Locked out?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
kazalala

Locked out?

Post by kazalala »

when i tried to log on earlier i got the message saying ab out wrong password or username .. it was only on my 4th attempt i realised the message i was reading was saying i had used all my 5 attempts and wouldnt be able to try again for 15 minutes:-3 i was definitely being very careful even at the second attempt, but when i realised it was only my fourth attempt and even before i tried it was saying i had used up my quota,, hmm something not quite right:wah: I also got a mail sent to my e mail address as follows....

Dear kazalala,

Someone has tried to log into your account on ForumGarden with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: *********

All the best,

ForumGarden

The IP address is mine,, but no one had any access to my computer so i dont know what was going on? Anyone else ever have this problem? Is it possible for someone else to be using my IP? although why they would want to hack in to my FG account is beyond me:wah::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Locked out?

Post by spot »

I occasionally do that when I don't notice the Caps Lock is on. If it were me I'd clear my browser cache and cookies and assume I'd done something strange without noticing. I'd not know how to spoof FG into thinking I was using your IP address so I reckon whatever happened came through your internet connection. If you use an ill-protected wireless router it's possible it was a neighbour but I'd assume that was pretty unlikely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Locked out?

Post by kazalala »

spot;1334897 wrote: I occasionally do that when I don't notice the Caps Lock is on. If it were me I'd clear my browser cache and cookies and assume I'd done something strange without noticing. I'd not know how to spoof FG into thinking I was using your IP address so I reckon whatever happened came through your internet connection. If you use an ill-protected wireless router it's possible it was a neighbour but I'd assume that was pretty unlikely.
Yes i have done caps lock before as well, so i did check that after my first attempt:thinking: My wireless router is "supposed" to be secure:-3well i went through the steps it told me to when i got it,, I do clear my browser and cookies often ish:-3 Just one of those strange things i suppose

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”