Gill's talk mutter hut

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

morning all,

up and ready to go so thanks for all your thoughts for today, :-4

:fingers crossed i dont spend another 5hrs in there !!:-5

will get back here later and let you know what happens............... :rolleyes:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

11-30............ been there, done that, back home AND we stopped for coffee !!!!

its not the most elegant thing in the world........ but i can take it off when i want to but I must NOT forget what im doing and walk on it naked, so to speak :D

i desperately need a shower but im going to wait til the freind comes round tonight and do it then, so at least theres someone in the house just in case.

now they are telling me its just four weeks...............wish they would make their damn minds up !!!!:-5 but that would take it to the 3months i was told in the first place and if it goes by as quick as the last 7 weeks has then it wont be too bad will it ??
Betty Boop

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Betty Boop »

Helen;1309073 wrote: 11-30............ been there, done that, back home AND we stopped for coffee !!!!

its not the most elegant thing in the world........ but i can take it off when i want to but I must NOT forget what im doing and walk on it naked, so to speak :D

i desperately need a shower but im going to wait til the freind comes round tonight and do it then, so at least theres someone in the house just in case.

now they are telling me its just four weeks...............wish they would make their damn minds up !!!!:-5 but that would take it to the 3months i was told in the first place and if it goes by as quick as the last 7 weeks has then it wont be too bad will it ??

Better experience this morning then! Glad to hear it. The air boot sounds easier to live with and I'm sure the time will pass much quicker. Enjoy your shower tonight, I bet just that alone will make you feel a lot better :-6

Back to revision... first exam tomorrow :(
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Helen;1309073 wrote: 11-30............ been there, done that, back home AND we stopped for coffee !!!!

I'm so happy this worked out for you this time Helen! Didin't it feel great to have that heavy and nasty cast taken off? I had to wear my air boot for only 4 weeks too. I took it off every chance I could just to get some air to my leg and foot. I also couldn't wait to take a nice hot shower and it felt so good to be really clean again. Sponge baths just don't cut it :wah: You're smart to wait until you have your friend there with you before you get in the shower. Do you have any pain since the cast came off? I'm so happy for you I could burst! :-4

Hello Gill! Came in for some coffee but I see you didn't make any this morning :-5

It's nice and sunny here today but still very cold. Tonight they said the temperature will be 28 degrees and and there's a frost warning for the smaller plants and newly planted trees/shrubs. This is just the craziest May I have ever had the UNPLEASURE to live through. Seems like the world is going crazy and the seasons are all backwards! :(

Odie: WAKE UP it's time to make me some fudge :wah: Is your weather this crazy too?
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

The boot does sound much easier to get around in.

They probably never knew just how long it would take at the time.

be patient......we'll get you there.:-4

Good Morning Gill, I brought coffee for everyone!

still cold here.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi everyone,

its still cold here too although the sun is out, below average tempretures so they are saying and they are still warning us of frost here too.....

the other thing ive got to learn too is walking properly again instead of hop,,, shuffle,,, hop shuffle :wah:

no pain, jazzy, just a bit uncomfortable cos my whole foot is enclosed now which has given me more stabilty too.

just been on facebook and saw that my bosses son has been taken back into hospital for the THIRD time in two weeks....... he had his appendix out and they found he had a massive abcess on it which keeps re appearing !! they either havnt done the op properly or hes not following the advice hes been given :rolleyes:

just wondering how they are coping without muggins here and if they have finally realized just how much i have done up there !!!:sneaky:

right, im going to dissappear into the bowels of the freezer and see what i can find for my tea:D

think i can start using the oven now i can stand more securely and at least everything wont be boiled or fried now ;)
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1309127 wrote: hi everyone,

its still cold here too although the sun is out, below average tempretures so they are saying and they are still warning us of frost here too.....

