Gill's talk mutter hut

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi everyone,

seems to be very slow on here tonight, taking a while to get things posted !!!

glad to see you back again gill and to hear you had a good day out too. as odie said, its good to get away for a bit.............

beautiful pics too, nice to see another part of our country side............:-6
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

mornin everyone,

horrible wet dull day today..................

just done a big pan of chicken stew so what with the vegetables in that, prunes and bran flakes i had the other day, i could be a busy girl later :o:o:wah:

wally has been for his walk, he's now laying in a damp stinky heap on his towel,having left wet paw marks all over me wood floors...............:rolleyes:

24hrs and i will be on me way to hospital.............. god, i hope they dont say ive got to stay in this cast any longer :(
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308354 wrote: mornin everyone,

horrible wet dull day today..................

just done a big pan of chicken stew so what with the vegetables in that, prunes and bran flakes i had the other day, i could be a busy girl later :o:o:wah:

wally has been for his walk, he's now laying in a damp stinky heap on his towel,having left wet paw marks all over me wood floors...............:rolleyes:

24hrs and i will be on me way to hospital.............. god, i hope they dont say ive got to stay in this cast any longer :(

Morning everyone!

Your becoming more able everyday, awesome!

poor Wally, all wet and yucky smelling!:yh_rotfl

Its wintery cold here today!:mad:
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone!

Gill, I'm so glad you are back and your pictures are beautiful! That cottage is just the place I need to be right now. Love to fish and it looks so peaceful there. I was worried about you and the next time you take a few days off you better let me know :wah:

Helen, I wish you the very best when your cast comes off. When I had my surgery and had a below the knee cast for 8 weeks it drove me nuts. It was okay in the beginning but then it started to itch and I also had a sharp edge. I stuck , like Odie said, tissues in there. After the cast came off I had to wear an orthopedic shoe, use crutches and go to physical therapy for 4 weeks to streghten the muscles in that leg. I damn near killed myself using the crutches because nobody showed my the proper way to use them. They also killed my arm pits until I padded the crutches with towels. I hope you don't have to go through any of that but if you do, at least that heavy cast is off and you can shave your hairy leg :wah:

Odie, let's rent that cottage together and do some fishing. I'll catch the fish and you can clean them :wah: Got any boy toys I can borrow? :lips:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Sorry Jazzy! But things happen, and life is a bitch sometimes, as we all know. I didn't want to inflict my miseries on the threads! They come and they go :rolleyes:

Odie, I hope you didn't get those awful thunderstorms as well as it being so cold for you!

Helen, not long now Mrs.!!! Oh the gorgeous pong of outdoors wet dog ! :(:-5 Still, Wally will be happy :wah: It was so good of you to invite us all to demolish your chicken stew though ;) :sneaky:

BETTY BOOP GET ON WITH YOUR REVISION !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well it's dull, cloudy and occasionally spitting with rain, but I managed to stir myself and go and vote :rolleyes:

I also managed to return sandals that were not comfortable when I tried them on - mail order. I also managed to order some different ones, but they were a bit more expensive, grrrrrrrrrrr. I seem to live in 'Jesus boots' most of the year round, and after 4 years, my favourite pair died on me - they got a huge split across the sole on each sandal, so there was no point in trying to repair them! They have been consigned to the wheelie bin!

I am at present wearing a pair of cheapo Italian sandals, which are not as good as my favourites, but any port in a storm.

These are very like the ones I've had, and the ones I'm getting to replace them!

Yet another piece of useless information :yh_rotfl

It seems my day is chocker block full of exciting happenings :rolleyes: :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1308383 wrote: Good morning everyone!

Gill, I'm so glad you are back and your pictures are beautiful! That cottage is just the place I need to be right now. Love to fish and it looks so peaceful there. I was worried about you and the next time you take a few days off you better let me know :wah:

Helen, I wish you the very best when your cast comes off. When I had my surgery and had a below the knee cast for 8 weeks it drove me nuts. It was okay in the beginning but then it started to itch and I also had a sharp edge. I stuck , like Odie said, tissues in there. After the cast came off I had to wear an orthopedic shoe, use crutches and go to physical therapy for 4 weeks to streghten the muscles in that leg. I damn near killed myself using the crutches because nobody showed my the proper way to use them. They also killed my arm pits until I padded the crutches with towels. I hope you don't have to go through any of that but if you do, at least that heavy cast is off and you can shave your hairy leg :wah:

Odie, let's rent that cottage together and do some fishing. I'll catch the fish and you can clean them :wah: Got any boy toys I can borrow? :lips:

Now that's what we both need, to get away to a cottage and fish!

