There goes the neighborhood

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

First lesbian bishop to be consecrated by Anglican church in America - Telegraph
dubs

Post by dubs »

At least they don't pretend to be celibate, then mess with kids!

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Strange really. If she hadn't made her sexuality known, then nobody would be wiser and no adverse comments made, except possibly from the sexist community!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

dubs;1310270 wrote: At least they don't pretend to be celibate, then mess with kids!

Well said Dubs!:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

You tell 'em Nancy.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Pelosi Tells Catholic Church to Preach Amnesty | The FOX Nation
Odie

Post by Odie »

dubs;1310270 wrote: At least they don't pretend to be celibate, then mess with kids!

its not always men, I've known women to abuse.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

Then what the excuse for all the married ministers that do? Turns out Protestant ministers do it more. It's just allot more PC to attack the Catholics.

Sexual Abuse of Children by Protestant Ministers

Church Sex Abuse Scandals are Not Just a Catholic Crisis

Sex Abuse in Protestant Churches

Three insurance companies in the United States that provide liability coverage for 165,000 Protestant churches revealed data to the Associated Press that they typically receive 260 reports every year of children being sexually abused by Protestant clergy or other staff.

If these and the Catholic statistics are accurate, then on average, there are 32 more sex abuse cases per year in the Protestant church. As Father Jonathan stated in his news story, “The mainstream media has all but ignored the recent Associated Press report.”

Anglican Sex Scandals

In July 2003, LifeSiteNews reported that in South Australia, a police task force was established to investigate child sex abuse cases in the Anglican Church. The police task force identified more than 200 victims and there were 48 offenders arrested. Police stated that the number of victims could rise to more than 400 by the time all investigations are completed. The arrests happened following a controversy that forced Archbishop Ian George to resign just months before his scheduled retirement.

[/url]

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

Odie;1310283 wrote: its not always men, I've known women to abuse.:-5

That is the truth. Women get a pass almost every time.

We would be naïve and dishonest were we to say this is a Roman Catholic problem and has nothing to do with us because we have married and female priests in our church. Sin and abusive behavior know no ecclesial or other boundaries." Rt. Rev. William Persell, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago, Good Friday Sermon, 2002.

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
Odie

Post by Odie »

panzermk2;1310285 wrote: That is the truth. Women get a pass almost every time.

We would be naïve and dishonest were we to say this is a Roman Catholic problem and has nothing to do with us because we have married and female priests in our church. Sin and abusive behavior know no ecclesial or other boundaries." Rt. Rev. William Persell, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago, Good Friday Sermon, 2002.

they know how to hide it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Life is just to short for drama.
dubs

Post by dubs »

panzermk2;1310284 wrote: Then what the excuse for all the married ministers that do? Turns out Protestant ministers do it more. It's just allot more PC to attack the Catholics.

Sexual Abuse of Children by Protestant Ministers

Church Sex Abuse Scandals are Not Just a Catholic Crisis

Sex Abuse in Protestant Churches

Three insurance companies in the United States that provide liability coverage for 165,000 Protestant churches revealed data to the Associated Press that they typically receive 260 reports every year of children being sexually abused by Protestant clergy or other staff.

If these and the Catholic statistics are accurate, then on average, there are 32 more sex abuse cases per year in the Protestant church. As Father Jonathan stated in his news story, “The mainstream media has all but ignored the recent Associated Press report.”

Anglican Sex Scandals

In July 2003, LifeSiteNews reported that in South Australia, a police task force was established to investigate child sex abuse cases in the Anglican Church. The police task force identified more than 200 victims and there were 48 offenders arrested. Police stated that the number of victims could rise to more than 400 by the time all investigations are completed. The arrests happened following a controversy that forced Archbishop Ian George to resign just months before his scheduled retirement.

[/url]

It's pretty pointless showing me other religions, cos i think it's all a load of horsesh!t!... All I'm saying is a LESBIAN bishop, doesn't profess to be celibate. Catholic priests do, then turn out to be sexual beings of the most perverted kind..

