Pretoria schoolgirl stabbed to death, hands hacked off

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

A Pretoria schoolgirl who stayed at home with an ear infection was stabbed to death and had her hands chopped off, reports Beeld newspaper.

Pretoria schoolgirl stabbed to death, hands hacked off | EUTimes.net

I don't know guy's but I read stories like this and it further ads to my not caring about capital punishment. I sincerely find absolutely no use in keeping around any animal capable of doing anything remotely close to this. A complete and utter waste of resources that people should not be forced to give up. Society has enough problems getting their own "personal" bills payed let alone money that goes towards keeping creatures capable of this fed, clothed, showered, housed and entertained.

I'd rather bring the guillotine back so as not to waste the resources involved in lethal injection. At least we can keep the blade sharpened and reuse it
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I agree. I have no desire to to heal these folks.

Just put them to sleep.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The offender(s) obviously chopped the poor girls hands off so as to minimize the chance they'd be found by the DNA left under her nails after a probable struggle.

Oh dear how my heart hurts when things such as this happens
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1300338 wrote: I don't know guy's but I read stories like this and it further ads to my not caring about capital punishment. I sincerely find absolutely no use in keeping around any animal capable of doing anything remotely close to this. A complete and utter waste of resources that people should not be forced to give up. Society has enough problems getting their own "personal" bills payed let alone money that goes towards keeping creatures capable of this fed, clothed, showered, housed and entertained.

I'd rather bring the guillotine back so as not to waste the resources involved in lethal injection. At least we can keep the blade sharpened and reuse it

no excuse........kill the bastards.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I am all for capitol punishment, when 100% certain of the guilt of the accused.

I am only concerned with making certain you have the right person before lopping their head.

Has anyone here read John Grisham's "the Innocent Man" ?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Post by minks »

LarsMac;1300433 wrote: I am all for capitol punishment, when 100% certain of the guilt of the accused.

I am only concerned with making certain you have the right person before lopping their head.

Has anyone here read John Grisham's "the Innocent Man" ?

With the advancements made with DNA identification, I would like to believe capitol punishment would be the ultimate solution.

I to am pro capitol punishment.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

DNA has made getting the person who comitted the crime a certainty. I'm pro capital punishment especially for cases like this, no appeals just death.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

CARLA;1300471 wrote: DNA has made getting the person who comitted the crime a certainty...

I don't know that that is completely true. Firstly, it depends on the crime.

Biological evidence is not always left at the scene by the criminal.

And, The presence of DNA does not, in and of itself, prove guilt. It only proves the owner of the DNA was at that location, at some time.

True, it can be fairly convincing in a case of rape, but not necessarily of murder.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If you have DNA and other evidence of the persons involvement in the murder I would say it's a slam dunk.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

K.Snyder;1300338 wrote: I don't know guy's but I read stories like this and it further ads to my not caring about capital punishment. I sincerely find absolutely no use in keeping around any animal capable of doing anything remotely close to this. A complete and utter waste of resources that people should not be forced to give up. Society has enough problems getting their own "personal" bills payed let alone money that goes towards keeping creatures capable of this fed, clothed, showered, housed and entertained.

I'd rather bring the guillotine back so as not to waste the resources involved in lethal injection. At least we can keep the blade sharpened and reuse it This Is similar to a harrowing story I read In one of my womens magazines. A group of Prolific violent car Jackers In the States pounced on a car as It stopped at the lights. The young man was beaten to death Infront of his young girlfriend and then they turned on her. They trussed her up like a suckling pig and repeatedly gang raped her. They mutilated her genitals and anus with a chair leg. Then they poured bleach on her genitals to remover DNA. They then battered her almost to death and believing she was dead, they tossed her In a dumpster. By some miracle, some-one found her and she survived. She told of her story In this magazine.

The Police got every-one of them and It was their gang who was responsible for a string of violent car-jackings. They all face life In prison. Just gas the bastards and be done with It.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
minks

Post by minks »

CARLA;1300487 wrote: If you have DNA and other evidence of the persons involvement in the murder I would say it's a slam dunk.