I love fishing, large-mouth bass are my favorite.

and I have lots of boy toys in my garage for those cold nights.:lips:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1308394 wrote: Sorry Jazzy! But things happen, and life is a bitch sometimes, as we all know. I didn't want to inflict my miseries on the threads! They come and they go :rolleyes:

Odie, I hope you didn't get those awful thunderstorms as well as it being so cold for you!

Helen, not long now Mrs.!!! Oh the gorgeous pong of outdoors wet dog ! :(:-5 Still, Wally will be happy :wah: It was so good of you to invite us all to demolish your chicken stew though ;) :sneaky:

BETTY BOOP GET ON WITH YOUR REVISION !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well it's dull, cloudy and occasionally spitting with rain, but I managed to stir myself and go and vote :rolleyes:

I also managed to return sandals that were not comfortable when I tried them on - mail order. I also managed to order some different ones, but they were a bit more expensive, grrrrrrrrrrr. I seem to live in 'Jesus boots' most of the year round, and after 4 years, my favourite pair died on me - they got a huge split across the sole on each sandal, so there was no point in trying to repair them! They have been consigned to the wheelie bin!

I am at present wearing a pair of cheapo Italian sandals, which are not as good as my favourites, but any port in a storm.

These are very like the ones I've had, and the ones I'm getting to replace them!

Yet another piece of useless information :yh_rotfl

It seems my day is chocker block full of exciting happenings :rolleyes: :yh_rotfl

You know you could have emailed me!:-5

The storm was not what they predicated just some rain.

I hate trying on sandals, it takes me forever to find a comfy one, so I'm wearing my old ones!:-5

Your style is what I normally buy, as I can loosen or tighten them when my feet swell!:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

just tried to down load pic of the shoes i normally wear and theyve changed it all again :-5:-5

why cant they leave things like they were ??
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1308445 wrote: just tried to down load pic of the shoes i normally wear and theyve changed it all again :-5:-5

why cant they leave things like they were ??

I think they call it improvement ! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1308451 wrote: I think they call it improvement ! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

dont laugh at me................... you know im as thick as two short planks :p

i just dont know how to get them on here anymore.................:D :rolleyes:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS TO GO NOW :D:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1308481 wrote: dont laugh at me................... you know im as thick as two short planks :p

i just dont know how to get them on here anymore.................:D :rolleyes:

I wasn't laffing at you, I was being sarcy about the so-called 'improvements' ! :p

OK. Get photobucket up. type what you want in the 'search' tab, press 'search'

When you get to the page of selection of pics, click on the pic you want. That pic will come up on another page, wipe your cursor over the pic and if it is less than 75% it will come up too big on the thread, [ so you will have to edit it and reduce it's size which I will explain how, if you need to do that.] or you should find another pic which is 75% plus.

With the pic on the page, scroll down and on the left is a selection for sharing the image. The bottom (last) one IMG Code, click and hold down the left button as you gently slide the cursor along the code number (it will change colour to blue), making sure you have the complete number.

Let go the left click button and click the right button, a selection will show, right click on copy, move your cursor to your post frame. Make sure that the flashing black line on the post frame is where you want the pic to be (you can use the left click button at this stage without affecting what the right click button has done, you can also press the 'enter' key to move the flashing black line to where you want the pic to be). When you have established where you want the pic to be, then click the right button and from the selection offered pick 'paste' and click the right button. The code for the pic will immediately appear in your post frame where the flashing black line was. Check that all is OK by pressing 'preview post' under your post frame - the code will change to the pic ! If satisfied, and have finished your post, click left on 'submit reply'..........Job done :D
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1308491 wrote: ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS TO GO NOW :D:yh_rotfl

Fingers, toes and anything else crossed for you Helen ! ;) :-6 :D
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308491 wrote: ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS TO GO NOW :D:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

7-45am.

up dressed and ready to rock........................

shame ive got another two and a half hours to go init ??????:rolleyes::o:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1308494 wrote: I wasn't laffing at you, I was being sarcy about the so-called 'improvements' ! :p

OK. Get photobucket up. type what you want in the 'search' tab, press 'search'

When you get to the page of selection of pics, click on the pic you want. That pic will come up on another page, wipe your cursor over the pic and if it is less than 75% it will come up too big on the thread, [ so you will have to edit it and reduce it's size which I will explain how, if you need to do that.] or you should find another pic which is 75% plus.

With the pic on the page, scroll down and on the left is a selection for sharing the image. The bottom (last) one IMG Code, click and hold down the left button as you gently slide the cursor along the code number (it will change colour to blue), making sure you have the complete number.