Point to other religions all you want. It's all mind warping crap that suckers in susceptible people!

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

You can always count on bigots to place the bulk of blame on either the Catholics or the Jews.
dubs

Post by dubs »

hoppy;1310308 wrote: You can always count on bigots to place the bulk of blame on either the Catholics or the Jews.

Haha! You crack me up! You can knock Anglicans all you want and it's ok! anybody who responds with a different view is a bigot....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

dubs;1310312 wrote: Haha! You crack me up! You can knock Anglicans all you want and it's ok! anybody who responds with a different view is a bigot....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Why should Anglicans be exempt from ridicule? I've been seeing nothing but garbage from a lot of you about the pope messing with boys and all that BS. So, why exempt anglicans? Ya see how it works now?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

hoppy;1310268 wrote: First lesbian bishop to be consecrated by Anglican church in America - Telegraph

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around why it was exactly a "christian" church only served "men" on a particular day of "delighting" those "people" with free breakfast.

On that, religion to me is just another doctrine in order to control people. It just so happens that I observe this control as a form of suppression as opposed to oppression. Every single person's religion is different therefor every instance there is a "wrong" related to it the "cad" should be handled exclusively and not tarred with "precedent" as if people don't know what the hell is going on.

Religions have changed dramatically over the course of many years yet those who partake in it doesn't see the implications to this.

Hypothetically speaking, there can only be one true religion. This religion would then not need to be called "religion" because it wouldn't have anything to show it's existence, it would just be what it is

What it is is to either accept people for their choices or not. When a middle ground is attempted with this virtue then what you get is all out warfare and blood

People are divinely expected to accept other people's right to their own opinions. They also have every right to disagree with those opinions and it's the actions that must be considered not the people. When considering "lesbianism" this logic entails a lack of association between that persons opinions and the events they partake in quite alot like to define as "religion". Jailing someone because they look like a criminal is absurd and that's what's happened in this case, can "you" live with such a prejudice mentality?
dubs

Post by dubs »

hoppy;1310324 wrote:

Why should Anglicans be exempt from ridicule? I've been seeing nothing but garbage from a lot of you about the pope messing with boys and all that BS. So, why exempt anglicans? Ya see how it works now?

You try to defend the indefensible.. While at the same time, attacking other forms of religion.. That's called Hypocrisy! D'you see how THAT works now?

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

dubs;1310335 wrote: You try to defend the indefensible.. While at the same time, attacking other forms of religion.. That's called Hypocrisy! D'you see how THAT works now?

Let's see now. You people attack Catholics and Jews on a regular basis but that's not hypocrisy. We retaliate and that is hypocrisy. I see how it works now.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

hoppy;1310349 wrote: Let's see now. You people attack Catholics and Jews on a regular basis but that's not hypocrisy. We retaliate and that is hypocrisy. I see how it works now.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Gotta love how that works!

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

hoppy;1310308 wrote: You can always count on bigots to place the bulk of blame on either the Catholics or the Jews.

Why should Anglicans be exempt from ridicule? I've been seeing nothing but garbage from a lot of you about the pope messing with boys and all that BS.

Your mind is an interesting place. I wouldnt want to live there but a quick drive through is always an eye opener.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Steev

Post by Steev »

Blame & retaliation go hand in hand with organized religions. Leaders & followers at each others throats and have been since ancient times and all in the name of their God of choice. People don't see the corruption within religious groups. It's about control and the lining of pocketbooks. False gods, false hopes, instilling guilt and threats of retribution at the hands of some ridiculous invisible man in the sky who btw would seem to have serious anger and control issues. Really, what kind of God would be so ego driven?

Religion drives wedges between people. It always has.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Yea but mainly its the lesbians at the root of the problem.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Steev

Post by Steev »

Nomad;1310383 wrote: Yea but mainly its the lesbians at the root of the problem.

