Is Anyone Using I Pad?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Lon »

Do you have one? Do you like it? Tell us about it.
Oscar Namechange

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lon;1325795 wrote: Do you have one? .

Yes.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1325796 wrote: Yes.

Yes, WOT:yh_rotfl

Tell us about it. I'd love to have one. I'm looking for something light that I can hook up quickly and don't have to have pounds of luggage with me when I travel. Geez, when I bring my Dell laptop with me, I put it in a computer bag and it weighs a ton:thinking:

My niece a wee apple notebook....it's as light as a feather and has lots of functions.
Lon

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Lon »

Bought one for wife this afternoon---------Wow---after a learning curve of four hours I have to say that this is one hell of device. Boots up almost instantly and is ready to go as opposed to several minutes on the PC or Laptop. This I Pad is a real threat to the Laptop and Mini business in my opinion as it will more than satisfy the needs of not all, but many laptop users including myself. With the 3 G capability and Wi Fi you can use it just about anywhere and the 3 G monthly charge is only $14 a month.
flopstock

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by flopstock »

Got one at work when they first came out, for all the managers to see and try out. Then I gave it to the manager that was most excited by it. He loves it and is able to remote into all the workstations(pcs and macs) that he needs to use late on fridays.... now he's not driving over.

Only negative I can recall is that it doesnt like flash.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by CARLA »

No Apple product uses flash they have been at odds about it since the IPHONE came out. I have been remoting in from my IPHONE to all my servers at work since I got it over a year ago. I can also logon the their PC with Citrix on the IPHONE. I will admit the IPAD size interest me just would be easier to see if it is light weight I might give it a look. When traveling weight and size matter so far my IPHONE has taken the place of my Laptop when I travel, it has saved me hours of time in so many ways. I just used my IPHONE to deposit a check into my checking account with a APP that does it though my bank just took a picture of both sides BAM!! deposit made. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Tombstone

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Tombstone »

I want to get one (since I love my Iphone 3GS) - but am concerned that it will be just a "looky-loo" device since typing is a pain in the butt. Is typing an issue?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Lon

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Lon »

Tombstone;1325947 wrote: I want to get one (since I love my Iphone 3GS) - but am concerned that it will be just a "looky-loo" device since typing is a pain in the butt. Is typing an issue?

The on board keyboard is super sensitive and I find it pretty speedy to use with a stylus instead of my big fingers.
Tombstone

Is Anyone Using I Pad?

Post by Tombstone »

Okay, thanks. What I should do is go to a store and try one out.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “General Chit Chat”