Let go the left click button and click the right button, a selection will show, right click on copy, move your cursor to your post frame. Make sure that the flashing black line on the post frame is where you want the pic to be (you can use the left click button at this stage without affecting what the right click button has done, you can also press the 'enter' key to move the flashing black line to where you want the pic to be). When you have established where you want the pic to be, then click the right button and from the selection offered pick 'paste' and click the right button. The code for the pic will immediately appear in your post frame where the flashing black line was. Check that all is OK by pressing 'preview post' under your post frame - the code will change to the pic ! If satisfied, and have finished your post, click left on 'submit reply'..........Job done :D

gonna have to write that down, got half way thru it and forgot what i had to do next :-5:-5

what ever happens i will have a fortnight to practise lol !!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi each !

Gawd, I can hear the electric saw from here! :eek: Thinking of you Helen! Everything is crossed ;)

Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone! :-6

Helen today is the big day and I'm sending nothing but best wishes for you :-4

Gill: I hope you are doing well. :guitarist

Odie: WAKE UP and make us some coffee :-5
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1308609 wrote: Good morning everyone! :-6

Helen today is the big day and I'm sending nothing but best wishes for you :-4

Gill: I hope you are doing well. :guitarist

Odie: WAKE UP and make us some coffee :-5

Good Morning, there's coffee in your room for everyone!:-5:-5

I can hear that saw Gill!:yh_rotfl

Helen, take a easy when you get home eh?:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi guys,

its now 4-30pm and ive been home 20mins !!!!

got there early, they saw me 20mins past my appointment time and took the the plaster off, wheeled me back to the waiting room where i waited for an hour and a half !!! they then took me into a side room to see the doctor where i waited nearly two hours cos they had forgotton about me !!!!!!

because they didnt send me for the required x ray, i then had to go for that so again i was dumped in the waiting room.

it was only cos i lost the plot, the doctor finally got round to seeing me...............

i was then told that the unit that fitted the air boot shut at 12-30 and i couldnt be seen.

i then lost what little bit of plot there was left and they put me back in plaster and told me to come back on monday at 10am..................

i then got told ive got TWELVE WEEKS in the air boot and i need another operation to remove the screws or my ankle will seize up and i wont walk properly again.

it will be at least a year before the swelling goes completely down and i will then be able to go back to some sort of normality.

im devastated............. my job is gone now cos that all takes me up to the end of july, the season is just about over then !!!

gonna have a fag and a cuppa now and try and pull meself together ..............
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308684 wrote: hi guys,

its now 4-30pm and ive been home 20mins !!!!

got there early, they saw me 20mins past my appointment time and took the the plaster off, wheeled me back to the waiting room where i waited for an hour and a half !!! they then took me into a side room to see the doctor where i waited nearly two hours cos they had forgotton about me !!!!!!

because they didnt send me for the required x ray, i then had to go for that so again i was dumped in the waiting room.

it was only cos i lost the plot, the doctor finally got round to seeing me...............

i was then told that the unit that fitted the air boot shut at 12-30 and i couldnt be seen.

i then lost what little bit of plot there was left and they put me back in plaster and told me to come back on monday at 10am..................

i then got told ive got TWELVE WEEKS in the air boot and i need another operation to remove the screws or my ankle will seize up and i wont walk properly again.

it will be at least a year before the swelling goes completely down and i will then be able to go back to some sort of normality.

im devastated............. my job is gone now cos that all takes me up to the end of july, the season is just about over then !!!

gonna have a fag and a cuppa now and try and pull meself together ..............

Oh Helen, I don't know what to say, seems your having so much bad luck.:(

Hopefully with this air boot, you can get around on a cane.

sending hugs and prayers.:-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen, I'm so sorry. What a mess! What bloody idiots! They must have bloody well known the air boot unit closed at 12.30 ! FFS what patient rights ????? It's pathetic! They obviously cannot consider the feelings of the patient, perhaps a stiff letter of complaint might give them something else to disregard! :rolleyes: It's a pity you didn't have somebody there with you. It's OK for them, look at all the extra hassle they are causing you ! Having to arrange yet another lift to the hospital etc. This was caused by them, so by rights they should lay on the transport for no bloody charge!!!! :mad:

Let's hope that this can be sorted on Monday. 12 weeks in an air boot? Flamin hell! The operation is understandable and acceptable under the circumstances but when would they perform that? 3 months in an air boot................ I suppose at least you may be a little more ambulant though. Will they supply crutches for you and show you how to manage with them?