the other thing ive got to learn too is walking properly again instead of hop,,, shuffle,,, hop shuffle :wah:

no pain, jazzy, just a bit uncomfortable cos my whole foot is enclosed now which has given me more stabilty too.

just been on facebook and saw that my bosses son has been taken back into hospital for the THIRD time in two weeks....... he had his appendix out and they found he had a massive abcess on it which keeps re appearing !! they either havnt done the op properly or hes not following the advice hes been given :rolleyes:

just wondering how they are coping without muggins here and if they have finally realized just how much i have done up there !!!:sneaky:

right, im going to dissappear into the bowels of the freezer and see what i can find for my tea:D

think i can start using the oven now i can stand more securely and at least everything wont be boiled or fried now ;)

Glad your not in pain, do take it slow......and be careful using the oven.

your bosses son sure is having his problems, bet they miss you.

have you talked to your boss about being off and then returning or is it something you don't want to do?

Bought some new fishes today, male and females so they will produce.

two are red and black.

two are orange and red.

I love my fishes!:-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone!

Helen, its nice we are friends now on facebook!

Gill, where are you ffs?

rain all day and tomorrow makes Odie a moody dog!:lips::yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi each - had so much to do yesterday, just didn't dare come online till very late :yh_rotfl

So glad you had a better day yesterday, Helen, just so long as you don't take up football with that air boot! :yh_rotfl Did you have the pins removed ? I would think you feel a lot better today, also being able to have a shower ! Four weeks isn't so bad, that's only 28 days ! :-6 :D

Betty B, all the very best with your exams today ! ;) :-6 :D

Hi Jazzy, you aint arf gettin some dreadful weather ! Having said that, it's not very warm where I am in England, although we've got a bit of sunshine at least, and only a few showers. It's the breeze that is making the difference, and blowing my lovely cherry tree blossoms off. My grass is covered with pink confetti ! :wah:

Odie you'll be growing gills and fins like your fishes, with all the rain you're getting! Surely it can't go on all summer like that, can it? I suppose one should be grateful it isn't snow ! :lips:

Attached files
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi everyone,

had a good day so far, got a lot done and have been waiting for a visit from the doggy day care people so waited til they'd been til i came on here.

they took him out for a walk to see how they got on with him and i had a bit of paper work to fill in.

it was a bit like sending one of my kids off on their first day at school, too quiet for comfort :D

he will be with other dogs, which im sure will do him the world of good.

they live a little way away so some travelling exspenses may be incurred but i dont care, he loved them and they loved him too so im happy for him to go............ its not fair on him to be cooped up like he is, hes now flat out in my chair :rolleyes: and alls well in his little world. !!

what i will miss is our nana nap in the afternoons...........:D
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1309356 wrote: Hi each - had so much to do yesterday, just didn't dare come online till very late :yh_rotfl

So glad you had a better day yesterday, Helen, just so long as you don't take up football with that air boot! :yh_rotfl Did you have the pins removed ? I would think you feel a lot better today, also being able to have a shower ! Four weeks isn't so bad, that's only 28 days ! :-6 :D

Hi Jazzy, you aint arf gettin some dreadful weather ! Having said that, it's not very warm where I am in England, although we've got a bit of sunshine at least, and only a few showers. It's the breeze that is making the difference, and blowing my lovely cherry tree blossoms off. My grass is covered with pink confetti ! :wah:

Odie you'll be growing gills and fins like your fishes, with all the rain you're getting! Surely it can't go on all summer like that, can it? I suppose one should be grateful it isn't snow ! :lips:

not had the pins removed yet gill and not looking forward to that bit cos it will be done under local anesthetic so ive been told:-2 still, i dont have to look to do i ??:-3

and its only 27 now :rolleyes: but dont worry, im not gonna start that again:wah:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Eeeee, so pleased Wally will be OK with the doggie day care people. Will they feed him as well?

Hey, Helen, don't you go doing too much Mrs. just because you've found your feet ! :yh_rotfl oops! .................... Well at least you have a little more independence and can get around without major planning ! I did ask if you'd had your pins removed, or will you have to have them removed at some later date?

