Taser Guns

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

I am from a pretty big city here in British Columbia, and in the past few years there has been serious incidences with these Taser Guns that have been recently issued to police forces. Just one month ago a Polish fellow coming to Vancouver to see his mom was killed by a taser gun, and now there is going to be a huge inquest into this - was there brute police force or what? The situation is not entirely clear yet, still do not know why his mom who was supposed to be at the airport welcoming him was not there to intervene. Poor fellow, who did not know a schmick of english got frustrated and started throwing stuff in this area around, and that is when the RCMP were called in and they tasered him, held him down on the floor with force, and the poor man died. Like I said - huge inquest going to go on.

Actually, there are a couple of stories against cops per se that are being investigated now - I was just wondering if in any of ya'lls cities or towns where there are problems with too much force by the gendarmes so to speak.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

We've no problem in the UK and I don't expect we will have. Countries where they use tasers as cattle prods have problems but that's because the police there treat anyone who is both socially disadvantaged and lacks instant servility as cattle. Genuine cattle prods had a considerable vogue in South Africa back in the good old days too, but the implications got in the way of the fun eventually. These days they're repackaged and called tasers instead.

The death-count of just-tasered people is currently around 200, I think that's right. I can't say "people killed with tasers" because the taser manufacturers get upset if you say it quite so baldly.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

Well, they are supposed to have their "acceptable" standards, so they say, but bottom line, Vancouver has and still is seeing a bit too much brutality by the police forces here. Who knows what will come of all the inquisitions. I guess as long a the "joe or jane on the street keeps their nose clean" there should not be a problem, but who is to say you may not just get stung by one of those by mistake. I don't know, just wondering if there were any problems with city cops in your city or town.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

The entire concept of arming police in the first place is bent. I find it revealing that the thing they're paid to do to the public at large - serve - is the same word we use to describe what bulls do to any cow careless enough to come within spitting distance.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

I, for one believe police need to be armed - against all the criminal element, I duly support that. I don't think that some of these weapons should be used by maybe not so skilled people? Meaning, they should be on the force a little longer. I don't think that this is the right answer also. Maybe, they need more training as to when and how to use these weapons. Maybe tasers don't take out people, but only disable them for a short time instead of killing a person, if you only use it once - instead of three times? I am not sure there is any solution to this problem. I just wanted to know if other citizens are hearing about such outlandish force. That's all.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Here's what happens when you arm your law enforcement and then fail to prosecute them when they screw up:Officers mistook the 18-year-old's brush for a gun and shot him 20 times, police chief Ray Kelly said.Are we supposed to believe that the bullets in police firearms are deliberately designed to be ineffective? Is that why it takes 20 rounds to adequately subdue an uppity teenager? Either the whole department was lined up shouting "me too!" or someone changed magazines half way through the slaughter.

The likelihood of successfully prosecuting a police officer for causing death in the UK is rather less than the chance of Elvis revisiting Las Vegas.
RedGlitter

Taser Guns

Post by RedGlitter »

I think it's become a lazy way to handle unruly people. What happened to tackling a person and taking them to the ground? These tasers are a poor idea in poorly skilled hands driven by poorly prepared minds.
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

Thanks spot for the input, you have made your point succinctly (sp?). I still don't yet see any answer. We are supposed to be protected, yet how can we know we will be? I guess I sound like a bit of a realist. Tks again.
beautiful_soul

Taser Guns

Post by beautiful_soul »

The man died after being tasered??? i thought taser guns were meant to be a safer form of weapon than of the gun?
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

They are supposed to be safer, but after being hit supposedly 3 times with it, (probably pointed at the chest) how many hearts can stand that. I agree with glitter - try to take them down first.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

beautiful_soul;720247 wrote: The man died after being tasered??? i thought taser guns were meant to be a safer form of weapon than of the gun?

If it were used for what it was designed to be there would be fewer problems.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/en ... of=eng-can is Amnesty International's summary of Canadian use and abuse up to this summer. The essential sentence is "The organization is concerned that police officers are using the weapon in ways which may be harmful or exacerbate dangers from other restraints".
moonpie

Taser Guns

Post by moonpie »

But like I said before, RG most likely has the best idea. The forces are not being used properly, i.e. mostly rookies, etc. They are all running on low budgets, and do not have properly trained people with these type of weapons.
Indian Princess

Taser Guns

Post by Indian Princess »

Ok, Red, I know your waiting for this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Tasers used correctly are a good thing( I want one)!!!!!!!!:D