Poor you, Helen, I wish I was bloody nearer mate! I hope you can get transport OK for Monday.

If you want a good vent, be my guest, either PM or email, my ears can take it !;)

Thinking of you Mrs, just try to chill a little bit. Practise your photobucket stuff !

:-6 :D

:-4
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill and odie,

having a bit of a "my life is over " moment but a lot calmer than i was.

whats done is done isnt it ?? just got to live with it now.

i can do a certain amount of weight bearing now, thats the up part of it and gradually over the weeks it will become more............

ive been practising on me crutches indoors, within falling distance of the chairs :rolleyes: and i feel a lot safer now. it certainly isnt as tiring as hopping everywhere !!

just got to get on to the council and job center and see what advice they can give me..............

BUT i must be out of here before next winter cos i cant afford another electricity bill like the last one, thats for sure.

it also means im gonna have to struggle with dog walking for a bit longer too.

perhaps after a good nights sleep things might be clearer, ive done more today than i have for a long while and its worn me out :rolleyes:
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Oh, Helen, I am so sorry to hear this :-1 Hang in there, babe, and things will get better. I had to be in that air boot also and had to go through months of physical therapy. The good thing is (and I know you don't think there's one right now) that my leg is the same now as it was before my surgery. Damn the job as that is not your priority right now. Getting yourself healthy and working as hard as you can to overcome this is your priority now. Jobs come and go but NOTHING is more important than you. :-4 Been there, Helen, and I know it's hard right now but soon you'll be kicking butt! :wah: You want the screws out or people might be able to say "you have a screw loose".....I do but it just isn't in my foot :lips:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Jazzy;1308706 wrote: Oh, Helen, I am so sorry to hear this :-1 Hang in there, babe, and things will get better. I had to be in that air boot also and had to go through months of physical therapy. The good thing is (and I know you don't think there's one right now) that my leg is the same now as it was before my surgery. Damn the job as that is not your priority right now. Getting yourself healthy and working as hard as you can to overcome this is your priority now. Jobs come and go but NOTHING is more important than you. :-4 Been there, Helen, and I know it's hard right now but soon you'll be kicking butt! :wah: You want the screws out or people might be able to say "you have a screw loose".....I do but it just isn't in my foot :lips:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

people have been telling me that for years :D
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Bless you, Helen, you'll feel a bit more human after a night's sleep I'm sure. It's all been a shock to the system I know. My son has a way of coping with stuff, he thinks of the worst scenario, comes to terms with having to accept that, then if the worst should happen it's not quite so much of a shock. So when the worst does not actually occur, it is a pleasant and relieving surprise. Mind you the thinking of the worst scenario gets you down somewhat in the meantime! :rolleyes:

I've just had a thought :rolleyes: How about contacting the council and asking for some financial assistance towards your 'taxi' to and from hospital, your cost for hiring a dog walker etc. or just a cash grant towards help as you are incapacitated and dependent on other people to do things for you, and you cannot work - has your doctor signed you off by the way, so you can claim unemplyment/incapacity benefit and anything else, like your flat rent/electric/etc. I say 'If you don't ask you don't get'. Mind you I expect you've covered all these things anyway. Sorry, teaching grandmother to suck eggs again ! :rolleyes: Chins up Mrs! XXX

Just found this bit of silliness, may bring a smile!

YouTube - Brown and Camron Poll Dancers upset London commuters

YouTube - the two ronnies - cleaning ladies song

:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1308709 wrote: Bless you, Helen, you'll feel a bit more human after a night's sleep I'm sure. It's all been a shock to the system I know. My son has a way of coping with stuff, he thinks of the worst scenario, comes to terms with having to accept that, then if the worst should happen it's not quite so much of a shock. So when the worst does not actually occur, it is a pleasant and relieving surprise. Mind you the thinking of the worst scenario gets you down somewhat in the meantime! :rolleyes:

I've just had a thought :rolleyes: How about contacting the council and asking for some financial assistance towards your 'taxi' to and from hospital, your cost for hiring a dog walker etc. or just a cash grant towards help as you are incapacitated and dependent on other people to do things for you, and you cannot work - has your doctor signed you off by the way, so you can claim unemplyment/incapacity benefit and anything else, like your flat rent/electric/etc. I say 'If you don't ask you don't get'. Mind you I expect you've covered all these things anyway. Sorry, teaching grandmother to suck eggs again ! :rolleyes: Chins up Mrs! XXX

Just found this bit of silliness, may bring a smile!