I bet you enjoyed your shower last night - now you'll feel all kleeeeeeeeeeeen :-6

It's been quite sunny here today so far, but there are one or two clouds approaching, so I expect there will be a shower or two shortly. Chris has just taken Rex for a walk, so I have the dog towel at the ready. :-5

When I look in the cctv monitor, I keep thinking it's snowing - the breeze is blowin' all me lovely cherry tree blossoms off and our lawn at the front is covered in confetti grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Still, I think it has lasted better than it did last year, and I was able to get a photo of the cherry and lilac out together, more or less. Very pretty, and it's a pity that it can't last longer.

I know what I meant to ask you, Helen, there was an incident at one of the hotels in Newquay, several days ago where some people were trapped in a lift or something, and it crashed to the ground! Do you know anything about it? :(
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

That's me ! :yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1309136 wrote: Glad your not in pain, do take it slow......and be careful using the oven.

your bosses son sure is having his problems, bet they miss you.

have you talked to your boss about being off and then returning or is it something you don't want to do?

Bought some new fishes today, male and females so they will produce.

two are red and black.

two are orange and red.

I love my fishes!:-4

hi odie,

ive always wanted a "marine " tank as we call them over here, with all the corals and brightly coloured fish. ive been told they are hard to establish.

its not actually keeping them that is supposed to be the problem but the transportation between the fish shop and your home............you have to be careful of a sudden drop in tempreture while you're moving them apparantly.

might be something to think about in a few years when i no longer have my dear old dog................ at least i wont have to get up at some ungodly hour in the cold and wet to look after them !!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1309379 wrote: Eeeee, so pleased Wally will be OK with the doggie day care people. Will they feed him as well?

Hey, Helen, don't you go doing too much Mrs. just because you've found your feet ! :yh_rotfl oops! .................... Well at least you have a little more independence and can get around without major planning ! I did ask if you'd had your pins removed, or will you have to have them removed at some later date?

I bet you enjoyed your shower last night - now you'll feel all kleeeeeeeeeeeen :-6

It's been quite sunny here today so far, but there are one or two clouds approaching, so I expect there will be a shower or two shortly. Chris has just taken Rex for a walk, so I have the dog towel at the ready. :-5

When I look in the cctv monitor, I keep thinking it's snowing - the breeze is blowin' all me lovely cherry tree blossoms off and our lawn at the front is covered in confetti grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Still, I think it has lasted better than it did last year, and I was able to get a photo of the cherry and lilac out together, more or less. Very pretty, and it's a pity that it can't last longer.

I know what I meant to ask you, Helen, there was an incident at one of the hotels in Newquay, several days ago where some people were trapped in a lift or something, and it crashed to the ground! Do you know anything about it? :(

it was the same night as my grandaughters prom, the hotel victoria have their own private lift down to the beach from inside the hotel and it was this lift with several people in it that crashed..............

we could see all the emergency services from where we were and they had to use the inshore life boat to get to them cos the tide was in. one chap had a broken leg, the others were badly bruised and shaken up so a VERY lucky escape for them all !!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309356 wrote: Hi each - had so much to do yesterday, just didn't dare come online till very late :yh_rotfl

there's always time for friends!:lips::yh_rotfl

s n o w? we did have a tad on Sunday!

May is known here for strange weather.

