Gill's talk mutter hut

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1312103 wrote: hi jazzy and odie,

well back on line again.................

its been sooooooooooo hot here, been up early every day, doors and windows open, loads of washing out to dry.

yesterday i escaped for the afternoon. we went to a pub and sat outside in the garden and looked at the veiw across the bay............ the seals were following the fishing boats into the harbour........... hundereds of people on the beaches, it was wonderful. you dont realize how good it is til you've not seen it for a while and how much you take it for granted cos its on your doorstep :rolleyes:

wally's been swimming again today, i cant take him at the moment for obvious reasons and now he's flat out.

im managing very well on my crutches now, makes things a whole lot better :D

Glad you got back on line!:-6

Its in the nineties here to (30C) and high humidity, just chilling today.

ahhhhhhhhh to sit and drink by a cool sea breeze sounds lovely!

You sound so much better now, hats off babe!:-4

poor Wally, swimming really tuckers him out.:yh_rotfl

he needs that, he must be having a blast.:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

mornin everyone,

got in a bit of a muddle on FB just now, when i said good morning to you odie, a freind of my daughters thought i was talking to her....... same name .......... lol

we've had a 10c drop in tempreture today and oh boy can you notice it !!! no sun today, well theres another public holiday here this weekend so it had to be didnt it ??:rolleyes:

this is our towns biggest weekend of the season, a huge car rally that brings, literally hundereds of thousands of pounds into the town and ive got to miss it, my boss's son is back in hospital again !!! so god knows how they are gonna manage. im afraid if that was me, id be looking into what the hell is going on and be having words with the doctors............. it was only an appendix op to start with !!

wally is off to play school soon, swimming again yesterday............. he leads a better life than i do :rolleyes:

8 days til my next trip to hospital...........should start to be getting some sort of closure on it all by then, its been 10wks on thursday !! the time has gone by so fast yet when i was in accident and emergency and he said 3months, it felt like it was going to be an eternity !!

my job is still safe, i had a word with her on monday, just got to know my limitations when i get back. just might get them to lay me off if i cant manage, it saves a lot of complications with the employment people. if you leave of your own accord, you cant get any financial help for 6mths but then im now a pensioner :D so it might be different...............

anyway, off for a wash and brush up then i might just attempt to walk to the shop for the papers, its only a 2minit walk on good legs......................:rolleyes:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

the shopping trip went ok :D

it took me about 20mins, it was nice to get out for a bit.

warming up a bit now and the sun keeps trying to get through. got a bit of washing to sort out then gonna put my feet up til my boy comes home from school ............:wah::-4
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1312308 wrote: mornin everyone,

got in a bit of a muddle on FB just now, when i said good morning to you odie, a freind of my daughters thought i was talking to her....... same name .......... lol

we've had a 10c drop in tempreture today and oh boy can you notice it !!! no sun today, well theres another public holiday here this weekend so it had to be didnt it ??:rolleyes:

this is our towns biggest weekend of the season, a huge car rally that brings, literally hundereds of thousands of pounds into the town and ive got to miss it, my boss's son is back in hospital again !!! so god knows how they are gonna manage. im afraid if that was me, id be looking into what the hell is going on and be having words with the doctors............. it was only an appendix op to start with !!

wally is off to play school soon, swimming again yesterday............. he leads a better life than i do :rolleyes:

8 days til my next trip to hospital...........should start to be getting some sort of closure on it all by then, its been 10wks on thursday !! the time has gone by so fast yet when i was in accident and emergency and he said 3months, it felt like it was going to be an eternity !!

my job is still safe, i had a word with her on monday, just got to know my limitations when i get back. just might get them to lay me off if i cant manage, it saves a lot of complications with the employment people. if you leave of your own accord, you cant get any financial help for 6mths but then im now a pensioner :D so it might be different...............

anyway, off for a wash and brush up then i might just attempt to walk to the shop for the papers, its only a 2minit walk on good legs......................:rolleyes:

tell your daughters friend to change her name!:yh_rotfl

such a shame you have to miss out on such a lovely event, perhaps your daughter can take you.

Wally's having a great time at school, yup, he's leading a better life than me to!:wah:

Having your boss lay you off is a great idea, you can collect unemployment.

You should ask him now, as your limitations will be little plus it will be a long time until you get back to work.

The time has gone really fast, and your doing so much better.