YouTube - Brown and Camron Poll Dancers upset London commuters

YouTube - the two ronnies - cleaning ladies song

:yh_rotfl
think me and andy have got a lot in common lol

i used to think of things in comparison to going to tea with my great aunt kath, she of strong religious convictions and knee length bloomers :o:D ( and banana sandwiches with crusts removed !!! )

it was never as bad as i thought it was going to be :wah:

im going to get mondays trip to hospital over and done with then crack on with sorting everything else. i know that the job center and C A B will do home visits then with (hopfully ) some useful advice from the C A B, i am going to tackle the council about re housing.

having thought that in 2wks time i could make a tentative return to work :-2, ive taken this last few as my holiday for this year.

the job isnt going to happen, i know, and have resigned myself to this and im going to do what my friend suggested this afternoon................ shut the door on what has happened, take a step back, take the rest of the year off, regain my composure and my wits and start over again.

rushing into stuff is not going to make things better and ive worked bloody hard all my life................. its me time now :D
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Good for you, Helen! Now that is being positive! I'm sure you will be able to find a job when you are much better - something like a store till operator (where you can sit and take the weight off your brain :wah:). There are many places that fight shy of employing young people because they are not as reliable as older employees.

I'm chuffed you are going to get CAB etc helping your cause, as I'm sure that with doctor's letters and CAB advice, and possibly CAB solicitor's letter you could get sorted with a council house, or a ground floor flat (considering Wally, as I think up in our area at any rate, they allow dogs and cats provided you are on the ground floor with access to a garden). It worries me that you are not earning, so how can they expect you to pay your rent or electricity ? Well I'm sure that will get sorted.

It's so good to hear you a little more positive ! Your friend is quite right, you've worked hard all your life, so it's now 'me' time, it's time you were more selfish Mrs.

Look after number one, and Wally ! ;) :p :wah:

Have you got that 'photobucket' sorted yet ???? :lips:

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308705 wrote: hi gill and odie,

having a bit of a "my life is over " moment but a lot calmer than i was.

whats done is done isnt it ?? just got to live with it now.

i can do a certain amount of weight bearing now, thats the up part of it and gradually over the weeks it will become more............

ive been practising on me crutches indoors, within falling distance of the chairs :rolleyes: and i feel a lot safer now. it certainly isnt as tiring as hopping everywhere !!

just got to get on to the council and job center and see what advice they can give me..............

BUT i must be out of here before next winter cos i cant afford another electricity bill like the last one, thats for sure.

it also means im gonna have to struggle with dog walking for a bit longer too.

perhaps after a good nights sleep things might be clearer, ive done more today than i have for a long while and its worn me out :rolleyes:

just when you thought............and your world came crashing down!:-5

don't give up, that cast comes off Monday and I'm sure the boot will be much easier to get around with.

Can you apply for unemployment insurance?

try and have a good nights sleep, things will feel better tomorrow as all of this has taken a toll.

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1308727 wrote: Good for you, Helen! Now that is being positive! I'm sure you will be able to find a job when you are much better - something like a store till operator (where you can sit and take the weight off your brain :wah:). There are many places that fight shy of employing young people because they are not as reliable as older employees.

I'm chuffed you are going to get CAB etc helping your cause, as I'm sure that with doctor's letters and CAB advice, and possibly CAB solicitor's letter you could get sorted with a council house, or a ground floor flat (considering Wally, as I think up in our area at any rate, they allow dogs and cats provided you are on the ground floor with access to a garden). It worries me that you are not earning, so how can they expect you to pay your rent or electricity ? Well I'm sure that will get sorted.

It's so good to hear you a little more positive ! Your friend is quite right, you've worked hard all your life, so it's now 'me' time, it's time you were more selfish Mrs.

Look after number one, and Wally ! ;) :p :wah:

Have you got that 'photobucket' sorted yet ???? :lips:

not yet, gonna wait til my brain has caught up with the rest of me so that could be a while yet :driving::wah:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1308733 wrote: just when you thought............and your world came crashing down!:-5

don't give up, that cast comes off Monday and I'm sure the boot will be much easier to get around with.

Can you apply for unemployment insurance?

try and have a good nights sleep, things will feel better tomorrow as all of this has taken a toll.

you're right, its only two days and i can walk on it a little bit now too so thats helping.

i know i will sleep tonight, ive done far more today than i have in 6wks and im shattered now :rolleyes:
Betty Boop

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Betty Boop »

Cor blimey Helen what a bad lot you got at the hospital! Sorry after all that the news was the worst it could possibly be too :(

Keep with the positive attitude though that's a great outlook hun.