Too use it repeatedy over and over without the need is sadistic and that person should be held accountable,but considering the alternative being shot, in some cases I think it can be a better alternative. It just depends on the the user and the receiver
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Here's today's CBC report on last month's incident at Vancouver International Airport, together with the raw video of the killing of Robert Dziekanski.Police enter the secure area with no problems and can be seen with Dziekanski standing calmly talking with officers. They appear to direct him to stand against a wall, which he does. As he is standing there, one of the officers shoots him with a Taser.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said no one can judge what happened to Dziekanski by just watching the video. "It's just one piece of evidence, one person's view. There are many people that we have spoken to," RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. "What I urge is that those watching the video, take note of that. Put what they've seen aside for the time being. And wait to hear the totality of the evidence at the time of the inquest," Carr said.
RedGlitter

Taser Guns

Post by RedGlitter »

I know you think you want a taser IP, but that would probably cease when you accidentally tased yourself.

Seriously, a gunshot to the leg would probably be less damage and more effective than essentially electrocuting someone's internal organs repeatedly. I might add that every time I've seen tasers used in footage, it's not just one stun. They tase the person, they fall down, they get tased again because they're now rendered incapable of comprehending/receiving orders (put your hands behind your back) which gives cops a reason to tase them yet again. Do you see what I mean? Lose the tasers and make cops do their job.
YZGI

Taser Guns

Post by YZGI »

Tasers aren't so bad. I have one I use on myself everytime I am thinking of making a sexual insinuations zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ow. It doesnt seem to effect them. ZZZZZZZZZZ Wow that was on full power. I wil ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Ok Ok Don't taze me bro please don't ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Taser Guns

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Indian Princess;720291 wrote: Ok, Red, I know your waiting for this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Tasers used correctly are a good thing( I want one)!!!!!!!!:D

Too use it repeatedy over and over without the need is sadistic and that person should be held accountable,but considering the alternative being shot, in some cases I think it can be a better alternative. It just depends on the the user and the receiver

Occasionally the alternative is talking to the person rather than trying to incapacitate them. The use of weapons should be the act of last resort, not first response.

If he was being held down, why did they need to tazer him?

Are they not taught restraint procedures? Do they not have handcuffs?

One man, being held down by more than one trained police officer, is not a threat to them so how do they justify the use of the tazer?

If they cannot then they should be jailed for assault.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

spot;720327 wrote: RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said no one can judge what happened to Dziekanski by just watching the video. "It's just one piece of evidence, one person's view. There are many people that we have spoken to," RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. "What I urge is that those watching the video, take note of that. Put what they've seen aside for the time being. And wait to hear the totality of the evidence at the time of the inquest," Carr said.

Thank you RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr, it's only taken thirty months but now I suppose, having taken your advice, I can push this thread slightly further. Is that what you wanted? Two years of brushing the incident under the carpet?

It's been a rarity to have something like this on film which has found its way to the public, rather like the recent footage of bandit air crew blasting hell onto an Iraqi street for kicks. Take your camera when you go out, everyone. The more these things are captured the less confusion can be introduced by the sweep-it-out-of-sight apologists, may they rot.

Thomas Braidwood, the head of the inquiry commission, said police had not been justified in using the Taser, and that Mr Dziekanski had not posed a threat to the officers, as had been claimed. He said that the five jolts and the ensuing struggle with police had "contributed substantially to Mr Dziekanski's death".

The commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, William Elliott, apologised to Mr Dziekanski's mother, Zofia Cisowski. "I would like to express sincere regrets and apologise unconditionally for the role of the RCMP in this tragic death. Our policies and training were inadequate. The actions of our officers were inappropriate," he said at a news conference.

BBC News - Canada stun gun death 'not justified'

Mr Braidwood said the video "shocked and repulsed people around the world", did he. Damn right it did, and justifiably so. We need more of it, not less. Does anyone seriously believe the in-train security and platform camera capture of the police killing Jean Charles de Menezes really didn't exist before it was quietly disappeared, for example?

Oh, and "contributed substantially to Mr Dziekanski's death" is a lousy euphemism for the plain English "killed", Mr Braidwood. Stop mumbling and just spit it out.
Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

YZGI;720399 wrote: Tasers aren't so bad. I have one I use on myself everytime I am thinking of making a sexual insinuations zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ow. It doesnt seem to effect them. ZZZZZZZZZZ Wow that was on full power. I wil ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Ok Ok Don't taze me bro please don't ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

taze me, taze me!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Let me try that a second time, eh? I know she can't help it, I know it's not her fault, live and let live, the jacket will wash.

spot;720327 wrote: RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said no one can judge what happened to Dziekanski by just watching the video. "It's just one piece of evidence, one person's view. There are many people that we have spoken to," RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. "What I urge is that those watching the video, take note of that. Put what they've seen aside for the time being. And wait to hear the totality of the evidence at the time of the inquest," Carr said.