I already have Gill!::yh_rotfl

Helen;1309370 wrote: hi everyone,

had a good day so far, got a lot done and have been waiting for a visit from the doggy day care people so waited til they'd been til i came on here.

they took him out for a walk to see how they got on with him and i had a bit of paper work to fill in.

it was a bit like sending one of my kids off on their first day at school, too quiet for comfort :D

he will be with other dogs, which im sure will do him the world of good.

they live a little way away so some travelling exspenses may be incurred but i dont care, he loved them and they loved him too so im happy for him to go............ its not fair on him to be cooped up like he is, hes now flat out in my chair :rolleyes: and alls well in his little world. !!

what i will miss is our nana nap in the afternoons...........:D

awwwww Wally's first day of school.:-6

he will love being with other dogs!:guitarist

I'll have a nana nap for you!:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Jazzy;1309095 wrote: I'm so happy this worked out for you this time Helen! Didin't it feel great to have that heavy and nasty cast taken off? I had to wear my air boot for only 4 weeks too. I took it off every chance I could just to get some air to my leg and foot. I also couldn't wait to take a nice hot shower and it felt so good to be really clean again. Sponge baths just don't cut it :wah: You're smart to wait until you have your friend there with you before you get in the shower. Do you have any pain since the cast came off? I'm so happy for you I could burst! :-4

Hello Gill! Came in for some coffee but I see you didn't make any this morning :-5

It's nice and sunny here today but still very cold. Tonight they said the temperature will be 28 degrees and and there's a frost warning for the smaller plants and newly planted trees/shrubs. This is just the craziest May I have ever had the UNPLEASURE to live through. Seems like the world is going crazy and the seasons are all backwards! :(

Odie: WAKE UP it's time to make me some fudge :wah: Is your weather this crazy too?

hi jazzy,

im afraid the boot is pretty heavy too :( i tried to sleep in it last night but that didnt work, cos it comes in two halves i took one bit off and that didnt really work either so i took it all off and spent the rest of the night worrying i might bang it against the wall or the dog might lay on it !!!!:rolleyes:

hopefully tonight will be different.

when i got up this morning it looked like a proper foot again, all the swelling had gone and it was feeling ok but it felt so much better after i washed it and i bet i used half a bottle of moisturiser on it too...............:D
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1309383 wrote: hi odie,

ive always wanted a "marine " tank as we call them over here, with all the corals and brightly coloured fish. ive been told they are hard to establish.

its not actually keeping them that is supposed to be the problem but the transportation between the fish shop and your home............you have to be careful of a sudden drop in tempreture while you're moving them apparantly.

might be something to think about in a few years when i no longer have my dear old dog................ at least i wont have to get up at some ungodly hour in the cold and wet to look after them !!!

Your talking about salt water tanks....they are expensive and a lot of work.

there are tons of things that need to be done.

mine is a tropical fish tank with regular tap water......100X easier.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309380 wrote:

That's me ! :yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

this is you to!....you missed it the other day.:wah:

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1309474 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

this is you to!....you missed it the other day.:wah:

No I didn't miss it the other day!!!! Don't know where you found it :wah: However, I refer you back to my pink 'happy Tuesday' pic - says it all :rolleyes: :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen, is it possible to fashion a sort of cage (something like they have in hospitals), to stick your foot under? I was thinking of perhaps one of those garden flowerbed 'fences' made out of plasticised wire which can be bent to a shape. You know the sort of thing I'm thinking of. Just a thought, would at least keep Wally away from your leg and foot! Perhaps the hospital could lend you one? Or maybe your GP could help? :-3
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1309508 wrote: Helen, is it possible to fashion a sort of cage (something like they have in hospitals), to stick your foot under? I was thinking of perhaps one of those garden flowerbed 'fences' made out of plasticised wire which can be bent to a shape. You know the sort of thing I'm thinking of. Just a thought, would at least keep Wally away from your leg and foot! Perhaps the hospital could lend you one? Or maybe your GP could help? :-3

the nurse did suggest a stout cardboard box, i'll see how i get on tonite, feeling a bit more confident now, just hope i dont need the loo too many times but at least i can just put half the boot on for that, just as long as i dont stand on it !!! :D
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309500 wrote: No I didn't miss it the other day!!!! Don't know where you found it :wah: However, I refer you back to my pink 'happy Tuesday' pic - says it all :rolleyes: :yh_rotfl

it does!:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

No need to flamin well agree, madam ! :-5 :p :wah:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309541 wrote: No need to flamin well agree, madam ! :-5 :p :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

just a quick Good Morning Gill & Helen, off for an appointment, good grief this forum is running slow, rain, rain and more rain!:-5
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone!

