovel) white saloon, and I love it ! My son christened it 'Jaws' - can't think why :wah: I do prefer to drive a bigger car (for some reason I find I can reverse and park more easily in a bigger car !). That's mine in my avatar :) :-6

By the way, I also have a full motorcycle licence !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Queen_of_Hearts

Post by Queen_of_Hearts »

I have always had a clean license as well! It's a miracle seeing as I speed a lot LOL
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I guess if we don't have a 'clean' drivers licence we must be shitbags, huh Bill?
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1297442 wrote: I guess if we don't have a 'clean' drivers licence we must be shitbags, huh Bill?

I don't know, it's your guess, which seems rather shallow as a statement. Whether or not someone with a "dirty" licence is a shitbag or not depends upon what they've done to get the points, I should have thought.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1297423 wrote: One thing I have always had a yen to do is drive on a 'skid pan', but I have never had the opportunity to do that :(

good fun that .........did some of that when i worked for a certain car manufacturer not 30 miles away from us ;)............did quite a bit of test track driving too doing evaluations on new models...........not glamerous as it sounds cos the novelty wears off very quickly and it becomes VERY boring! :D

as to the original question

no..........3 points last year......37 mph in a 30 zone at 7.30 on a sunday morning :yh_angry...........first time ive had points since i passed my test in 1980
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Post by Odie »

first of all, you missed by post that said Happy belated Birthday for last Friday!:D

I've been driving since I was 16, never had a ticket nor accident.

touch wood.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

beowulf;1297452 wrote: 37 mph in a 30 zone at 7.30 on a sunday morning yh_angry

Hah. That's a risky time - no-one else about, so their attention gets sharply focussed on individuals!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Odie;1297456 wrote: first of all, you missed by post that said Happy belated Birthday for last Friday!:

Oh, arr. perhaps I'll save the balloons up for a few days more; it's "Happy pre-birthday"! TYVM.

Odie;1297456 wrote: I've been driving since I was 16, never had a ticket nor accident.

Gah! You're *too* good!.

I forgot about crashes. Apart from the usual self-inflicted things affecting no-one else, I've had a van pull out in front of my motorbike, & a lorry pull onto a roundabout in front of my car. No damage to self, but the car was pretty bent. I am *very* glad indeed that run-under bars on lorries are legally required, else I'dve been jammed under the thing.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Bill Sikes;1297461 wrote: Hah. That's a risky time - no-one else about, so their attention gets sharply focussed on individuals!

it was a bloody camera! :-5
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1297476 wrote: it was a bloody camera! :-5

Aha, there you are Beowulf, those speed cameras don't work shifts, and never sleep ! :( :sneaky:

As a matter of interest, which road was it on? Just so's I keep my eyes peeled for the camera!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

beowulf;1297476 wrote: it was a bloody camera! :-5

What - one of those blinking great things in a blinking great eyesore of a yellow box that one often sees beside roads??

;)
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1297478 wrote: those speed cameras never sleep ! :( :sneaky:

they do after i introduce them to my friend Barry...................................Barry the Baseball Bat :yh_rotfl

it was on the road between Arnold and Baseford Crossings

Attached files

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Bill Sikes;1297482 wrote: What - one of those blinking great things in a blinking great eyesore of a yellow box that one often sees beside roads??

;)

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Points? Once in a car and several times on the bikes but currently clean.

Accidents? Once in a car and several times on the bikes but not recently.

Hoppy, over here speeding fines are a source of revenue for the Police so points on the license are a fact of life - no-one would consider those without a clean license to be shitbags and there was no suggestion to that effect in the OP.
dubs

Post by dubs »

I've had a licence since 1973, never had any points.....:driving:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

In about 40 years of driving, I received one speeding ticket. I was driving 72 mph instead of the55 mph I was supposed to. The fine hurt. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Bill Sikes;1297462 wrote: Oh, arr. perhaps I'll save the balloons up for a few days more; it's "Happy pre-birthday"! TYVM.

Gah! You're *too* good!.

I forgot about crashes. Apart from the usual self-inflicted things affecting no-one else, I've had a van pull out in front of my motorbike, & a lorry pull onto a roundabout in front of my car. No damage to self, but the car was pretty bent. I am *very* glad indeed that run-under bars on lorries are legally required, else I'dve been jammed under the thing.

not always good, lucky!:yh_rotfl

your birthday is this Friday?

You were lucky my friend, I wish we had run under bars!

lorries are buses right Bill?
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”