CAB will be good, they can help you with that electric bill too, I'm sure they undertake dealing with the company for you by offering a weekly amount you can afford to pay it off with. Worst comes to the worst the electric company can put a key meter in and then they deduct a certain amount each week. I'm sure you must now be entitled to incapacity benefit or something. Who is your local MP, get them on the case of your wasted trip, miles to the nearest hospital, all this centralisation is all very well but they keep forgetting how crap the local transport network is down here :-5

Yes, I've been revising before I get shouted at, my son was home today poorly so I've done bits and pieces in between doling out sympathy for his man flu (cough and cold) :D
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308736 wrote: you're right, its only two days and i can walk on it a little bit now too so thats helping.

i know i will sleep tonight, ive done far more today than i have in 6wks and im shattered now :rolleyes:

it sounds like you are feeling better and now that you can get around better, that's wonderful.:guitarist

You may have done to much today and your stress level certainly would have been high, do go to bed and get some rest.:-4
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning everyone,

i managed to have a lay in this morning.................... didnt get up til 8-15am :rolleyes::wah:

its my youngest daughters 37th birthday today............ how old am i feeling right now ??:-2

poor wally has hurt his back leg, though hes walking very carefully on it, it seems to be sticking out at a bit of an angle.

its these damn wood floors, he slides all over the place on them and sometimes lately, he seems to struggle to jump on the bed ( yes i know, he shouldnt be on there really :o )

keep forgetting he's no spring chicken now. i'll let the little girl take him out in a minit, minus his ball, and see how he gets on............... otherwise its the vets later !!!!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Betty Boop;1308738 wrote: Cor blimey Helen what a bad lot you got at the hospital! Sorry after all that the news was the worst it could possibly be too :(

Keep with the positive attitude though that's a great outlook hun.

CAB will be good, they can help you with that electric bill too, I'm sure they undertake dealing with the company for you by offering a weekly amount you can afford to pay it off with. Worst comes to the worst the electric company can put a key meter in and then they deduct a certain amount each week. I'm sure you must now be entitled to incapacity benefit or something. Who is your local MP, get them on the case of your wasted trip, miles to the nearest hospital, all this centralisation is all very well but they keep forgetting how crap the local transport network is down here :-5

Yes, I've been revising before I get shouted at, my son was home today poorly so I've done bits and pieces in between doling out sympathy for his man flu (cough and cold) :D

mornin bb,

thats my main problem, my little flat seems to be part of a little complex thats been added on to the back of what was once a small hotel.

all the electric meters are in the main house and i cant get in, without going to the estate agent to get the key. im not sure of the legality of that nor am i sure that if i got a key cut when the original one is in my hands, would i be in trouble ????

we've got a new MP now so got to find out how to get in touch with him. from what ive seen of the letters in the guardian and the newquay voice, all most folk round here are interested in with him, is his stand on the hunting ban !!!!!!

as if we aint got enuff problems !!!:rolleyes:

i shall be having something to say on monday, when i return to the hospital, i was just too stressed and confuddled to get my point over very clearly yesterday.

its not easy when your face is covered in snot tears and tissues :o (sorry. couldnt put that in any other way :D )
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Helen, and all!

I shall be going out for the rest of the day very soon, will be back early evening!

Helen if your floors are all 'naked' wood, then try to find a rug (poss. at charity shop) that you can anchor under your bed leg, to give Wally some purchase so he can get up on your bed. He may have just twinged something in his leg, which may work off during the day or so. It may also be a bit of rheumatism? Sometimes Rex picks up a thorn between his pads - difficult to spot, but when removed, he's straight back to normal having licked his thanks all over our face ! :wah: With regard to wooden floors, Rex has difficulty with those, so we have carpets down for him, he slides all over otherwise! A dog can easily pull something if it slips awkwardly. If Wally has arthritis, ask the vet about Cartrophen injections - Rex has those, was every quarter but now he's every month - he's 15 1/2/ years old (not bad for a German Shepherd eh?).

Glad you've been able to mop your face Mrs. I'm sure I'd have been just the same in your shoes! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Just give em what for on Monday ! What they did to you was inexcusable!

Take care, Helen - see you later hopefully - take it easy ! ;) :-6
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1308797 wrote: Hi Helen, and all!

I shall be going out for the rest of the day very soon, will be back early evening!

