Interesting email I got today

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

1. He destroyed the Clinton Political Machine - Driving a stake thru the heart of Hillary's Presidential aspirations - something that no Republican was ever able to do. Remember when a Hillary Presidency scared the daylights out of you!

2. He killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - No more Kennedy's trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home. American women and Freedom are safer tonight!

3. He is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes!

Dennis Moore had never lost a race - quit

Evan Bayh had never lost a race - quit

Byron Dorgan had never lost a race - quit

Harry Reid - soon to be GONE

These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed! By the end of 2010 dozens more will be gone.

In December of 2008 the Democrats were on the rise. In the last two election cycles they had picked up 14 senate seats and 52 house seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party. In just one year, Obama put a stop to all of this and will probably give the house, if not the senate back to the Republicans.

4. He has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Every Generation seems to need to relearn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. He is bringing home the lesson very well.

Liberals tax, borrow and spend - check

Liberals won't bring themselves to protect America - check

Liberals want to take over the economy - check

Liberals think they know what is best for everyone - check

Liberals aren't happy till they are running YOUR life - check

5. He has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one year he has rejuvenated the Conservative movement and brought out to the streets millions of Freedom Loving Americans. Name me one other time in your life that you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!

6. His amazing leadership has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a "stimulus" to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded or moved off-shore.

7. In all honesty one year ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not of the economy but of the direction our country was going. I thought Americans had forgotten what this country was all about. My neighbors, friends and strangers proved to me that my lack of confidence of the Greatness and Wisdom of the American people was flat wrong.

8. When the American People wake up no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them!

Barack Obama woke up these Great Americans! Again I want to say Thank You Barack Obama! This is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I am beginning to get the feeling that you don't really care for President Obama.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

A short year ago the 'crat's got a nobody elected president. They took control of the house and senate. The libs were riding high.

THEN....dumb happened. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1311197 wrote: A short year ago the 'crat's got a nobody elected president. They took control of the house and senate. The libs were riding high.

was Bush any better?
Life is just to short for drama.
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Your interesting email reminded me of this ,

Tomas Jefferson

I am persuaded myself that the good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army. They may be led astray for a moment, but will soon correct themselves. The people are the only censors of their governors: and even their errors will tend to keep these to the true principles of their institution. To punish these errors too severely would be to suppress the only safeguard of the public liberty. The way to prevent these irregular interpositions of the people is to give them full information of their affairs thro' the channel of the public papers, and to contrive that those papers should penetrate the whole mass of the people. The basis of our government being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right:...Cherish therefore the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves.... in a letter to Colonel Edward Carrington about the perpetrators of Shays's Rebellion.

There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves...

The most significant sentence in that quote, IMHO

We have become lazy and inattentive, and the wolves are at the door.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

hoppy;1311197 wrote: A short year ago the 'crat's got a nobody elected president. They took control of the house and senate. The libs were riding high.

You forget.

The Dem's got elected because the GOP failed to fulfill their promises. They forgot that they got in because the Dems before them failed to fulfill their promises. And before that the GOP let the Dems get in.

The pendulum swings, Brother.

The history of congress in the 20th century was failure to fulfill promises.
- DH Lawrence
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1311198 wrote: was Bush any better?

I had more money under Bush.:)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

LarsMac;1311264 wrote: You forget.

The Dem's got elected because the GOP failed to fulfill their promises. They forgot that they got in because the Dems before them failed to fulfill their promises. And before that the GOP let the Dems get in.

The pendulum swings, Brother.

The history of congress in the 20th century was failure to fulfill promises.

Yes, if Bush had been a better president, Obumbler would still be organizing neighborhood block parties instead of bowing, apologizing and bootlicking all over the place.:mad:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Odie;1311198 wrote: was Bush any better?

Better?

Who knows , and I hope with all I am . That we won't ever have see IF Obama would step up like Bush did after 9/11.