Precisely, and not to mention this may serve as a deterrent to some of the population out there too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1300494 wrote: This Is similar to a harrowing story I read In one of my womens magazines. A group of Prolific violent car Jackers In the States pounced on a car as It stopped at the lights. The young man was beaten to death Infront of his young girlfriend and then they turned on her. They trussed her up like a suckling pig and repeatedly gang raped her. They mutilated her genitals and anus with a chair leg. Then they poured bleach on her genitals to remover DNA. They then battered her almost to death and believing she was dead, they tossed her In a dumpster. By some miracle, some-one found her and she survived. She told of her story In this magazine.

The Police got every-one of them and It was their gang who was responsible for a string of violent car-jackings. They all face life In prison. Just gas the bastards and be done with It.

My God :-1
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well, moral certainty cannot be dictated by the definition of a majority. Moral certainty is set in stone and there's only one true answer.

I do know that this answer consists of any percentage of uncertainty, with regards to capitol punishment, completely obliterates my definition of "appropriation".

Even if someone is 99.99% sure of one's guilt then capitol punishment is by default immoral.

I personally understand the question as being philosophical and when this is considered upon my 100% certainty of one's guilt to crimes even remotely close to a couple mentioned in this thread I find those to be worth equal in proportion to a pile of garbage. I recycle garbage
Oscar Namechange

K.Snyder;1301176 wrote: Well, moral certainty cannot be dictated by the definition of a majority. Moral certainty is set in stone and there's only one true answer.

I do know that this answer consists of any percentage of uncertainty, with regards to capitol punishment, completely obliterates my definition of "appropriation".

Even if someone is 99.99% sure of one's guilt then capitol punishment is by default immoral.

I personally understand the question as being philosophical and when this is considered upon my 100% certainty of one's guilt to crimes even remotely close to a couple mentioned in this thread I find those to be worth equal in proportion to a pile of garbage. I recycle garbage So what's the answer?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1301259 wrote: So what's the answer?

The answer is crime prevention and not retribution lest we continue to inspire the exact same philosophy of "appropriate killing" which is left up to the context of those using it ultimately placing morality in the hands of a majority which is mathematically=divinely wrong

Upon the level in which people as a collective equivalent cannot afford to detain people that are a risk to the health of society both free and detained then they shall be put to death
Oscar Namechange

K.Snyder;1301455 wrote: The answer is crime prevention and not retribution lest we continue to inspire the exact same philosophy of "appropriate killing" which is left up to the context of those using it ultimately placing morality in the hands of a majority which is mathematically=divinely wrong

Upon the level in which people as a collective equivalent cannot afford to detain people that are a risk to the health of society both free and detained then they shall be put to death
The Party I represent If ever given power will execute Murderers and Peadophiles. I have to admit that this Is a grey area for me as many murderers do not mean to kill. However, people like the car jackers I wrote about can not even be called animals because I do not know of an animal that would do that to his own.

I think I can honestly say that I have never been so moved as by that young girls couragous story and what they did to her played on my mind for some time. The details she gave of her Injuries were not even half way to describing what they did to her. Her ordeal lasted several hours and there had to have been a point where any-one of that gang could have said 'Enough' but they didn't. I'd have absolutely no qualms In being the one to fry them.
spot

Post by spot »

The chap accused of the murder has now appeared in court, there's a write-up at Second suspect in Anika case: News24: South Africa: News

As expected, it's a family acquaintance who's been put on trial. It would appear there's more to be uncovered in terms of others involved.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I am a pro-capital punishment believer living in a country that is very much against it, so I am a lone voice. I agree, you would put a dog down for doing less, I say he should die for what he did.
spot

Post by spot »

Would it not be preferable to find out what happened first?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

CARLA;1300471 wrote: DNA has made getting the person who comitted the crime a B]certainty.

It hasn't, actually. There're lots of problems. Some of them are hinted at in:

DNA: Just how foolproof are the forensic tests?| News | This is London

Just DNA evidence is simply not good enough.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1311225 wrote: Would it not be preferable to find out what happened first?