Its 100 degrees here today, so my windows are closed and will have to put the a/c on later.....thank goodness it will cool down come Friday.

my 4 cats are spread-eagle everywhere.:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi each!

Well you just can't seem to please some folks! Complaining bitterly about the biting cold and the rain, constant rain! Now the sun has come into the picture, it seems it's too darned hot !!!!!! There is SY yearning for some rain, when it was pouring down on Odie and Jazzy! Poor SY is still yearning for rain ! :-6 :rolleyes:

Hope folks is all fit and well apart from heat stroke !

Helen it's good to see that you are venturing out a little, so long as you don't do too much too soon Mrs! Not long now is it ?

We had quite a busy few days at the static, well Chris did :wah: He managed to exchange our two-step steps, for three-step steps up to our second door - not sure how he managed that, so don't ask :sneaky: He also magic'd 6 concrete slabs from elsewhere on the site, to add to the ones we already have - to make a decent base for the metal garden shed we will put up next time we're over there. He has managed to put a coat of wood preservative onto half our 'new' balcony (veranda), it was far too hot to do much more though - 88 F Saturday and nearly as high on Sunday. Didn't want him to get sunstroke as the balcony was not shaded from the sun till evening time, then we just chilled ! :yh_rotfl. I think we will take our gazebo with us next time, and fit it over the veranda for some shade.

Our dog, Rex, lorded it as usual, spending most of his time sleeping in the caravan with the curtains closed against the hot sun, and the fan on. It kept the temp in the van down to an acceptable 78/80 F. All the opening windows were wide open, so there was also a through draught as well as the fan on the fastest speed!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1312422 wrote: Hi each!

Well you just can't seem to please some folks! Complaining bitterly about the biting cold and the rain, constant rain! Now the sun has come into the picture, it seems it's too darned hot !!!!!! There is SY yearning for some rain, when it was pouring down on Odie and Jazzy! Poor SY is still yearning for rain ! :-6 :rolleyes:

Hope folks is all fit and well apart from heat stroke !

Helen it's good to see that you are venturing out a little, so long as you don't do too much too soon Mrs! Not long now is it ?

We had quite a busy few days at the static, well Chris did :wah: He managed to exchange our two-step steps, for three-step steps up to our second door - not sure how he managed that, so don't ask :sneaky: He also magic'd 6 concrete slabs from elsewhere on the site, to add to the ones we already have - to make a decent base for the metal garden shed we will put up next time we're over there. He has managed to put a coat of wood preservative onto half our 'new' balcony (veranda), it was far too hot to do much more though - 88 F Saturday and nearly as high on Sunday. Didn't want him to get sunstroke as the balcony was not shaded from the sun till evening time, then we just chilled ! :yh_rotfl. I think we will take our gazebo with us next time, and fit it over the veranda for some shade.

Our dog, Rex, lorded it as usual, spending most of his time sleeping in the caravan with the curtains closed against the hot sun, and the fan on. It kept the temp in the van down to an acceptable 78/80 F. All the opening windows were wide open, so there was also a through draught as well as the fan on the fastest speed!

Hello my friend and welcome home!:-6

Sounds like your having our weather, 32C today and that is without the humidity!

Chris sure did get a lot done, good for him!

I'm like Rex today....stayed in where its cool.:yh_rotfl

been busy here planting shrubs and plants....its what I do in the summer!:wah:

You do need some shade up there, the gazebo sounds lovely.

Helen's doing great, although she was off line again for while, she is up and about and went to the store today.

Jazzy? I had to keep an eye on her while you were gone.:lips:

and poor SY is still waiting for rain.......not good going that long without it.

we have storms for tomorrow night.....I sure hope it rains here.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

welcome back gill,

its been hot here too and looks like today and tomorrow will be good but saturday rain is forcast............ just in time for another bank holiday !!:rolleyes:

im going to a plant sale at our local school on sunday, im going to try growing a couple of tomato plants, not that i like them much but i use them in cooking and i want a few plants to fill up my tubs, just got fuchias in them at the moment and they could do with a little extra colour in them.

the guy next door has got a good display but hes away a lot and they badly want watering and weeding !!!