Helen if your floors are all 'naked' wood, then try to find a rug (poss. at charity shop) that you can anchor under your bed leg, to give Wally some purchase so he can get up on your bed. He may have just twinged something in his leg, which may work off during the day or so. It may also be a bit of rheumatism? Sometimes Rex picks up a thorn between his pads - difficult to spot, but when removed, he's straight back to normal having licked his thanks all over our face ! :wah: With regard to wooden floors, Rex has difficulty with those, so we have carpets down for him, he slides all over otherwise! A dog can easily pull something if it slips awkwardly. If Wally has arthritis, ask the vet about Cartrophen injections - Rex has those, was every quarter but now he's every month - he's 15 1/2/ years old (not bad for a German Shepherd eh?).

Glad you've been able to mop your face Mrs. I'm sure I'd have been just the same in your shoes! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Just give em what for on Monday ! What they did to you was inexcusable!

Take care, Helen - see you later hopefully - take it easy ! ;) :-6

ive been toying with the idea of getting a fitted carpet for the living room, ( it might improve things warmth wise too !! )

its got to be a hessian back one cos the foam back will stick to the floor :thinking: and if it marks it, i will have to pay for damage. i did have a rug beside my bed but removed it for MY safety at the moment.

horrible grey sort of nothing day today and pretty cold too.

the dog came back from his walk ok but seems to have seized up a little bit again,

will let him have a quiet day and see how it goes..............

having a bit of a shot at some housework now but ive come to a dead stop at the moment............ its all soo much effort rite now :rolleyes:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308792 wrote: morning everyone,

i managed to have a lay in this morning.................... didnt get up til 8-15am :rolleyes::wah:

its my youngest daughters 37th birthday today............ how old am i feeling right now ??:-2

poor wally has hurt his back leg, though hes walking very carefully on it, it seems to be sticking out at a bit of an angle.

its these damn wood floors, he slides all over the place on them and sometimes lately, he seems to struggle to jump on the bed ( yes i know, he shouldnt be on there really :o )

keep forgetting he's no spring chicken now. i'll let the little girl take him out in a minit, minus his ball, and see how he gets on............... otherwise its the vets later !!!!!

wow, 8:15 is just to late to sleep!:yh_rotfl

oh no, poor Wally! Why can't he go on your bed? My cats enjoy my bed in the afternoon and they sleep with me.

see how he is, it may just be lightly bruised.

Its cold here, really cold, time to bring back out the winter coat.:-5
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning Gill!

yup....to damn cold here and not enough sleep!:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning all,

looks like a nice day out there but still so cold...............

got up early cos the dog walker was going to be here at 8am cos shes going out for the day....................... 8-20 now and no sign of her !!!!:-5

going to do myself a nice cooked breckfast in a bit............. spent a fortune on grocerys yesterday as up til now, ive given the friend a list of bare essentials that i needed and didnt realize i'd got so low on everything else.

im going to make enquires about putting wally in doggie day care 3 days a week. mondays thru to weds are getting to be a problem now :( just depends on how i am after ive had these damn screws out.

apart from getting this boot thing fitted, i dont go back to hospital til 4th june !!! so i know i wont be doing much til after then :-2

they might do pensioners rates for looking after him, might aswell take advantage of me age now hadnt i ?? it does have some benefits :D
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone!

Woke up this morning and it's 36 degrees and we are getting snow showers :-5 I'm am so sick of this nasty weather :( Still fighting this sinus infection and my stomach and ribs are so sore from coughing :-1 It's Mother's Day here today and I feel sorry for people who have to go out on this nasty day.

Helen: I've sent my dogs to doggie day care and they just loved it. They get to play with and meet other dogs. Where I am they can go to day care for a full day and it only costs $12. Well worth the money and they come home so exhausted that they eat and then put themselves to bed. :wah: I had Midnight out this morning for a short ride and gave him a hug from his "Auntie Helen."

Gill: Was thinking about you the other day. I went to the doctor and in front of the office they have the most beautiful cherry tree. It's in full bloom and I was mad because I forgot to bring my camera :-5 Hope all is well with you :-4

Odie: How did your plants do with the hail you got? I hope they didn't get ruined :(
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning Everyone!

cold, cold and cold here, to damn cold!:-5

Helen, groceries do cost a lot when you need everything, I have that every 4 weeks or so, what happened to Wally's walker?

Doggie dare care sounds like an excellent idea!

Good Morning Gill!:yh_rotfl

what a horrible Mother's Day, not that I care, my son has to work.:lips:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi each! Quite a nice sunny day here, at the moment, but there are some iffy clouds bearing down - could rain maybe.

The breeze is keeping the temps down, and blowing my lovely cherry tree blossom off ! grrrrrrrrrr I've had to take some more pics before the cherry is blossomless even though the lilac is not quite fully out! I'll put a few pics up in a minute.