Thank you RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr, it's only taken thirty months but now I suppose, having taken your advice, I can push this thread slightly further. Is that what you wanted? Two years of brushing the incident under the carpet?

It's been a rarity to have something like this on film which has found its way to the public, rather like the recent footage of bandit air crew blasting hell onto an Iraqi street for kicks. Take your camera when you go out, everyone. The more these things are captured the less confusion can be introduced by the sweep-it-out-of-sight apologists, may they rot.

Thomas Braidwood, the head of the inquiry commission, said police had not been justified in using the Taser, and that Mr Dziekanski had not posed a threat to the officers, as had been claimed. He said that the five jolts and the ensuing struggle with police had "contributed substantially to Mr Dziekanski's death".

The commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, William Elliott, apologised to Mr Dziekanski's mother, Zofia Cisowski. "I would like to express sincere regrets and apologise unconditionally for the role of the RCMP in this tragic death. Our policies and training were inadequate. The actions of our officers were inappropriate," he said at a news conference.

Mr Braidwood said the video "shocked and repulsed people around the world", did he. Damn right it did, and justifiably so. We need more of it, not less. Does anyone seriously believe the in-train security and platform camera capture of the police killing Jean Charles de Menezes really didn't exist before it was quietly disappeared, for example?

Oh, and "contributed substantially to Mr Dziekanski's death" is a lousy euphemism for the plain English "killed", Mr Braidwood. Stop mumbling and just spit it out.
Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

spot;1317437 wrote: Let me try that a second time, eh? I know she can't help it, I know it's not her fault, live and let live, the jacket will wash.

now I get it, its okay for some to joke around, but not me?

do you ever smile, laugh or joke? you need to try it.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Odie, the man died and you're dancing on his memorial.
G#Gill

Taser Guns

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1317451 wrote: now I get it, its okay for some to joke around, but not me?

do you ever smile, laugh or joke? you need to try it.

Sorry Odie, both Wisey and you posted stuff in bad taste. This thread, by the nature of its contents is obviously not intended to have facetious comments made.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
flopstock

Taser Guns

Post by flopstock »

Odie;1317387 wrote: taze me, taze me!:yh_rotfl

Perhaps she found it funny, as yzgi did over two years ago.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

flopstock;1317495 wrote: Perhaps she found it funny, as yzgi did over two years ago.:thinking:

Perhaps if you made two quite viable threads out one we'd all be content? Moonpie would have a rational discussion of the Vancouver Airport incident and Wisey and Odie would have their titter in the bushes too.

Come on, requesting thread splits instead of demanding warnings and infractions is all the vogue. What more obvious candidate thread could you ever hope to see?
Ahso!

Taser Guns

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1317499 wrote: Perhaps if you made two quite viable threads out one we'd all be content? Moonpie would have a rational discussion of the Vancouver Airport incident and Wisey and Odie would have their titter in the bushes too.

Come on, requesting thread splits instead of demanding warnings and infractions is all the vogue. What more obvious candidate thread could you ever hope to see?I'll second the request if that'll help.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
G#Gill

Taser Guns

Post by G#Gill »

Sorry spot, I think the matter is sorted. I don't think there is anything to be gained by doing what you suggest, in this instance, thank you.
flopstock

Taser Guns

Post by flopstock »

spot;1317499 wrote: Perhaps if you made two quite viable threads out one we'd all be content? Moonpie would have a rational discussion of the Vancouver Airport incident and Wisey and Odie would have their titter in the bushes too.

Come on, requesting thread splits instead of demanding warnings and infractions is all the vogue. What more obvious candidate thread could you ever hope to see?

Not this girl pal. I'm all about spam and porn - the end. I do think that the last thought that would enter Yzgi's head would be to offend anyone. He doesn't appear to have it in him. So when I see comments of his I will choose to to intepret it as he just misses the boat sometimes.

Others I just read around -unless folks insist on calling my attention to them. I refuse to spend the rest of my natural life putting their posts where I think they belong.:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Taser Guns

Post by flopstock »

spot;1317437 wrote: Let me try that a second time, eh? I know she can't help it, I know it's not her fault, live and let live, the jacket will wash.

So what are the consequences? Why do they refer to 'possibilities of criminal charges'? If it wasn't justified, surely someone gets charged!

Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

spot;1317465 wrote: Odie, the man died and you're dancing on his memorial.