it makes my hands itch to do something with them every time i see them !!:D

i have a blackbird outside that starts singing his heart out at first light.............. hes still going for it now, 8am ,and i can hear him over the tv and my doors and windows are still shut at the moment. :-2

where i lived before, i had a flat roof below my window, where i used to throw bird food out in the winter, cant do that here and i very often see this blackbird digging in next doors tubs, looking for bugs and oh boy does he make a mess :wah:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Morning everyone!

third day.........32C without the humidity!:-5:-5

The weather man said last night it will be like this all summer, hoping his forecast is wrong.:mad:

put the a/c on this am to strip the bed, clean the house, scrub all the floors.

it will be back on by 1pm.....this will cost me a fortune I cannot afford.:-5

yes.....Odie's is grouchy.:lips:
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

[QUOTE=Odie;1312493]Good Morning everyone!

The weather man said last night it will be like this all summer, hoping his forecast is wrong.:mad:

yes.....Odie's is grouchy.:lips:[

was so glad of the air conditioning when we went to florida, i can remember sitting in the pool at 2am with a cold drink :-2 it was 28c at that time of the morning !!! and getting out of the car to go shopping was like walking into a brick wall of heat..........

i dont like it too hot but for some reason i could put up with that.......... it didnt seem to sap all your energy :-3
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1312500 wrote: [QUOTE=Odie;1312493]Good Morning everyone!

yes.....Odie's is grouchy.:lips:[

was so glad of the air conditioning when we went to florida, i can remember sitting in the pool at 2am with a cold drink :-2 it was 28c at that time of the morning !!! and getting out of the car to go shopping was like walking into a brick wall of heat..........

i dont like it too hot but for some reason i could put up with that.......... it didnt seem to sap all your energy :-3

I could use a pool and a drink.

I don't do this kind of heat either.:(
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

well the bank holiday is upon us................. and the fact im missing out is driving me mad :mad:

yes, its very hard work........... but you take a deep breath, put your head down and get on with it and dont stop til monday lunch time when most of it is over. i just love the challenge :D

a lot of people round here dont like it much cos the place gets filled with boy racers but the cars are brilliant to see, a lot of hard work goes into them, though you do wonder how they can afford it sometimes :-2

oh well, theres always next year i suppose and the way the time is flying by, that wont be long coming round !!!

i must be getting better.............. up til now ive had my kettle, tea bags etc in the front room so i didnt have to carry anything liquid around ( hopping with a cup of tea in yer hand usually ends up with most of it on the floor :D ) ive now put it all back in the kitchen..........

the same with anything ive cooked, i had to put it on a chair and drag the chair behind me to where i could sit down to eat.............. dont have to do that anymore either lol.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1312578 wrote: well the bank holiday is upon us................. and the fact im missing out is driving me mad :mad:

yes, its very hard work........... but you take a deep breath, put your head down and get on with it and dont stop til monday lunch time when most of it is over. i just love the challenge :D

a lot of people round here dont like it much cos the place gets filled with boy racers but the cars are brilliant to see, a lot of hard work goes into them, though you do wonder how they can afford it sometimes :-2

oh well, theres always next year i suppose and the way the time is flying by, that wont be long coming round !!!

i must be getting better.............. up til now ive had my kettle, tea bags etc in the front room so i didnt have to carry anything liquid around ( hopping with a cup of tea in yer hand usually ends up with most of it on the floor :D ) ive now put it all back in the kitchen..........

the same with anything ive cooked, i had to put it on a chair and drag the chair behind me to where i could sit down to eat.............. dont have to do that anymore either lol.

can no one take you to the event?:-5

sounds like my life!:mad:

last weekend was a long one here....everyone went away.:-5

Congrats.........your getting better faster every day now.

now......where is your pic of Wally?:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

now wtf is Gill?:sneaky:

Its cooled down, this a happy day for this dog!:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well Hi each! Or as they say in Nottingham Ayup midduck! :yh_rotfl

Hope all is OK with everybody today. Odie with some rain and a bit cooler, and the same with Jazzy. However SY is well over due some serious water falling from the sky! :-3

Helen you sure are making progress Mrs.............. good for you! Must be a relief to be able to get out and about (albeit somewhat restricted at the moment), under your own steam. I expect you have more of a feeling of being in control! ;) :D:-6