Helen, I hope your dog walker arrived OK and Wally got his walk. Hope he's walking better BTW, poor old boy :) Doggie care seems to be a very good idea, and I'm sure he will enjoy being fussed and having a few doggie 'pals' to discuss the political issues of the day with :wah: Hopefully there may be a discount for ancient owners :sneaky: :wah: ;)

Hi Jazzy! Happy Mother's Day Mrs. You aint arf gettin' it cold there and wet! Hoping your sinus infection clears up soon, what a bummer!

Odie, Happy Mother's Day to you! Lovely weather for it, by the sounds of it! :rolleyes: Yes, as Jazzy says, I hope the weather hasn't done too much damage to your plants. I think you need some warm sun ! :-6

Well it's been ten days since my first blossom pics were taken (post 1357 ), so here are the follow-up ones...................................

Attached files
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi once again,

there are hundereds of cherry blossom trees round here and they really are spectacular this year.............. sadly the wind is doing its damage so we've got a multi coloured carpet of petals on the ground !!

wallys walker turned up at 9am................. her usual time :-5 and we've just taken him in the car to one of his favorite spots so hes had another good run, hes now sleeping that and his dinner off in MY chair:rolleyes:

back to hospital at 9am............. lets hope it goes a bit better than friday :mad:

i have a table beside my chair with kettle suger tea bags etc on so i dont have to keep getting up to make a drink............... the milk has gone off :( so ive still got to go to the kitchen :rolleyes:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

happy mothers day to you both odie and jazzy,

hope you have both had a good day and you feel better soon jazzy :-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1308943 wrote: Hi each! Quite a nice sunny day here, at the moment, but there are some iffy clouds bearing down - could rain maybe.

The breeze is keeping the temps down, and blowing my lovely cherry tree blossom off ! grrrrrrrrrr I've had to take some more pics before the cherry is blossomless even though the lilac is not quite fully out! I'll put a few pics up in a minute.

Helen, I hope your dog walker arrived OK and Wally got his walk. Hope he's walking better BTW, poor old boy :) Doggie care seems to be a very good idea, and I'm sure he will enjoy being fussed and having a few doggie 'pals' to discuss the political issues of the day with :wah: Hopefully there may be a discount for ancient owners :sneaky: :wah: ;)

Hi Jazzy! Happy Mother's Day Mrs. You aint arf gettin' it cold there and wet! Hoping your sinus infection clears up soon, what a bummer!

Odie, Happy Mother's Day to you! Lovely weather for it, by the sounds of it! :rolleyes: Yes, as Jazzy says, I hope the weather hasn't done too much damage to your plants. I think you need some warm sun ! :-6

Well it's been ten days since my first blossom pics were taken (post 1357 ), so here are the follow-up ones...................................

lovely pics!:guitarist

Went to see my mom, which is a long drive, she was sleeping!:-5

Then went to see my brother and his wife as they are just 1 minute from mom's, they were out and my son works today and its damn cold, so I am in a foul mood!:-5
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1308948 wrote: hi once again,

there are hundereds of cherry blossom trees round here and they really are spectacular this year.............. sadly the wind is doing its damage so we've got a multi coloured carpet of petals on the ground !!

wallys walker turned up at 9am................. her usual time :-5 and we've just taken him in the car to one of his favorite spots so hes had another good run, hes now sleeping that and his dinner off in MY chair:rolleyes:

back to hospital at 9am............. lets hope it goes a bit better than friday :mad:

i have a table beside my chair with kettle suger tea bags etc on so i dont have to keep getting up to make a drink............... the milk has gone off :( so ive still got to go to the kitchen :rolleyes:

Happy Mothers Day!

glad she showed up and you had a good day!

good luck tomorrow Helen!:-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1308948 wrote: hi once again,

Good Luck On Monday !
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1308951 wrote: lovely pics!:guitarist

Went to see my mom, which is a long drive, she was sleeping!:-5

Then went to see my brother and his wife as they are just 1 minute from mom's, they were out and my son works today and its damn cold, so I am in a foul mood!:-5

Well that's just brilliant !!!! Never mind Odie, Sunday will soon be over, and the day done !

Here's something for you to 'pig out' on, just to chill you out after a frustrating day!

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1308966 wrote: Well that's just brilliant !!!! Never mind Odie, Sunday will soon be over, and the day done !

Here's something for you to 'pig out' on, just to chill you out after a frustrating day!

oh that whole thing looks good right now!:yh_rotfl

wanna join me?

I'll make us some coffee

thanks Gill!:-4

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”