thoughts please

farmer giles

thoughts please

Post by farmer giles »

without me starting a major meltdown on my fg return what do you guys make of this ?? without doubt its the best thing i have ever found on youtube :thinking::thinking:

YouTube - Truth about Religion Part 1 of 3

G#Gill

thoughts please

Post by G#Gill »

Well hello Mr. J.................. good to see you again ! Please post more often..........you are missed !

I thought that link was most interesting................... certainly thought provoking ! I think it needs to be seen many times, all 3 videos. Would explain an awful lot don't you think? :thinking: :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
along-for-the-ride

thoughts please

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Welcome back, Jimbo. :)

Interesting video. Lots of coincidences.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
gmc

thoughts please

Post by gmc »

farmer giles;1331927 wrote: without me starting a major meltdown on my fg return what do you guys make of this ?? without doubt its the best thing i have ever found on youtube :thinking::thinking:

YouTube - Truth about Religion Part 1 of 3

Some you won't be telling them anythingb they weren't aware of, others will pray for you to see the light. welcome back.
mikeinie

thoughts please

Post by mikeinie »

Welcome back, you have been missed.
fuzzywuzzy

thoughts please

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well, well, well, look what the tractor dragged in.:wah::wah::wah:
binbag

thoughts please

Post by binbag »

Hi there farmer giles.

Here's just a couple of things to think about regarding the video.

Sunday worship is mentioned. Wrong, Saturday was the Sabbath.

December 25th is quoted as Jesus' birthday. Wrong, the 25th was adapted from the pagan Winter Solstice to represent Jesus' birthday.

Jesus would be seen in the clouds up in heaven wearing His crown of thorns or "sun rays"

Wrong, the thorns were forced onto Jesus' head by the Roman soldiers who were mocking him before he was crucified. The thorns did not symbolize sun rays.

Hope that's of help.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
farmer giles

thoughts please

Post by farmer giles »

:sneaky::sneaky:thanks for your thoughts guys as always
binbag

thoughts please

Post by binbag »

farmer giles;1333447 wrote: :sneaky::sneaky:thanks for your thoughts guys as always
Aaaaaaw, farmer giles, you can't leave it there.

Tell us what your thoughts are. :)

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Odie

thoughts please

Post by Odie »

farmer giles;1333447 wrote: :sneaky::sneaky:thanks for your thoughts guys as always

just saw this one now.........welcome back Jimbo!:-4

please.....this time..stick around.:yh_wink

I miss your humour!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
farmer giles

thoughts please

Post by farmer giles »

binbag;1333558 wrote: Aaaaaaw, farmer giles, you can't leave it there.

Tell us what your thoughts are. :)

bb

sorry i cant do the god is true it says so in the bible and it must be true coz the bible is the word of god thing any more if you have anything to prove god or jesus without the bible cop out clause i would love to hear it ...jimbo:thinking::thinking:

Odie;1333561 wrote: just saw this one now.........welcome back Jimbo!:-4

thank you my friend :wah::wah:

please.....this time..stick around.:yh_wink

I miss your humour!:yh_rotfl
gmc

thoughts please

Post by gmc »

posted by farmer giles

sorry i cant do the god is true it says so in the bible and it must be true coz the bible is the word of god thing any more if you have anything to prove god or jesus without the bible cop out clause i would love to hear it ...jimbo

Take that away and there isn't much left. Study a bit about the history of the gospels and it's not a very convincing argument in the first place. Basically they ask you to accept that the edited version we now have is the true word of god cos god guided them when they were deciding what to include and what to exclude. In reality it was a cynical editing to get a religion that could be used to control people on earth.

You might find this of interest

BBC - BBC Four Programmes - The End of God?: A Horizon Guide to Science and Religion
farmer giles

thoughts please

Post by farmer giles »

thanks GMC very very interesting indeed :-3:-3
OpenMind

thoughts please

Post by OpenMind »

gmc;1334281 wrote: posted by farmer giles

Take that away and there isn't much left. Study a bit about the history of the gospels and it's not a very convincing argument in the first place. Basically they ask you to accept that the edited version we now have is the true word of god cos god guided them when they were deciding what to include and what to exclude. In reality it was a cynical editing to get a religion that could be used to control people on earth.