At the moment, I am in the middle of WWIII ! Next door (across the alleyway) is 'rap' rubbish, windows wide open, volume up loud! My hubby, Chris, is busy cutting up thin branches of the bushes that he has trimmed, so he can bag it up and put it in the car to go to the tip. Ee don't like bloody rap rubbish, (like I don't grrrrrrrrrr) so eee got the mini stack system with extension speakers, and set it up in our garden. At the moment we have ABBA blasting out at half

volume (still could get turned up louder :sneaky:). It does cover up the terrible noise of the rap rubbish from next door, mostly. I wonder what the other neighbours must be thinking :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl If the cow-bag turns her wick up more, I shall dig out my guitar amplifier, then she'd better get her ear-defenders on. I do have a very effective tape of Beethoven's 1812 overture, the one with the actual cannon fire on it! I've done it in the past, and it is very effective ! That was only 1/3 volume as well !!!! If the cow-bag wants a war she's got one ffs!!!! I know who will win, cos I've got the power output that would blast her poxy hi fi into the street ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

This is similar to the kit that Chris has set up in our back garden! .........

However, this is very similar to my 'little' combo amp set up I had for when I was in the band ! Mine is an H/H though :yh_rotfl

A very mean piece of kit (for reproducing tapes and cd's in the garden !) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

For all my friends, including the absent ones! :-6 :D

YouTube - ABBA : The Way Old Friends Do (Live London '79)
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1312627 wrote: For all my friends, including the absent ones! :-6 :D

YouTube - ABBA : The Way Old Friends Do (Live London '79)

never heard that one before gill, enjoyed that :)

odie,

im not much good with stuff on the computor, afraid i dont know how to transfer pics from one site to another !!:rolleyes:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I sent you instructions, Helen ! So what happened ? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:-5 :p
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1312623 wrote: Well Hi each! Or as they say in Nottingham Ayup midduck! :yh_rotfl

Hope all is OK with everybody today. Odie with some rain and a bit cooler, and the same with Jazzy. However SY is well over due some serious water falling from the sky! :-3

Helen you sure are making progress Mrs.............. good for you! Must be a relief to be able to get out and about (albeit somewhat restricted at the moment), under your own steam. I expect you have more of a feeling of being in control! ;) :D:-6

At the moment, I am in the middle of WWIII ! Next door (across the alleyway) is 'rap' rubbish, windows wide open, volume up loud! My hubby, Chris, is busy cutting up thin branches of the bushes that he has trimmed, so he can bag it up and put it in the car to go to the tip. Ee don't like bloody rap rubbish, (like I don't grrrrrrrrrr) so eee got the mini stack system with extension speakers, and set it up in our garden. At the moment we have ABBA blasting out at half

volume (still could get turned up louder :sneaky:). It does cover up the terrible noise of the rap rubbish from next door, mostly. I wonder what the other neighbours must be thinking :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl If the cow-bag turns her wick up more, I shall dig out my guitar amplifier, then she'd better get her ear-defenders on. I do have a very effective tape of Beethoven's 1812 overture, the one with the actual cannon fire on it! I've done it in the past, and it is very effective ! That was only 1/3 volume as well !!!! If the cow-bag wants a war she's got one ffs!!!! I know who will win, cos I've got the power output that would blast her poxy hi fi into the street ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

This is similar to the kit that Chris has set up in our back garden! .........

However, this is very similar to my 'little' combo amp set up I had for when I was in the band ! Mine is an H/H though :yh_rotfl

A very mean piece of kit (for reproducing tapes and cd's in the garden !) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

SY had lots of rain last night, you really should join us on facebook!:-5:-5

Helen's there to and we talk up a storm!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Rex is there, awwwwwwwwwww you gotta see Rex!

It rained hard and for a very long time, so she is soooooooooo happy now.:-6

Read 'what pissed you off today', the comment I made about your neighbor and keep blasting Abba!:sneaky:

nice amp and speakers Gill, you get that inconsiderate cow back!:-5
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

mornin all,

well we had a lot of rain last night so its saved me having to water my tubs today. now the sun is trying to come out.............

i had the best nights sleep ive had for a long time, think it was because i walked to the shop yesterday and then went to the supermarket last night and walked every where instead of getting pushed in the wheelchair :rolleyes:

got a bit of housework to do and have me breckfast and the days me own............. to do what with i dont know.................:D
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ayup midducks ! 'Tis raining here, but I don't mind because the farmers need it, and the gardens need it. Trouble is I've got to go out shortly, so I shall have to put me waterproof jacket on, but I will still wear my sandals :p I suppose that clear patch you have at the moment, Helen, will be progressing up towards us, so it should be a bit less rainy this afternoon when Chris takes Rex out!

