Change To Uploading Images.

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Hi,

I've just noticed there's a new method of uploading images which automatically converts the image to a clickable thumbnail size.

I don't find any problem with that but can anyone tell me if this will be the case from now on please.

Many thanks.

binbag.
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
spot

Post by spot »

I'm moderately sure the minimum dimensions and size for thumbnailing can be set by the Administrator, in which case the settings will potentially change as the site upgrades and the theme's tinkered with. The main purpose is to avoid horizontal scrollbars on the Home Page. It might happen eventually to hotlinked images too, though the Administrator frowns on hotlinking to start with.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
binbag

Post by binbag »

spot;1327537 wrote: I'm moderately sure the minimum dimensions and size for thumbnailing can be set by the Administrator, in which case the settings will potentially change as the site upgrades and the theme's tinkered with. The main purpose is to avoid horizontal scrollbars on the Home Page. It might happen eventually to hotlinked images too, though the Administrator frowns on hotlinking to start with.

Thank you spot.

Yes it's quite easy to make thumbnails of images. I thought perhaps it was done to help images load quicker.

I inquired as it would involve me adjusting images I upload to my own group, ie. I could line up a few images side by side in future, anyone wishing to view them would simply click on the thumbnails and the original sized image would pop up.

"Hotlinking" Oooops naughty word. :)

Appreciate you replying,

and thanks again.

binbag.

[/FONT]
niechen861102

Post by niechen861102 »

I don't find any problem with that but can anyone tell me if this will be the case from now on please.

----------------
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1327537 wrote: It might happen eventually to hotlinked images too, though the Administrator frowns on hotlinking to start with.

I've had a warning about hot-linking images before, so I'd say that's an absolute no-no rather than a frown-uponable offense.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Rapunzel;1332744 wrote: I've had a warning about hot-linking images before, so I'd say that's an absolute no-no rather than a frown-uponable offense.
I've always viewed hot-linking as a huge NO-No Rapunzel. It would be interesting to view other member's views on hot-linking also.

[/FONT]

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”