Today's Election Poll...

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Taken from Govpoll.

CON 38%(-1), LAB 31%(-1), LDEM 19%(+1).

Looks like 5 more years with Gordon Brown then?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Bruv »

"A day is a long time in politics"
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Imladris

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Imladris »

oscar;1301122 wrote: Taken from Govpoll.

God forbid, I'll be off if he is, don't know where but it'll be far, far away
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

Imladris;1301131 wrote: God forbid, I'll be off if he is, don't know where but it'll be far, far away
Labour took a dip at the budget but that's normal. They just keep gaining :confused::confused:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Imladris

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Imladris »

oscar;1301132 wrote: Labour took a dip at the budget but that's normal. They just keep gaining :confused::confused:

Oi you, are you just trying to make me unhappy? I was quite looking forward to the Easter break and four days off - don't ruin it for me :wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

Imladris;1301133 wrote: Oi you, are you just trying to make me unhappy? I was quite looking forward to the Easter break and four days off - don't ruin it for me :wah:
I have to say that I am bemused as to why they are gaining. The Tories need to win 177 EXTRA seats for a full majority, which going by the polls, they can not do.

I rely on polls these days far more than years ago. Now, you can vote online and they are extremely accurate.

Maybe It's just the thought of Camaron as PM being way too scarey for people. The old story of 'Better the Devil you Know'.
gmc

Today's Election Poll...

Post by gmc »

oscar;1301122 wrote: Taken from Govpoll.

You actually believe that a leader more than two thirdsof the population don't want should get to form a government? It's been that way since 1997 and was the same under thatcher. We don't have democracy any more it's a kind of elected dictatorship.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

gmc;1301252 wrote: You actually believe that a leader more than two thirdsof the population don't want should get to form a government? It's been that way since 1997 and was the same under thatcher. We don't have democracy any more it's a kind of elected dictatorship.

Looks like your not going to get the hung parliment your hoping for.
gmc

Today's Election Poll...

Post by gmc »

oscar;1301258 wrote: Looks like your not going to get the hung parliment your hoping for.

A lot depends what happens in scotland, if labour lose seats to the snp things might get interesting. Don't think they will but on the other hand I do know a lot of die hard labour supporters that are very angry at labour.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

gmc;1301362 wrote: A lot depends what happens in scotland, if labour lose seats to the snp things might get interesting. Don't think they will but on the other hand I do know a lot of die hard labour supporters that are very angry at labour.
I'm not that sure the SNP can take seats from Labour In Scotland although I Imagine a few lost deposits for the Tories there.
gmc

Today's Election Poll...

Post by gmc »

oscar;1301390 wrote: I'm not that sure the SNP can take seats from Labour In Scotland although I Imagine a few lost deposits for the Tories there.

Tories! What are they? Don't think I've seen one for decades. John prescott has been visiting trying to bolster the new candidate - the sitting MP is one of those going on trial. The council went SNP at the last local elections but so far only two of the new SNP councillors have been arrested for fraud. Labour are slightly better are not getting caught.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

gmc;1301413 wrote: Tories! What are they? Don't think I've seen one for decades. John prescott has been visiting trying to bolster the new candidate - the sitting MP is one of those going on trial. The council went SNP at the last local elections but so far only two of the new SNP councillors have been arrested for fraud. Labour are slightly better are not getting caught.
I think come the election, the fraud episode won't effect voting due to all Parties being as bad as each other. Ironically, the only Party that has not seen any-one even slighted by expenses fraud Is the BNP. Which reminds me, I really must get my moat dredged.

Presser will have a hard job there If the sitting MP Is going on trial.
Bruv

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1301418 wrote: Ironically, the only Party that has not seen any-one even slighted by expenses fraud Is the BNP.

How many of them are there ?
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

Bruv;1301437 wrote: How many of them are there ?

2 Euro's... 109 Council seats
Bruv

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1301440 wrote: 2 Euro's... 109 Council seats

The Euro's are feather bedded already.......(according to old Nick)

And who cares about a few Local Councilors ?
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

Bruv;1301443 wrote: The Euro's are feather bedded already.......(according to old Nick)

And who cares about a few Local Councilors ?
Trust me... From my time on Council Committee's, the Councils are the very very worst. If you knew the scandalous waste of money while we put up with Pot Holes In the road you'd be horrified.
Bruv

Today's Election Poll...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1301444 wrote: Trust me... From my time on Council Committee's, the Councils are the very very worst. If you knew the scandalous waste of money while we put up with Pot Holes In the road you'd be horrified.

Maybe so, but the revelations have not gone as far as Local Councils as far as I know.................so the BNP don't qualify for sleaze yet
gmc

Today's Election Poll...

Post by gmc »

oscar;1301418 wrote: I think come the election, the fraud episode won't effect voting due to all Parties being as bad as each other. Ironically, the only Party that has not seen any-one even slighted by expenses fraud Is the BNP. Which reminds me, I really must get my moat dredged.

Presser will have a hard job there If the sitting MP Is going on trial.

???

BNP fail to publish European expenses details - Telegraph

Nick Griffin, the British National Party leader and MEP, has not published details of his own expenses despite campaigning on an anti-sleaze platform during European elections.

We badly need proportional representation. We have MP's getting elected who do not have the support of their constituents. that's why people aren't voting they know it will make little difference and neither of the two main parties have anything to gain and everything to lose by bringing it in. I'm surprised the BNP don't support it they are one of the party's that stand to gain.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

gmc;1301905 wrote: ???

BNP fail to publish European expenses details - Telegraph

Well, Take It from one that knows. The BNP were no later In submitting their accounts than any other Party... However, Typical of the gutter press... They blow It all out of proportion to make a story and Imply some-thing sinister when there was never a problem In the first place :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
gmc

Today's Election Poll...

Post by gmc »

oscar;1301930 wrote: Well, Take It from one that knows. The BNP were no later In submitting their accounts than any other Party... However, Typical of the gutter press... They blow It all out of proportion to make a story and Imply some-thing sinister when there was never a problem In the first place :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The gutter press on this occasion was the paper that first exposed the MP's expenses scandal. Just for once they did what a free press is supposed to do and quite frankly their credibility is a bot higher than nick griffins. I notice he's quite happy to stick his nose in the trough and hop on the Brussels gravy train when it suits him.
Oscar Namechange

Today's Election Poll...

gmc;1302004 wrote: The gutter press on this occasion was the paper that first exposed the MP's expenses scandal. Just for once they did what a free press is supposed to do and quite frankly their credibility is a bot higher than nick griffins. I notice he's quite happy to stick his nose in the trough and hop on the Brussels gravy train when it suits him.
Yes but there Is no scandal of Griffin and expenses from him or any of his people. He was merely a few days late submitting his accounts. He has not been accussed of any-thing and he Is an elected member of the European parliment and there-fore as entitled to claim his funding as any other MEP.

The latest Gov polls sees Labour still rising.

Attached files

Return to “Current Political Events”