Define Dating in your part of the world

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

What kind of activity would be considered "dating" and at what age does this dating become appropriate?

At 13, I would allow my daughter's "dates" to be a movie at my house, dinner my daughter possibly made in my kitchen, movies out with a parental unit along....things of this nature.

At 15, and assuming my daughter's maturity level was appropriate, I would possibly allow her dates at the mall, movies on her own, dinners out, etc.

I was curious how others defined dating and at what age certain activities would be allowed
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
guppy

Post by guppy »

Thank you Jesus..I am well past this stage..my youngest is now eighteen..

what i have learned by raising four kids is this;

when they decide they are ready for sex...you will not stop them..all you can do is educate them..

That dropping them off at the movies.does not mean they watched a movie..they can pay..walk in..wait for you to leave..and then have a friend pick them up

same goes with the mall..they can be gone from there in two seconds flat..same goes for the skating rink..bowling alley..and etc..

spending the night with a friend..you can meet the parents.and assume your child is safely being watched..nada..kids are smart..and devious..

as for the age appropriateness of dating..it depends on the child..and the circumstances..
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree Guppy I know what I did as a teen I would do all kinds of sneaky stuff. Actually in some instances I'm luck to be alive that was a different time back in the 50's and 60's. Now the dangers are instant for our kids but their desire to test the water so to speak is the same. It does depend on the teen each one is different.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

guppy

Post by guppy »

CARLA;1324508 wrote: I agree Guppy I know what I did as a teen I would do all kinds of sneaky stuff. Actually in some instances I'm luck to be alive that was a different time back in the 50's and 60's. Now the dangers are instant for our kids but their desire to test the water so to speak is the same. It does depend on the teen each one is different.

i remember telling my best friends mom we were going to the movies..when we got home..she was asking us all about the movie..we adlibbed like crazy..making stuff up..what we did do was haul ass down to the beach for two hours..sixty miles away..well, her mom let us bury ourself in our lies and then ...very nicely informed us she was at the theather and watched the movie..and then she promptly beat both our butts...we were both sixteen....:p

Return to “General Chit Chat”