Helen: I never took that boot off when I went to bed for fear I would tangle my foot in the blankets/sheets and break it again. My feeling was that if I could sleep with the cast then I could sleep with this boot. I just would rather not take any chances and after awhile I was able to ignore it and fall asleep. The only times I took the boot off was when I showered or when I sat in my recliner to give my leg some air. I figured I had come this far and, again, I wasn't taking any chances of something bad happening. How is Wally and is he enjoying doggie day care?

Gill: I love the cherry trees and I wanted to order one but I'm told that because my soil here is "sandy" the tree wouldn't survive :-5 I live in what is called Apple Country so I have ordered two apple trees. They flower before the apples start growing so I have to be satisfied with that for now. My lilac bushes started to bloom but with the temps going below freezing at night they are done for the season now :(

Odie: Can you keep your rain in Canada and stop sending it my way? :wah: So depressing to wake up and it's raining and go to bed and it's raining. If it were raining money we'd both be very wealthy right now! :D

Talk to you all soon and next time I stop by, I hope I find some coffee and fudge waiting for me :-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1309650 wrote: Good morning everyone!

Helen: I never took that boot off when I went to bed for fear I would tangle my foot in the blankets/sheets and break it again. My feeling was that if I could sleep with the cast then I could sleep with this boot. I just would rather not take any chances and after awhile I was able to ignore it and fall asleep. The only times I took the boot off was when I showered or when I sat in my recliner to give my leg some air. I figured I had come this far and, again, I wasn't taking any chances of something bad happening. How is Wally and is he enjoying doggie day care?

Gill: I love the cherry trees and I wanted to order one but I'm told that because my soil here is "sandy" the tree wouldn't survive :-5 I live in what is called Apple Country so I have ordered two apple trees. They flower before the apples start growing so I have to be satisfied with that for now. My lilac bushes started to bloom but with the temps going below freezing at night they are done for the season now :(

Odie: Can you keep your rain in Canada and stop sending it my way? :wah: So depressing to wake up and it's raining and go to bed and it's raining. If it were raining money we'd both be very wealthy right now! :D

Talk to you all soon and next time I stop by, I hope I find some coffee and fudge waiting for me :-4

I would think the boot stays on at night also.

my neighbor has two new black cherry trees......the squirrels ate all the fruit last year.:yh_rotfl

I know this rain is coming from Canada, Mustang has reminded me several times!:yh_rotfl

here is some coffee for everyone, fudge for you, chocolates for Helen and brownies for Gill!

happy now?:lips:

Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi everyone,

had a quiet day in all senses of the word..........

wallys not long come home, had his dinner, did a quick check to make sure all was as he left it and is now snoring in my chair, apparantly hes been swimming too so i know he's had a good day :)

i managed to escape the house today, i have a door from my bedroom to the little patio, it dosnt have a step.............. why i didnt think of that before now, i shall never know :rolleyes:

ive dug my "funeral " shoes out :D theyve got a little heel on, which brings my good foot up to the same height as the one with the boot on....... its saved my back and hip so much strain and feels more comfortable to walk.

still pretty chilly here, despite the sunshine.

hope everyones had a good day :-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1309704 wrote: hi everyone,

had a quiet day in all senses of the word..........

wallys not long come home, had his dinner, did a quick check to make sure all was as he left it and is now snoring in my chair, apparantly hes been swimming too so i know he's had a good day :)

i managed to escape the house today, i have a door from my bedroom to the little patio, it dosnt have a step.............. why i didnt think of that before now, i shall never know :rolleyes:

ive dug my "funeral " shoes out :D theyve got a little heel on, which brings my good foot up to the same height as the one with the boot on....... its saved my back and hip so much strain and feels more comfortable to walk.