:yh_rotfl Yes, a good point - what was I thinking?! Let's blame it on the lesbians.

Remove them & I'm sure things would smooth themselves out. :yh_angel

At least they are open and honest about their sexual orientation. These are virtues not present in many 'men of the cloth'.
dubs

Post by dubs »

hoppy;1310349 wrote: Let's see now. You people attack Catholics and Jews on a regular basis but that's not hypocrisy. We retaliate and that is hypocrisy. I see how it works now.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Show me some of my posts, where I attack Catholics and Jews!

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

dubs;1310489 wrote: Show me some of my posts, where I attack Catholics and Jews!

Maybe not you but I've seen a lot of it here. Makes me think every religion is fair game then.:)
dubs

Post by dubs »

hoppy;1310493 wrote:

Maybe not you but I've seen a lot of it here. Makes me think every religion is fair game then.:)

There is a lot of it here. Too much in fact. Although I'm not a religious person, I don't hold with that.. Same goes for endless, cut and paste threads of mind baffling scripture. Don't hold with that either..

panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

Cut dubs some slack, Lewis Hamilton finished 5th and JB blew up at the start.

Damn colony driver acting up and winning the damn race! :) With a french engine no less and a German took second with the same French engine.

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

panzermk2;1310549 wrote: cut dubs some slack, lewis hamilton finished 5th and jb blew up at the start.

Damn colony driver acting up and winning the damn race! :) with a french engine no less and a german took second with the same french engine.

:-2
dubs

Post by dubs »

panzermk2;1310549 wrote: Cut dubs some slack, Lewis Hamilton finished 5th and JB blew up at the start.

Damn colony driver acting up and winning the damn race! :) With a french engine no less and a German took second with the same French engine.

You know your F1.. That's exactly what happened. Damn Aussie, didn't put me in the sweetest of tempers... Second week in a row too! :-5

panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

I used to build Honda and Porsche race cars. I used to get up to watch Senna race live. I had the chance to up close see and touch a MP4-5B. I spent over 2 hours going over the car and taking hundreds of pictures of things like fasteners.

I can explain how the pneumatic valve system works and how Honda was the first to use it on their V-10 powered MP4-5B back in the late 80s early 90s. back then after Senna and Berger won every race FIA made that valve system and quite frankly the WHOLE damn car illegal.

They talk about how Schumy is so good in the rain and I watched Schumy in his Benetton ford getting taught by the real rain man. I watched every one of Senna 6 Monaco wins. I still have detailed drawings of the MP4 and MANY of the V-10 engines. These new engines sound like ****.

I do love them dropping in race fueling. Has made the racing SO much better.

I was cheering for Ruby so it was not a good race for me. I am loving how well Lotus is doing. F1 really needed those colors flying around the track again.

Mansell was good but don't forget if you want to win hire a Fin.

Prost was an *******.

But other then that I just have a passing F1 fancy. Don't get me started on the old Killer Bs I have lapped in a 959.

dubs

Post by dubs »

The engine you're talking about, was that the one that came just after those bloody turbos? Ahh! Mansell! The man's a legend.. The only person in history to hold the Formula one world championship, and the Champ car title at the same time.. And he's one of the few overseas drivers to be inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame....:driving:

panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

dubs;1311391 wrote: The engine you're talking about, was that the one that came just after those bloody turbos? Ahh! Mansell! The man's a legend.. The only person in history to hold the Formula one world championship, and the Champ car title at the same time.. And he's one of the few overseas drivers to be inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame....:driving:

Yep I have many pics of the 89 engine but non are scanned in.

"The next year, with turbos banned Honda supplied a new 3.5 L naturally-aspirated V10 engine[58] and McLaren again won both titles with the MP4/5. "

dubs

Post by dubs »

Here you go! A quick trip round Jerez, with the greatest race driver who ever lived....

YouTube - Onboard Mclaren MP4/5 Ayrton Senna Jerez 1990

Return to “General Chit Chat”