:wah:

Ventor has been accused not found guilty mike...

I pronounce that all courtrooms retain the modo "Guilty until proven innocent" because there would be absolutely no other reason to accuse anyone otherwise...The public seems to agree yet when applied to themselves they find it rather coarse and vulgar.

Such a Beautiful woman that Anika Smit :-1
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bill Sikes;1311238 wrote: It hasn't, actually. There're lots of problems. Some of them are hinted at in:

DNA: Just how foolproof are the forensic tests?| News | This is London

Just DNA evidence is simply not good enough.

I agree, but I also agree that DNA matching at the scene of the crime with other implicative details is enough to throw away the key.
spot

Post by spot »

And, sure enough, six months on the prosecution admits they've never had a shred of evidence against Nico Venter and they've dropped all charges. The police succeeded in lifting pressure from their shoulders by charging him and presumably they're hoping nobody will make much of a public fuss that they've failed to track down the actual killer.National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesman Mthunzi Mhaga said: “We feel there is nothing linking the accused to the offence at this stage.” He said the NPA had requested police to continue investigating the case.

In May police said they were hunting for a second suspect, but at the time Lieutenant Colonel Lungelo Dlamini declined to provide further details. Police spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Eugene Opperman said that police were continuing their investigations. He said investigators had reached the conclusion that Venter was not linked in any way to the case.

Murder charges withdrawn against Venter

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

What's almost as sickening is the thought this type of criminal will do this again
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I am a supporter of capital punishment.
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;1333126 wrote: What's almost as sickening is the thought this type of criminal will do this again

If the police were fully effective in detecting and prosecuting crime it would be a great deal rarer. Policing as it stands now in every Western country is shockingly ineffective. We need new techniques.
spot

Post by spot »

What's the world coming to?

Cops quiz Smit
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1335794 wrote: What's the world coming to?

Cops quiz Smit

God that's atrocious

He said the police had now shifted their focus to him on the basis of a statement he made to police on March 10, regarding the circumstances of his daughter's death.March ffs! I understand that all people need not automatically be ruled out just because they're family but this is horrible. If they had questions they should have asked them in March, not doing the equivalent to poking this person with a red hot iron prod seemingly forever
spot

Post by spot »

The chap this thread was keen to have judicially killed is now "claiming R285 000 from the police for his alleged unlawful arrest". The police, you'll remember, then turned on her father as a scapegoat and then the news dried up. Nobody appears to be awaiting trial. I said earlier in the thread that the underlying problem to deterring rape and murder is inadequate policing. Goodness knows what sort of message this case has sent to the public at large.
spot

Post by spot »

I thought we might wake this thread up. More of the story will emerge in the next month or so.

There are 96 witnesses on the list that might be called to try and clarify who is responsible for the death of Smit.

Her father, Johan Smit, and her ex-boyfriend, Nico Venter, were added as interested parties in the inquest, but not as suspects. Five years after the murder, no suspects have been arrested.

Criminal law expert, Llwellyn Curlewis, says the state asks for an inquest into a death once the National Prosecuting Authority finds there are no suspects or enough evidence to arrest a suspect. A magistrate presides over the inquest. The inquest can be informal, in the magistrate’s chambers, or formal taking the form of a mini-trial with people testifying.

“To determine one of four aspects, namely the identity of the deceased, the date of the deceased, obviously the reason or the cause of the death of the deceased and ultimately whether a person should be held liable, prima faci, which means at first glance thereof,” says Curlewis.

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/5073520049 ... h-20150913

spot

Post by spot »

This is the sort of inquest where everyone's incidental dirty linen is being exposed. The real underlying puzzle is why the police investigation achieved so little.

Sometimes 'Vampire' said he was a monster - girlfriend says at Anika inquest | News24
spot

Post by spot »

It's silly to say "one hopes this has nothing to do with the killing", because something must have been. Even so, without any physical evidence the inquest is faced with guesswork. There should have been physical evidence, that's whee the problem lies - in the investigation.

Occult sacrifice link in teen’s murder - Crime & Courts | IOL News

Return to “Societal Issues News”