Heck, I can't find my new group

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Hi there,

I made up a new group this afternoon. (Binbag Cottage)

I was offered one choice to place the group...which was under "General".

Thing is, unless I've over looked it, I just can't find it.

Would any kind soul help me please by advising me how I find this new group of mine.

(probably in the binbag by now) lol

Thank you in advance.

An embarrassed Binbag. :yh_blush
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

It's there in general.

In the top bar click on community then groups and it is listed in recently updated and in new groups
binbag

Post by binbag »

Bryn Mawr;1324804 wrote: It's there in general.

In the top bar click on community then groups and it is listed in recently updated and in new groups

Thank for your speedy reply Bryan Mawr.

I was looking at the list in the left hand panel, not the second top bar, no wonder I couldn't find it. lol.

Can I ask you something else please.

(now this is not in anyway a complaint or a moan, I'm just trying to figure everything out)

Do all members have one choice i.e. All new groups by default appear under "General"? and if so, why are there so many other groups listed under various other headings in the left hand panel.

How do visitors find their way to the new Groups? You see, when I was first attracted to "Forum Garden", I started looking in the left hand panel where all the groups are listed.

Thank you once more for your help.

binbag.

[/FONT]
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I'm still losing my way round this place since all the furniture was moved about. I'm convinced I'm gonna open the wrong door and find a member half naked wrapped in a bath towel
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

binbag;1324831 wrote: Thank for your speedy reply Bryan Mawr.

I was looking at the list in the left hand panel, not the second top bar, no wonder I couldn't find it. lol.

Can I ask you something else please.

(now this is not in anyway a complaint or a moan, I'm just trying to figure everything out)

Do all members have one choice i.e. All new groups by default appear under "General"? and if so, why are there so many other groups listed under various other headings in the left hand panel.

How do visitors find their way to the new Groups? You see, when I was first attracted to "Forum Garden", I started looking in the left hand panel where all the groups are listed.

Thank you once more for your help.

binbag.

Different animals.

The navigation bar on the left hand side of the home page show the open forums where the members can post as they will.

Groups can be set up by individuals who then control which members can join and post and whether the posts will be visible to the rest of the membership.

As far as I know, all groups are in a single category - general. This does not relate to the to the forums listed under "general forums" in the navigation pane, it's just a way of grouping the groups if anyone should want to.
binbag

Post by binbag »

OK understood. I'm gratful to you.

Thank you.

binbag.

[/FONT]

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”