We're just going to have a delicious cup of coffee, then we'll be off! :-6 :D
beowulf

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by beowulf »

eyup meduck back

im sharing your rain :D............was going to mow the lawn and clean the car today :thinking:......................but at least it will do my tomato plants some good
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1312776 wrote: eyup miduck back

im sharing your rain :D............was going to mow the lawn and clean the car today :thinking:......................but at least it will do my tomato plants some good

Chris mowed our lawn yesterday as he saw the forecast for Saturday, so that's us one up on you BW :wah: Mind you with this rain and followed by some sun, I expect the grass will shoot up again, and the dandelions, and the daisies ! :rolleyes:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1312776 wrote: eyup meduck back

I like the T-shirt ! We're off to get a World Cup T-shirt that I've collected all the tokens for from one of our national news 'rags' ! I'm hoping they've got some left !:rolleyes: :D
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

P.S. ............ BW, where did you get that T-shirt pic from ?
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Good Moring!

7am!

I have a brake leak.........off to the mechanics!:-5

and spend more money I don't have.:mad:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1312781 wrote: Good Moring!

7am!

I have a brake leak.........off to the mechanics!:-5

and spend more money I don't have.:mad:

Take care, no sudden braking! :( :driving:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1312784 wrote: Take care, no sudden braking! :( :driving:

Mike had told me to brake very slowly....no problems getting there, luckliy it was a slow leak........

I must remember once a month to check all my fluids!:-5

If I hadn't of checked last night....I would have ended up with no brakes..:eek:
beowulf

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1312780 wrote: P.S. ............ BW, where did you get that T-shirt pic from ?

Google is my friend :D
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1312869 wrote: Google is my friend :D

why do you never visit me in Odie's room?

I have brownies, Gill doesn't!:lips:
beowulf

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by beowulf »

you will notice i dont visit many places here anymore

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hey BW ! How are you and yours? Well we got some rain for our gardens! Trouble with the rain is it brings out all the damn snails and slugs dunnit ? grrrrrrrrr

I loathe slugs, and I'm not too partial to snails (even with onions :yh_rotfl ). Apart from the fact that they crackle underfoot in the dark, they chew our plants up ! :-5

Reminds me of when I was in my young teens, when I woke in the middle of the night and felt thirsty. So I went downstairs and into the kitchen of my mum and dad's old house. I didn't bother to switch on the light as there was enough light from an outside light, for me to see my way to the cupboard with the glasses and to the sink, to get some water. I heard a faint skuttling as I stepped into the kitchen, and I heard a lot of crunching as I put one foot in front of the other. It startled me and I reached for the light switch. The kitchen was suddenly brightly lit, and to my horror there were dozens of cockroaches dashing to as many dark corners as they could find. I looked down at the floor where I had just walked on and there were many squashed cockroaches, yuk!

I managed to get my drink of water, washed my feet, stepped carefully over all the dead bodies, and returned to my bedroom............. I didn't sleep very well after that experience! In the morning, I reported the event to my mum and dad. Dad reckoned it was because of the Raeburn solid fuel double oven, that was permanently on in the kitchen that caused an ideal 'home' situation for cockroaches, who thrived in warm moist atmospheres. He had no idea that we had cockroaches, as they are night time, or dark area, creature, so they wouldn't be noticed in normal situations. However, he ( being a chemist ) sorted the little buggers out in quick time! ;) :wah:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1312886 wrote: you will notice i dont visit many places here anymore

I've noticed....suck it up and be a man eh?:yh_rotfl

we all have bad days here.;)
beowulf

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by beowulf »

Odie;1312899 wrote: I've noticed....suck it up and be a man eh?:yh_rotfl

eh?......EH!!!!!!!!????????

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Attached files

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1312902 wrote: eh?......EH!!!!!!!!????????

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

meant to tell you, the things you come up with on facebook just crack me up!:wah::wah:
beowulf

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by beowulf »

:-6:-6:-6

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ey up me ducks ! :yh_rotfl

What a lovely sunny day here, today! Hope you all have good weather - sun for those fed up with rain and cold, and rain for those who are fed up with the searing sun !