still pretty chilly here, despite the sunshine.

hope everyones had a good day :-4

oh wonderful, doggy day care has swimming for him!:-6

sounds like your getting good ideas every day, nice that you have a patio you can go and sit.

still cold here to.

just going for my nana nap!:yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi jazzy,

its a bit like being in a cocoon isnt it ?? i was told i could take it off at night but it didnt feel right and like you, ive come this far....................

took advantage of the dog being out today and took it off and lay on the couch for the afternoon :D
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1309670 wrote: I would think the boot stays on at night also.

my neighbor has two new black cherry trees......the squirrels ate all the fruit last year.:yh_rotfl

I know this rain is coming from Canada, Mustang has reminded me several times!:yh_rotfl

here is some coffee for everyone, fudge for you, chocolates for Helen and brownies for Gill!

happy now?:lips:

thanks for the chocs........ i think............. i know ive piled on a few pounds these last few weeks :-2
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi all, gosh I nearly didn't post in here!!!! I thought I had, till I read through again :wah: It must be me age ! :rolleyes:

Thanks Odie, they are lovely brownies LOL. :-6 :D

Helen, Jazzy has a point, it would be tragic if you accidentally caught your unprotected foot while you were asleep, or perhaps Wally flopped on it! Good that you've had a good day though :-6 :D

At the moment I'm trying to transfer the pics I have on my mobile phone, to the laptop! I can't remember what I've got on there now !:rolleyes: :thinking:

I hope the weather on the other side of the pond gets better soon, and in SY's case, she gets some rain soon! ;)
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1309707 wrote: thanks for the chocs........ i think............. i know ive piled on a few pounds these last few weeks :-2

I have put on some since I've retired.

oh well, we have to be happy.:yh_rotfl
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309731 wrote: Hi all, gosh I nearly didn't post in here!!!! I thought I had, till I read through again :wah: It must be me age ! :rolleyes:

Thanks Odie, they are lovely brownies LOL. :-6 :D

Helen, Jazzy has a point, it would be tragic if you accidentally caught your unprotected foot while you were asleep, or perhaps Wally flopped on it! Good that you've had a good day though :-6 :D

At the moment I'm trying to transfer the pics I have on my mobile phone, to the laptop! I can't remember what I've got on there now !:rolleyes: :thinking:

I hope the weather on the other side of the pond gets better soon, and in SY's case, she gets some rain soon! ;)

its not your age, its just everyone else posting!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

enjoy your brownies, to bad we can't all get together and have a cuppa!

its now sunny and slowing working up in temps, yup, poor sy needs rain badly.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone!

It's only 8am, woke up at 6:30, could not rest.:-5

sun is out, but rain again later today.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi each !

I tried to upload several pics of Norfolk, showing sunny days :p ;), however, having been able to do this 6 months ago, it aint performing for me now! :-5 Maybe the inner workings of FG are feeling sorry for those in America and Canada who are having grotty weather at the moment! :sneaky:

Anyway, I hope you are all OK and having a reasonable day today! :-6 :D

I'll just have to get some coffee and cake for you all ! (make a change won't it ? :wah: :rolleyes: )

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1309820 wrote: Hi each !

I tried to upload several pics of Norfolk, showing sunny days :p ;), however, having been able to do this 6 months ago, it aint performing for me now! :-5 Maybe the inner workings of FG are feeling sorry for those in America and Canada who are having grotty weather at the moment! :sneaky:

Anyway, I hope you are all OK and having a reasonable day today! :-6 :D

I'll just have to get some coffee and cake for you all ! (make a change won't it ? :wah: :rolleyes: )

Well, how did you sleep last night?

any more nasty dreams?

I was up at 6:30, just couldn't rest.:-5

awwwwww thanks for the coffee and cake!:-6:yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone!