As far as cash on hand , that would be my hand, I had more when Bush was in Washington.

What ever Bush did wrong he did a darn good job of wrong , whatever he did right , he did a good job of right.

So far Obama hasn't done a job . IMO

And his wife is doing more to screw the US while running around with Mexico's first lady acting like she has a say about anything important . She needs to just go home and take care of

something like ,oh I don't know , maybe mixing up more kool- aid or something. JMHO
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

hoppy;1311270 wrote: I had more money under Bush.:)

Actually... no, you didn't. You just thought you did. Under bush, all this housing scam, all the deregulation, all the huge deficit spending made it SEEM like you had more money, but now that bill is coming due.

and being a Bush-denier....you blame the man that is trying to fix the damage.;)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Saint_;1311304 wrote: Actually... no, you didn't. You just thought you did. Under bush, all this housing scam, all the deregulation, all the huge deficit spending made it SEEM like you had more money, but now that bill is coming due.

and being a Bush-denier....you blame the man that is trying to fix the damage.;)

He's trying to fix the housing scam with an unaffordable health care package and no workable stand on illegal immigrants? No wonder I'm confused.:-3
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Oh but Mr and Mrs Obama do have a plan for illegal immigrants . "Well, we have to work on that," Obama said. "We have to fix that and everybody's got to work together in Congress to make sure that happens."

Girl Outs Mom's Citizenship Status During Obama Visit | NBC Washington

Sounds like it wiil work out great for people like that little girls mom.:-5:-5
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

scholle-kid;1311281 wrote: And his wife is doing more to screw the US while running around with Mexico's first lady acting like she has a say about anything important .

It will be the straw the broke the camels back, all that running around and cavorting with Mexicans. Not to mention getting all uppity by saying stuff.
I AM AWESOME MAN
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Nomad;1311338 wrote: It will be the straw the broke the camels back, all that running around and cavorting with Mexicans. Not to mention getting all uppity by saying stuff.
Did you see the news report of her trip to Mexico last month?

Getting uppity? She wasn't elected to any office. The Immigration enforcement have spent lots a money on PR telling urging American citizens to report any illegal Mexican nationals . She is an American citizen , did she do her part to help the law enforcement to do there job ?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Nomad;1311338 wrote: cavorting .

Heh heh. 'Cavorting." I like that word!:wah:
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

yes that is a cool word. She isn't quite as bad as all that yet , but like she said , that was her first 'solo' trip last month and this was her first US tour . she may start cavorting if it will attract more media attention ,, who knows .

My goodness, It is the same no matter where a person goes. Obama followers will do just about anything humanly possible to stop the truth from being discussed.

What in the world is in that kool aid anyways ?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

scholle-kid;1311353 wrote: Did you see the news report of her trip to Mexico last month?

Getting uppity? She wasn't elected to any office. The Immigration enforcement have spent lots a money on PR telling urging American citizens to report any illegal Mexican nationals . She is an American citizen , did she do her part to help the law enforcement to do there job ?

You indicated or implied it was beyond reason that she be allowed to have thoughts or express them. The sentiment was absurd and my reply tongue in cheek.
I AM AWESOME MAN
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Nomad;1311418 wrote: You indicated or implied it was beyond reason that she be allowed to have thoughts or express them. The sentiment was absurd and my reply tongue in cheek.

I don't believe she should be thinking that she can promise second graders that the congress will be made to pass laws ,,, She shouldn't be telling Americans that it's safe for them to take family vacations in Mexico .

On the other hand she is a very well educated woman with years of collage to her credit and she obviously can and does have thoughts and she should and does express them. It would be nice if she put all them years of education to use and expressed those thoughts instead of making promises . Especially to illegal Mexican Nationals about congress changing the laws the Mexicans are breaking instead of picking up the phone and doing what is 'expected ' of any law abiding tax paying American . That would be doing her part .

Return to “General Chit Chat”