That was almost 3 years ago, you were a mod, why didn't you tell that to YZGI then?:rolleyes:

now you blame me?

huh!

perhaps you should split this thread.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Some of us put a lot of effort into the serious discussion side of ForumGarden, there are hundreds of partial threads like this which are awaiting events. What had been a long-term thread with considerable focus and integrity is now a complete wreck and if it isn't salvaged by splitting - which is what the mods are fully enabled to do under the current instructions - there'll be no alternative discussion of the incident which it began with. We can't go back and re-invent a thread spanning this length of time. Either this is where it happens or it's dead in the water.

Odie, a month back you put up a furious post about some relative's grave being trashed by municipal workers. I see little difference between that and your graffiti here, if the graffiti's allowed to be permanent.
Ahso!

Taser Guns

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1317507 wrote: Not this girl pal. I'm all about spam and porn - the end. I do think that the last thought that would enter Yzgi's head would be to offend anyone. He doesn't appear to have it in him. So when I see comments of his I will choose to to intepret it as he just misses the boat sometimes.

Others I just read around -unless folks insist on calling my attention to them. I refuse to spend the rest of my natural life putting their posts where I think they belong.:rolleyes:Thanks for at least taking the question on, Flopstock. The question I have is why does it need to be seen an intentional to warrant attention? YZGI and Odie may have made error's in judgment, thats all. Why not, as Spot suggested give both parties what they request, one thread for the serious minded and one for the more jovial attitude?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Taser Guns

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't think sartirical humour is out of place in a thread like this .Comedians do it all the time.

But in saying that I think tazers are more deadly than a gun and a more incidous death and a form of torture on those who in the mind of a law enforcement officer (and only based on his/her personal perception) have failed to "comply" to a command. it's the persception of 'comply' I have a problem with . there is footage of a woman in America where she is (and this is on a police tape) repeatedly tazered whilst complying to the officers directions and command. Around the police car people are shown numbed and shocked and do not intervene in case of retaliation.

In western Australia a 12 year old boy was tazered at school. In America again, a 5 year old was tazered because a principle, security guard and two officers could not sufficiently control him. When mentioning the twelve year old boy on an Australian police forum I was shouted down and the main excuse used for this incident was "some twelve year olds are taller than me" and "you weren't there and therefore should not comment" .Well I beg to differ.

How's that eh?
flopstock

Taser Guns

Post by flopstock »

fuzzywuzzy;1317526 wrote: I don't think sartirical humour is out of place in a thread like this .Comedians do it all the time.

But in saying that I think tazers are more deadly than a gun and a more incidous death and a form of torture on those who in the mind of a law enforcement officer (and only based on his/her personal perception) have failed to "comply" to a command. it's the persception of 'comply' I have a problem with . there is footage of a woman in America where she is (and this is on a police tape) repeatedly tazered whilst complying to the officers directions and command. Around the police car people are shown numbed and shocked and do not intervene in case of retaliation.

In western Australia a 12 year old boy was tazered at school. In America again, a 5 year old was tazered because a principle, security guard and two officers could not sufficiently control him. When mentioning the twelve year old boy on an Australian police forum I was shouted down and the main excuse used for this incident was "some twelve year olds are taller than me" and "you weren't there and therefore should not comment" .Well I beg to differ.

How's that eh?

I agree there need to be very stringent guidelines for the use of them. And severe consequenses for the misuse.

G#Gill

Taser Guns

Post by G#Gill »

When they first introduced the Taser to the British police force, I had my doubts about them. When the police are involved in a situation and they produce their taser, do they know if their intended target has a heart condition? You don't have to be elderly to have heart conditions, as has been proved on marathons when men in their early thirties die of a heart attack! The sooner they discontinue using those damn things the better for everybody! We've got pepper sprays, we've got truncheons (they call them something else now), and we have armed response units. So why do we have to have a dubious weapon called a taser?
fuzzywuzzy

Taser Guns

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

you also don't know if a female is pregnant either. or has any other known conditions. I brought that up in the site I was arguing in and the responce was "that someone should not ark up if they think they are going to be tazered " so therefore it's the persons fault if they are tazered .

I'm sorry if a police officer is unreasonable does that take away my right to disagree with them? What if that individual is a barstard? bring me to the magistrate to decide...police officers are not judge jury and executioner.

If you are commanded to put down a weapon and refuse to do so then you leave yourself open ..........but more and more we are seeing people tazered where no weapon is produced .
Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

When Canada was first introduced to them, we all thought, well, that`s a pretty good idea, only to later find out the results and harm done by them.

Cops take the advantage of using them far to quickly without stopping to think.

To many here and in he US have died and if they hadn`t, its a torturous way to stop someone.