The :-6 is out today and the temps are going to be in the 60's. I got to take Midnight for a nice long run this morning and play tag with Miss Piggy. Gosh, it felt so good to be able to go out and get some fresh air. Won't last long as I hear the rain is coming back in for the weekend. :o I saw a stray cat on the property this morning and am hoping it's just "passing through" as I really cannot have another pet. Funny how all the strays seem to find me :wah: It's really a beautiful grey long hair cat and quite fat so I'm praying it's not pregnant and looking for a place to have a litter. :o

I have to remember to keep my camera in my truck as my cell phone doesn't take pictures. I saw the most incredible sight the other morning while coming home from work @ 3 am. There is an apple orchard with hundreds of trees and when I crested the hill it looked like the whole orchard was on fiire. I pulled over for a closer look and was amazed at what I saw. Next to each tree was a small kerosene (sp?) heater. I found out later that to save their crop from frost they place these heaters. This area where I live is called Apple Country and this is how many people make a living. Unbelieveble how long it must have taken them to place heaters next to each tree in that orchard.

Well, before I write a book here I just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I'm thinking about you. :-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Jazzy! I've just read your post to my hubby, and he understands that in the areas like Florida where they produce oranges, they set bonfires whenever there is the threat of frost ! Gawd, it must be very labour intensive, loads of bods sorting out kerosene lamps for the apple trees and folk setting bonfires for the orange groves! Must look very dramatic at night! But as you say, these people make their living at fruit growing, so they've got to do everything they can to help produce a good crop each year.

Can you imagine a kerosene lamp on each of those trees ffs! :thinking: :-6
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1309862 wrote: Hi Jazzy! I've just read your post to my hubby, and he understands that in the areas like Florida where they produce oranges, they set bonfires whenever there is the threat of frost ! Gawd, it must be very labour intensive, loads of bods sorting out kerosene lamps for the apple trees and folk setting bonfires for the orange groves! Must look very dramatic at night! But as you say, these people make their living at fruit growing, so they've got to do everything they can to help produce a good crop each year.

Can you imagine a kerosene lamp on each of those trees ffs! :thinking: :-6

I just read in the newspaper that the orchard has over 3,000 trees. The orchard owner employs LEGAL imigrants from Haiti every year. Some of these men have been with the orchard for over 15 years and these are the men who placed all of these heaters. What really makes me angry is that people in town treat them badly. They mind their own business and spend their HARD earned money in town. The orchard owner supplies them with housing but they have to walk miles to get to town. I see them walking and in the stores and they have never caused a problem. Sometimes I feel like stopping and offering them a ride but I know they wouldn't take the offer. These people who treat them badly would never do the job these men do. Every year they put an ad in the paper for orchard workers and they pay good money. Do you think one of these low lifes collecting welfare apply...nope :-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

[QUOTE=Jazzy;1309888]I just read in the newspaper that the orchard has over 3,000 trees. The orchard owner employs LEGAL imigrants from Haiti every year. Some of these men have been with the orchard for over 15 years and these are the men who placed all of these heaters. What really makes me angry is that people in town treat them badly. They mind their own business and spend their HARD earned money in town. The orchard owner supplies them with housing but they have to walk miles to get to town. I see them walking and in the stores and they have never caused a problem. Sometimes I feel like stopping and offering them a ride but I know they wouldn't take the offer. These people who treat them badly would never do the job these men do. Every year they put an ad in the paper for orchard workers and they pay good money. Do you think one of these low lifes collecting welfare apply...nope :-5[/QUOTE]

hi guys, ive had a long day today and im pretty tired right now..............

just had to add a comment to what you said there jazzy...... my part of england is famous for growing daffodils, every year hundereds of migrant workers come to this country to harvest them for the easter / mothers day markets.

