Praise The Lord

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
gmc

Praise The Lord

Post by gmc »

What I find hard to believe about god tv and the like is that so many people actually buy in to it. It's funny but at the same time it's not. Can't wait to see what they have to say after 01/12/2012 (the end of days apparently)
koan

Praise The Lord

Post by koan »

I'm familiar with the Mayan prophesy hype over end of days but I keep seeing you post that it's a Christian thing, gmc. I didn't see any google results for the combination so I thought I'd save time by just asking you what you're talking about. This is different from the Mayan "conspiracy" thing?
koan

Praise The Lord

Post by koan »

oh, funny video, btw.

Non intellectuals shouldn't try to be intellectuals. I'm sure they all have other talents they could share but deep thoughts aren't one of them.
Ahso!

Praise The Lord

Post by Ahso! »

Jack Handy is a deep thinker.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Praise The Lord

Post by gmc »

koan;1342211 wrote: I'm familiar with the Mayan prophesy hype over end of days but I keep seeing you post that it's a Christian thing, gmc. I didn't see any google results for the combination so I thought I'd save time by just asking you what you're talking about. This is different from the Mayan "conspiracy" thing?

since you ask so nicely. I'm surprised you haven't come across it, Some fundamentalists seem to have conflated the mayan prophesy thing with end of days beliefs.

How close are we to the end of days? | GOD TV

The Spiritual Famine of The Last Days | GOD TV

Programmes | GOD TV

Chuck Missler - The Rapture Part 1

amazingly god tv is UK based. well I find it amazing and slightly worrying because I thought most religious nutters were american:-3 - europe having exported most of theirs in colonial days. Well there is the pope but cracking sectarian jokes about a man in a dress who lives in rome is frowned upon unless there's ian paisley in the same joke which can make life exciting.

YouTube - Ian Paisley - ON FIRE!!! - Part 1 :sneaky:

Personally I've always suspected the british sense of humour grew out of the need for a coping mechanism during all the religious strife we went through.
koan

Praise The Lord

Post by koan »

:wah:

thanks for the links
koan

Praise The Lord

Post by koan »

omg... the first link he's got a flow chart. lmao
gmc

Praise The Lord

Post by gmc »

koan;1342225 wrote: omg... the first link he's got a flow chart. lmao

tsk tsk. you are not supposed to make fun of religious belief. Show some respect. people like you are going straight to hell. Put the kettle on, I will probably be along shortly.
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

gmc;1342350 wrote: tsk tsk. you are not supposed to make fun of religious belief. Show some respect. people like you are going straight to hell. Put the kettle on, I will probably be along shortly.The kettle is permanently in a state of boiling in hell gmc :wah:

[/FONT]
gmc

Praise The Lord

Post by gmc »

binbag;1342352 wrote: The kettle is permanently in a state of boiling in hell gmc :wah:

Is there something about you we should know?
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

gmc;1342379 wrote: Is there something about you we should know?I would hazard a guess and say yes, there's lots about me you don't know :wah:

Now, about yourself gmc........:D

[/FONT]
gmc

Praise The Lord

Post by gmc »

binbag;1342381 wrote: I would hazard a guess and say yes, there's lots about me you don't know :wah:

Now, about yourself gmc........:D

It may or not be pertinent but I claim no knowledge as to the state of a kettle in hell, boiling or otherwise.

I always wonder what these guys who believe in the end of days will do when it doesn't happen. Do they lose their faith or decide they just misinterpreted god's message and got the date wrong?

Perhaps the atheist society or whatever it is or maybe the gay rights people should ask them to set up a legal agreement transferring all church assets to the said organisations the day after the end of times as an act of faith. bet you 50p there would be no takers. If you're going to heaven presumably it will not be much use to you
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

gmc;1342391 wrote: I always wonder what these guys who believe in the end of days will do when it doesn't happen. Do they lose their faith or decide they just misinterpreted god's message and got the date wrong?Those "guys" who put a date on the end times are but fools who do not know their Bible.

Why do I say that?

Well, here's one example why.....

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matt. 24:36-37)

bb

[/FONT]
Bryn Mawr

Praise The Lord

Post by Bryn Mawr »

binbag;1342416 wrote: Those "guys" who put a date on the end times are but fools who do not know their Bible.

Why do I say that?

Well, here's one example why.....

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matt. 24:36-37)

bb

Did not Jesus say that the end of times would arrive during the lifetime of the Apostles?
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

Bryn Mawr;1342960 wrote: Did not Jesus say that the end of times would arrive during the lifetime of the Apostles?BM, you mean the words Jesus said to his disciples...

" Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened"

I personally have the impression Jesus was talking about the generation of people in this world who continue live their life in an un-Christian manner, with all that that entails.

[/FONT]
Bryn Mawr

Praise The Lord

Post by Bryn Mawr »

binbag;1343098 wrote: BM, you mean the words Jesus said to his disciples...

" Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened"

I personally have the impression Jesus was talking about the generation of people in this world who continue live their life in an un-Christian manner, with all that that entails.

Not just that one, another quote runs on the lines of there are those standing here with me who will be alive at the coming of the kingdom of Heaven.
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

koan;1342215 wrote: oh, funny video, btw.

Non intellectuals shouldn't try to be intellectuals. I'm sure they all have other talents they could share but deep thoughts aren't one of them.Love it koan :wah:

[/FONT]
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

Bryn Mawr;1343101 wrote: Not just that one, another quote runs on the lines of there are those standing here with me who will be alive at the coming of the kingdom of Heaven.Yes there's a few similar verses in the scriptures BM.

Matthew 16:

"I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus said it just days before he took Peter, John and James up to a mountain to pray.

[/FONT]
Bryn Mawr

Praise The Lord

Post by Bryn Mawr »

binbag;1343349 wrote: Yes there's a few similar verses in the scriptures BM.

Matthew 16:

"I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus said it just days before he took Peter, John and James up to a mountain to pray.

And I've always taken that as referring to the second coming rather than to Jesus going to the Kingdom of Heaven during the Ascension.
binbag

Praise The Lord

Post by binbag »

Bryn Mawr;1343770 wrote: And I've always taken that as referring to the second coming rather than to Jesus going to the Kingdom of Heaven during the Ascension.BM, it’s referring to the transfiguration, which was a preview of Jesus’ future coming in His kingdom.

[/FONT]

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”