You might find this of interest

BBC - BBC Four Programmes - The End of God?: A Horizon Guide to Science and Religion

The Lost Gospels that folowed that programme was also interesting. There were 22 altogether and one of the programme's conclusions was that if they were all included in the New Testament, Christianity would never have taken off.
gmc

thoughts please

Post by gmc »

OpenMind;1334301 wrote: The Lost Gospels that folowed that programme was also interesting. There were 22 altogether and one of the programme's conclusions was that if they were all included in the New Testament, Christianity would never have taken off.

Christianity took off because it was taken up by the roman emperors, if you couldn't be god the next best thing is to be the one talking to him. Or is that a bit cynical?

If they'd kept the requirement for circumcision for gentile converts that some of the early church wanted it probably wouldn't have taken off either. You might be prepared to make sacrifices or offerings to god but having to cut bits off yourself to become a member of a new religion would have been a bit of a deterrent for most people. Praise the lord and pass the holy pen(is)knife.

Posted by openmind

The Lost Gospels that folowed that programme was also interesting. There were 22 altogether and one of the programme's conclusions was that if they were all included in the New Testament, Christianity would never have taken off.

I couldn't find a link for that on replay. Do you have it? if so please post it. I missed part of it. The thing that surprised me was that someone could become a priest without knowing the new testament had been heavily edited to get the "right" doctrine.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

thoughts please

Post by Bryn Mawr »

OpenMind;1334301 wrote: The Lost Gospels that folowed that programme was also interesting. There were 22 altogether and one of the programme's conclusions was that if they were all included in the New Testament, Christianity would never have taken off.

I found the Lost Gosples far more interesting than the End of God. A real insite into the politics of the early Church.
gmc

thoughts please

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1334340 wrote: I found the Lost Gosples far more interesting than the End of God. A real insite into the politics of the early Church.

I found them interesting as well but I didn't watch it all at the time. dodn;t know about the later ones they have found. The more I know about it the less I can put up with the bible tells me so brigade. It's like talking to someone that's memorised the sales brochure if you ask them something that requires thought they don't know what to say unless the phrase has been given to them. I'm right you're wrong sums up the depths of their logic.
OpenMind

thoughts please

Post by OpenMind »

gmc;1334318 wrote: Christianity took off because it was taken up by the roman emperors, if you couldn't be god the next best thing is to be the one talking to him. Or is that a bit cynical?

If they'd kept the requirement for circumcision for gentile converts that some of the early church wanted it probably wouldn't have taken off either. You might be prepared to make sacrifices or offerings to god but having to cut bits off yourself to become a member of a new religion would have been a bit of a deterrent for most people. Praise the lord and pass the holy pen(is)knife.

Posted by openmind

I couldn't find a link for that on replay. Do you have it? if so please post it. I missed part of it. The thing that surprised me was that someone could become a priest without knowing the new testament had been heavily edited to get the "right" doctrine.

Here ya go, GMC. YouTube - The Lost Gospels [1/9]

I have to confess that I didn't pick up on the fact that the presenter is an Anglican priest.

http://www.playandwatch.com/play-202335 ... spels.html
gmc

thoughts please

Post by gmc »

OpenMind;1334480 wrote: Here ya go, GMC. YouTube - The Lost Gospels [1/9]

I have to confess that I didn't pick up on the fact that the presenter is an Anglican priest.

Watch BBC - The Lost Gospels - Christianity - Documentaries - Playandwatch.com

Thanks for that. Puzzled me I must admit when he made the comment. I don't know anything about the way anglican and catholics train their priests but I would have thought any priest would knowing about the nicene creed and it's origins would twig there must have been parts of the bible deliberately left out. The gospels weren't lost they were thrown away.
Bez

thoughts please

Post by Bez »

Have just sat through the 'Lost Gospels 1 /9 ' and found it very interesting..... I'm going to 'delve' into these more.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “General Religious Discussions”