I shall be watching the footy (England V Japan friendly, last one prior to the World Cup !). I've just watched the start of the Formula 1 from Istanbul, Turkey. Hamilton and Button well up to the front, so far.

Dog is asleep on his bed. Chris is having a shave. I think I'd better nip up and finish getting dressed, !!!!!!!! It's OK, I do have some clothes on :yh_rotfl (well it is Sunday, and I aint goin' anywhere!).

Time for coffee......................... :yh_rotfl

and some coffee for you all .......

Oh, and I suppose something tasty to eat........

I'm feeling generous today :yh_rotfl

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

hello Gill, Helen and Jazzy!

4 hours sleep again!:-5:-5

its going to be hot and humid later, so I am going to mow the lawns, feel free to come over and help eh?:sneaky:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

No thanks, sounds like too much hard work - I've got my feet up ! :yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

afternoon all,

been to a plant sale at the local school, got two tomato plants, some more fuchias to replace the ones i lost in the cold earlier and a few bedding plants to fill out the rest of my tubs................ was going to have an hour sorting them all out .......... its now decided top rain !!!:rolleyes:

did get out for an hour last night, sat at a pavement cafe for burger and chips and watched all the kids on their way to the clubs and pubs, wishing i was 30yrs younger lol

other than that, ive not done much..........................
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1312940 wrote: Ey up me ducks ! :yh_rotfl

What a lovely sunny day here, today! Hope you all have good weather - sun for those fed up with rain and cold, and rain for those who are fed up with the searing sun !

I shall be watching the footy (England V Japan friendly, last one prior to the World Cup !). I've just watched the start of the Formula 1 from Istanbul, Turkey. Hamilton and Button well up to the front, so far.

Dog is asleep on his bed. Chris is having a shave. I think I'd better nip up and finish getting dressed, !!!!!!!! It's OK, I do have some clothes on :yh_rotfl (well it is Sunday, and I aint goin' anywhere!).

Time for coffee......................... :yh_rotfl

and some coffee for you all .......

Oh, and I suppose something tasty to eat........

I'm feeling generous today :yh_rotfl

I'm so sorry, I never saw your post.:-5

thank you for the coffee and treats Mrs!:yh_rotfl

your always kind and generous.:-4

enjoy your races, sounds like the dog is tuckered out!:yh_rotfl

sunny here also, but the humidity is back.:-5

mowed the lawns, trimmed a huge bush, cleaned out the garage, used my leaf blower to get all that crap off my driveway from the old bats house.:lips:

off to shower and eat some lunch!

here's a green iguana to cool you off.

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1312965 wrote: No thanks, sounds like too much hard work - I've got my feet up ! :yh_rotfl

:p:p:p:yh_rotfl

Helen;1312982 wrote: afternoon all,

been to a plant sale at the local school, got two tomato plants, some more fuchias to replace the ones i lost in the cold earlier and a few bedding plants to fill out the rest of my tubs................ was going to have an hour sorting them all out .......... its now decided top rain !!!:rolleyes:

did get out for an hour last night, sat at a pavement cafe for burger and chips and watched all the kids on their way to the clubs and pubs, wishing i was 30yrs younger lol

other than that, ive not done much..........................

Oh I love plant sales!

Fuchsias are just magnificent, we have them here also in hanging baskets.

plant them when the rain stops..so much easier to dig.;)

I wish we had outdoor cafe's around where I live, as I to, need to get out plus its just so much fun to sit out in summer.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hiya Helen ! I'm going to set aside lots of items that I can do without, and when I've collected enough I shall try to persuade Chris to come with me to a massive car-boot sale that is on every Sunday. It's time to make a bit of money from my unused clutter! Trouble is Chris is not too keen on attending car boot sales, because he reckons that we'd have to sell a load just to make the site fee ! But for a starter, I reckon I could dispose of all my old CB radio equipment which is fairly comprehensive. We've got so many tools, that if we saved just two of each item we'd still have boxes of tools to sell! All sorts of stuff. Books, don't talk to me about books, I reckon I could refill our local library! :yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