ok, its very often a dirty,wet back breaking job but these people send literally hundereds of £££ a week back to their families........... i know cos ive seen the money transfer forms that have been left in the rooms they stayed in when ive gone in there to clean after they've left !!

they then move on to pick fruit and veg in other parts of the country.......... if they can make a living out of it, why cant the unemployed british people do it ??

instead they sit at home on welfare and are the first to complain about them taking our jobs !!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Hi Helen, we both have had long days today!:-5:-5

and its the same here, people sit on their a**es on welfare drinking beer all day.:mad:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

It would appear that the government are intending to do something about the ones who draw unemployment and sit at home on their arses downing the falling down water! These lazy buggers will be told to find employment within a set time, and if they haven't, they will have their benefit reduced, or even stopped altogether! Sad thing is that there are many thousands who are trying to find work, but there just isn't the work around, as employers are cutting down on their staff consequently increasing the drain on the government's resources. It would be difficult to find the true skivers, because they are very crafty, so it would have to be a blanket penalty and that would hit the non-lazy unemployed. Could start a bit of anarchy and a lot of discontent. :( :thinking:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1309944 wrote: It would appear that the government are intending to do something about the ones who draw unemployment and sit at home on their arses downing the falling down water! These lazy buggers will be told to find employment within a set time, and if they haven't, they will have their benefit reduced, or even stopped altogether! Sad thing is that there are many thousands who are trying to find work, but there just isn't the work around, as employers are cutting down on their staff consequently increasing the drain on the government's resources. It would be difficult to find the true skivers, because they are very crafty, so it would have to be a blanket penalty and that would hit the non-lazy unemployed. Could start a bit of anarchy and a lot of discontent. :( :thinking:

morning gill,

i have to agree with you too........... our area is a prime example for that too, this time of the year unemployment drops here too BUT only because the hotels, theme parks etc etc are all open now and taking on staff.

come september its a case of " will the last one to leave cornwall please turn the lights out " :rolleyes: so the government taking that sort of action isnt going to help us down here !!!
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone!

well, cloudy now.....sunny later and much warmer makes Odie a happy dog.:yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning everyone!

Came back from the doctor and found out that I have viral or better known as "walking" pneumonia :-5 Not sure why they call it "walking pneumonia" when you can hardly walk when you have this :wah: Doctor said it should clear up in another week...well, heck, it's only been two weeks now that I've been feeling like crap :thinking:

Another rainy day here but at least the temps are not that bad. They said nice and :-6 this weekend and I hope so. I really need to get outside and in the fresh air.

Enough of my tale of woe and I hope you guys are all doing well. :-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1310059 wrote: Good morning everyone!

Came back from the doctor and found out that I have viral or better known as "walking" pneumonia :-5 Not sure why they call it "walking pneumonia" when you can hardly walk when you have this :wah: Doctor said it should clear up in another week...well, heck, it's only been two weeks now that I've been feeling like crap :thinking:

Another rainy day here but at least the temps are not that bad. They said nice and :-6 this weekend and I hope so. I really need to get outside and in the fresh air.

Enough of my tale of woe and I hope you guys are all doing well. :-4

the fresh air will help your lungs, but not when its damp.

did you finish all your meds last time?:sneaky:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

G'day all, sorry Jazzy, and I do hope you get better soon Mrs! :(

Hi Helen, yes it must be very difficult for folks down there, and any seaside resort areas. I know from my own experience that seasonal work is so insecure, and worrying, but sometimes in coastal areas that is the only work there is around! It may pay you to contact the stores to see if they have vacancies for 'cash-out' till operators part time? That sort of job is a sitting down one ;) You could take your brain off your feet for once :wah:

Odie, just to go against what I said yesterday...................................................

But just don't think this is going to be a regular occurence from this quarter, that's all! .................... :p :-6 :D
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1310071 wrote:

But just don't think this is going to be a regular occurence from this quarter, that's all! .................... :p :-6 :D

That's what you said two days ago :yh_rotfl

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”