I have signed 2 petitions to stop these.

If a cop ever tasered anyone in my family.....I would sue their asses off.
fuzzywuzzy

Taser Guns

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You and me both!!
Bill Sikes

Taser Guns

Post by Bill Sikes »

I am glad that the Inquiry has come to a reasonable conclusion.

I am glad that the government is reviewing the possibility of pressing charges against four RCMP officers involved in Robert Dziekanski’s death.

I do not think that "Tasers" are deadlier than guns.

I feel very uncomfortable when there are armed police around, and do not think that the police should routinely be armed.

I feel that if a policeman fires at someone during the course of his duties, he should no longer use firearms as part of his job, but be transferred appropriately.

I do not think that there should be censure for posting frivolous comments in a thread, however I do not think that frivolous comments should be frequently interjected.

I do not see anything particularly wrong with normal "thread drift".
YZGI

Taser Guns

Post by YZGI »

Okay, after reading back through the thread I agree that my remarks were out of line. I think when I posted it I hadn't read the thread and just posted what I thought was a funny snippet about tasers. I in no way meant to make fun of a death.

On a side note:

It's nice to know that my posts will be offending for years to come.:o
Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1317660 wrote: Okay, after reading back through the thread I agree that my remarks were out of line. I think when I posted it I hadn't read the thread and just posted what I thought was a funny snippet about tasers. I in no way meant to make fun of a death.

On a side note:

It's nice to know that my posts will be offending for years to come.:o

I know how you feel.
spot

Taser Guns

Post by spot »

Wisey's allowed because he's a gormless incompetent whose nearest approach to reading skills is latching onto one word in three and then filling in with wild guesswork. What's your excuse?
YZGI

Taser Guns

Post by YZGI »

spot;1317678 wrote: Wisey's allowed because he's a gormless incompetent whose nearest approach to reading skills is latching onto one word in three and then filling in with wild guesswork. What's your excuse?
:yh_rotfl One in three? Wow thanks..
Odie

Taser Guns

Post by Odie »

spot;1317678 wrote: Wisey's allowed because he's a gormless incompetent whose nearest approach to reading skills is latching onto one word in three and then filling in with wild guesswork. What's your excuse?

not in the mood today for your sarcasm spot.;)
Royd Fissure

Taser Guns

Post by Royd Fissure »

I haven't read much about ECDs (Tazer) killing people lately. That could mean several things:

1. It's not happening.

2. It is happening but it's not being publicised.

3. I'm lying.

4. I'm wilfully ignorant in my reading.

5. Finally the message is sinking in and the ECD is being used properly.

I want it to be 5.
Bill Sikes

Taser Guns

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ahso!;1317739 wrote: However, splitting a thread that has gone off course such as, say, your Sparkle thread, could and should be split so that anyone attempting to read it could maintain a sense of continuity in the conversation.

Well. I must say that although I posted the first post, I am quite happy with the way it's gone - a few people have posted anew after a long time of absence, and even from the lofty heights of Tombstone Towers, notice may have been taken - time will tell. It would be a surprise should the originator of FG not be interested in the operation of the forum, even after having distanced himself.

I don't mind at all that there are a lot of "sub-threads", if you like - and it is beyond my control, too - perhaps that's a good thing in a generally applicable sense relating to posters of each kind, and FG.

Ahso!;1317739 wrote: Before I get jumped on for beating a dead horse or wanting the last word - its a discussion forum.

Quite.

Sometimes, when "thread drift" occurs, the thoughtful poster will start another thread, referring in the first instance to the originating thread, e.g.: "(new thread) Discussions on (other thread) got me thinking (posted thoughts)".
Ahso!

Taser Guns

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1317747 wrote: Well. I must say that although I posted the first post, I am quite happy with the way it's gone - a few people have posted anew after a long time of absence, and even from the lofty heights of Tombstone Towers, notice may have been taken - time will tell. It would be a surprise should the originator of FG not be interested in the operation of the forum, even after having distanced himself.

I don't mind at all that there are a lot of "sub-threads", if you like - and it is beyond my control, too - perhaps that's a good thing in a generally applicable sense relating to posters of each kind, and FG.

Quite.

Sometimes, when "thread drift" occurs, the thoughtful poster will start another thread, referring in the first instance to the originating thread, e.g.: "(new thread) Discussions on (other thread) got me thinking (posted thoughts)".You quoted me too quickly. I actually did just that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bill Sikes

Taser Guns

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ahso!;1317751 wrote: You quoted me too quickly. I actually did just that.

Yes, I know. I have quickly replied in "your" new thread!

Return to “General Chit Chat”