G#Gill;1312986 wrote: Hiya Helen ! I'm going to set aside lots of items that I can do without, and when I've collected enough I shall try to persuade Chris to come with me to a massive car-boot sale that is on every Sunday. It's time to make a bit of money from my unused clutter! Trouble is Chris is not too keen on attending car boot sales, because he reckons that we'd have to sell a load just to make the site fee ! But for a starter, I reckon I could dispose of all my old CB radio equipment which is fairly comprehensive. We've got so many tools, that if we saved just two of each item we'd still have boxes of tools to sell! All sorts of stuff. Books, don't talk to me about books, I reckon I could refill our local library! :yh_rotfl

hi gill,

wish i lived nearer, i love car boots. the site fees arnt too bad but then i supose youve got fuel to add aswell...............

got my appointment for the hairdresser on tuesday, cant wait !!! its down on my shoulders already and lookin very ragged rite now, it will make me feel a bit more human..............

anyweay off to bed now, had a long old day today so nite nite all :-4
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1312984 wrote: :p:p:p:yh_rotfl

Oh I love plant sales!

Fuchsias are just magnificent, we have them here also in hanging baskets.

plant them when the rain stops..so much easier to dig.;)

I wish we had outdoor cafe's around where I live, as I to, need to get out plus its just so much fun to sit out in summer.

im afraid i hate being indoors like this, been an outdoor girl all my life......... nothing i used to like better than putting the kids to bed ( when they were young enough to be told to go lol ) and sitting in the garden with my neighbours and a cup of tea, sometimes the odd bottle of wine !!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Nite nite Helen, sleep well chuck ! :-6:D
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1313013 wrote: im afraid i hate being indoors like this, been an outdoor girl all my life......... nothing i used to like better than putting the kids to bed ( when they were young enough to be told to go lol ) and sitting in the garden with my neighbours and a cup of tea, sometimes the odd bottle of wine !!!

me to, I sit out in the morning and evenings, and sometimes yak with my friend Wayne who is my good neighbour.:yh_rotfl

what are you neigbours like there as you said you had a place to sit out?
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

Odie;1313026 wrote: me to, I sit out in the morning and evenings, and sometimes yak with my friend Wayne who is my good neighbour.:yh_rotfl

what are you neigbours like there as you said you had a place to sit out?

mornin odie,

dont see much of them to be honest, they all seem to work. one is a taxi driver who works nights, the other guy is a fisherman who is away a lot of the time and the lady whose not long moved in, leaves at the crack of dawn every day but when i do see them, they always speak.

i cancelled wallys day school today cos they charge extra as its bank holiday and the "freind " said she'd do it anyway but now she said she wont :-4

also got to cancell my hospital appointment for friday cos his walker cant get here til after its time for me to leave and the "freind " has refused point blank to do it.

so not in the best of moods right now :mad:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ey up me ducks!

It's very cloudy here at the moment, although the sun is trying to break through! We were told that Monday would be the best weather day of the holiday ! Yeah right! Whe wind's gone east so I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed :yh_rotfl

Hey Helen, is this person still 'a friend' ? She's let you down big time, and that is under the belt causing you to cancel your hospital appointment :mad: Is it possible for the hospital to provide transport for you? Although that still leaves the problem of Wally, but couldn't your daughter help out here? People can be sooooo thoughtful and co-operative can't they? Don't they realise how important this appointment of yours is? :rolleyes:

A little bunch of flowers to try to cheer you up, Helen............

:-6 ;)
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1313055 wrote: mornin odie,

dont see much of them to be honest, they all seem to work. one is a taxi driver who works nights, the other guy is a fisherman who is away a lot of the time and the lady whose not long moved in, leaves at the crack of dawn every day but when i do see them, they always speak.

i cancelled wallys day school today cos they charge extra as its bank holiday and the "freind " said she'd do it anyway but now she said she wont :-4

also got to cancell my hospital appointment for friday cos his walker cant get here til after its time :sneaky:or me to leave and the "freind " has refused point blank to do it.

so not in the best of moods right now :mad:

my neighbours all work as well.

that's insane they charge extra when they're already there.:-5

that's one nasty friend, well, obviously she is no friend.:sneaky::mad:

You don't need friends like that.;)

is there no other way you can make your appointment Friday?
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Morning Gill, let's go socker punch Helen's friend.:sneaky:

supposed to rain tonight...god I hope it does, that's what they said last week!:-5

Here's some fresh coffee and brownies for you and Helen!

I put a little something extra in the brownies for Helen, thought she could use a high.:lips:

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”